• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Made it to Level 16.

Holy shit is the Consulate a bitch for disguises.

Security Guard? NOPE
The Intern? HA, YOU FOOL (which I mean 47 is bald so it didn't help)
I even had trouble with the Cameraman

I'm just having a really hard time in that damn building, the school was easy as hell once I knew the patterns.

Still curious as hell how I do the Dance Till You Drop assassination.

I think it has to do with the general.

Jintor

Also

I triggered the fire alarm in my suit at the security gate in front of the embassy and every single guard in the fucking map zeroed in on my location. I hid in a box so I couldn't actually turn around to see but they must've seen me beforehand because instinct showed every single guard in my field of vision (like 20 of them) was constantly firing at the box. Except the box was behind a wall, so they were just firing at a wall. Like one guy came into the room and stood right in front of the box, but wasn't doing jack shit

so... like, can they not force you out of the box/closet, or what?

Not having crowd blending is also weird. The crowd practically doesn't exist if you piss anyone off, they'll fire straight through the crowd

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Not having crowd blending is also weird. The crowd practically doesn't exist if you piss anyone off, they'll fire straight through the crowd

No, no. It makes sense, since they were going to shoot the protesters anyway.

BTW, the story is getting more intriguing, I wonder where it's leading.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, like, straight through. I mean, like, the crowd is literally transparent to bullets.

Ohhh. I thought it was that they didn't care shooting civilians, but that's just ridiculous haha.

Fix this shit, IO.

they need to do something different for episode 4. maybe like 4 targets or something cause things are starting to wear a little thin in marrakesh. it's still solid level but sapienza and paris did this same type of thing so well that it's just kind of ehh doing it the 3rd time.

a small, interstitial level in addition to a big one would be nice. something like the jacuzzi job from silent assassin.

There's a waiter asleep near the market. Wake him up and follow him.
Thanks. Didn't realize he was sleeping - thought he was just chilling out lol.

Anyway, finished up to 20 mastery on both Pc and PS4 and yeah.. it's easily the weakest episode so far IMO.
I'm really not a fan of coin/distraction tossing gameplay and it seems like such an integral part of this one, since so many people can see through your disguises as well as a lack of alternate routes. I couldn't figure out any other way to get into Zordon's office (what's up with the office window? There's no way up or down from it), or downstairs/upstairs as the intern. The unlocks as disappointing too since I already had the white ducky.

Take your time with the next episode IO plz
And fix the goddamn Hz issue on PC already.

Can't wait to see how HitDan: Brad Money tackles this episode in the QL tomorrow.

Chances are Brad is gonna fuck up and Dan's gonna give terrible advice.

Or maybe they'll conquer all.

so... like, can they not force you out of the box/closet, or what?

I guess in theory it should never come to that, because they are supposed to have shot you to death through the box/closet. In theory.

I couldn't figure out any other way to get into Zordon's office (what's up with the office window? There's no way up or down from it), or downstairs/upstairs as the intern.

The office window is only for hiding, nothing else. I think it's fair to have one room so tightly secured that you have to spend resources to enter, though.

Actually, it seems like in both cases the fire alarm might be a primary solution. Like, nobody used those in Paris, and there was one good way to use those in Sapienza, so I guess now they're forcing your hand.

Jeffrey

Can't wait to see how HitDan: Brad Money tackles this episode in the QL tomorrow.

Chances are Brad is gonna fuck up and Dan's gonna give terrible advice.

Or maybe they'll conquer all.

It's honestly probably the easiest mission of the 3 to mainline if you go...

poster dudes -> steal soldier outfit, toilet kill -> walk in front door of embassy -> massage dude.

expect to take them 3 hours though.

The guy who says he would like another Absolution like story....I feel like if that's what you want then you don't really want a hitman game. I like how the story is now, completely unnecessary and secondary to the gameplay.

No, I really do want a Hitman game ;). We all get different things out the games we play. No, I don't want another Absolution story, but this feels like its swing too far in the other direction. Blood Money is still the pinnacle of this series. This game has too many missed opportunities.

It still comes down to two things. Episodic releases and only 2 main targets.

But, as I said before, now we are 3 episodes in and we have more than a few escalation for previous levels, I am changing my mind a bit.

I have trouble doing a challenge where
you have to make a kill with an exploding barrel
. I mean I
shot at the barrel to destroy it but nothing popped up
. help?

I have trouble doing a challenge where
you have to make a kill with an exploding barrel
. I mean I
shot at the barrel to destroy it but nothing popped up
. help?

took me a while to figure out, you have to
turn off the generator, then do the action on the barrel to make it leak gas. A janitor will come by (in like 5 mins) to investigate so obviously you have to clear everything out from the embassy to it and take care of him too, i just killed everyone in the tunnels. then, and only then, can you do the phone calls to bring them in, hang out somewhere in the room, then shoot the pool of oil on the ground to burn the people around it.

i think the issue is if your explosion kills the target it doesn't count, it has to be the fire from the barrel. you can get lucky and set it afire with an explosion but not kill them, but it would require super precision target placements.

at least that worked for me for the two challenges involving it, it takes a while

So this is the first map that is giving me any serious difficulty. Taking out the General is incredibly difficult for me. Like shit I can get the Banker out no problem without even being caught but damn the General is giving me so many problems.

