• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Can someone tell me where the key for the
Tank by the school is
please?

On a table in one of the upstairs classrooms.

Really wish there was more rat poison around for this level. All ive found was 1 nonlethal one, and 1 lethal one... which is pretty useless, unless there is a target that drinks/eats?

I've found 3 rat poisons by now. They're pretty well hidden out of the way.

Oof. The disguises that work really kinda suck. In the embassy, the security guard disguise is so transparent as to be almost completely worthless. In the school, there's enough Elite Guards that can see through the elite guard set that your movement still feels really restricted... and I have no idea what the point of a bunch of the other ones are besides some one-off zones, like the shopkeep and the maintenance disguise.

I think we're at the point where the disguises require planning as well. In the consulate, you should switch between security, janitor, or intern depending on what you actually need to do and which rooms you need to access. The intern disguise in turn requires you to plan ahead in order to get it easily.

In the school, though, you are supposed to use
the holes in the walls and floors, and the windows,
to get around safely. You actually have surprising freedom once you figure out all the shortcuts.

Moff

Can someone tell me where the key for the
Tank by the school is
please?

The proper key is in the parking garage, while the activation code is in the tunnel.

the key to the school escape truck is in a room on the second floor of the school
the code for the turret, which is on a different truck, is in the tunnel
I don't know what key is in the garage. is there an escape vehicle in the embassy as well?

Moff

In the school, though, you are supposed to use
the holes in the walls and floors, and the windows,
to get around safely. You actually have surprising freedom once you figure out all the shortcuts.

I actually think it's vers easy to move around in the school with the elite soldier outfit, much easiert than the sapienza villa.

but you can also get an officer outfit pretty easily and that's even better.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I actually think it's vers easy to move around in the school with the elite soldier outfit, much easiert than the sapienza villa.

but you can also get an officer outfit pretty easily and that's even better.

dismissing soldiers
is pretty funny when you're an officer.

Jeffrey

What are the keys for the civ car and tank truck used for? I haven't found the corrosponding vehicles that you can interact with.

Ludens

Banned
the key to the school escape truck is in a room on the second floor of the school
the code for the turret, which is on a different truck, is in the tunnel
I don't know what key is in the garage. is there an escape vehicle in the embassy as well?

I found the key of the APC in the parking garage, and I escaped with it. Is there a truck you can use too?
Also I don't like those challenges at all, I did all opportunities and a good bunch of challenges, but I need to grind six levels because I only reached level 14, this didn't happen in other episode, level 20 came by playing the game naturally.

Deadstar

Really wish there was more rat poison around for this level. All ive found was 1 nonlethal one, and 1 lethal one... which is pretty useless, unless there is a target that drinks/eats?

One of the
poster guys
will eat while walking around the city.

MUnited83

For you.
I love how's there like 12 or more remote explosives around the level, i need to round them up sometime and go a crazy ass chain explosion :D

For some reason I'm struggling with this one.

Cleanly got the propaganda poster army-guy disguise so I can
get in to the school
no problem. Found the
red beret
guy on the ground floor but can't seem to cleanly engineer away to get him on his own. That said, if I'm patient,
there is an opportunity for the main target in the interrogation room on the ground floor. Maybe a rubber duck opportunity?

Likewise I can easily get into
the embassy
, but haven't worked out how to get a soldier uniform cleanly. Seen some opportunities but nothing really pans out without going a little noisy - bloody crowd. One thing I have discovered having cleanly gotten an elite soldier outfit -
elite soldiers can't go inside the embassy

So far
sniping the embassy
seems to be the best option. Can't find a great location to
snipe the school
though. I have found the headteacher though,
didn't do me any good though

Likewise, I found the way up to the roof from the lantern shop. Staying up their is another matter.
Not tried as an elite soldier though

This level seems to be about distractions and split second timings.

Jeffrey

One of the will eat while walking around the city.
hmmm i just choked him out when he went into a small space with a garbage can.

Anyone else find the coin system buggy in this stage? Took me like 10min of trial and error to get the guard at the hookah 'member's only' joint to step aside.

Ludens

Banned
There's an
armory room in the school with every type of gun

Eh, I found an easier way, just selected an Ica drop point in the garage and put a shotgun here. Still, I need to figure out how to kill the soldier with a shotgun and hide is body, since the garage is literally filled with guards.

So how is it? Good level?

