• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

brau

The artbook is very barebones. It is of nice quality but has very little content only covering the three missions we know about with environment shots, and a couple of pages of costumes. I would not recommend it's purchase.

The tie is a reasonably good quality red tie, it is wearable, but just a normal red tie. The clip seems good but I've not used it.

The statue? Was worth the money. It is fairly large. There is some minor white paint bleeding from the edge where the shirt meets the jacket, but could be easily fixed with some black paint if I could be bothered. The base has a nice wooden laminate finish, but is plastic and doesn't have much weight. All the weight is in the model itself. Minor gripe that there is no tread on the shoe resting on his ankle, but it looks good in the corner of my desk. If you can pick it up for a reasonable price, it gets my vote.

nice. i appreciate it! can you put up some pics of it if you have a chance? just to get some quality of the overall statue. Pretty much the only reason i want the CE. I would look to pick it up for cheaper.

MUnited83

For you.
damn bernardo, how did you get such a high score for the new sniper escalation?
start on ruins, pick up Sniper, snipe both them as quickly as you can then run to the boat

I assume if you have the better sniper rifle unlocked, you can just start in the ruins, shoot them both, then immediately leave before "Body Found" counts against your score.
I actually used the worse one, the one with the better zoom actually fucks up my fast aiming because you can be pointing at the wrong place when you make it zoom, fucking it up and needing to readjust.

Hmm. I haven't had time to unlock the ruins starting point yet or I'd be trying that right now.

And, yes, it's great to have a reason to start using loud guns all over the levels.

They should add a flak jacket as one of the upgrades.

Seems like Marrakesh should be where armor mechanics are introduced, since there are soldiers all over the place.

I am getting horrible performance in this game (DX11, 2K resolution). It's a real disappointment having to knock it back down to 1080p.

MUnited83

For you.
Paris has actually got a lot better with the latest patches, for me at least. 60fps everywhere on the map even on the ones with more people.

Sapienza performance is decent for the most part, but a complete mess when I'm in the ruins for some reason

Moff

I never had any problems in paris, but sapienza is a mess in many rooms in the villa, fps drops down to a stuttery 40 and changing any settings doesn't help at all and it bothers me a lot
980ti as well

Ludens

Banned
So, regarding the bug I had yesterday, I can confirm it's not a bug: simply when I reloaded a save, I loaded the wrong one, so I lost my completed opportunity (in fact that had no description). I did it again and it worked.

But I can also confirm the game has some problems with the save, now other users are reporting it too.
In example sometimes when I toss a coin, load a save in the exact same place and toss another coin in the opposite direction, the guard will look at the first "ghost" coin I tossed, even if on the ground there's nothing.

I have also another issue: no matter what, I can't get the "a camera recorded you" notification.
Even if I'm in front of a camera, it never show me the message, but clearly it records me since I have the malus in the stats screen.

Demoskinos

Latest patch was also meant to prep for elusive targets. Hopefully we will hear something soon. I think they are trying to finally get their servers in order before releasing them. You wouldn't want one chance to take out a target, then BAM....disconnected.

Yup. I think that is the case. That would be a real shit thing.

Fury451

Banned
The artbook is very barebones. It is of nice quality but has very little content only covering the three missions we know about with environment shots, and a couple of pages of costumes. I would not recommend it's purchase.

The tie is a reasonably good quality red tie, it is wearable, but just a normal red tie. The clip seems good but I've not used it.

The statue? Was worth the money. It is fairly large. There is some minor white paint bleeding from the edge where the shirt meets the jacket, but could be easily fixed with some black paint if I could be bothered. The base has a nice wooden laminate finish, but is plastic and doesn't have much weight. All the weight is in the model itself. Minor gripe that there is no tread on the shoe resting on his ankle, but it looks good in the corner of my desk. If you can pick it up for a reasonable price, it gets my vote.

Completely agree. I got it used/damaged packing for about 70 USD. Also I can everything that this post signs, or book is bare-bones but kind of neat. The real value comes from the tie being a neat fan peace, along with the pretty cool clip even though I I find it to be a little bit too big. But the actual statue is probably the best that I've ever seen so far from a game collectors edition. It's a really cool pose, and a really cool quality. It's the reason that I wanted to pick up the collectors edition, and for 70 I feel like that alone would've been worthwhile for me.

Gacha-pin

Latest patch was also meant to prep for elusive targets. Hopefully we will hear something soon. I think they are trying to finally get their servers in order before releasing them. You wouldn't want one chance to take out a target, then BAM....disconnected.

And Marrakesh as well. It's only three weeks left...

Regarding elusive contracts, I'm not sure I fully understand.

So, will you have to click on the elusive contract part on the home screen to play it or will it be a part of the Sapienza map in general and when you play it, one random time - the target will appear?

When you do, from what I understand, the target will not be "red" or marked on the map. Correct?

But if so, he (or she) will remain on the map the entire time for that 1 game play though, right? As long as you don't die, he won't...say...just leave 10 minutes into it, right?

And if you fail to get him in that one play through, that's it, no more chances, ever? Like forever ever? Just picturing a scenario where I have an emergency where I have to leave my house or the power goes out or some shit.

