• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
There has got to be a faster way to get to the second floor as a waiter in Mandelbulb than climbing around.

It seems impossible to go up the front staircase, and once you sneak up the back staircase you are surrounded by people in every direction. Has anyone worked out some kind of route through all that?

My go to path was starting in the kitchen, since there's a door leading to a staircase right to the second floor. You'll be behind the guard area and immediately to the left is the big middle area where you can see the catwalk and access all the side doors.

If you start from the entrance, take out the waiter on the left then run for the drainpipe to get up there. It's pretty quick.

XaosWolf

Are the 210,000 scores some sort of cap or a glitch being exploited?

Edit: Kinda both? Or at least a bug that needs squashing.

There has got to be a faster way to get to the second floor as a waiter in Mandelbulb than climbing around.

It seems impossible to go up the front staircase, and once you sneak up the back staircase you are surrounded by people in every direction. Has anyone worked out some kind of route through all that?

I went under the main staircase, waited for stylist to pass and followed him, snag Waiter outfit from locker room, head through middle area and grab key, head through and left to security room to erase tapes, through opposite doorway, down hallway to the right, exit door on the left, then up the stair's and up the pipe.

Boom. Second floor and everything you need to get through the AV area to the Sheikh''s room before he even gets up. And Silent Assassin to boot.

Can you replay the escalation mission?

Yup.

Moff

Honestly i'm really interested to see where they take the story.

I wonder if we'll get any returning characters

my money is on the cult of ascension a few people in the paris mission talk about, they also mention a temple and that will likely be the final mission.

and I do think the antagonist guy at the end ordered the hit, maybe he is MI6 or has some influence on them

Escalations are permanent right or do they rotate?

the old one is still there so my guess is they are permanent

XaosWolf

Not a fan of these tripwires at all.

Needing to find a device without any info is way too needle in a haystack already, but having the tripwires be EVERYWHERE regardless of logic puts it in the "fuck that I'll just look up where it is" territory.

And to top it all off, you have to be holding it and have it unholstered to safely walk through the tripwires.

Why.jpg

Foffy

Banned
Not a fan of these tripwires at all.

Needing to find a device without any info is way too needle in a haystack already, but having the tripwires be EVERYWHERE regardless of logic puts it in the "fuck that I'll just look up where it is" territory.

And to top it all off, you have to be holding it and have it unholstered to safely walk through the tripwires.

Why.jpg

You can ignore the tripwires by taking routes that avoid them.

You can complete all tasks with little issue.

EDIT: Seems as some users are digging into the PC version, actual rankings and weapon upgrades were found. No idea if these were dropped, or they're coming.

MaKTaiL

EDIT: Seems as some users are digging into the PC version, actual rankings and weapon upgrades were found. No idea if these were dropped, or they're coming.
Where did you see this? I went all over Reddit, Steam Forums and Official ones too and found nothing about this. Do you have a link?

Vuze

Oh, did they add new escalation missions or what? Cool, guess I know what I'll be doing tonight, I love the concept of these!

Moff

can't figure out how to get the laptop dongle without having to go ham and murder everyone

I only did that once but I don't remember it being a problem. the security in the attic moves around a lot and there are many items up there to throw around

Moff

Does this one have online contracts?

it has player created as well as developer developed contracts
on top of that there is the escalation mode which is basically a series of 5 contracts that get harder objectives every time, like stealing stuff or more cameras etc.
and then there are elusive targets which are time limited contracts

Does this one have online contracts?

It does, though it lacks the mission criteria from Absolution (suit only, accident only, hide all bodies etc.)

At the moment the only variables are disguised & weapons but the devs have said they're going to be adding more variables in at some point.

I'm a bit concerned about the elusives. Part of Hitman has always been experimenting with methods of killing based on knowing the precise routine of the mark. How will this work? I know the target will be in a 48 hour window of opportunity, but when taken on, if he escapes, he's gone. Will he be roaming the level the same way, over and over, so we can observe? Will it just be a long trek from point A to B? I feel like I'm going to be forced to gun him down and book it for the exit instead of observing and striking cleverly in the opportune moment.

