• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Ludens

Banned
get a pool ball and throw it through the hoop

There's a bunch of soldiers out the back of the school doing target practice you can find the pool balls under the basketball hoop they're shooting at.

Thanks, I managed to 100% this episode. I'm missing a couple of challenges, but I don't care.

Really is a challenge to sneak around this level. Sapienza I felt like I could run everywhere I wanted.

That said, finished a SA/SO run last night. Took me awhile.

Actually it's pretty easy when you beat the level a couple of times and discover the shortcut on the roof of the headmaster.

Really is a challenge to sneak around this level. Sapienza I felt like I could run everywhere I wanted.

That said, finished a SA/SO run last night. Took me awhile.

Moff

so, mission mastery 20, all the achievements, very good mission
I'd say so far:
Marrakesh 8/10
Paris 9/10
Sapienza 10/10

compared to other missions in the franchise

I didn't get the last starting point, though, consulate garage I think, do you need to do 100% of the challeneges to unlock it?

Jintor

so, mission mastery 20, all the achievements, very good mission
I'd say so far:
Marrakesh 8/10
Paris 9/10
Sapienza 10/10

compared to other missions in the franchise

I didn't get the last starting point, though, consulate garage I think, do you need to do 100% of the challeneges to unlock it?

like the sapienza morgue it's tied to a specific challenge

TheKeyPit

Banned
Reloading a save ~15 times until I get to lure Viktor's bodyguard perfectly away; that's a Hitman game. Now I know how they react to coin :p

sooooo i beat merakesh the weirdest, most simple way possible.
so i start the mission and get an opportunity to get a key. cool. i go knock that dude out, take the master key, now i can get into the school. so i start wandering around and theres guards everywhere. so i eventually make my way towards the school, knock out a guard, and take his uniform.

somehow i end up underground and RIGHT under the next target, not the general. i walk upstairs, no security is around, no guards, and he is just about to walk right in front of me.

so i pop him in the head and walk out, over the school, no issue.

i get into the school, walk upstairs, see the general, and he walks down a set of stairs right in front of me. nobody else is on the stairs. so. i pop him.

mission over.

i know theres ALWAYS gonna be the "easy way out" but damn it took me like 7 mins

The next few months are going to be interesting for IO. We've known about the first 3 episode locations since they revealed the game in the E3 trailer but there's been nothing beyond that. Not even a glimpse of the other episodes in the launch trailer. The are going to be at E3 this year so maybe we'll see something new then.

I expect we'll be waiting longer between episodes for the final 3. Hopefully not too long, but the response to Episode 3 running over into June was not pretty and that was only a few weeks. I can't imagine what it will be like if they say Episodes 4,5 & 6 will be 2 months apart.

We actually see quite a lot of one more target in the launch trailer, the photographer dude, he is probably the USA target, the actor in the cult

We actually see quite a lot of one more target in the launch trailer, the photographer dude, he is probably the USA target, the actor in the cult
Yep. Looks like there's going to be a hotel in USA, since there's a big swimming pool and all. Maybe it's 47's return to Vegas.

Moff

New York is mentioned in some of the NPC dialoges in the bazaar, that's probably the next destination

I think what I find challenging is that the "who can see through my disguise" issue is much more varied and difficult this time around.

In Sapienza, there are several costumes that are easy to get, provide great coverage, and give you lots of warning when entering a dangerous zone due to closed spaces.

In Marrakesh the "main" costumes are spotty at best
(elite soldier is troublesome, intern and embassy officer are both very difficult in large parts)
so I find myself using instinct a lot more to scout ahead.There's just no implied social contract of where I'm going to be safe, except on the streets of Marrakesh. It does make for a nice flavor change to stealth-challenge, though.

The only thing I feel is really sloppy is the trap setups. There are an *enormous* amount of bikes/traps/poison locations, often located right next to each other. Paris and Sapienza smartly toned this down so only certain spots were vulnerable, which added a nice puzzle element of "which of these 2-3 spots is going to affect who?" instead of "99% of these traps are unusable and I need to watch this spot for 10 minutes to see which one might be useful."