I don't like it honestly. It's not bad, but it's very uninspired. If in other chapters (well, mostly in Paris) you wasted a lot of time waiting for your target to be in a specific spot, here you waste a lot of time to infiltrate the school or the palace. I also think the challenges with exp given is very badly planned, I played the episode a good amount of times, clearing all opportunities, doing a lot of challenges, but still I'm only level 16 with 4 levels missing, this never happened with Paris and Sapienza, I just played and the 20 mark came by itself. It's the worse of the three episodes released, IO really need to change the formula, because the "two targets in a big area" thing it's annoying now after three episodes.
Other Hitman titles had much more variety than this, there were also missions in which you had no target and you needed just to retrieve something/follow someone/reach a location.

Also I hope IO won't end this game with a "continue in Season 2", because really, it would be a rip-off,

Eh, I found an easier way, just selected an Ica drop point in the garage and put a shotgun here. Still, I need to figure out how to kill the soldier with a shotgun and hide is body, since the garage is literally filled with guards.

There are like 3 shotguns easily accessible in the garage already, as well as in the locker room near the first target.

I've only done level 3 of the escalation thus far, but I do it by
subduing him, dragging him next to the hiding spot, unloading a shotgun blast into him, hiding his body quickly, and then rush past everyone as they come running to check out the gunshot.

Also I hope IO won't end this game with a "continue in Season 2", because really, it would be a rip-off,

Would it? I hope that's exactly what they do. More episodic levels like this. It's perfect. Unless you mean you hope the story doesn't end on a cliffhanger. I can't say the story stuff has grabbed me at all. I hope it doesn't become a big part of the game. I like just random one off levels. Keep the dumb story stuff to a minimum, please.

hmmm i just choked him out when he went into a small space with a garbage can.

Anyone else find the coin system buggy in this stage?

I threw a coin into the lantern ICA drop off location and followed him in. A quick subdue while he picked it up and bundled him into the waiting box.

Personally I 'm finding it the best of the levels so far. The previous 2 it was pretty straight forward walking up to and offing the targets. This one seems to need a bit more thought and planning on how to get in and out. The NPC's seem to be well placed to prevent the easier subdue's for disguises, and I think I've only found 1 disguise laying around so far - and I don't think it was a particularly useful one at that.

For some reason I'm struggling with this one.

Cleanly got the propaganda poster army-guy disguise so I can
get in to the school
no problem. Found the
red beret
guy on the ground floor but can't seem to cleanly engineer away to get him on his own. That said, if I'm patient,
there is an opportunity for the main target in the interrogation room on the ground floor. Maybe a rubber duck opportunity?
You mean to get the
officer uniform
right? Just go to his room, wait until the other soldier is walking to the window and facing that way, then grab the guy, dump him in the crate behind you and take his uniform. Can easily be done there without the other noticing.

Bebpo

Banned
I don't like it honestly. It's not bad, but it's very uninspired. If in other chapters (well, mostly in Paris) you wasted a lot of time waiting for your target to be in a specific spot, here you waste a lot of time to infiltrate the school or the palace. I also think the challenges with exp given is very badly planned, I played the episode a good amount of times, clearing all opportunities, doing a lot of challenges, but still I'm only level 16 with 4 levels missing, this never happened with Paris and Sapienza, I just played and the 20 mark came by itself. It's the worse of the three episodes released, IO really need to change the formula, because the "two targets in a big area" thing it's annoying now after three episodes.
Other Hitman titles had much more variety than this, there were also missions in which you had no target and you needed just to retrieve something/follow someone/reach a location.

No target means no 20+ unique ways to kill a person. Just feels like a no target level would lack replayability which doesn't work for the episodic nature of the new Hitman experience.

And the XP scaling? Idk, I never try to rush the xp. I'm going to be playing these destinations for 10-20 hours, I don't want to hit level 20 until pretty far in, after dozens of playthroughs. I like the slow leveling and getting new starting points and trying each of those out. Also Escalations give a lot of xp and right now there's only one.

Moff

I found the key of the APC in the parking garage, and I escaped with it. Is there a truck you can use too?
Also I don't like those challenges at all, I did all opportunities and a good bunch of challenges, but I need to grind six levels because I only reached level 14, this didn't happen in other episode, level 20 came by playing the game naturally.

yep I agree, but I think that's a good thing. reaching level 20 mastery was way too easy before.
I notice that they generally tried to make the level harder, there are far fewer boxes to hide bodies as well. it's a good thing I think. as I said several times before, I think they should hide the opportunities as well until you finished the level once.

and yes, you find a key in the second floor of the school to escape with the truck next to the turret apc.

