• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Has anyone successfully killed everyone in Paris or La Sapienza yet?

I don't mean every one of the targets, I mean EVERYONE.

I wanna try and role play as a mass murderer attempting to pick off an entire town. Be as stealthy as I can for as long as I can and then use guns when absolutely necessary.

Would this even work? Are there a finite number of NPCs in a level?

Yes, but a single guard can respawn over and over again if someone notices you killing,

I tried doing it in Sapienza and ended up with like 295 kills, not sure if I got everyone, because they really spread out, but there couldn't have been more than 1-2 left.

Yes, but a single guard can respawn over and over again if someone notices you killing,

I tried doing it in Sapienza and ended up with like 295 kills, not sure if I got everyone, because they really spread out, but there couldn't have been more than 1-2 left.

Interesting, thanks

I wanna try and role play as a mass murderer attempting to pick off an entire town. Be as stealthy as I can for as long as I can and then use guns when absolutely necessary.

You can kill everyone in the level.

People have discovered that the game counts up to 297 non-target NPC kills in both levels.

There actually are more characters than that, but the game doesn't actually register the generic crowd NPCs (basically anyone you can't mark in Contracts mode).

BlackJace

VGp80G6.jpg

Neat little easter egg in Silvio's bedroom. You can see what is (most likely) a picture of his deceased mother burning in his fireplace.

Dude's nuts fam.

As of now the game basically any kill won't have bodies found even if the notice appears.

Okay, now I see what was meant by that. I just did the shotgun / assault rifle escalation level 2 by shooting the security guard as he was dragging away the body of the other target. Still "no bodies found."

Wait, he got banned. We're going to have to figure out wacky explosive kills ourselves for a while.

I've done it. Killed everyone in both levels. Seems like both areas have 297 people in them + the 2 targets. Both times I killed every person I could find, and when I no longer had a "searching" or "compromised" state, I just roamed around the area, just firing my gun in the air trying to alarm anyone who might still be alive, and when no one else would pop up after doing a through search, I assumed everyone was dead.

Thorgal

I Don't think that is possible .

Roosterteeth used the puddle trick to kill boatload of guards until the game slowed down to a crawl and eventually crashed .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65IPyQBgbF8

I Don't think that is possible .

Roosterteeth used the puddle trick to kill boatload of guards until the game slowed down to a crawl and eventually crashed .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65IPyQBgbF8

Am I invisible? I just said a few posts up that I've done it in both areas. There was one run I attempted where I started messing around and tried piling dozens of bodies in the same spot, and that did really hurt the frame rate, and during that run, my game kept crashing back to the ps4 dashboard. When I didn't do that though, and just left all the bodies where they were, I was able to do it.

Thorgal

Am I invisible? I just said a few posts up that I've done it in both areas. There was one run I attempted where I started messing around and tried piling dozens of bodies in the same spot, and that did really hurt the frame rate, and during that run, my game kept crashing back to the ps4 dashboard. When I didn't do that though, and just left all the bodies where they were, I was able to do it.

missed your post earlier .

so it is possible then provided you don't create a bodypile ..

dk_

Did you guys finish every challenge in Paris before moving on to Sapienza? I'm level 20 now and I really want to move on, but the completionist deep down wants me to clear Paris first. :-(

Randdalf

Did you guys finish every challenge in Paris before moving on to Sapienza? I'm level 20 now and I really want to move on, but the completionist deep down wants me to clear Paris first. :-(

I did (well, until the Magician challenges were released), but that's because Sapienza wasn't out yet.

Playing on PS4. Anyone notice this grid like artifact on the screen when you run past stuff sometimes? It disappears pretty quickly though.
Damn I thought that was my TV lol looks like it's the game. It's quite noticeable on the pier in Sapienza when you move the camera fast.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in a similar situation. Want to get to mastery 20 in Paris and want to learn the layout like the palm of my hand. I'm close to that at least.

Gacha-pin

No, I finished all the challenges in Sapienza but I still have 10 or so challenges in Paris. Sapienza is easier to me.