Jintor

Best NPC dialogue in Marrakech is ikea guy, but I'm partial to woman getting out of bridesmaid duty by instigating an international incident as well. Also the Banker is like twenty levels of sleezeball. He had my favourite trailer.

New York is mentioned in some of the NPC dialoges in the bazaar, that's probably the next destination
Its also mentioned in the Marrakesh cutscene, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I'm just going off of the 'outdoor hotel w/ a swimming pool' scenery they had in the reveal trailer. Doesn't seem like NY to me. Would love to be wrong, though - don't think there's ever been a NY mission in Hitman yet.

Its also mentioned in the Marrakesh cutscene, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I'm just going off of the 'outdoor hotel w/ a swimming pool' scenery they had in the reveal trailer. Doesn't seem like NY to me. Would love to be wrong, though - don't think there's ever been a NY mission in Hitman yet.

Hoping the next location is Japan.

I really hope that the next target is a very evil and intimidating person. That's kind of what has always been missing in all the Hitman games. I have long wished for a level in which a target turns the tables on you, and there is no level like it, well apart from the last mission in Blood Money, but that one was kind of weird. Killing Caruzo in Sapienza is almost a mercy kill.

Not that it wouldn't be great to actually have morally questionable targets, but Hitman seems to have abandoned that ship long ago, if it ever even tried to do that, maybe kind of in Hitman 1.

Jeffrey

Is there any info on the next map? i remember the last 2 were previewed by game journalists a while ago.

What is the vision cone of a security camera? I feel like I get spotted a bit easier than you'd think.

I really hope that the next target is a very evil and intimidating person. That's kind of what has always been missing in any Hitman game. I long wished for a level in which a target turns the tables on you, and there is no level like it, well apart from the last mission in Blood Money, but that one was kind of weird. Killing Caruzo in Sapienza is almost a mercy kill.

I'm hoping one of the Thailand targets is the infamous pirate that the scientists were talking about in Sapienza. Apparently he's pretty evil.

USA might still be eliminating the mafia trial witness mentioned in one of the trailers. Japan... Maybe we finally need to track down one of these
"Heralds"
who are pulling the strings behind the scenes.

What is the vision cone of a security camera? I feel like I get spotted a bit easier than you'd think.

In Paris, the cameras cast a sort of laser mesh onto the floor that let you learn their cone of vision. You need to keep your distance quite a bit from the front but there's more leeway to the sides.

Don't forget you can stand freely directly under any camera.

Protip for surveillance cameras in video games: they have a blind spot directly under it. You can avoid being spotted by simply walking under it and going on your merry way. Just hug the walls.
Where exactly is the intern?
Oh god he was such a pain in the ass to find. He's wearing a light blue shirt with a red tie and beige pants. He starts off in the market looking for a building, before eventually returning to the embassy and hangs out to the left of the reception desk.

Protip for surveillance cameras in video games: they have a blind spot directly under it. You can avoid being spotted by simply walking under it and going on your merry way. Just hug the walls.

Oh god he was such a pain in the ass to find. He's wearing a light blue shirt with a red tie and beige pants. He starts off in the market looking for a building, before eventually returning to the embassy and hangs out to the left of the reception desk.

The intern also uses the bathroom periodically...

Okay, finally done this level. I'm happy with my solution - I'll post at the end in spoiler tags.. Thought i did it flawlessly. You can imagine my horror at being awarded just two stars on completion. Not sure what happened. Might go through it again and see if I can get the full 5 stars I think I deserve. The only thing I can think of that might have lost me the points (never spotted, body not found, no noticed kills) was the use of
the snipers rifle
on the embassy.

My run through:
[*]Make sure snipers rifle is smuggled in planning.

