• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Jintor

damnit. I was so close to silent assassin but I jogged right past a guard on my way out and he flipped the fuck out. God damnit. If I had just walked it would've been fine.

ev0

And maybe guns? Although I dont see why you would need to do more with the body its already been found at this point.

Funny, I wondered the same thing myself...only because-

The Ignatiev Integrity Level 5 spoilers:
That level 5 is annoying lol.
You need to dump one of the targets into a specific bin.
It was easy to take out the dude with the shotgun but then the whole place stormed me and I hid and took them out slowly, but by the time that happened they bagged him up and I couldn't dump him. The game also didn't auto-fail me, but it was impossible to complete the mission.

The Ignatiev Integrity Level 5 spoilers:
That level 5 is annoying lol.
You need to dump one of the targets into a specific bin.
It was easy to take out the dude with the shotgun but then the whole place stormed me and I hid and took them out slowly, but by the time that happened they bagged him up and I couldn't dump him. The game also didn't auto-fail me, but it was impossible to complete the mission.

Here's what you do:

Subdue him, drag him next to the bin, then shoot him and dump.

ev0

Here's what you do:

Subdue him, drag him next to the bin, then shoot him and dump.

DUH. I feel like a moron lol. I ended up killing everyone in there with remote mines or screwdriver headshots and leaving him for last.
At least that was kind of fun in a different way.

Apparently the fortune teller has a stomach of steel as I poisoned food that he eats and he was fine. He eventually walked into a secluded spot so I could knife him though.

Apparently the fortune teller has a stomach of steel as I poisoned food that he eats and he was fine. He eventually walked into a secluded spot so I could knife him though.

He doesn't actually eat anything!

Like, he stirs the plate of snails but never puts it in his mouth. I don't get the point.

Jeffrey

missed opportunity that you can't disguise yourself as the leader of the protesters.

Just want to hear 47 give a moving speech about billions of dollars.

Murkas

Setting up the meeting takes way too long and who ever you called first ends up walking off so I had to throw coins and wrenches until the second target arrives.

Don't think I was slow either, I was full sprint mode.

Setting up the meeting takes way too long and who ever you called first ends up walking off so I had to throw coins and wrenches until the second target arrives.

Does Claus walk off? I tried with both and Claus seemed more patient. Reza fucked off pretty quickly though.

Jeffrey

kinda annoying that seemingly every opportunity involves rat poisoning someone.

felt like 90% of the time I spent was wondering around looking for rat poison.

Moff

I didn't have any problems with it
just make both phones ready before you make the first call. running over to the next phone maybe takes 2 minutes
and claus certainly waits for a very long time

Jeffrey

wait there is a way to get both dudes to meet up together?

Guess I killed the general already before I started honeycomb.

Moff

wait there is a way to get both dudes to meet up together?

Guess I killed the general already before I started honeycomb.

well you can call them both to the same meeting place, so it seems kinda obvious, there is a challenge for it as well
and if you do the opportunity with the evacuation they will meet as well, but in front of the school

missed opportunity that you can't disguise yourself as the leader of the protesters.

Just want to hear 47 give a moving speech about billions of dollars.

Yeah like overall level a bit of a letdown. I really thought you could take disguise after poisoning and get up on podium and incite the riot. There are a lot of missed opportunities on this level which makes me wonder if several things were cut out.

Why isn't there an option for searching contracts? Absolution had it. WTH?

I'm sick of the contracts system in this game. The levels & content they've released are well made and feel substantial (for the most part re: escalations/ETs) but 'Contracts' mode truly feels early access.

1. The 'latest contracts' page stops after a couple of pages and with each new release we get a flood of contracts being created by people doing the tutorial- pushing legitimate contracts off the main page, and once they're gone they're gone forever, unless IO decide to add them to the 'featured' page which has only been updated maybe twice or three times since launch.
  2. No mission criteria means that unless the creator explains the purpose in the description you've got no way of knowing what they intent for you to do. Suit only/silent assassin/accidents/specific weapons all left out. I don't know how many poor saps have created amazing suit only/never spotter etc. contracts only to find all the mission records is "kill this person".

IO have said they're working on an update for contracts but they've not said anything else on the subject. I'd never have thought that if IO sorted their shit out for the sequel I'd ever have to look back on Absolution thinking "I wish they'd kept that", but here we are.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Are they still actively developing these levels? I was under the impression they were all finished like back before the launch even and they were ready to go with a full release and they shifted over to a episodic structure with like a month to go

Are they still actively developing these levels? I was under the impression they were all finished like back before the launch even and they were ready to go with a full release and they shifted over to a episodic structure with like a month to go

The original plan was to release the first three episodes at launch last year, and episodes 4-6 this year. There was never going to be a full release up front, but this gives us a better idea of how long it took to finish the missions.

The release schedule from here on out is pretty vague because data from these early levels is probably directly influencing design decisions in the later ones.

Yeah like overall level a bit of a letdown. I really thought you could take disguise after poisoning and get up on podium and incite the riot. There are a lot of missed opportunities on this level which makes me wonder if several things were cut out.

The game keeps saying that inciting the riot would be bad because it's exactly what the villains are trying to do, but clearly that goes against most players' expectations. Hard to say if this was the plan all along, or if the possibility to incite the riot had to be cut and an explanation was needed.