How will we know who the elusive target is, will we even see a pic of him/her? Or do we have to maybe listen in on some conversations or something? If we kill anyone else on the map, like thinking this is the target, bam, oops no it wasn't - is the game then over?

Regarding elusive contracts, I'm not sure I fully understand.

So, will you have to click on the elusive contract part on the home screen to play it or will it be a part of the Sapienza map in general and when you play it, one random time - the target will appear?

When you do, from what I understand, the target will not be "red" or marked on the map. Correct?

But if so, he (or she) will remain on the map the entire time for that 1 game play though, right? As long as you don't die, he won't...say...just leave 10 minutes into it, right?

And if you fail to get him in that one play through, that's it, no more chances, ever? Like forever ever? Just picturing a scenario where I have an emergency where I have to leave my house or the power goes out or some shit.

How will we know who the elusive target is, will we even see a pic of him/her? Or do we have to maybe listen in on some conversations or something? If we kill anyone else on the map, like thinking this is the target, bam, oops no it wasn't - is the game then over?

They will be a standalone mission, like the Escalations or a standard Contract. Instinct & saves will be disabled and the target will not be marked on the map.

If they ever release I'm sure each contract will be different, some might be on a timer and some not, but I'm expecting most of them to be available as long as you're in the level and don't alert them. If you fail the mission then that's it, they're gone forever. If you have a power cut then you've lost your chance. Servers go out again, lost your chance. If you alert them and they escape you've lost your chance. 1 shot is all you get, unless they've changed it due to poor server performance.

About a week ago the intro videos for 2 contracts leaked. I didn't watch them but it sounds like we'll get a picture of the target and some sort of explanation of their behavior so we can spot them (to differentiate between similar models on the map). Again, each one will probably be different.

They will be a standalone mission, like the Escalations or a standard Contract. Instinct & saves will be disabled and the target will not be marked on the map.

If they ever release I'm sure each contract will be different, some might be on a timer and some not, but I'm expecting most of them to be available as long as you're in the level and don't alert them. If you fail the mission then that's it, they're gone forever. If you have a power cut then you've lost your chance. Servers go out again, lost your chance. If you alert them and they escape you've lost your chance. 1 shot is all you get, unless they've changed it due to poor server performance.

About a week ago the intro videos for 2 contracts leaked. I didn't watch them but it sounds like we'll get a picture of the target and some sort of explanation of their behavior so we can spot them (to differentiate between similar models on the map). Again, each one will probably be different.

Thanks. Cant wait, challenge accepted.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
anyone noticed that if you stay near the two guards behind the virus for long enough one will get bored and start doing push ups. lol

justjim89

The new sniper Escalation is fun, if a bit too easy as long as you have the ruins unlocked as a starting location and smuggle box. Literally a 2-minute mission each run, if that. The upgraded rifle with 2x zoom helps a great deal.

I hope we get some screens or a trailer for Marakesh soon, either RPS or PCGamer had a preview that made it sound really cool.

The new sniper Escalation is fun, if a bit too easy as long as you have the ruins unlocked as a starting location and smuggle box. Literally a 2-minute mission each run, if that. The upgraded rifle with 2x zoom helps a great deal.

I hope we get some screens or a trailer for Marakesh soon, either RPS or PCGamer had a preview that made it sound really cool.
I just started/smuggled into the apartment and it was just as easy. Walk onto the rooftop straight out the back door and headshot them both from there.

anyone noticed that if you stay near the two guards behind the virus for long enough one will get bored and start doing push ups. lol

That's awesome. I love little touches like these and they act as little rewards for people who like to replay levels / explore / try new things.

Meneses

I just started/smuggled into the apartment and it was just as easy. Walk onto the rooftop straight out the back door and headshot them both from there.

That's what I did too, once you get to the roof it takes 5 seconds to kill both of them and then it's just a jog to the car.

Did it involve luring her under one? I watched her go down there twice but I think she never walks under one on her own.

yeah i could never get francesa to naturally walk under a stalactite either, if you shoot her in the arm or whatever she will "run away" underneath two but the timing on it is pretty difficult, or maybe I just didn't find a great spot to be in where you can shoot both her and a stalactite without getting gunned down by security. I frankly just got lucky in shooting one while she happened to be running away underneath it.

I realized after I finished the challenge another way to probably do it is to knock her out (take out her two guards first), then just drag her body underneath a stalagtite. You'd have to clear out a big chunk of the lab area though first, sounds like a lot of work.

It actually would be pretty funny to entirely clear out the lab area, destroy the virus, and then watch her come down. You'd think she would notice NOBODY around the entire area, but I'm betting she just does her scripted normal thing.

vpance

Yeah gonna have to check out her path again on a non SASO run.

Just got my SASO. Chose to do it in a relatively boring way: poison the sauce distracting the chef, take out Silvio by the cliff, get to the mansion roof and kill Fran in her office, then stalactite the virus.

