• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

I get ganked trying to get to the other side of the attic after putting on the outfit.
I didn't have much of a problem with it. You are seen when going past the two guards who talked about the light installation? Before you jump over the table there and move further, wait until the standing guard has his back to you. He went in circles all the time at the same spot for me.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I must be lucky almost never getting booted on PS4 after 20 hours. Square need to get their shit together so Meat can play.

hitchhikers-ford-arthur-hug.gif

MayMay

Banned
That 00:00:00 210,000 score bug is really starting to annoy me. Just replayed Level 5 of one of the Escalation missions trying to beat my time - and in the end it's just 00:00:00 and since I did not count my time manually (why would I) Ill never know if I beat it! rip

pahamrick

SA,SO in Paris is killing me. I have my run figured out thanks to aping the one Bernardo posted the video for, but I always screw something up. My favorite screw up is when I went to shoot he speaker but since I took too long the speaker fell on absolutely nothing.

I suck.

Moff

so, did all the achievements and reached mission mastery 20, again the mission mastery is great game design, so motivating, especially since the unlocks carry over to the other missions

I think I am done for now, and I am very happy with this game, the episodic design works really well, and I got 14 hours out of that, not bad, and I will certainly get some more challenges and of course the elusive targets

vpance

Sniper scope aiming is so bad. Please fix this IO.

SA,SO in Paris is killing me. I have my run figured out thanks to aping the one Bernardo posted the video for, but I always screw something up. My favorite screw up is when I went to shoot he speaker but since I took too long the speaker fell on absolutely nothing.

I suck.

Easiest and fastest SA SO run has got to be with Terminal Velocity. The hardest part is grabbing the fireworks trigger but if you start in the right location it's quick.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I mean, it doesn't have to be clean. It just has to be done. I had bodies found or crimes noticed for pretty much every level of the escalation.

I've also never been disconnected, 15 hours in here.

I didn't have much of a problem with it. You are seen when going past the two guards who talked about the light installation? Before you jump over the table there and move further, wait until the standing guard has his back to you. He went in circles all the time at the same spot for me.

Fair point, I'm going to go crazy with the silenced pistol and fibre wire.

justjim89

It's really frustrating how broken the "Break From the Auction" challenge seems to be. I did the whole playthrough in one straight shot. Got the invite to go upstairs and posed as Reaper, met Dalia, waited in her bathroom, and killed her with a silenced pistol shot to the head while she was looking away. But I didn't get the challenge for it. Does it have to be a specific pistol? Using the ICA silverballer for it, and nothing. I want to eventually get all the challenges, so that's discouraging.

pahamrick

Easiest and fastest SA SO run has got to be with Terminal Velocity. The hardest part is grabbing the fireworks trigger but if you start in the right location it's quick.

I agree with the sniper scope aiming, I had to resort to using the mouse to aim in order to get the sniper challenge done and even that was a bit iffy.

Also, didn't think about doing it with Terminal Velocity, damn. I still have the mindset that Suit Only = Suit, not starting disguise. I need to get rid of that.

MUnited83

For you.
I thought you had to hide the bodies for SA SO, wouldn't that make getting it with Terminal Velocity impossible?
Not necessary. If you use accidents the bodies can be found and it will still be Silent Assassin (the only downside is that it still has the score pênalti)

Furthermore, even without accidents you don't need to hide the bodies. As long as nobody sees and is alerted by the bodies, it will qualify for SA too.

Which reminds me of a tip: you can go to the basement, throw one remote bomb to one of the guards só he picks it up, go kill Dalia, go to the first Floor, activate the fire alarm and go to the basement again. Go directly to the basement exit, and watch Victor through Instinct or map and see when he arrives at the security room. Then detonate the bomb and immediately exit. If your timing was correct you exited before anyone could see the body, getting you SA

It's really frustrating how broken the "Break From the Auction" challenge seems to be. I did the whole playthrough in one straight shot. Got the invite to go upstairs and posed as Reaper, met Dalia, waited in her bathroom, and killed her with a silenced pistol shot to the head while she was looking away. But I didn't get the challenge for it. Does it have to be a specific pistol? Using the ICA silverballer for it, and nothing. I want to eventually get all the challenges, so that's discouraging.

Not sure if this will work for you but I did the hide the bathroom thing and could never get it to unlock. I decided to just shoot her right in the head just after she greets 47 as Mr. Reaper and then making a beeline out of there. Worked like a charm. Give it a go.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got a suit only 2:30 run (lol auction start)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOfW37JvqZM

Flubbed the exit a bit though, could still be faster for sure. Actually relating to the SA talk, I don't think I got it here but I'm not sure why. Unless the SO/SA challenge is more specific since it points out hiding bodies, I didn't get it to pop on this run.