It definitely feels like Marrakesh has too few opportunities - three out of eight opportunities are basically the same thing.

The thing that felt most rushed, to me: the "
Oil Lamp
" challenge doesn't even get a pun title.

nOoblet16

Uh everyone has American accent :/
It was ok in the Paris one because it's an international city and had an international event, Sapienza was a bit jarring but still it was ok because it was an extremely quiet level, and I think there were some foreign accents.

But this one, it's set around protests and stuff where you hear a lot more things and everyone has a North American accent...including the local police and I'm like ehhhh ?

Murkas

I didn't have any problems with it
just make both phones ready before you make the first call. running over to the next phone maybe takes 2 minutes
and claus certainly waits for a very long time

Claus outright says that he'll wait (although I didn't actually stick around). Haven't tried Reza yet.

Does Claus walk off? I tried with both and Claus seemed more patient. Reza fucked off pretty quickly though.

Claus walks off but he does stay a while longer, just gotta be faster I guess.

Did SOSA as well, felt it was easier in this but also more fun.

Conspiracy theory time, I don't think IO is lazy with the voice acting, that's actually Rocco's sister in Marrakech! She's a fellow assassin.

For all its shortcomings, the Dance Party challenge certainly makes Marrakesh a memorable episode.

I wonder how the guy who murders everyone on a level is progressing with episode 3. I kinda wanted to jump into the tank and go on a rampage, GTA 5 style.

Fury451

Banned
I just noticed that Marrakesh has the same conspicuous floor light fixtures as in Sapienza (in the big tunnel between the bazaar and the consulate). Again, I think these are supposed to be actually used to illuminate the place when the level switches to nighttime.

Just randomly unlocked Unfortunate Fortune. Good use of gameplay mechanics.

Plot speculation:

This is going to end with Providence going to war against the ICA while the mystery man remains unknown to both sides. Episode 7 is probably either the ICA compound under siege by Providence, or vice versa.

After the smoke clears, 47 will finally discover that someone else was behind everything, and that he accomplished whatever it was he set out to do while everyone else was fighting. Cue season 2.

I think you may be onto something there.
I definitely don't see this plot wrapping up with the season. The really interesting thing is how they've created probably the most narratively compelling story in one of these games, but it's entirely background right now to the events. It does feel like it's building to something now, and I've been very intrigued with what they've given so far for me.

idk why but two of the voice actors to me sound like Peter Krause and Nathan Fielder respectfully lol.

Also some of the "hunted" dialogue is extremely ridiculous.

"YOU'VE BEEN A NAUGHTY NAUGHTY BOY AND WHEN I FIND YOU, I'M GONNA PUNISH YOU...WITH MY GUN!"

Uh everyone has American accent :/
It was ok in the Paris one because it's an international city and had an international event, Sapienza was a bit jarring but still it was ok because it was an extremely quiet level, and I think there were some foreign accents.

But this one, it's set around protests and stuff where you hear a lot more things and everyone has a North American accent...including the local police and I'm like ehhhh ?
Dear IO please don't worry about this and continue to release these episodes on time. Sincerely, me.

Jintor

i wouldn't be askance to them patching in better dialogue but lmao like they'd do that that's so much work for so little gain. their design philosophy is already pretty clear and I agree it's better to have them super american but get them monthly than to have the right accents but for it to be delayed

but jesus christ! It takes me out of it so much. Of course, when I say it takes me out of it, I mean it takes me out of it while I'm a 6'' bald white dude with a barcode on the back of my head dressed as a shopkeeper in a robe stalking a paint mask dude and poisoning tea leaves with rat poison, but still

I noticed that not only there is one new mechanic (looking through holes in the wall) but two: when you disguise as officer (red beret) you can dismiss soldiers which moves them around.

Also, at first this scenario seemed focused in the school and consulate but not in the city itself. But there are more things to do in there than I believed at first.

Audioboxer

Finally going to get stuck into this after DS3 and Blood and Wine are done. I still haven't done the first mission, only the tutorial!!!

I finally got level 20 mastery on Marrakech. It felt harder (or at least longer) than the other levels, I think because there are less challenges overall here, 75 vs ~100 in Paris and Sapienza. I did most ways of killing the targets (each 5k xp) and and do almost all the exploration challenges and had to do all the 5 level escalation (another 5k) to get to level 20.

ZeroX03

Banned
Finally got the chance to sit down with Marrakesh. I agree it's a step down from Sapienza. It seems a lot more overbearing than the previous two. The last two were more 47 inserting himself into a slice of life that he rips to shred, whereas this one is much more "it's tough, chaotic, no time to enjoy wrecking havoc". There's no point being the Agent of Chaos in a place already ravaged by protests.

Also areas full of guards only are the worst. Not so much that they're hard, just that they feel a lot more sterile and restrictive in options. The lab and the school are my least favourite areas in the game so far.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I don't know why anyone would use both sedatives or lethal poisons over the rat poison

Then why even put those in the game?

----

I bought the Upgrade Pack, because I really like this game.

----

Did I already miss two elusive targets? :/ Also, what's wrong with those ~45% of freaks who voted with a "no" in a survey that asked if elusive targets should be replayable? At least the rest wanted it with some reasonable restrictions to be possible.

Top Bottom