Jintor

What are our hopes for levels?

So far we've had:

- small boat (Practice Hit 1)
- small air base (Practice Hit 2)
- Medium/Large Palace/Fashion Show (Paris)
- Sprawling Small Town + Villa (Sapienza)

Marrakesh looks like it's going to be another Small Town with probably an Embassy, A school?, a bazaar and filled with rioters. We know Thailand, USA and Japan (Tokyo specifically?) are on the cards, though the specifics of the locations we don't know.

But aside from that, what kind of locations do you think would be interesting that we haven't already covered in the series, or could be revisited with higher fidelity?

- Suburbs (Blood Money - a new day)
- Hospital?
- Airport?
- Bank?
- Prison

MaKTaiL

I did them all until the Vampire Challanges came out. I did some of them but the hardest ones I left undone. Then I conpleted 100% Sapienza and yesterday I decided to do the remaining Vampire ones. I highly recommend creating your own contracts to do the Vampire Challanges, some could be quite annoying to do IMO.

What are our hopes for levels?

So far we've had:

- small boat (Practice Hit 1)
- small air base (Practice Hit 2)
- Medium/Large Palace (Paris)
- Sprawling Small Town + Villa (Sapienza)

Marrakesh looks like it's going to be another Small Town with probably an Embassy, A school?, a bazaar and filled with rioters. We know Thailand, USA and Japan (Tokyo specifically?) are on the cards, though the specifics of the locations we don't know.

But aside from that, what kind of locations do you think would be interesting that we haven't already covered in the series, or could be revisited with higher fidelity?

- Suburbs (Blood Money - a new day)
- Hospital?
- Airport?
- Bank?
- Prison

I'd would love to see another hotel/resort style level. I think we may get one too based off of the trailers, but it's hard to say.

Jintor

I really do think an Airport would be really cool to do. Full of all kinds of areas. Might have to stop you from going outside too much though... or not. Could be a partitioned off part of a larger airfield or just one terminal or something.

Nielm

I really do think an Airport would be really cool to do. Full of all kinds of areas. Might have to stop you from going outside too much though... or not. Could be a partitioned off part of a larger airfield or just one terminal or something.

An airport level would be great. Maybe even a second part to the level, that would require you to board a plane and assassinate someone mid-flight.

Jintor

A plane is a different proposition... it'd have to be a pretty big-ass plane to be any fun. A plane is basically just a goddamn corridor. That doesn't sound super great to me.

Maybe a zeppelin.

Metal-Geo

Airport during a snowstorm
Industrial harbor during a strike
Oilrig
Central train station
Moscow's Red Square during the military parade.
North Korea (hohoho)

I can't even image how difficult it must be for the folks at IOI, to choose only a small selection of locations.

Edit: The first teaser images of HITMAN were all airport related. So... fingers crossed?

BlackJace

A plane is a different proposition... it'd have to be a pretty big-ass plane to be any fun. A plane is basically just a goddamn corridor. That doesn't sound super great to me.

Maybe a zeppelin.

I wouldn't mind mini levels like a plane that are meant to hold us over until the big destinations.

Maybe as the game grows and evolves we can see something like that.

vpance

A full on airport level would be amazing, I definitely want to see that. And do it like in 3 parts. Departure terminal, in flight, and arrival.

Damn I thought that was my TV lol looks like it's the game. It's quite noticeable on the pier in Sapienza when you move the camera fast.

Yeah, maybe it's some sort of rendering trick to save on pixels.

Since one of the trailers hinted at a mafia trial: let's have a courthouse level.

A good reason to have lots of security, guards, and hiding places everywhere.
Create distractions by tampering with evidence.
Disguise yourself as a lawyer, a jury member, or a judge.

Or, infiltrate a tech company that's a parody of Google. 47 can be disguised in a flannel shirt and blend in by getting in a sleep pod.

Or a music festival. Kill people with pyrotechnics and pretend to be a member of a rock band.

Since one of the trailers hinted at a mafia trial: let's have a courthouse level.