How do you get 200,000+ score on The Szilassi Darkness? I assume you need the 20,000 for no bodies found. Fastest I have been able to do it (gets me to around 199,000) is to:

Start in hideout. Grab rifle. Go out to rooftop. Shoot below the stairs on left of watchtower to get 1st target to start moving down there (for no body found), rotate right and plug the 2nd target on the pier, rotate back left as the 1st target arrives at stairs and drop him, slide down the pipe and sprint to the boat. I can do this in around 1:20

Anyone have a faster method w/no bodies found? I have an alternate version at ruins but that is still around 1:20 199,000. I think to get a 200,000+ score you need to kill both targets in under a minute... oye!

Yeah gonna have to check out her path again on a non SASO run.

Just got my SASO. Chose to do it in a relatively boring way: poison the sauce distracting the chef, take out Silvio by the cliff, get to the mansion roof and kill Fran in her office, then stalactite the virus.

Congrats! Didn't stalactite kill other people in lab though?

MUnited83

For you.
How do you get 200,000+ score on The Szilassi Darkness? I assume you need the 20,000 for no bodies found. Fastest I have been able to do it (gets me to around 199,000) is to:

Start in hideout. Grab rifle. Go out to rooftop. Shoot below the stairs on left of watchtower to get 1st target to start moving down there (for no body found), rotate right and plug the 2nd target on the pier, rotate back left as the 1st target arrives at stairs and drop him, slide down the pipe and sprint to the boat. I can do this in around 1:20

Anyone have a faster method w/no bodies found? I have an alternate version at ruins but that is still around 1:20 199,000. I think to get a 200,000+ score you need to kill both targets in under a minute... oye!
Start on ruins, get sniper, snipe both targets immediatelg and go back to the boat. The bodies found function isn't working properly so this works.

Start on ruins, get sniper, snipe both targets immediatelg and go back to the boat. The bodies found function isn't working properly so this works.

Are we sure it's not working properly? It seems like it just registers a little later than you actually see the text.

Maybe it takes time for the NPC finding the body to report it... But I'm already overthinking the logic of a game where you can set off explosions just before leaving the level and have no bodies found.

MUnited83

For you.
Did it involve luring her under one? I watched her go down there twice but I think she never walks under one on her own.

yeah i could never get francesa to naturally walk under a stalactite either, if you shoot her in the arm or whatever she will "run away" underneath two but the timing on it is pretty difficult, or maybe I just didn't find a great spot to be in where you can shoot both her and a stalactite without getting gunned down by security. I frankly just got lucky in shooting one while she happened to be running away underneath it.

I realized after I finished the challenge another way to probably do it is to knock her out (take out her two guards first), then just drag her body underneath a stalagtite. You'd have to clear out a big chunk of the lab area though first, sounds like a lot of work.

It actually would be pretty funny to entirely clear out the lab area, destroy the virus, and then watch her come down. You'd think she would notice NOBODY around the entire area, but I'm betting she just does her scripted normal thing.
No need to lure her. After talking with the scientists at the control panel, she will enter the lab. You can drop a stalactite just before she enters it.

MUnited83

For you.
Are we sure it's not working properly? It seems like it just registers a little later than you actually see the text.

Maybe it takes time for the NPC finding the body to report it... But I'm already overthinking the logic of a game where you can set off explosions just before leaving the level and have no bodies found.
Definitely a bug. You can shoot either of the story targets with a silverballer and you won't get bodies found even if their bodyguard see the body.

The explosions ones make sense, because it takes a fraction of a second for enemies to notice bodies, but if you exit before that you're fine. As of now the game basically any kill won't have bodies found even if the notice appears. (This seems to be tied to the weapons you use for the kill. I believe that some weapons aren't affected by this bug but im not sure which ones)

The thing is, I do the safehouse route in Szilassi, and I was getting no bodies found when I was able to exit by car. But running all the way to a boat to exit made me lose the no bodies found bonus.

So there is definitely a threshold when the body counts as found for real. I have yet to have a run where the body is never "found" even half an hour later, though.

vpance

Playing on PS4. Anyone notice this grid like artifact on the screen when you run past stuff sometimes? It disappears pretty quickly though.

Jintor

No need to lure her. After talking with the scientists at the control panel, she will enter the lab. You can drop a stalactite just before she enters it.

Yep.

Unfortunately she doesn't actually pause to swipe a card because NPCs don't need to (they really should fix that...) so you have to get the timing right, but the splash damage is pretty large.

Has anyone successfully killed everyone in Paris or La Sapienza yet?

I don't mean every one of the targets, I mean EVERYONE.

I wanna try and role play as a mass murderer attempting to pick off an entire town. Be as stealthy as I can for as long as I can and then use guns when absolutely necessary.

Would this even work? Are there a finite number of NPCs in a level?

Has anyone successfully killed everyone in Paris or La Sapienza yet?

I don't mean every one of the targets, I mean EVERYONE.

I wanna try and role play as a mass murderer attempting to pick off an entire town. Be as stealthy as I can for as long as I can and then use guns when absolutely necessary.

Would this even work? Are there a finite number of NPCs in a level?

That would be fascinating... Keep us updated if you try it!

Top Bottom