• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Moff

Sorry, but I don't know what's going on with the game.
First, I tried DX12 and is unplayable for me. Stuttering and light-freezes everywhere.
Second, I lost one hour to do the mission (Sapienza) with suit only, killing targets only and...no challenges unlocked, no silent assassin challenge. Why?
I only killed Francesca and the dude, nobody discovered be, not even when I destroyed the virus, no bodies found, so what the hell is happening?
It's the third time I do the mission and I'm doing nothing wrong, it's just frustrating at this point because I do all the mission only to discover I didn't get the challenges in the end.

well the score screen at the end should make clear what happened.
if it says no bodies found, not spotted, no non.targets killed and you still don't get the challenge something is wrong, or maybe you already have it.

vpance

After stealing the jester costume, the guy goes and puts on another one when he wakes up. Thought that was funny for some reason. But then he keeps drinking the water I poisoned, lol.

Ludens

Banned
did you get seen by a camera? I think even if you destroy the evidence it wrecks silent assassin.

I don't know, I take off the camera just before the lab by shooting, but I wasn't spossted. And I also grabbed the tape just to be safe, but I'm sure no camera actually saw me.

well the score screen at the end should make clear what happened.
if it says no bodies found, not spotted, no non.targets killed and you still don't get the challenge something is wrong, or maybe you already have it.

I had all the right stats, still didn't get the challenges. And no, I have not them :(

Also regarding the performance, it seems the last update broke the game again, a lot of people reported stuttering and freezes both on DX 11 and 12. Of course I'm one of them.
970 on the latest Nvidia driver.

Where is
Silvio's cigarette pack to slip the joint in? I found the woman's easily.

Also, how do you get
Francesca to line up for a cannon shot? I killed the virus which makes her come down to the lab and I watched her from her office to the lab and at no point did I see an opportunity to fire a cannon at her.

Jesus the sniper rifle is horrible to use. The aiming is so jerky. Basically impossible for me to hit at pin point accuracy.

It's MUCH better with the zoom scope you get after Mastery level 20.

Christ though, trying to get the "Unleash the Kraken" feat without the zoom almost drove me insane.

tchocky

Where is
Silvio's cigarette pack to slip the joint in? I found the woman's easily.

Also, how do you get
Francesca to line up for a cannon shot? I killed the virus which makes her come down to the lab and I watched her from her office to the lab and at no point did I see an opportunity to fire a cannon at her.

His cigarette pack is outside next to the fireplace. I have not done it yet but one of the cannons is pointing towards where Francesca meets with the detective.

thenexus6

It's MUCH better with the zoom scope you get after Mastery level 20.

Christ though, trying to get the "Unleash the Kraken" feat without the zoom almost drove me insane.

Yeah thats what I was trying to do when I posted. Man I guess i'll wait for the level 20 sniper before I snipe the targets challenge.

MUnited83

For you.
Jesus the sniper rifle is horrible to use. The aiming is so jerky. Basically impossible for me to hit at pin point accuracy.

It's terrible with a controller, the deadzone is far too big. I prefer controller over MK/B in this game, but I always need to switch while sniping. Kinda tempted to get a steam controller because of this lol

His cigarette pack is outside next to the fireplace. I have not done it yet but one of the cannons is pointing towards where Francesca meets with the detective.

Ahh. yes. Thanks.
I met with her as the detective. I've never seen her go down there on her own though. Do I need to get his phone and call her from the ruins or does she ever just go down there on her own? Seems like if you don't trigger anything she loops from that small room, to the big room where she smokes, to the patio outside.

MUnited83

For you.
Ahh. yes. Thanks.
I met with her as the detective. I've never seen her go down there on her own though. Do I need to get his phone and call her from the ruins or does she ever just go down there on her own? Seems like if you don't trigger anything she loops from that small room, to the big room where she smokes, to the patio outside.

You need to wake the detective up and he will go meet Francesca

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So, I'm trying to do the suit only challenge, is this just bugged? I destroyed the virus via the
laptop dongle, and waited for Francesca to come downstairs. There is a plattform where her guards wait and she comes down alone
. But every time I kill her, no matter how it says "CRIME NOTICED" but nobody reacts. When I put her boddy in the box nearby it says "HUNTED" but again, nothing happens. What the hell is going on here?

