• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

BlackJace

Got an unnoticed garrote kill on the Elusive Target, but they found his body during my escape. Sorta expected, I panicked because I couldn't see a route that I could successfully drag his body to in order to hide it, so I just dropped him and ran as soon as I garroted him LOL.
Pretty slick though, only took me 7 minutes to find him and take him out.

Really like this concept, I hope they release ETs frequently.

ZeroX03

Banned
To be honest I'm a little against there being an option to even replay/replan the mission. Would be nice if it were a little more restrictive, but I get why it's there. Just seems like you can continuously play and test set ups to get the target alone and from there it's easy.

I've bitched plenty about the bugs in the game. Especially with challenges.

Today I will praise them. As I said earlier, I blew the elusive target badly and I died. It went to the failed mission screen and instead of hitting X (or whatever it is) to advance, I went to PS home screen and shut down the Hitman application. Just had to try it, I had nothing to lose. Started the game back up and there she was, in all of her glory. The Elusive Contract was still there! Thank fuck! So I went ahead and got that Silent Assassin. Whew....this would have haunted my bones. Thank you, bugs!

Not a true assassin.

You only get one chance at completing elusive targets. You cheated to get two.

l9Im1FV.jpg

Give 0 fucks. This game has cheated me quite a few times. We're almost even.

Lima

How have they still not fixed this accidental killing when trying to subdue someone? Having to reload the save each time is kind of annoying.

So I've sort of figured out this little challenge bug that plagues me. It seems like I'm always one challenge behind. For instance: if I complete a challenge on one run, it won't pop for me. But the next time I play, if I complete another challenge it won't pop but the challenge or challenges I got on the previous play through will. Problem is, I'm now out of obtainable challenges. Only thing I have left on all 3 maps are the 5 elusive challenges.

Jintor

Really like this concept, I hope they release ETs frequently.

Yah, I wouldn't mind a succession of ETs real quicklike to offset the only one shot thing. Or to up the difficulty a bit more. I'm pretty sure this was just an easy teaser, it wasn't nearly as complex as a regular target would be.

Almost got SA on the Elusive on PS4, but his bodyguard actually followed him into the bathroom when he was puking and interrupted my hiding his body. :(
Got the SA on PC though since I was prepared.

And yeah I hope they release these weekly or bi-weekly, because I want those alternate suits ASAP.
lmao

Foffy

Banned
That wouldn't make it very Elusive.

True, but I do hope they either rotate these are make them unlocks in the final release.

They put quite a lot of effort in this one target alone, for he has rather strong lore implications for the location, which his own dialog and even hints at a future location and target.
New York has now been named by more than one person in the Paris mission. Might this be the US location?

Glad you can restart the targets. Game crashed on me. Grabbed it the second time. Quick also because I now knew everything already. Done in 3 minutes, silent assassin.

Glitches, online issues, and real life interfering are all valid reasons to restart.

But on top of these things there is no time passage component in the game. In real life, a hitman would likely spend several days studying their target, "restarting" each day until they are fully prepared and ready to execute the hit. So restarts to me are just extended surveillance -- you haven't actually killed the guy yet -- and are able to change your plan accordingly until you are ready to pull the trigger. It's the smart thing to do. It's what a real hitman would do.

I do however think it's lame you can restart if 47 is about to be killed. There is no real world equivalent to "I'm about to die so just I'll just restart". They should change it so the restart option is unavailable while being hunted / compromised.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Watching the GB stream, you telling me they made a whole fashion show party building and the only time youll ever see it is this weekend? Gees that almost makes me not want to buy it now. Games as service shit gone too far! They better release it in some complete pack later.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Watching the GB stream, you telling me they made a whole fashion show party building and the only time youll ever see it is this weekend? Gees that almost makes me not want to buy it now. Games as service shit gone too far! They better release it in some complete pack later.

huh? the Paris fashion show is the first level. The elusive target is this weekend only.

~Kinggi~

Banned
huh? the Paris fashion show is the first level. The elusive target is this weekend only.