Okay, Ignatiev Integrity is a seriously tricky escalation and convinces me that the boring ones in Paris and Sapienza were just meant to be part of the learning curve. Somehow I made 5th place worldwide for level 4... But level 5 throws everything out the window.

Now the question is will it be faster to
start all the way back in the school for the elite soldier disguise... or somehow pull this off silent assassin suit only?
Is the second option even possible?

Fury451

Banned
So this is the first map that is giving me any serious difficulty. Taking out the General is incredibly difficult for me. Like shit I can get the Banker out no problem without even being caught but damn the General is giving me so many problems.

I pushed him out a window in a panic. Got away with a 4 star rating still.

Don't recommend that tactic, but it worked. He's got a lot of eyes on him at all times, but o believe you can do something with the prisoner he interrogates. Haven't figured that out yet though.

Jintor

yeah i haven't figured out how to get an officer's uniform so I can't get near the prisoner, and there's no good place to stash his guard's body... and I have no idea how to get to the exit door behind him without triggering the guard.

more experimentation tonight!

Yeah, you don't want to have to
stash three bodies
for that opportunity.

I
waited forever until no one else was nearby and used a coin
. It was incredibly tense and left just enough time to get everything in place.

MUnited83

For you.
yeah i haven't figured out how to get an officer's uniform so I can't get near the prisoner, and there's no good place to stash his guard's body... and I have no idea how to get to the exit door behind him without triggering the guard.

Just a hint: you can get through that exit door suit only

Prisoner and toilet kills are the easiest ways to finish off the general; well the printing machine also but that can take a lot of time.
I did really like that killing a general cleanly is almost exclusively available through opportunites, makes sense for a man of his position.

I didn't like the embassy so much, feels far too constrained, and while it makes sense for story reasons, having another heavily guarded compound that actually has less cool oportunities and kills than the actual MILITARY compound is kinda lame.

Jintor

The sheer density of assholes who see through your disguise in the embassy is annoying, but it's not quite as tricky to move through there as I thought if you get the right disguises. Security Guard disguise ain't worth spit though.

The best thing about this episode is that they finally added some decently long NPC dialogues after killing the targets if their bodies are discovered.
That was always the weird part in the first two episodes, or at least I never noticed any meaningful lines.

Also one of dalia's spy ladies is in this mission, shame that there is nothing special about her apart from some chatter

The ikea guy was the best NPC

Prisoner and toilet kills are the easiest ways to finish off the general; well the printing machine also but that can take a lot of time.
I did really like that killing a general cleanly is almost exclusively available through opportunites, makes sense for a man of his position.

I didn't like the embassy so much, feels far too constrained, and while it makes sense for story reasons, having another heavily guarded compound that actually has less cool oportunities and kills than the actual MILITARY compound is kinda lame.

I was amazed that the
oil lamp
, despite being unique, was not a clean kill.
He sends in the guard posted right outside the door just to turn on a lamp.

And, yes, the school turned out to be a very creative location whereas the consulate is just completely rigid. It feels like about two more opportunities could have fit right in.

The best thing about this episode is that they finally added some decently long NPC dialogues after killing the targets if their bodies are discovered.
That was always the weird part in the first two episodes, or at least I never noticed any meaningful lines.

Also one of dalia's spy ladies is in this mission, shame that there is nothing special about her apart from some chatter

The ikea guy was the best NPC

Paris had each target acknowledging the other's death, which was actually pretty elaborate. It's Sapienza that turned out to be lacking in this department.

Best NPCs are still the two guys in the cafe until I discover a better pointless conversation in this level.

Jintor

Oh I dunno, the consulate has a couple of opportunities I like.

Also he takes a really funny phone call near the window.
I wonder if his daughter is a unique NPC in the crowd?

The sheer density of assholes who see through your disguise in the embassy is annoying, but it's not quite as tricky to move through there as I thought if you get the right disguises. Security Guard disguise ain't worth spit though.

I'm also having more problems with this level. I want to do it as cleanly as possible...

Probably why I'm enjoying it so much. Best so far for my way of playing. I'll probably put 5-6 hours in before I've completed the targets for the first time. Last two level I got solutions and was done in 30min-1hr.

I'm not stumbling into solutions with this one, and am getting into trouble when I try silly things - like throwing a soda can at a soldier in (what I thought at the time was) an empty side alley.

I've played around 4hrs so far and spent most of it trying different things in and around the market to cleanly get the disguises I want. Haven't seen much past the entrance of the embassy, though I've got the ground floor of the school covered now.

Oh I dunno, the consulate has a couple of opportunities I like.

Also he takes a really funny phone call near the window.
I wonder if his daughter is a unique NPC in the crowd?
Yeah I tried finding her but never saw her sign, then again my PC chugs quite a bit in that crowd so I might have missed her or the sign might not be in English.