MUnited83

For you.

Flubbed the exit a bit though, could still be faster for sure. Actually relating to the SA talk, I don't think I got it here but I'm not sure why. Unless the SO/SA challenge is more specific since it points out hiding bodies, I didn't get it to pop on this run.
Lol, my current run im doing is virtually identical :p. Although im trying to find a way to make it so the bodyguard doesn't de... I'm not sure if accident kills of non-targets count against SA rating or not...

justjim89

Not sure if this will work for you but I did the hide the bathroom thing and could never get it to unlock. I decided to just shoot her right in the head just after she greets 47 as Mr. Reaper and then making a beeline out of there. Worked like a charm. Give it a go.

I ended up getting it by starting at the auction in the default tux and doing the exact same thing as before.

Now, a logistical question: Does Kruger have to meet with Dalia and take the stage before Victor gets on and gives his speech, or will he do it anyway? Not sure how many times i need to watch his loop to get the challenge for shooting him with a pistol while he's onstage.

brau

huh... i didn't know you could shoot those down hahaha... well that opens more options.

MUnited83

For you.
I ended up getting it by starting at the auction in the default tux and doing the exact same thing as before.

Now, a logistical question: Does Kruger have to meet with Dalia and take the stage before Victor gets on and gives his speech, or will he do it anyway? Not sure how many times i need to watch his loop to get the challenge for shooting him with a pistol while he's onstage.
It takes quite a while, you need to wait quite a bit.

To make it faster you can take out the asian stylist dude.

pahamrick

Don't you need to take out / hide Sato to trigger Victor to get on the stage?

-And-

And beaten with better info.

MaKTaiL

Do not use the Silverballer. Use the original pistol and the original party suit. That's the only way I could get the challenge. I killed her in the bathroom using the pistol kill animation from behind. Some of my friends did the same thing and it worked like a charm for them too. Give it a try.

Papercuts

Lol, my current run im doing is virtually identical :p. Although im trying to find a way to make it so the bodyguard doesn't de... I'm not sure if accident kills of non-targets count against SA rating or not...

Yup, main thing I'm wondering since the bodyguard dying via accident is the only thing making this SA or not.

IO pls make it more clear. ;_;

MUnited83

For you.
huh... i didn't know you could shoot those down hahaha... well that opens more options.
You can do a lot with gun shots! Shoot the piano pin to takedown someone, shoot the recording equipment downstairs, shoot the cameras, shoot the speakers that are everywhere on the palace, take out the Power, shoot eléctric outlets, distract people by shootings at a all to make them check it out, etc, etc :p
Don't you need to take out / hide Sato to trigger Victor to get on the stage?

-And-

And beaten with better info.
Yeah, its quicker that way. Although he will still go there anyways, but with Sato accompanying him.

brau

You can do a lot with gun shots! Shoot the piano pin to takedown someone, shoot the recording equipment downstairs, shoot the cameras, shoot the speakers that are everywhere on the palace, take out the Power, shoot eléctric outlets, distract people by shootings at a all to make them check it out, etc, etc :p

Silenced Pistol is OP then?

Never thought about using it for all of that. Makes sense tho. This will get more fun now! woohoo!

justjim89

It takes quite a while, you need to wait quite a bit.

To make it faster you can take out the asian stylist dude.

Ah, yeah. I should've taken out Sato first, perhaps. I tried shooting Victor when he was onstage as Sato spoke and nothing. I guess I'll have to wait for the man himself to speak, even though the challenge only says while he's onstage.

Maybe it's one of the ones where you can't reload a save. Hmmm. Shit. I wish they'd say so for things like that.

Ah, yeah. I should've taken out Sato first, perhaps. I tried shooting Victor when he was onstage as Sato spoke and nothing. I guess I'll have to wait for the man himself to speak, even though the challenge only says while he's onstage.

Maybe it's one of the ones where you can't reload a save. Hmmm. Shit. I wish they'd say so for things like that.

Viktor has to be giving the speech which he'll only do when Sato is taken out.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

How did you get the pistol up there?

They frisk before you reach the room

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
How did you get the pistol up there?

They frisk before you reach the room

Can't you smuggle the pistol in the upper floor by hiding it in a crate and letting the auction staff carry it? I remember it being shown in one of the early videos of the game but I haven't tried it myself.

MUnited83

For you.
Although answered, you can climb up the pipe next to the balcony in the room with the one waiter on his own on the 3rd floor, pipe will lead you to the auction room balcony. No frisk.
This too. Hell, you can go out of the window in the place where they frisk you and go to the nearest pipe and bam! You there!

