• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

If you follow the link it says Wednesday, June 8th. Just a heads up for people thinking it is tomorrow. You've got a couple days to plan.

Interesting how they expanded it to 72 hours. I wonder if this is permanent change or just because target is middle of week vs weekend.

Oh, you're right. I just assumed it was Tuesday because that's usually when they do their updates. My bad.

Has anyone else here been invited to the Hitman Player Panel?

I was really surprised to get one, as I've barely played the game although I guess I did answer a couple of surveys. I bought it for my GF, who usually is an stealth fan, but unfortunately she isn't really enjoying this one as she doesn't care about contracts and gets lost way too easily, and I've pretty much only tried to do the Elusive Targets as they seem to be a fun challenge.

I guess I'll do it, if only to let them know about her problems with Hitman as I guess she's in the minority... But only if those Skype/phone calls are not mandatory, ew.

I was really surprised to get one, as I've barely played the game although I guess I did answer a couple of surveys. I bought it for my GF, who usually is an stealth fan, but unfortunately she isn't really enjoying this one as she doesn't care about contracts and gets lost way too easily, and I've pretty much only tried to do the Elusive Targets as they seem to be a fun challenge.

I guess I'll do it, if only to let them know about her problems with Hitman as I guess she's in the minority... But only if those Skype/phone calls are not mandatory, ew.

Damn, I should have answered more of the surveys. Instead I'm over here replaying the old Hitman games like a chump.. not like they'd want my opinions... :(
No but seriously I hope they invite more in the future.

Foffy

Banned
I hope they never consider putting an ET in Marrakech, because I consider that map a failed area for building up characters and lore to be placed into the environment.

Paris and Sapienza both were open enough to allow people to have roles in there, but Marrakech is a map entirely designed around the conflict of two people. It leaves little room for someone who owns the building you explore and has a floor dedicated to himself or something of the kind.

I hope they never consider putting an ET in Marrakech, because I consider that map a failed area for building up characters and lore to be placed into the environment.

Paris and Sapienza both were open enough to allow people to have roles in there, but Marrakech is a map entirely designed around the conflict of two people. It leaves little room for someone who owns the building you explore and has a floor dedicated to himself or something of the kind.

I would love an ET in that crowded market area. Sounds tough.

One thing I was surprised to see was scripted is if you
pull the alarm on the embassy - the target will run to the school and hang out with the other target there, using a variety of lines and behaviors not seen elsewhere

I guess one of the challenge requirements is best done that way, but it was still surprising to see the balance of the map change in such a big way.

I disagree - the rooftops, cafe, and parts of the bazaar might be interesting, if the target has a long walk. The trick would be finding a good spot where the crowd won't go nuts on you.

This weeks ET looks kinda easy if it takes place in the church graveyards, maybe he'll stroll through the catacombs or something. If he has 3-4 bodyguards with him all the time could be hard though. If you get a sniper kill with nobody seeing you, can you still get silent assassin or does body discovery negate that? I've screwed up silent assassin every ET so far, after I kill the target I get spotted by some rando guard as I exit :(

A crooked politician could be at the school.
A mercenary leader could be in the tunnels.
A wealthy club member could be in the cafe.
A... Swedish chef could be at the consulate? There's all this food but no food service staff around.
Just about anyone could be on a random rooftop.

And since both targets are in on the existence of Providence, a
Herald
could be on site to meet one or both of them. Tie into the actual backstory a little.

Foffy

Banned
I disagree - the rooftops, cafe, and parts of the bazaar might be interesting, if the target has a long walk. The trick would be finding a good spot where the crowd won't go nuts on you.

This weeks ET looks kinda easy if it takes place in the church graveyards, maybe he'll stroll through the catacombs or something. If he has 3-4 bodyguards with him all the time could be hard though. If you get a sniper kill with nobody seeing you, can you still get silent assassin or does body discovery negate that? I've screwed up silent assassin every ET so far, after I kill the target I get spotted by some rando guard as I exit :(

The body cannot be seen, or your crime noticed.