A good reason to have lots of security, guards, and hiding places everywhere.
Create distractions by tampering with evidence.
Disguise yourself as a lawyer, a jury member, or a judge.

Or, infiltrate a tech company that's a parody of Google. 47 can be disguised in a flannel shirt and blend in by getting in a sleep pod.

Or a music festival. Kill people with pyrotechnics and pretend to be a member of a rock band.

I think having the courthouse level in Absolution might have dashed the chances of seeing it again, since it was one of Absolution's best levels, which isn't a shame. I'd love to see a HiTMAN take on it. Big media blitz, crowds & journalists outside, shady members of the mob hanging about, corrupt cops to take advantage of etc.

I think the only location we can 'confirm' for the US, Japan or Thailand will be a hotel, because there's always a hotel.

I think having the courthouse level in Absolution might have dashed the chances of seeing it again, since it was one of Absolution's best levels, which isn't a shame. I'd love to see a HiTMAN take on it. Big media blitz, crowds & journalists outside, shady members of the mob hanging about, corrupt cops to take advantage of etc.

I think the only location we can 'confirm' for the US, Japan or Thailand will be a hotel, because there's always a hotel.

I always wanted a courthouse setting for Hitman and Absolution's one wasn't it. I'm surprised you say it's the best because that level didn't even have a target. It was certainly the best area for Contracts mode but a fully developed courthouse level with an actual target and all the opportunities to kill them that this game is offering would be awesome. You're likely right that there being a courthouse level in Absolution will probably lessen the likelihood of there being one here.

I always wanted a courthouse setting for Hitman and Absolution's one wasn't it. I'm surprised you say it's the best because that level didn't even have a target. It was certainly the best area for Contracts mode but a fully developed courthouse level with an actual target and all the opportunities to kill them that this game is offering would be awesome. You're likely right that there being a courthouse level in Absolution will probably lessen the likelihood of there being one here.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely (heh) hated Absolution and that was one of the few levels I actually thought felt like a Hitman level, in terms of being able to move around it and explore. Completely forgot it didn't even have a target.

It had that 'day in the life of X' feeling that all the best Hitman levels have where it feels like nothing important at all was really happening, and if the player did their job properly then it wouldn't seem like anything had happened when 47 left the area. Contrast that with the rest of Absolution where you've got shit catching on fire and exploding and all sorts of other rubbish and it left me with the impression that it was more Hitman-like than 90% of the other levels in the game.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely (heh) hated Absolution and that was one of the few levels I actually thought felt like a Hitman level, in terms of being able to move around it and explore. Completely forgot it didn't even have a target.

It had that 'day in the life of X' feeling that all the best Hitman levels have where it feels like nothing important at all was really happening, and if the player did their job properly then it wouldn't seem like anything had happened when 47 left the area. Contrast that with the rest of Absolution where you've got shit catching on fire and exploding and all sorts of other rubbish and it left me with the impression that it was more Hitman-like than 90% of the other levels in the game.

You're definitely right about that. It's why it's the only level I ever made contracts for.

Okay, looks like I also got the same issue that Ludens reported. 0 points for "Never spotted" and 0 points for "No recordings," even though I destroyed two sets of camera recordings and also went a no-bodies-found route (flower delivery and private investigator).

Maybe this has to do with me firing an unsilenced gun to drop the stalactite on the virus, but that still doesn't explain the recordings.

Also, I just realized that you can get a saber in Sapienza. So much attention to detail.

Didn't know there was a courthouse level in Absolution. It's a shame that it's such a small one.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You know, I never actually follow the "Opportunity" trails, but I do really enjoy being able to browse the challenges, and don't feel like it compromises my experience at all. Just seeing the endpoint gets my mind racing about how to get there, in a way it wouldn't if I had to stumble on stuff naturally. I never in a million years would have thought to drop Dhalia on top of Viktor, but when I saw it as a Challenge I had a ton of fun figuring out how to make it work (turns out its a lot simpler than I thought)

Top Bottom