Edit: Alright, if I wait there for like 3 minutes a RANDOM HOUSEGUARD comes running down, trying to arrest me. WHAT.THE.FUCK

Jintor

italy still buggy. lotta guards still dying mysteriously when you choke em out.

...uh, okay, in reality i guess that's a risk, but in game terms please don't

Ludens

Banned
So, I figured out what's happening. It's a major bug, basically when you are spotted in a savegame, no matter what, you remain spotted if you reload a save. So if you are detected, reload and than go on perfectly, you won't be able to get SA rank and other challenges because the game remembers you were spotted and your stats are ruined, you need to start a new game.
Also I noticed if I submit a target in a non-lethal way, the game still counts that as killing an innocent in the stats screen.
Really, does IO test this garbage before dumping it on Steam?

Because EVERY patch broke something until now. Really, I can't believe this.

I waited for IO to fix bad performances, they still suck and the game now is also unplayable.

hunchback

I'm really glad I just bought the intro pack. I love this game but I have to be the worst Hitman ever. I'm still trying to get past The Final Test from the tutorial.

From watching videos I think I play too slow and don't think outside the box very well. It sucks because I really like how they set this up but when you have to restart every 5 minute's because I already screwed up the mission, it burns me out fast.

I'm really glad I just bought the intro pack. I love this game but I have to be the worst Hitman ever. I'm still trying to get past The Final Test from the tutorial.

From watching videos I think I play too slow and don't think outside the box very well. It sucks because I really like how they set this up but when you have to restart every 5 minute's because I already screwed up the mission, it burns me out fast.

Do you understand the disguise system? How are you getting caught? If you are feeling stuck. Track an opportunity. It is great to train new players how the systems can work in the game.

So, I figured out what's happening. It's a major bug, basically when you are spotted in a savegame, no matter what, you remain spotted if you reload a save. So if you are detected, reload and than go on perfectly, you won't be able to get SA rank and other challenges because the game remembers you were spotted and your stats are ruined, you need to start a new game.

A lot of people, myself included, have gotten silent assassin by reloading saves after screwing up repeatedly. Or is this something that started happening after the latest update?

New escalations that use just about every kind of gun in the game: https://hitman.com/news/the-week-in-hitman-after-sapienza Looking forward to trying these out.

Ludens

Banned
A lot of people, myself included, have gotten silent assassin by reloading saves after screwing up repeatedly, so this is definitely not universal. It may well be a bug in a specific case but you are going to have to be more specific about what's going on.

New escalations that use just about every kind of gun in the game: https://hitman.com/news/the-week-in-hitman-after-sapienza Looking forward to trying these out.

This is what I do:

I go to the church, activate the opportunity here, I take out in a non-lethal way the doctor while she is at the morgue, grabbing the card and the dongle. I than go into the mansion by climbing up ending in the kitchen. Here I'll exit the window on the left, I take off the camera, I enter the mansion. I recover the tape, I put it on the chamber, I kill the first target. Than I go the to roof, I reach the bathroom of Francesca's room, as soon as the guard go in the back of the room, I kill her and hide the body in the box. In the end I reach the lab, I use the dongle destroying the virus, and I leave using the airplane nearby.
In the stats screen it's reported I killed an innocent, since I get 0 points, and I'm am spotted. So I believe taking off the doctor counts as death even if the doctor is alive, since I can snap her neck, having the option to do so. If I get spotted, usually it's in the kitchen when I try to leave by the window, so if I reload doing the mission perfectly, in the end screen results I got spotted.

I'll wait for a patch, but still I tried to do this garbage 10 times, no matter what, no SA rank. Did you play after the patch released yesterday too? Today was the first time I booted Sapienza, but I believe the latesta patch broke the game again, the steam community hub is also filled with similar cases.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236870/discussions/0/364040797992486510/

EDIT: I tried another time, without loading, being spotted and basically by doing the mission in a single, perfect frame. In the ending stats, no matter what, I have 0 for people outsite targets killed, registration and detection. I give up. I think the game "reads" my bugged save and no matter what, I can't achieve SA even if I do Sapienza perfectly.

Is there a way to delete all my saves?

