• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Remember when everyone was asking if you can actually use the virus on your targets and we all thought the answer was no?

Just read a new discovery on reddit and went to check it myself. Turns out the answer is yes.

This game.

I'm both kind of mad that this just got spoiled but also very thankful because I know I would have never figured that out on my own.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
what

I

WHAT?!?!?!

can you also get
her to kill him?!?!?!?!

how do you do that? the only thing i noticed was after you give her the dna samples from the safe she makes a comment like "your death will come sooner than you think" or something like that but I got bored following her around. Does this actually go somewhere?

Jintor

how do you do that? the only thing i noticed was after you give her the dna samples from the safe she makes a comment like "you're death will come sooner than you think" or something like that but I got bored following her around. Does this actually go somewhere?

who knowwwwwssssss D:

Moff

I know you can kill her with the virus if she is in the lab and you disable the ventilation

or are the more ways? and what about him?

I know you can kill her with the virus if she is in the lab and you disable the ventilation

or are the more ways? and what about him?

If you go into the attic of the mansion, there is a little cut out in the floor on one side, with a ladder. Jump down there and that drops you down into a small closet type room. (You can climb back up through the same hole if you stand near the right spot)Shoot the model ship sitting in there and it will break. Inside of it the broken ship, is a vial of the DNA virus linked to her. If you throw it at or near her, the vial breaks and releases the virus, instantly choking and killing her.

Since the info on it specifically states it's linked to her DNA, I assume it only kills her but I haven't tried it on anyone else yet.

Moff

If you go into the attic of the mansion, there is a little cut out in the floor on one side, with a ladder. Jump down there and that drops you down into a small closet type room. (You can climb back up through the same hole if you stand near the right spot)Shoot the model ship sitting in there and it will break. Inside of it the broken ship, is a vial of the DNA virus linked to her. If you throw it at or near her, the vial breaks and releases the virus, instantly choking and killing her.

Since the info on it specifically states it's linked to her DNA, I assume it only kills her but I haven't tried it on anyone else yet.

huh, interesting.
weird there's no challenge for that.

and if I understand how the virus works correctly, you should be able to drop the vial on anyone and it should kill her. sometime.

huh, interesting.
weird there's no challenge for that.

and if I understand how the virus works correctly, you should be able to drop the vial on anyone and it should kill her. sometime.

Yeah I think so. Or someone who comes in contact with her. I've read that you can just leave it in her "path" and once she walks through it, she will die as well as anyone else who walks through the cloud. I haven't tried anything but throwing it at her feet. Once I read about this last night it was too late to mess with it in depth.

Refresh my memory, if you wouldn't mind, NeoGAF. Do I get one chance within those 48 hours to get the target? Or can I retry the levels as much as I want within that timeframe?

edit: n/m should have read the fucking link! So one chance, within the 48 hr time frame.

Roni

Gold Member
This game is growing on me with each new playthrough. At first, didn't make much of the tutorial levels, played Paris a few times, but it was only with Sapienza that it really clicked with me. Really looking forward to next levels.

so can someone denzel philadelphia explain it like im a 5 year old what elusive targets are?

also, im just getting going in this game. after beating the two missions, should i be going back to try new ways to beat it? doing contracts? whats the best stuff to do basically

Refresh my memory, if you wouldn't mind, NeoGAF. Do I get one chance within those 48 hours to get the target? Or can I retry the levels as much as I want within that timeframe?

edit: n/m should have read the fucking link! So one chance, within the 48 hr time frame.

Damn, that kind of sucks. I wish you could start your own 48 hour window on an individual basis. What if you're on vacation or out of town for work or something?

There's a nice looking medieval hatchet buried into a wooden beam inside of the stone tower near the left front of the mansion, over by the flower delivery van. It's near the top of the tower and I can't figure out for the life of me how to get my hands on it. Not that it's a big deal but it bothers me.

tchocky

so can someone denzel philadelphia explain it like im a 5 year old what elusive targets are?

also, im just getting going in this game. after beating the two missions, should i be going back to try new ways to beat it? doing contracts? whats the best stuff to do basically

You should try different ways to kill the targets, if you can't think of new ways look at the challenges and see which ones you have not done. You should also try the escalations but I would recommend not doing all five levels of each escalation in one go because it can get repetitive instead alternate between escalations. The most important thing is you get to Level 20 mastery in both levels so you unlock all the extra weapons/gear/starting points.

KingKong

Damn, that kind of sucks. I wish you could start your own 48 hour window on an individual basis. What if you're on vacation or out of town for work or something?

yeah that seems weird especially since you only get one shot at it anyway

also the rewards are not very good, 5 escalations (how long will it take for them to even come out) gets you a suit, 10 gets another suit, then those same suits with gloves

yeah that seems weird especially since you only get one shot at it anyway

also the rewards are not very good, 5 escalations (how long will it take for them to even come out) gets you a suit, 10 gets another suit, then those same suits with gloves

I will play them because I like the game, but not because of the rewards. I reaaaally don't care of the color of the suit or other cosmetics. But maybe it's for the best, or people that will miss the targets will complain.

pupcoffee

I swear, after both Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4, this game is still the only one this year to give me that "new level of gaming" feel.

There's a nice looking medieval hatchet buried into a wooden beam inside of the stone tower near the left front of the mansion, over by the flower delivery van. It's near the top of the tower and I can't figure out for the life of me how to get my hands on it. Not that it's a big deal but it bothers me.

Shoot it and it will fall.

Finally! Do we know how often we'll get new elusive targets? The site says you need to complete 10 to get the BM suit so I imagine there will be at least a couple per month.