One of the weirdest things I noticed in the last playthrough is that the chief of the banker's evacuation team is a guy
dressed like a tourist with a camera around his neck
Have no idea where he is prior to triggering the evac or if you can do anything with him.

Jintor

All signs in the crowd are written in arabic script. I hope it's the right one for Marrakech, I remember CoD once used the wrong language for the region entirely, something inedibly stupid like that.

All signs in the crowd are written in arabic script. I hope it's the right one for Marrakech, I remember CoD once used the wrong language for the region entirely, something inedibly stupid like that.
It would be hilarious if there was a tiny sign in Swedish somewhere out there, since she is presumably Swedish

Ludens

Banned
I have a new bug: nothing register when doing an escalation. I kill the targets, they don't register as killed, I steal from the safe, same. Level 3, yesterday was ok, but something broke and it won't fix even by restarting the escalation. Any suggestion?
EDIT: It fixed on my fifth attempt, dunno why. Anyway I cleared this escalation, the easiest way is:
-start as a soldier
-go in the tunnel, shooting all the cameras you see.
-turn off the generator, shoot the barrell, go in the parking garage
-clear the area from camera, there are three, one as you exit the tunnel, one as you exit the parking garage, one as you enter the storage room
-steal the bottle of wine using your lockpick when the target and the other dude are talking
-wait for the target to stop talking, than shoot the box in the wall near the corner, so he will check that
-toss a couple of coins, so he will go near the storage room door. When he is here, subdue him and bring him in the storage room. Here pick up the shotgun from the ICA box, shoot him in the face, put him in the box, now reach the exit

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I was ready to jump in but now I'm wondering if we've seen the best already and it is going downhill for the remaining episodes. Don't rush those episodes, IO.

I bet they finished Marrakesh before the first episode even released, based on the trailers.
Yep, marrakesh was always going to be less flashy than the other episodes, it is one of their military compound missions, and is still probably the best one in a hitman game.

God that submarine base mission in Hitman contracts was so bad.

The next few months are going to be interesting for IO. We've known about the first 3 episode locations since they revealed the game in the E3 trailer but there's been nothing beyond that. Not even a glimpse of the other episodes in the launch trailer. The are going to be at E3 this year so maybe we'll see something new then.

I expect we'll be waiting longer between episodes for the final 3. Hopefully not too long, but the response to Episode 3 running over into June was not pretty and that was only a few weeks. I can't imagine what it will be like if they say Episodes 4,5 & 6 will be 2 months apart.

For those interested - I was able to fix my crashing issue with the game by going into the Downloads screen on the PS4 and deleting a bunch of old notifications. I did not find this tip anywhere online, I was just fiddling with things. As soon as I did that it booted right up.

I installed half a dozen games in the last week with no issue, only this game had a problem launching with a long list of past downloads.

Anyone else still have the glitch where completed challenges don't register until you do another mission? It's not a big deal but kinda annoying.

Ludens

Banned
Anyone else still have the glitch where completed challenges don't register until you do another mission? It's not a big deal but kinda annoying.

For me some opportunities didn't register at all, and I needed to do them again from the start by starting a new game.

I don't know how much of the indifference towards this level comes from Sapienza being so good, but I would say the levels have been good, great, ok.

Marrakesh is different from the others in that it's more about sneaky infiltration, and it's very blatantly purposely designed to make it trickier to take people out without getting noticed or bodies being found. It's just more arduous all around.

In terms of variation I suppose it's a positive that Marrakesh differs, but I prefer levels that are more accommodating towards loose nonsense, than challenging in this sort of tight way. That said, I've still had some fun trying to mount an assault with soda cans. It works. For a while.

Jintor

So in the reveal trailer one of the targets is pretty clearly the Banker who finds a remote bomb in his luggage. I guess that was just for flavour since there appears to be no opportunity to do such a thing :(

/edit also it's really weird that
you can't disguise the general as the prisoner and then have him shot by his own men because that would seem perfectly in line with this video game.
Although I don't know how they would surface that in a UI sense

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
What you need to do in order to unlock the basketball challenge?

get a pool ball and throw it through the hoop

There's a bunch of soldiers out the back of the school doing target practice you can find the pool balls under the basketball hoop they're shooting at.

I feel kinda blah about this map compared to the others. I haven't really got terribly in depth with it as I haven't a whole lot of free time the past 2 nights but I feel like I have a pretty basic grasp of the layout.

With Sapienza, I was like "Ooh I can't wait to see what's up there or over there or in this room, etc. What's going on in that church? How many of these stores can I break into? Wow, check out this hippy's room!"

This map just feels so boring to me. And I'm not bored with the game itself. I could hardly wait to get home and play it.

I had a weird bug last night too.
I had gone the propaganda poster guys route several times. Got the opportunity challenge and all. I went to do it one last time to try to kill him with the printing press and as soon as I walked into the room everyone flipped the fuck out. I didn't even touch anything lol. That didn't end well. Haven't figured out yet how to kill him with the printing press either.

Top Bottom