MUnited83

For you.
This is what I do:

I go to the church, activate the opportunity here, I take out in a non-lethal way the doctor while she is at the morgue, grabbing the card and the dongle. I than go into the mansion by climbing up ending in the kitchen. Here I'll exit the window on the left, I take off the camera, I enter the mansion. I recover the tape, I put it on the chamber, I kill the first target. Than I go the to roof, I reach the bathroom of Francesca's room, as soon as the guard go in the back of the room, I kill her and hide the body in the box. In the end I reach the lab, I use the dongle destroying the virus, and I leave using the airplane nearby.
In the stats screen it's reported I killed an innocent, since I get 0 points, and I'm am spotted. So I believe taking off the doctor counts as death even if the doctor is alive, since I can snap her neck, having the option to do so. If I get spotted, usually it's in the kitchen when I try to leave by the window, so if I reload doing the mission perfectly, in the end screen results I got spotted.

I'll wait for a patch, but still I tried to do this garbage 10 times, no matter what, no SA rank. Did you play after the patch released yesterday too? Today was the first time I booted Sapienza, but I believe the latesta patch broke the game again, the steam community hub is also filled with similar cases.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236870/discussions/0/364040797992486510/

EDIT: I tried another time, without loading, being spotted and basically by doing the mission in a single, perfect frame. In the ending stats, no matter what, I have 0 for people outsite targets killed, registration and detection. I give up. I think the game "reads" my bugged save and no matter what, I can't achieve SA even if I do Sapienza perfectly.

Is there a way to delete all my saves?
Have you completed a Suit Only run already? You can't unlock SA and SA/SO challenge in the same run.

brau

Did anyone pick the CE for this? I have the game on PC, but the CE looks super sexy. Considering picking it up for PS4. Anyone have any input about it?

Ludens

Banned
So I just streamed the whole thing on Steam (and Ozium was my "witness"), this is the result I got in Sapienza:

hlGqEpk.jpg

But I killed ONLY the two targets, I shooted the camera from a safe distance before it could record 47, I only loaded my game once because, as soon as I killed the dude and by leaving the room, I fucked up the angle ending in a punch to a guard instead of a takedown.
So I reloaded, ended the mission by killing Francesca and destroyed the virus, this is the result.

I managed to get SA rank and SO by doing this exact same route just after dinner when the game, pushed by mercy, let me win, I guess, but the game is bugged like hell.

Another example? The female scientist two times didn't drop the dongle with her ID card.
And I was streaming this too, and of course I activated the opportunity.

Have you completed a Suit Only run already? You can't unlock SA and SA/SO challenge in the same run.

I managed to FINALLY do this today, and yes, you CAN get both SA and SO in the same run.

Proof (basically my same route):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDew02S-ny4

Ozium

So I just streamed the whole thing on Steam (and Ozium was my "witness"), this is the result I got in Sapienza:

But I killed ONLY the two targets, I shooted the camera from a safe distance before it could record 47, I only loaded my game once because, as soon as I killed the dude and by leaving the room, I fucked up the angle ending in a punch to a guard instead of a takedown.
So I reloaded, ended the mission by killing Francesca and destroyed the virus, this is the result.

I managed to get SA rank and SO by doing this exact same route just after dinner when the game, pushed by mercy, let me win, I guess, but the game is bugged like hell.

Another example? The female scientist two times didn't drop the dongle with her ID card.
And I was streaming this too, and of course I activated the opportunity.

he was never spotted by anyone but it still gives 0 points

Ludens

Banned
Do you have notifications turned on?

It's all by default, so I guess so.
Only once I managed to get what I should get, aka 20000 in each section plus 35000 as bonus time, but the game in some ways I can't understand doesn't let me achieve my real score, because I think saves are creating problems.

Only once, and at this point I presume is pure luck to having by-passed the bug, I actually managed to get 160000 or something like that and achieving five emblems and SA plus SO challenges. But everytime I repeat the mission, my stats are borked.

Apparently I'm the only one having this issue on the whole Internet, but there are people with issues very similar to it.

If you want I can add you on Steam right now and streaming the whole thing all over again.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
And also 0 in innocent killed and camera recorded sections while I killed only the targets, never getting recorded because I shoot the camera from a safe distance.

I went almost insane in the Paris level. I never got spotted or anything, yet the game claimed I was at the end. Of course there is no way to check during gameplay whether you've been spotted so I restarted again and again. Never made it. I eventually gave up.
I managed to get SA/SO in Sapienza today, I imagine it was only luck.