[*]Head through the lamp store, round the back to the poster boys

[*]Follow poster guy back to the lamp store ICA drop zone

[*]Throw coin into drop zone and follow poster guy in

[*]Subdue while he bends down to pick up the coin

[*]Pinch his disguise and dump the body

[*]Head over to the school and into the room on the far-right ground floor with the officer

[*]Subdue elite soldier while officer is drinking water/vodka

[*]Dump elite soldier and then subdue the officer

[*]Take officer disguise and dump his body with the elite soldier

[*]Head over to the interrogation room on the ground floor and dismiss ang soldiers hanging about

[*]Subdue the prisoner and dump his body in the cupboard

[*]Take prisioner disguise and sit in chair, wait for general to come to you

[*]Kill general as he leans in to you and then put his body in cupboard with the prisoner

[*]Change back to officer uniform and head back to lamp store ICA drop zone

[*]Pick up the sniper rifle and head to the market place

[*]Head on to the roof of the store just to the right of the three arches

[*]Distract lady, subdue and hide body.

[*]Set up on roof with sniper rifle

[*]Shoot banker while he makes phone call in window of embassy (took 3 rapid shots)

[*]Drop sniper rifle and head of gate to exit

brau

Can you use the riot in any way? The mission intro makes it seem like they were 1 step away from chaos.

Jack Bauer started a riot by shooting someone on the leg. 47 could learn a few things from him.

2fc5f17cad414e3ccedb73946bd3640e.gif

I was just thinking that there must be something you can do with the megaphone guy to influence the riot. Can't snipe him, though... Unless you do it from inside the consulate.

Is there a list of all rewards you can get by completing escalations/contracts/elusives ?

10 escalations: master-crafted SMG
10 contracts: an achievement
5 elusives: Absolution suit
10 elusives: Blood Money suit

Jeffrey

Jack Bauer started a riot by shooting someone on the leg. 47 could learn a few things from him.

2fc5f17cad414e3ccedb73946bd3640e.gif

Was just thinking this. I mean whats the point of a crowd if you can't use them for anything?

There's gotta be a way to trigger them to storm the embassy... but that might be too much for the cpu's on consoles lol.

Anyone ever have any success with a gunfight in this game? Probably the squishiest 47 yet in this series.

brau

Was just thinking this. I mean whats the point of a crowd if you can't use them for anything?

There's gotta be a way to trigger them to storm the embassy... but that might be too much for the cpu's on consoles lol.

Anyone ever have any success with a gunfight in this game? Probably the squishiest 47 yet in this series.

I wish you could use the crowds for something. At least to hide or something.

Ever since the last Elusive target i noticed that i die waaaaaay faster too. Not a bad thing. But significant change from what i remember on previous episodes.

Marrakesh is also a hit or miss in some areas as far as the look of the game. Some sections look awesome, while others look plain low res. Such a weird level. I played it some more and had fun with it. But i still feel it might not be up to par with the previous two entries. I get the feeling that this level was designed before both Sapiensa and Paris.

Ozium

I wish instead of 2 targets at a time they did like 2 individual targets, but the level would change slightly depending on which you picked (have one be set at night, for example)

Brad and Dan had better success in this episode than previous but they're still buffoons.
And it's gonna be another two parter, they only got rid of Klaus in the QL lol. It's fun watching other people fail or succeed at Hitman. God, I love this game but it still needs to iron out the kinks. I'd be fine with the USA episode taking more than a month if they need the time.

sn00zer

So Ive beaten all of the episodes twice but havent done any of the additional stuff as I dont normally replay games. I feel like a lot of what I like about Hitman is not knowing what to do or where to go when I play a level for the first time.

Soooo...

What side mission stuff I should check out?

Some memorable escalations:

The Holmwood Disturbance - introduction to the vampire magician disguise.
The Gemini Fiasco - very tricky and fun to achieve silent assassin on this one.
The Shapiro Omen - the level 5 complication will turn the whole mission on its head.
The Kerner Disquiet - forces you to cause some chaos for a change of pace.
The Kotti Paradigm - the most unique escalation so far, requiring some real strategy.
The Ignatiev Integrity - the first escalation for Marrakesh, but it feels like they are getting serious now with the difficulty.

As for challenges, do not miss out on doing Error Plane and Eye for an Eye in Sapienza - just to see how far this game can be pushed.

So Ive beaten all of the episodes twice but havent done any of the additional stuff as I dont normally replay games. I feel like a lot of what I like about Hitman is not knowing what to do or where to go when I play a level for the first time.