I think it's a very good level that does many things differently than the 2 others, it feels and plays much different, it's a setting in a completely different country. that's all good, but that being said, Sapienza (episode 2) is probably the best hitman level ever so it's not like episode 3 is bad simply because it's not as good as episode 2.

hitman 2016 has huge levels that can all be considered peak hitman so far.

Would it? I hope that's exactly what they do. More episodic levels like this. It's perfect.

I've been pretty vocal about my dislike for the episodic format. The core content is pretty shallow. The game didn't get enjoyable for me until after Sapienza hit and some more escalation missions become available in Paris, suddenly there was enough variety in the little that was there to keep me interested and bouncing between missions.

I still feel they should have waited to release the game as a whole and then done the monthly escalations and exclusive contracts.

I'm expecting season 2 to be more money, at which point I'm afraid I'll be bowing out of this franchise. Season 1's been enjoyable, but the release model and lack of core content isn't gonna keep me around for more.

Unless you mean you hope the story doesn't end on a cliffhanger. I can't say the story stuff has grabbed me at all. I hope it doesn't become a big part of the game. I like just random one off levels. Keep the dumb story stuff to a minimum, please.

I think this is part of my complaint. I actually liked Absolution. I want more story. Only having the 2 targets each level is a little disappointing. I suppose destroying the virus in Sapienza was a good nod towards what I'd like to have seen. 2-3 related missions in a level with the effects of one knocking on to the events of the next. And the targets staying dead after the mission is complete (unless you choose to go back and replay the mission). It's a little jarring when playing an escalation you bump into someone alive and well who you've terminated in a previous mission.

---

All that said - Escalations and Exclusives in the the previous levels, and the general feel, more strategic/stealthy nature, of Marrakesh - is changing my mind a little. If they'd given the 6 episodes upfront I'd have had nothing to complain about once the Escalations started being released. I like the variety of jumping around and trying different things as the mood takes me, rather than seemingly redoing the same targets multiple times with slight variations because that's all there was (originally) available to do.

You mean to get the
officer uniform
right? Just go to his room, wait until the other soldier is walking to the window and facing that way, then grab the guy, dump him in the crate behind you and take his uniform. Can easily be done there without the other noticing.

I didn't try it while he was facing the window - doh! (
of course the officer is drinking the water/vodka I couldn't poison without being spotted.
) Everything I've tried with that damn guard has been noticed by the officer and all hell fire's been rained down upon me.

Yeah, Marrakesh is primarily a harder level. Throwing coins is more awkward, you don't stumble onto opportunities around every corner, guard patrols do not sync up cleanly, and you're almost never alone in a room with one person and a body box. And there's no more chandeliers in every room.

In return, you can actually move around the level pretty freely. That's part of the reason why it feels so small, and easy to infiltrate.

Bebpo

Banned
I think it's a very good level that does many things differently than the 2 others, it feels and plays much different, it's a setting in a completely different country. that's all good, but that being said, Sapienza (episode 2) is probably the best hitman level ever so it's not like episode 3 is bad simply because it's not as good as episode 2.

hitman 2016 has huge levels that can all be considered peak hitman so far.

Sapienza would be my favorite Hitman level if there were more missions that did more with it and the town hall building was not totally empty. There's so much potential in that level for interesting missions with the church and town hall, the storefronts, the little town walkway that still need to be used by skilled mission creators.

So General Zordon or whatever makes some comments about waiting for some food to be delivered, but I've never seen it happen. Is it possible to get some poisoned food delivered or is it just another weird loose end in this level?

Oh and nice that non-preorders can finally have a remote ducky! :)

So General Zordon or whatever makes some comments about waiting for some food to be delivered, but I've never seen it happen. Is it possible to get some poisoned food delivered or is it just another weird loose end in this level?

I assume you have to do it yourself. Still need to try that.

Would it? I hope that's exactly what they do. More episodic levels like this. It's perfect. Unless you mean you hope the story doesn't end on a cliffhanger. I can't say the story stuff has grabbed me at all. I hope it doesn't become a big part of the game. I like just random one off levels. Keep the dumb story stuff to a minimum, please.