Oh ok. I havent played it yet, only watched some streams. I thought they created this whole mission for 48 hrs only. So they are just re-using the environment and creating a new target then? Makes more sense.

Oh ok. I havent played it yet, only watched some streams. I thought they created this whole mission for 48 hrs only. So they are just re-using the environment and creating a new target then? Makes more sense.

Yeah its just using the first location, but the actual target isn't just a random NPC he's actually specifically made for this hit and has unique areas that he uses on the mission that were unused before.

BibiMaghoo

How have they still not fixed this accidental killing when trying to subdue someone? Having to reload the save each time is kind of annoying.

It can be reproduced almost every time as well, by starting as a security guy on the balcony in Sapienza and dragging the guy by the wall over it to subdue. I did this half a dozen times yesterday and he died every time. It wasn't even the stairs killing him, he just died every time. In a game that penalises you heavily for non target kills, this is not ideal.\

Ozium

went to do Elusive target, and was walking around and a guard walked into ME (I was disguised as auction staff) and starts a chain of "who are you" even though he never had a dot on his head, then 3 other guards come over and I hear "hey you, come back here" even though I never left then they were all aggro and shot me so I wasn't able to do the elusive

fuck this game

BibiMaghoo

went to do Elusive target, and was walking around and a guard walked into ME (I was disguised as auction staff) and starts a chain of "who are you" even though he never had a dot on his head, then 3 other guards come over and I hear "hey you, come back here" even though I never left then they were all aggro and shot me so I wasn't able to do the elusive

fuck this game

Next time when spotted, hit options and restart contract. It works.

Bebpo

Banned
It can be reproduced almost every time as well, by starting as a security guy on the balcony in Sapienza and dragging the guy by the wall over it to subdue. I did this half a dozen times yesterday and he died every time. It wasn't even the stairs killing him, he just died every time. In a game that penalises you heavily for non target kills, this is not ideal.

Yeah, I've had to restart escalations because of this. Usually when I want to knock out a target first then come back for the kill with the right weapon/outfit later. Pretty annoying.

BlackJace

Anyone think 47 should be able to talk his way out of some interrogations with NPCs? Like, wandering around the level would get you hints about the environment similar to opportunities you pick up on.

When interrogated by someone, if you have enough information, you can worm your way out of things.

Or maybe it can be a chance thing, like trying to talk your way out of something would have a 20 or 30 percent chance of working. Failing the conversation would trigger high suspicion
and panicked pacification of the interrogator

Just finished the final stage of the Kotti Paradigm escalation in Paris. That was so tense.

3 targets - all had to be eliminated using the Battle-Axe while wearing 47's signature suit. Complications included no pacifications, no agility (so no climbing, vaulting, shimmying, sliding down poles etc), and security guards see through most disguises.

The final target required a lot of thought to get right. Best escalation so far. Having only 3 stages instead of 5 really added to it too.

The final target required a lot of thought to get right. Best escalation so far. Having only 3 stages instead of 5 really added to it too.

Serious mindbender, right here. I know getting the axe to the top floor will be almost impossible if I can't climb, so I'm trying to follow the advice on the last page about
sabotaging the auction
... But this feels almost impossible as well when
you can't climb over objects in the attic and can't get any relevant disguises!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the final stage of the Kotti Paradigm escalation in Paris. That was so tense.

3 targets - all had to be eliminated using the Battle-Axe while wearing 47's signature suit. Complications included no pacifications, no agility (so no climbing, vaulting, shimmying, sliding down poles etc), and security guards see through most disguises.

I forgot they added more stuff to Paris after Sapienza came out. I should go back it sounds good.

Lima

I looked around for him after starting on the first floor undercover as AV crew. I honestly must have looked for him a solid 20 minutes and then kinda just bumped into him and his bodyguard. Not being able to know where the target is makes it kinda awesome. Should be pretty hard in Sapienza though considering how much bigger the place is compared to Paris.

Serious mindbender, right here. I know getting the axe to the top floor will be almost impossible if I can't climb, so I'm trying to follow the advice on the last page about
sabotaging the auction
... But this feels almost impossible as well when
you can't climb over objects in the attic and can't get any relevant disguises!