Paris launched with the Absolution suit unlock for 5 targets successfully eliminated and a later update (before Sapienza launched, I think) added the Blood Money suit for 10 targets. The optimist in me says they had at least 5 planned for Paris which would be roughly one per week and the same for Sapienza when it launched, but the pessimist says that's too generous.

Jintor

aww man that's 100% what I thought it was. 48 hours from the moment you start the contract would make so much more sense.

Replay missions and go through some of the lists of opportunities and challenges that they have listed in the menu. That will give you a general idea on the many different ways you can tackle a mission.

The Absolution Suit looks exactly like the regular suit. Am I missing something?

I think the tie clip's new.

523552_10152136299465393_1487968607_n1.jpg

edit: what's the point in bringing back old Hitman games' suits? he always wore back suits with white shirt and red tie anyway.

Deadstar

The post about new contracts shows a battle-axe. Have they added options where you need to use a specific weapon to kill instead of just saying you need to use a "melee weapon" ? In my opinion, this needs to be fixed so that contracts need to be completed with specific weapons if that is the option the creator chose.

Go back into the level and complete the challenges. Try to get level 20 mastery in each level. This will unlock items to use in future missions. VERY good items you won't want to miss. For fun you can try completing opportunities you haven't done yet.

The loading screen for that site is the classic Hitman logo, but I haven't seen it anywhere in the real game. Has anyone?

Only in the mission completion screen when displaying your ranking.

The post about new contracts shows a battle-axe. Have they added options where you need to use a specific weapon to kill instead of just saying you need to use a "melee weapon" ? In my opinion, this needs to be fixed so that contracts need to be completed with specific weapons if that is the option the creator chose.

Right now it looks like it's still only implemented in escalations.

ZeroX03

Banned
Watching Elusive Target runs will be so intense. The first two don't seem too hard - just need to pay attention to detail - but future ones could be grueling.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
who knowwwwwssssss D:

have you actually done this? I'm curious now. When you start at the lemon tree she is on the phone and mentions that if the session with the therapist is unsuccessful they might have to do it themselves or something so there's definitely some dialogue that hints at it but I couldn't get them to interact except for that one little meeting by the fireplace.

Deadstar

Watching Elusive Target runs will be so intense. The first two don't seem too hard - just need to pay attention to detail - but future ones could be grueling.

I am going to resist the urge to cheat and watch videos before I do it. If I fail I fail. I want to experience it blind.

have you actually done this? I'm curious now. When you start at the lemon tree she is on the phone and mentions that if the session with the therapist is unsuccessful they might have to do it themselves or something so there's definitely some dialogue that hints at it but I couldn't get them to interact except for that one little meeting by the fireplace.

Yeah, I just got around to trying it and it went absolutely nowhere. She'll make a couple more phone calls after you show her the DNA samples, but they end up deciding that they can't arrange his death until the virus is completed.

On the other hand, I see that I haven't actually completed the challenge under "Feats" that shows the picture of the DNA sample... I must be missing another step.

I'm not looking forward to the inevitable bunch of disconnects/server issues that are going to completely screw people out of this first Elusive Target.

One of my favorite things about this game is how many hilarious ways you can screw with a target without killing them, especially through the opportunities paths. For a while now I've been curious to try an "asshole 47" run to see how many things I can get away with to stress out or agitate the targets before eliminating them. Maybe that could be an unofficial challenge for this thread, see who can make it the worst day possible for the targets. Who knows, knowing this game maybe a hidden secret/easter egg would trigger, even if it's something small like new dialogue.

Dabanton

This along with Superhot is currently my most enjoyable games of the year so far.

Just the immense amount of small details and approaches is phenomenal and the one level a month is great I can focus on a stage and perfect it in multiple ways much more enjoyable than going through a stage and moving onto the next one straight away.

Deadstar

This along with Superhot is currently my most enjoyable games of the year so far.

Just the immense amount of small details and approaches is phenomenal and the one level a month is great I can focus on a stage and perfect it in multiple ways much more enjoyable than going through a stage and moving onto the next one straight away.

This might be the first game where I prefer it to be episodic rather than to get it all at once.

No f'in way. That's amazing.

I only got the game last week.

Can I ask are most people playing with the map on? I'd like to get a happy medium between challenging and pure frustrating.

justjim89

I think with Elusive Contracts, I'm definitely gonna be a lot more aggressive. No point in trying to make a one-try job a perfect hit, I want to get the job done. Either sniping from a high spot or just walk up on 'em and take 'em out. I'm sure there'll be complications that will make doing so tricky, but I think with these hits I'll forgive myself for going messy, because who knows how many people will fail trying to do it perfectly.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think with Elusive Contracts, I'm definitely gonna be a lot more aggressive. No point in trying to make a one-try job a perfect hit, I want to get the job done. Either sniping from a high spot or just walk up on 'em and take 'em out. I'm sure there'll be complications that will make doing so tricky, but I think with these hits I'll forgive myself for going messy, because who knows how many people will fail trying to do it perfectly.

Yeah, same. Or at the very least I won't try to go for an accident kill. Get a guard uniform, get behind him and cap him in the head

When I don't know what I'm going to do, my default is coins + garrote. All I need is the right kind of room layout and it should never fail.

My default fallback is usually explosives. Probably the remote duck.

The question is where to start. If it's Paris I'll start in the auction for minimum hassle just in case it's an auction guest. If it's Sapienza... start in the mansion and change to a housekeeper right away.

Top Bottom