Both likely happen if you shoot the guy, for the bodyguards will see him shot dead.

I found a similar e-mail in my spam folder and thought it was simply a phishing scam.
I'd gladly fill out more surveys and such but Skype/phone calls seems a bit much.

Definitely go for accident kills if you want silent assassin as easy as possible. Around the church you can push people over walls or into graves... Or drop the church bell, but that probably forces you to hide at the top of the tower until the heat is off.

What worries me is that there are almost no places to hide bodies around the church. It feels like it's going to have to be an accident or nothing. And you won't get away for long with knocking anyone out.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The humor in this game is so perfect. I love the guards having the matter of face quantum physics debate in the attic of Paris, and today for the first time I heard the Consulate guard saying "We just weren't prepared for this. I mean, we're not Denmark"

Was there any other target you could take out with the bell?

So far, not even in escalations. You'd need to use custom contracts.

Speaking of escalations, some GB ones have to be inevitable, right?

The Shoemaker Mayhem: Eliminate three guards with a single explosion. You may only pacify people with thrown objects.
The Ryckert Rampage: Eliminate three people with neck snaps while witnessed. Also eliminate the witnesses.

1.08 update is up, haven't seen any patch notes yet; they don't add them to the PS4 for whatever reason. Annoying. All they do is leave a link (which doesn't even work).

The Technomancer

How do people normally do all-suit runs? Just complete stealth mechanics? I figure its possible to get into the Consulate without being seen via the tunnels, but I have no idea how to get into the school without passing one of those guarded bottlenecks

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
How do people normally do all-suit runs? Just complete stealth mechanics? I figure its possible to get into the Consulate without being seen via the tunnels, but I have no idea how to get into the school without passing one of those guarded bottlenecks

You can slide down the pipe in the roof where the school headmaster is located. This will get you past all the security checkpoints and you'll only have to take out a couple of guards to enter the school

I haven't done a suit only run but you should be able to get past the checkpoint via
the area behind where you find the headmaster, there is a ledge you can take to a pipe that will take you behind the checkpoints, and then you can sneak around to the door just past the turret truck
. After that there's like one guard you can knock out, but I don't know how to get deeper into the complex yet.

Edit: blarg, beaten.

And if you want to enter on your own terms, just use an exploding motorcycle or one of your own explosives to distract some guards and run past.

The Open Sesame opportunity and the Headmaster's Revenge challenge basically show you how to get into the school without a disguise.

DQDQDQ

You can throw things for distractions and run behind them, or it's easier to go up to the headmaster's roof and slide down a pipe around the corner.

I've seen people go through the front door of the consulate just by throwing coins too. It's a lot of running just on the edge of being chased by guards.

ymgve

You can slide down the pipe in the roof where the school headmaster is located. This will get you past all the security checkpoints and you'll only have to take out a couple of guards to enter the school

There's a pipe there? I could swear I looked over all nooks and crannies there and didn't find a way to get down from there.

In addition to all the other advice here's another FYI if you weren't aware: you can climb the boxes on the ground floor in the room behind the two guys talking near the intercom to get access to the second floor bathroom and avoid the guards. Great for an easy accident kill of the General.

I spent 20 minutes reloading trying to sneak my ass up there before fighting that out.

There are multiple ways into the consulate too, like you can scale a break on the left/west side of it and then go into the garage via a door near that. You will need a consular pass though, which is obtainable in at least two spots.

For those who haven't done it I highly recommend The Kotti Paradigm escalation in Paris, its only 3 levels but the third one is insanely difficult and very fun. No clothes changes, and can't even do any sort of vaulting or hanging and stuff, and you have to run around with a battleaxe! Its so good, and is a nice fix for most of my escalation issues - levels 3 to 5 are all the same usually, if you do it "right".