Hitman's always been a series about studying the environment, the mark's behavior, and combining the two to effective result. Elusive contracts, it would seem by their nature, aren't conducive to this style of play as they're not repeatable to observe the latter's. It'll be interesting to see how they will play out...

MaKTaiL

I'm a bit concerned about the elusives. Part of Hitman has always been experimenting with methods of killing based on knowing the precise routine of the mark. How will this work? I know the target will be in a 48 hour window of opportunity, but when taken on, if he escapes, he's gone. Will he be roaming the level the same way, over and over, so we can observe? Will it just be a long trek from point A to B? I feel like I'm going to be forced to gun him down and book it for the exit instead of observing and striking cleverly in the opportune moment.

Hitman's always been a series about studying the environment, the mark's behavior, and combining the two to effective result. Elusive contracts, it would seem by their nature, aren't conducive to this style of play as they're not repeatable to observe the latters. It'll be interesting to see how they will play out...
I heard they will have their own little story with voice acting as well. So you will have plenty of time to observe their behavior and their story before taking them out. But first you have to find them in the crowd since they won't show up in the instinct vision.

Jintor

Hitman's always been a series about studying the environment, the mark's behavior, and combining the two to effective result. Elusive contracts, it would seem by their nature, aren't conducive to this style of play as they're not repeatable to observe the latter's. It'll be interesting to see how they will play out...

I don't know. All you have to do is predict their movements and maybe play it safe. Only take sure bets. Do it the Hitman's way.

To put it another way, I spent almost 2 hours studying Victor and Dalia's movements on my first run in Paris before offing them. Elusive targets won't need you to explore the map at the same time so it should be a bit easier.

Cdv2Z9AUEAAoiG8.jpg:large
It's done.

I like it alot but can't get over atrocious loading times and always online bullshit. Don't think I'll buy the next episode because of it.
Also I prefer the final test mission (airport hangar). Its done a lot better and more intimate in my opinion. And loading times are instant compared to Paris. Paris is just too cluttered with npcs. Same shit as Unity.

Jintor

loading times are only really a problem when they break up the flow... which is why the game freezing for a hot second when I go outside really fucking sucks... but that's my fault for my low-tier PC

this game still looks sick on low settings though, I have to say

I heard they will have their own little story with voice acting as well. So you will have plenty of time to observe their behavior and their story before taking them out. But first you have to find them in the crowd since they won't show up in the instinct vision.

No instinct? Man then I'm really screwed. Nice to hear they'll be coming along with their own narratives though, hope these are well thought out as I don't care for the idea of lockables being behind these guys, even though they can be gotten later on.

I don't know. All you have to do is predict their movements and maybe play it safe. Only take sure bets. Do it the Hitman's way.

To put it another way, I spent almost 2 hours studying Victor and Dalia's movements on my first run in Paris before offing them. Elusive targets won't need you to explore the map at the same time so it should be a bit easier.

That's precisely my worry is that they're not going to be predictable. They're probably going to stick to well-known avenues like Dalia and Viktor do, so rushing to get into a position such as a waiter with rat poison would be safe.

Anyone know when the first one hits?

It's done.

I like it alot but can't get over atrocious loading times and always online bullshit. Don't think I'll buy the next episode because of it.
Also I prefer the final test mission (airport hangar). Its done a lot better and more intimate in my opinion. And loading times are instant compared to Paris. Paris is just too cluttered with npcs. Same shit as Unity.

Are PS4 loading times that bad? Do you have HDD or SSD installed?

I don't know, in PC with SSD is like no more than 10 seconds loading Paris from scratch.

It's done.

I'm locked and loaded for the full experience, but I agree the loading times are bullshit. I've been blessed on the online, but they definitely need to work on server stability and have a reconnect option instead of dumping you to the menu.

I also agree that Final Test is probably a better experience than Paris, but not necessarily because it's smaller, but because of the density, like you were saying. It's the big reason I'm excited for Sapienza, because it looks to be even bigger than Paris, but not quite so crowded.

I don't know, in PC with SSD is like no more than 10 seconds loading Paris from scratch.

On PS4, the only thing keeping me sane is the fact that I have my PS4 right next to my PC, so while it reloads I can poke around on the internet.