Same here, I want a season 2 within the same game. The thought of bringing an absolution style narative into this series makes me wanna puke honestly....they've got Hitman right for the first time in a decade, lets not fuck it up again.

The guy who says he would like another Absolution like story....I feel like if that's what you want then you don't really want a hitman game. I like how the story is now, completely unnecessary and secondary to the gameplay.

Foffy

Banned

Get mad now, homie. They have confirmed this game ends on a cliffhanger, and the idea of multiple seasons has been a publicly-acknowledged goal.

According to the lead writer, Season One is about introducing characters/organizations, and something happens at the end of the game where future missions will begin to have an overarching plotline. Right now they seem like disconnected locations with small connections, but this is by design to bring players into the "world". Season Two is supposed to be where every mission directly follows a core storyline, which my guess is
to deal with Providence.

I'm looking forward to season 2 in terms of gameplay enhancements more than anything.

One thing that came to me last night was that you should be able to move while blending in. Like, if you have a mop, why not be able to move around while mopping and keeping your head down.

justjim89

I love how impenetrable Hitman levels always feel on a first playthrough. The first-time exploration of a level always feels so immersive, just looking for the cracks to slip through. Played through twice, and still don't have much of an idea how to do it truly stealthily.

First run through was a no-reload, brute-force kinda run. Second run, got the targets
to meet at the school and threw the pale duck in between them for a double explosion kill. Somehow got Silent Assassin for it, even though I took out another soldier in the explosion.
I'm not complaining, though.

I will say, there are way too many suspicious parties in the embassy. It's practically impossible to navigate.

Jintor

That's the other thing - getting the parties to meet seems like it'd take just as much effort as just offing them individually

Foffy

Banned
I love how impenetrable Hitman levels always feel on a first playthrough. The first-time exploration of a level always feels so immersive, just looking for the cracks to slip through. Played through twice, and still don't have much of an idea how to do it truly stealthily.

First run through was a no-reload, brute-force kinda run. Second run, got the targets
to meet at the school and threw the pale duck in between them for a double explosion kill. Somehow got Silent Assassin for it, even though I took out another soldier in the explosion.

I will say, there are way too many suspicious parties in the embassy. It's practically impossible to navigate.

There are ways to make navigation easier, but that's about one disguise you can get before entering the embassy.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

Oh and nice that non-preorders can finally have a remote ducky! :)

There's a waiter asleep near the market. Wake him up and follow him.

Metal-Geo

I was kind of hoping I'd be able to walk around the consulate with 47's suit, much like the auction section of Paris. Alas. However, there is a disguise:
get the camera guy disguise and you practically walk freely around the consulate. So far I noticed only one security guard seeing through it.

The story is actually kind of intriguing me. And their execution of it is perfect. It's not interruptive. It's there if you're interested. Hopefully they keep the same formula for Season 2, and don't go down Absolution's path again of linear, too story driven levels.

Bebpo

Banned
I'm looking forward to season 2 in terms of gameplay enhancements more than anything.

One thing that came to me last night was that you should be able to move while blending in. Like, if you have a mop, why not be able to move around while mopping and keeping your head down.

Absolutely, you should be able to do assassin creed style lethal injection kills while blended in a crowd and get away with it.

justjim89

Absolutely, you should be able to do assassin creed style lethal injection kills while blended in a crowd and get away with it.

Yep. Assassin's Creed is so fucking tired these days, but they did make a fair amount of advancements in social stealth. Some parts of this game have the frustratingly unrealistic Blood money and Silent Assassin style guards that will go from suspicious to open firing into a crowd of people at the drop of a hat. RPS hit on it in their review that the hookah club is way too protected, especially considering how soldiers generally have run of the town otherwise.

Moff

That's the other thing - getting the parties to meet seems like it'd take just as much effort as just offing them individually

there are two ways to make them meet
call them both and they meet in the tunnel, this is the hardest way to kill them

trigger the evacuation and the ambassador meets the general at the school, this is by far the easiest and fastest way to kill them, but it leaves bodies if you snipe them and a massacre if you do it with the turret, but both are a lot of fun

on a sidenote, marrakesh is contracts heaven, but it pains me even more now that there is STILL no way to rate the contracts or share them with friends, I made a pretty cool contract I think but what's the use without rating or social features, damn shame

Top Bottom