Moff

Did anyone pick the CE for this? I have the game on PC, but the CE looks super sexy. Considering picking it up for PS4. Anyone have any input about it?

I bought digitally but I thought about buying the CE stuff on ebay or wherever, because I love the game already. so I am interested in the quality as well

Ludens

Banned
I went almost insane in the Paris level. I never got spotted or anything, yet the game claimed I was at the end. Of course there is no way to check during gameplay whether you've been spotted so I restarted again and again. Never made it. I eventually gave up.
I managed to get SA/SO in Sapienza today, I imagine it was only luck.
Eh, but the game for me claims I also killed innocents and got recorded, while none of this ever happened.

A bit different, but still

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236870/discussions/0/364040797993332241/

hunchback

Do you understand the disguise system? How are you getting caught? If you are feeling stuck. Track an opportunity. It is great to train new players how the systems can work in the game.

Yes I understand the disguise system. From watching YouTube videos I think I'm playing too slow. By that I mean letting guards get into a set position instead of getting past them earlier. I need to work on tossing the coins better and sprinting instead of creeping.

That's the best way I can explain it. I'll keep practicing and hopefully I can get the rytham of the game.

And also 0 in innocent killed and camera recorded sections while I killed only the targets, never getting recorded because I shoot the camera from a safe distance.

innocents killed and camera records is a penalty not a bonus, so you'll never get better than zero on those.

As others have said some of the guards are bugged and can see from miles away, it seems Z axis doesn't affect some of them. For the max stealth no disguises challenge, you should eliminate the targets with the level 20 sniper, save, then eliminate the virus.

Ludens

Banned
innocents killed and camera records is a penalty not a bonus, so you'll never get better than zero on those.

As others have said some of the guards are bugged and can see from miles away, it seems Z axis doesn't affect some of them. For the max stealth no disguises challenge, you should eliminate the targets with the level 20 sniper, save, then eliminate the virus.

I checked and yeah, you are right regarding non-target kills penality (yesterday I tried so many times on trying to pass the bug I forgot the zero in that section is normal, and there are minus while you kill innocents). But you can get 20000 in each other section, like I did the only time I managed to get SA/SO scoring around 156000. There's something wrong regarding those stats. I also experimented the "people can see you within walls", but usually when this happens you have a notification (like, you kill the target and your status turns into Wanted), or anyway the hud reflects what happened. In my case I have zero notification and every run turned to be bugged somehow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cahz7lplCQ0

The "good" thing about this bug is, it should only ruins Sa and SO runs, so other challenges should be doable with no problem. The bad thing is the bug screw basically the purpose of the game, I hope IO will fix it because there are not so many reports about.

I assume if you have the better sniper rifle unlocked, you can just start in the ruins, shoot them both, then immediately leave before "Body Found" counts against your score.

Moff

I assume if you have the better sniper rifle unlocked, you can just start in the ruins, shoot them both, then immediately leave before "Body Found" counts against your score.

that's what I did, maybe I am just not fast enough
you still need to get the rifle in the ruins

Ludens

Banned
I just did all opportunities for Paris and I didn't get the achievement. I had the same bug in Paris, and the achievement only unlocked when I shooted Viktor on the stage, my last challenge (excluding vampire ones).

there's a new escalation?

still no word on elusives? I'm getting apoplectic

Latest patch was also meant to prep for elusive targets. Hopefully we will hear something soon. I think they are trying to finally get their servers in order before releasing them. You wouldn't want one chance to take out a target, then BAM....disconnected.

BibiMaghoo

I bought digitally but I thought about buying the CE stuff on ebay or wherever, because I love the game already. so I am interested in the quality as well

The artbook is very barebones. It is of nice quality but has very little content only covering the three missions we know about with environment shots, and a couple of pages of costumes. I would not recommend it's purchase.

The tie is a reasonably good quality red tie, it is wearable, but just a normal red tie. The clip seems good but I've not used it.

The statue? Was worth the money. It is fairly large. There is some minor white paint bleeding from the edge where the shirt meets the jacket, but could be easily fixed with some black paint if I could be bothered. The base has a nice wooden laminate finish, but is plastic and doesn't have much weight. All the weight is in the model itself. Minor gripe that there is no tread on the shoe resting on his ankle, but it looks good in the corner of my desk. If you can pick it up for a reasonable price, it gets my vote.

Top Bottom