One of the targets provides a costume that will allow you to just walk up there unhindered. Once you're on the top floor it's a bit more tricky since all the guards are suspicious of you so you have to be both quick and sneaky, but it isn't too challenging.

vpance

I was pretty sure where the target would be at one point since the briefing explained very clearly what his occupation was. Still, messed up SA though because I was impatient and went exploring too much.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not able to even do the second mission of that escalation. Seriously, how do you do it?

I'm not able to even do the second mission of that escalation. Seriously, how do you do it?

For level 2
I was going out of the museum/cafe door and down into the basement, then you can go up the stairs to the second floor where the AV dude is checking equipment. Then it's just a case of avoiding patrols.

For level 3 you'll need
the Sheik's disguise to get you up to the third floor to take out the auction, then the third target will come to you.

First head straight to the lady to start her script that will lead to her to the bathroom. Whilst she's chatting, go under the balcony that the sheikh hangs out on (you'll need the lockpick). When he's on there, attract his attention with a coin or some object thrown directly beneath the balcony and he'll come straight down to you. Whilst he's making his way down you can grab the axe in the cafe room and go murder the first target in the bathroom, then get the sheikh as he passes by.

(Kotti Paradigm Level 3)

One of the targets provides a costume that will allow you to just walk up there unhindered. Once you're on the top floor it's a bit more tricky since all the guards are suspicious of you so you have to be both quick and sneaky, but it isn't too challenging.

Oh, I can get into the attic fine by
grabbing the invitation the first target drops. And the attic is exactly the same when you're wearing your suit. I'm just used to hiding from view by vaunting over objects - I guess I should use more coins.

(Kotti Paradigm Level 2)

First head straight to the lady to start her script that will lead to her to the bathroom. Whilst she's chatting, go under the balcony that the sheikh hangs out on (you'll need the lockpick). When he's on there, attract his attention with a coin or some object thrown directly beneath the balcony and he'll come straight down to you. Whilst he's making his way down you can grab the axe in the cafe room and go murder the first target in the bathroom, then get the sheikh as he passes by.

Interesting. I actually saw another potential shortcut once:
the sheikh was walking across the mezzanine above the fashion show by himself for some reason
. I'm trying to catch him in there consistently.

Oh, I can get into the attic fine by
grabbing the invitation the first target drops. And the attic is exactly the same when you're wearing your suit. I'm just used to hiding from view by vaunting over objects - I guess I should use more coins.

Doesn't using the invite mean you have to get in the attic by the wrong side for the dongle? The guards always pounced on me if I tried going to the other side of the top floor. The sheikh outfit lets you head up the other set of stairs to the attic door that's right by it which saves you a bit of time and having to do any clambering.
Interesting. I actually saw another potential shortcut once:
the sheikh was walking across the mezzanine above the fashion show by himself for some reason
. I'm trying to catch him in there consistently.

I don't know if it's quicker, but having him come to you pretty much eliminates all risk and makes it ridiculously easy. As far as I'm aware nobody even comes to check out the cafe room so you can just leave his body there whilst working to get the lady on the top floor.

For level 2
I was going out of the museum/cafe door and down into the basement, then you can go up the stairs to the second floor where the AV dude is checking equipment. Then it's just a case of avoiding patrols.

For level 3 you'll need
the Sheik's disguise to get you up to the third floor to take out the auction, then the third target will come to you.

Pretty much how I did it.

For level 3
I used the Sheik's disguise to sabotage the auction via the laptop dongle.

Then I went back to the Sheik's bathroom where I had changed clothes with his dead body. Grabbed the axe there and sneaked back to the stairs where the AV dude is checking equipment. Left the exit on the first (or ground for Euros) floor, turned right, then right again and approached the doorway near the model who is taking selfies.

She got suspicious just as I turned left into the large room leading to the exit to the big garden (where heli is). I ran through there (with axe in hand) and just avoided completely alerting the guards.

Once in the garden I hugged the walls and made it to the pier where the speedboat is docked.