Next Elusive Target should go live in about 21 hours from this post.

DQDQDQ

There's a pipe there? I could swear I looked over all nooks and crannies there and didn't find a way to get down from there.

Go around the corner and look up. There is a ledge you can climb up to and work your way around the corner of the building to a pipe.

The Technomancer

In addition to all the other advice here's another FYI if you weren't aware: you can climb the boxes on the ground floor in the room behind the two guys talking near the intercom to get access to the second floor bathroom and avoid the guards. Great for an easy accident kill of the General.

I spent 20 minutes reloading trying to sneak my ass up there before fighting that out.

That one I was aware of, that's how I did him my second time through! First time I disguised myself as the interrogation prisoner

If you don't care about spoilers, best way to learn is watching youtube videos. You will see that just about anything is possible and learn most of the tricks of the trade. But keep in mind most runs take MANY failures / restarts to perfect. Suit only is all about experimentation.

I usually determine the path of least resistance, then try to figure out how to get past it. Sometimes it's easy. Sometimes it takes hours. Sometimes it's just not doable so you try an alternate path with seemingly more resistance, only to discover you *can* get around it. Then rinse and repeat until the target is dead and you are out of the level safely :)

Wow someone managed to kill the banker by having him blown up by the protester.

Have no idea how he got the duck explosive to stick to him? Probably some bug or maybe you can somehow place it on him

Civilian NPCs and targets will pick up the remote explosive duck and carry it with them, which is the reason why it's such a big deal.

The bigger feat here is that he got nearly every guard in the embassy (and maybe some soldiers on the streets?) out of the way without touching any of the civilians. (This is how he forces the guy to run into the consulate and upstairs to find the nearest guard)

The cool thing about the duck is people will pick it up if they see it, then carry it around with them and you can detonate right before exiting a level to avoid body being found, or as in this case, use them as walking human bombs. So he likely dropped the duck earlier and a random protestor picked it up.

Interesting part if pointing the gun at him to make him freak out and run into the embassy. Neat idea albeit a no go if you want SA on your run.

Civilian NPCs and targets will pick up the remote explosive duck and carry it with them, which is the reason why it's such a big deal.

The bigger feat here is that he got nearly every guard in the embassy (and maybe some soldiers on the streets?) out of the way without touching any of the civilians. (This is how he forces the guy to run into the consulate and upstairs to find the nearest guard)

Really? Damn it, the one time I used the duck, I saw a guard notice it and pick it up and thought he was just carrying it over to the storage like with any gun, had no idea it could be picked up by anyone.

The latest Escalation in Marrakesh was pretty challenging. I like it! Some of these have been WAY too easy.

I feel like releasing episode 3 finally gave IO the license to make escalations harder. I had been waiting for a more complex condition like "hide this person in that specific container."

I hope to see more conditions that leave you between two nonideal choices. For this one, do you start far away from your objectives with the correct disguise, or start near your objectives and try to do it all suit-only?

KORNdoggy

If you follow the link it says Wednesday, June 8th. Just a heads up for people thinking it is tomorrow. You've got a couple days to plan.

Interesting how they expanded it to 72 hours. I wonder if this is permanent change or just because target is middle of week vs weekend.

tbh they need to bump up to 72 hours anyway even for weekends. i spend my weekends with my significant other and the last 2 elusive targets have...well...eluded me since i don't get back early enough on a Sunday...so personally i hope the 72 hours is a permanent change.

I feel like releasing episode 3 finally gave IO the license to make escalations harder. I had been waiting for a more complex condition like "hide this person in that specific container."

I hope to see more conditions that leave you between two nonideal choices. For this one, do you start far away from your objectives with the correct disguise, or start near your objectives and try to do it all suit-only?

I'm only level 9, I didn't have a choice.

Okay, they've stepped up their game.

Security is so tight for the new elusive target that one of the normal starting points has been disabled.

Top Bottom