Foffy

Banned

I'd go far enough to say that all aiming and shooting mechanics are fucking awful on a controller. Wish I had a KB/M for comparison, but I could probably kill people with better ease with that control scheme in all of the previous games.

Lashley

How do you spawn there?

And how come the guards aren't suspicious? What suit is that?

MUnited83

For you.
How do you spawn there?

You can select your spawn point when on the "planning" phase. You need to complete challenges before unlocking it.
Regarding the guards, they aren't suspicious because you are supposed to be on the auction posing as Tobias Reaper. For this you can steal a invite to the auction, or you can just climb there and people will be fine with you being there either way.

Papercuts

How do you spawn there?

In the planning stage you can stage the starting point, while unlocking more areas based on Paris mastery. IIRC the auction is the last one you get around 18.

It's just the basic tux, while starting here it's basically as if you already had the invitation and walked up here.

Just finished Paris for the first time the other day; what a spectacular level. Never thought I'd see a proper followup to Blood Money, but I'm glad it's there.

It's funny how much of Metal Gear gaf is in this thread though; guess it kinda makes sense :p

Jintor

I'd go far enough to say that all aiming and shooting mechanics are fucking awful on a controller. Wish I had a KB/M for comparison, but I could probably kill people with better ease with that control scheme in all of the previous games.

I play with controller but switch to kb/m to shoot mans

NexusCell

So as someone who has only played Absolution and not especially enjoy it that much, I'm interested in the variety and open world aspect of the game. Is it worth it to try the intro pack and then invest in the rest of the game, or buy the complete version now?

Jintor

So as someone who has only played Absolution and not especially enjoy it that much, I'm interested in the variety and open world aspect of the game. Is it worth it to try the intro pack and then invest in the rest of the game, or buy the complete version now?

i would advise intro pack for the moment given that the total package is only $5 extra to upgrade.

MUnited83

For you.

Which platform are you on? If you're on PC, i'd recommend you to buy it from someone selling their graphics card extra. They are going for like 30$ which is a amazing price for the whole thing.

Lashley

You can select your spawn point when on the "planning" phase. You need to complete challenges before unlocking it.
Regarding the guards, they aren't suspicious because you are supposed to be on the auction posing as Tobias Reaper. For this you can steal a invite to the auction, or you can just climb there and people will be fine with you being there either way.

In the planning stage you can stage the starting point, while unlocking more areas based on Paris mastery. IIRC the auction is the last one you get around 18.

It's just the basic tux, while starting here it's basically as if you already had the invitation and walked up here.

I love this game.

Can't wait for Italy.

vpance

Yep it's all pretty bad. The dead zone is big and there's no way to adjust the aim speed.

Jintor

Can't you smuggle the pistol in the upper floor by hiding it in a crate and letting the auction staff carry it? I remember it being shown in one of the early videos of the game but I haven't tried it myself.

they seem to have cut crates moving between second and third floors.

Just did the double sniper challenge. Next up on the challenges list: double garrote.

Because of the disguises I chose, four additional people are now knocked out and stowed. I'm now considering how many more people I would need to knock out if I wanted to garrote Novikov unnoticed without changing his route (by poisoning or whatever).

MUnited83

For you.
Just did the double sniper challenge. Next up on the challenges list: double garrote.

Because of the disguises I chose, four additional people are now knocked out and stowed. I'm now considering how many more people I would need to knock out if I wanted to garrote Novikov unnoticed without changing his route (by poisoning or whatever).

Without changing his route at all? No distractions like coins and sinks?

The Intro pack is perfect for someone in your position - you're the big winner of the episodic release schedule :)

Personally, as someone who really enjoyed both the older Hitman games and Absolution, I was so confident I'd enjoy this game that I pre-ordered the whole season. I still had the chance to cancel my pre-order after trying the Beta if I wanted to, but I ended up loving the Beta :)

I have to agree with you there, at least on PS4. If you look at 5:09 in this video, you can see just how much I'm fighting the controls to actually get the headshot lined up on Dalia (a stationary target!).

I don't have this problem in any other PS4 games - I can snipe pilots out of choppers in GTA V for example.

Without changing his route at all? No distractions like coins and sinks?

I didn't even think about using coins, since he only walks by rooms with people in them. Then I randomly tried luring him into a bathroom with a coin, and it worked!

It helped that his bodyguard suddenly decided to stay in the back foyer by himself - no idea what triggered that, since it only happened after I loaded a save.

Top Bottom