Soooo...

It depends, if you want fun and interesting stuff I still recommend checking out some of the craziest target kills, like the Terminal Velocity challenge in Paris and An eye for the eye one in Sapienza.

If you want a challenge the escalation in Paris with the battleaxe is probably the hardest mission in the entire game, and the shotgun one in Paris is also fun.

Terrorblot

I want to give this game a try but the price seems a little steep. I played a fair chunk of Blood Money but it took me awhile to get invested, and I played Absolution and it didn't click at all,

I DID IT!
It took me close to 10 tries and my run through was around 40 to 50 minutes and I got a score of zero but I did it. That school is kicking my ass. I cant get through it without any kind of problems but I finished it without running away from a legion of soldiers shooting me. So success I say.

I DID IT!
It took me close to 10 tries and my run through was around 40 to 50 minutes and I got a score of zero but I did it. That school is kicking my ass. I cant get through it without any kind of problems but I finished it without running away from a legion of soldiers shooting me. So success I say.

you don't even need to go inside!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I want to give this game a try but the price seems a little steep. I played a fair chunk of Blood Money but it took me awhile to get invested, and I played Absolution and it didn't click at all,

Absolution has nothing on this game.

Jintor

WHAT!? WHAT!?
wait unless youre talking about getting the phrases from inside of the safe in the consulate in which case I could not find the safe unlock code

I stumbled across it by accident in the first floor of the consulate, that's all the hints you'll get from me!

I stumbled across it by accident in the first floor of the consulate, that's all the hints you'll get from me!

Why thank you I was most likely too busy trying to hide an unconscious janitor and being caught by a security guard and shooting him in the head to notice it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
It is posible to grab a dead body inside a black bag? I'm refering to when a npc sees a dead body and puts the dead body inside a black bag. I want to grab or open the bag to take the dead body because i see a little white square like i can do something but i don't know how.

I believe you can take their clothes.
Yes,but only that?

It is posible to grab a dead body inside a black bag? I'm refering to when a npc sees a dead body and puts the dead body inside a black bag. I want to grab or open the bag to take the dead body because i see a little white square like i can do something but i don't know how.

I believe you can take their clothes.

Yes,but only that?

And maybe guns? Although I dont see why you would need to do more with the body its already been found at this point.

I just noticed that Marrakesh has the same conspicuous floor light fixtures as in Sapienza (in the big tunnel between the bazaar and the consulate). Again, I think these are supposed to be actually used to illuminate the place when the level switches to nighttime.

Just randomly unlocked Unfortunate Fortune. Good use of gameplay mechanics.

Plot speculation:

This is going to end with Providence going to war against the ICA while the mystery man remains unknown to both sides. Episode 7 is probably either the ICA compound under siege by Providence, or vice versa.

After the smoke clears, 47 will finally discover that someone else was behind everything, and that he accomplished whatever it was he set out to do while everyone else was fighting. Cue season 2.

Okay, finally done this level. I'm happy with my solution - I'll post at the end in spoiler tags.. Thought i did it flawlessly. You can imagine my horror at being awarded just two stars on completion. Not sure what happened. Might go through it again and see if I can get the full 5 stars I think I deserve. The only thing I can think of that might have lost me the points (never spotted, body not found, no noticed kills) was the use of
the snipers rifle
on the embassy.

Well, redid the embassy kill using a post school kill game save and yep 4 stars - looks like the snipers rifle was too noisy. Only lost points for "never spotted" so at some point I've been seen and didn't realise. I know it's not the cameras in the embassy because I dealt with them (
rat poison
).

This time I...

Entered the embassy as the officer. Sorted out the CCTV problem. Got the janitor disguise. Subdued and hid the two guards on the balcony overlooking the green screen. Then waited for our man to look over that balcony before getting behind him and snapping his neck.

Happy now. I'm confident (if I can be bothered later) that I have a fool prove method of doing this now from beginning to end in one sitting - no save points and reloads - and get the full 5 star rating.

Now, let's have a look see at that escalation....

Top Bottom