Target 3 was off to the left of the pier standing looking out at the river with the sympathetic guard. Threw the axe at her and ran for the Forger's boat to exit the level.

Not sure how I would have done it without sabotaging the auction. Getting the axe up to that room seems impossible without causing some major distractions for the guards guarding the stairs.

Lima

Killing everyone in Sapienza was a lot more work than I had anticipated and required a lot of weapon refills cause I kept running out of ammo. Impressive total death count though and no witnesses left. Like a real hitman.

ZeroX03

Banned
Killing everyone in Sapienza was a lot more work than I had anticipated and required a lot of weapon refills cause I kept running out of ammo. Impressive total death count though and no witnesses left. Like a real hitman.

You've mistaken hitman for serial killer.

Well, I did it. But I don't think I'm done with it yet.

Doesn't using the invite mean you have to get in the attic by the wrong side for the dongle? The guards always pounced on me if I tried going to the other side of the top floor. The sheikh outfit lets you head up the other set of stairs to the attic door that's right by it which saves you a bit of time and having to do any clambering.

That's exactly right - I forgot that works! Appreciate the tip.

I don't know if it's quicker, but having him come to you pretty much eliminates all risk and makes it ridiculously easy. As far as I'm aware nobody even comes to check out the cafe room so you can just leave his body there whilst working to get the lady on the top floor.

Right, I just find it way too complicated to
leave the battle axe and suit on the ground floor. I much prefer leaving those on the second floor and intercepting in the stairwell going down. This creates the complication that the AV guy can see you - this run ended badly since I had to duck out of the way, losing time and leading to a messy kill in the ground floor hallway.

If nothing else The Kotti Paradigm escalation really made me wish they'd kept the crate smuggling feature from previous games.

When you take away the ability to climb drainpipes without repercussion (which was an auto-hostile act in Blood Money IIRC) you're unable to get to the third floor with a firearm.

Right, I just find it way too complicated to
leave the battle axe and suit on the ground floor. I much prefer leaving those on the second floor and intercepting in the stairwell going down. This creates the complication that the AV guy can see you - this run ended badly since I had to duck out of the way, losing time and leading to a messy kill in the ground floor hallway.

Once the dongle is in place it still gives you plenty of time to get back down to the suit and axe and make your way to the stairwell via the basement, and you'll still have to wait for the target to reach you. The only points were there should be any risk during the entire operation are going into the attic to get the dongle, getting the dongle to the laptop, and getting past the chefs when heading for the stairwell.

Jintor

i'm hoping for fortnightly or even weekly ETs.

I wonder if they'll have more complex ones that change up the map? Like a night mission paris with different scheduling or something.

Glitches, online issues, and real life interfering are all valid reasons to restart.

But on top of these things there is no time passage component in the game. In real life, a hitman would likely spend several days studying their target, "restarting" each day until they are fully prepared and ready to execute the hit. So restarts to me are just extended surveillance -- you haven't actually killed the guy yet -- and are able to change your plan accordingly until you are ready to pull the trigger. It's the smart thing to do. It's what a real hitman would do.

I do however think it's lame you can restart if 47 is about to be killed. There is no real world equivalent to "I'm about to die so just I'll just restart". They should change it so the restart option is unavailable while being hunted / compromised.

I agree. Though I think a bunch of people would be aggravated even more if that was the case. If anything maybe there should just be more of a reward for those players who were able to do it all in one go flawlessly.

Moff

i'm hoping for fortnightly or even weekly ETs.

I wonder if they'll have more complex ones that change up the map? Like a night mission paris with different scheduling or something.

that seems like too big an effort for something that is limited to 48 hours, of course I'd still appreciate it
elusives are the highlight of the episodic release after all

Lima

Why is the new sniper rifle unlock not silenced. We get a sniper with zoom but no silencer ugh. The Jaeger from Paris with the silencer is horrible without zoom.

PS. I just got an e-mail from Square Enix with a survey. Mostly based around your opinion on Elusives but can't hurt to add whatever complaints you have about anything else.

Top Bottom