Yes : (

A default stock HDD.

Paris mission

Initial loading time -> 1 minute 43 seconds
Restarting/reloading save games -> 44 seconds

Yacht mission

Initial loading time -> 27 seconds
Restarting/reloading save games -> 10 seconds

Final Test airport hangar mission

Initial loading time -> 23 seconds
Restarting/reloading save games -> 8 seconds

Bonus Server disconnection
Returning to main menu and reconnecting -> 40 seconds
After that repeat step one -> Initial loading time

XaosWolf

Yes : (

A default stock HDD.

Paris mission

Initial loading time -> 1 minute 43 seconds
Restarting/reloading save games -> 44 seconds

Yacht mission

Initial loading time -> 27 seconds
Restarting/reloading save games -> 10 seconds

Final Test airport hangar mission

Initial loading time -> 23 seconds
Restarting/reloading save games -> 8 seconds

Bonus Server disconnection
Returning to main menu and reconnecting -> 40 seconds
After that repeat step one -> Initial loading time

Ouch. That's like Bloodborne bad.

I love this so far and haven't even started Paris. I'm working my way through all the challenges in the tutorial free roams. It's exactly what I wanted after Absolution. I never even finished that garbage.

That said the online thing is obnoxious, got disconnected once and I had only started the mission. I can see how that happening in a large one halfway through would be enraging.

Also has anyone else had the Suit Only challenge not count on the Cuban hanger mission? I did it but didn't get the check mark.

Yopis

It's done.

Wish I could stay connected long enough to do this.

Congrats by the way.

MUnited83

For you.
It's super weird that they bothered to put some hidden weapons in Paris like the War Axe or a cutlass, yet you can't make it so contracts require them specifically.

Dildo? Lol, I hope that's in the final game. Knocking out someone with it is going to be hilarious.

thenexus6

Couple of things what does "Redacted" mean? Is this a bug?

and this definitely a bug

I've done this challenge but its still not showing up and completed.. This is happening a lot with some of these challenges.

Also man the challenge menu is so slow and sluggish loading that I've just written them all down on a notepad and checking them off with a pen.

I'm trying to do an escalation mission where you're supposed to be wearing palace staff outfit, but I have no idea what outfit that is.
I've tried a bunch of outfits from people wokring in the palace, but I keep failing because it's the wrong one...

Thanks everyone.

My go to path was starting in the kitchen, since there's a door leading to a staircase right to the second floor. You'll be behind the guard area and immediately to the left is the big middle area where you can see the catwalk and access all the side doors.

If you start from the entrance, take out the waiter on the left then run for the drainpipe to get up there. It's pretty quick.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how to get through that big middle area without being noticed (especially since one of the targets is right there). There are two stage technicians walking around the whole area in a circle, and they will notice you whether you are a waiter or security guard.

I especially want to try to evade all the cameras in there so as to not spend time deleting recordings.

Right now I am climbing the drainpipe. I'm considering a route where you go up the back stairs as a waiter, go through the middle area to do the waiter disguise target, go to the vase room, knock out the security guard, switch disguises, come back out for the security guard disguise target.

I'm trying to do an escalation mission where you're supposed to be wearing palace staff outfit, but I have no idea what outfit that is.
I've tried a bunch of outfits from people wokring in the palace, but I keep failing because it's the wrong one...

Waiter outfit.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Thanks everyone.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how to get through that big middle area without being noticed (especially since one of the targets is right there). There are two stage technicians walking around the whole area in a circle, and they will notice you whether you are a waiter or security guard.

I especially want to try to evade all the cameras in there so as to not spend time deleting recordings.

Right now I am climbing the drainpipe. I'm considering a route where you go up the back stairs as a waiter, go through the middle area to do the waiter disguise target, go to the vase room, knock out the security guard, switch disguises, come back out for the security guard disguise target.

Waiter outfit.

There's a set of patrolling guards to watch out for, but the one guy will move away from the target to the bathroom after they talk.

You can just shoot the cameras. :p

Somehow, actually using the gun has become the last thing I think of in a game about killing people.

Okay, gun-only run. I'm sure next I'll hear about a way to knock people out using guns only.

Top Bottom