• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

ThisOne

Have there been any sales for this game since it was released on PS4? I'm not sure if I should buy the intro pack for $14.99 or just wait for a decent sale on the whole package.

Then why even put those in the game?

----

I bought the Upgrade Pack, because I really like this game.

----

Did I already miss two elusive targets? :/ Also, what's wrong with those ~45% of freaks who voted with a "no" in a survey that asked if elusive targets should be replayable? At least the rest wanted it with some reasonable restrictions to be possible.
I wouldn't want them immediately replayable but maybe every time a new episode comes out they could unlock the previous and just make it a mission.

I think it's really interesting having a fail state. And I failed the first one...

TheKeyPit

Banned
I wouldn't want them immediately replayable but maybe every time a new episode comes out they could unlock the previous and just make it a mission.

I think it's really interesting having a fail state. And I failed the first one...

I'm only interested in the unlockable suits and I find it pretty shitty to make this stuff missable. First target was available for 48h. The second too? 48 hours is bad. What about people who are on holidays? Or can't play during these 48 hours?

Edit:
+Should I ever play the game when it's offline? Will challenges unlock when it gets online or what?

I'm only interested in the unlockable suits and I find it pretty shitty to make this stuff missable. First target was available for 48h. The second too? 48 hours is bad. What about people who are on holidays? Or can't play during these 48 hours?
The high of having a tense mission that you can't fail is worth the tradeoff of some people missing it or not getting a suit.

48 hours also reduces the option of people just watching youtube videos and orces players to really think and be careful when approaching the mission.

there's a tradeoff but I think it's worth it... especially since it is just a sliver of the overall content.

TheKeyPit

Banned
The high of having a tense mission that you can't fail is worth the tradeoff of some people missing it or not getting a suit.

48 hours also reduces the option of people just watching youtube videos and orces players to really think and be careful when approaching the mission.

there's a tradeoff but I think it's worth it... especially since it is just a sliver of the overall content.
Why not let the player decide if he wants only 1 go for a mission and nothing more?

I think that the youtube part is irrelevant in the current times. Videos were already uploaded 4-8 hours after the first target was available.

MUnited83

For you.

Edit:
+Should I ever play the game when it's offline? Will challenges unlock when it gets online or what?

They will release several times more elusive targets than you will ever need to unlock all the items so that's hardly a issue.

I don't know why anyone would use both sedatives or lethal poisons over the rat poison

Idea for an actual useful sedative: instead of making the sedated person make choking noises and fall down, make them go find a chair to sit down in and doze off. This could have an actual, unique purpose if you don't need to kill someone but just need them out of the way.

Like, that would have made sense for poisoning a shisha pipe - someone falls asleep while smoking one, makes perfect sense. But, instead, gurgling and choking noises creating widespread panic.

Hol' up, hold the fuck up.

So, after giving the fortune teller/beggar five coins for the challenge I tail the dude for a good 3/5 minutes round the market to steal his costume. Nothing much happens, just the occasional stop here and there. Finally he goes into one of the back alley rooms and kneels down, so I lay him out with a hammer. but I notice that he's put something on the ground. The guy placed down a remote explosive. Who the fuck is this guy.

Jeffrey

Any youtube videos or what not of people successfully 'ramboing' it in this game?

Dont' think ive ever succeeded in a gun fight.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

So, after giving the fortune teller/beggar five coins for the challenge I tail the dude for a good 3/5 minutes round the market to steal his costume. Nothing much happens, just the occasional stop here and there. Finally he goes into one of the back alley rooms and kneels down, so I lay him out with a hammer. but I notice that he's put something on the ground. The guy placed down a remote explosive. Who the fuck is this guy.

I lost track of him walking around then
later saw him in a small room laying down on a bed, with a shotgun on the floor nearby.

Pretty weird.

ArjanN

Any youtube videos or what not of people successfully 'ramboing' it in this game?

You pretty much have to hit and run, or hole up and funnel the AI someplace where they have trouble shooting you, honestly neither of which are very 'rambo'-esque.

It was definitely easier to gun everyone down in a big gunfight in Blood Money and Absolution.

It's a good change IMO as it makes it harder to just brute force levels and incentivizes more creative gameplay.

Just keep moving, make headshots and if you have groups to deal with hide around a corner and shoot them one by one as they come running. It's difficult, but doable with some save and reloading.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You pretty much have to hit and run, or hole up and funnel the AI someplace where they have trouble shooting you, honestly neither of which are very 'rambo'-esque.

It was definitely easier to gun everyone down in a big gunfight in Blood Money and Absolution.

It's a good change IMO as it makes it harder to just brute force levels and incentivizes more creative gameplay.
Yes

Brad's solution was certainly

creative

Jeffrey

yeah throwing items is way more efficient than shooting.

Does this game use a 'last known position' system if you fire off a shot? AI seems... not that consistent.

Still wish there was a easier 'rambo' path, dont think there is body armor or anything you can bring that supports that?

btw: how long do enemies stay knocked out in this game? Feels like they are down for a whole mission for everyone i've done.

This and "dance til you drop" certainly make this the weirdest chapter!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Any idea what graphics setting would be causing ambient lighting shadows to be flipping the fuck out?

c1MjzWx.png

ArjanN

yeah throwing items is way more efficient than shooting.

Does this game use a 'last known position' system if you fire off a shot? AI seems... not that consistent.

Still wish there was a easier 'rambo' path, dont think there is body armor or anything you can bring that supports that?

btw: how long do enemies stay knocked out in this game? Feels like they are down for a whole mission for everyone i've done.

I'm sure enemies only get woken up by other NPCs.

Shooting is actually more effective if you're making headshots with a silenced gun, as you can drop people faster than you can pull out new items. Of course that actually requires more player skill than throwing stuff.

Also, making Rambo-ing it up harder is a good thing anyway, since playing that way actively makes the game worse.

It's an interesting design decision for them not to wake up after a set period of time. It's one of those things I think where under normal conditions it's no issue. 95% of people you subdue you never think about again. It's only on rare occasions you subdue someone you want / need to be conscious, in which case you can drag the body to where it will be spotted BUT then you lose SA if that's important to you.

You would think a couple bullets in their foot would wake them. Nope. Instead they die. Which makes sense as all of the bodies vital organs are located inside the feet.

fleck0

with all the shade thrown at Dan and Brad for not understanding some of the game's detection mechanics, I am very confused about the effects of a disguise being compromised. For the first 2 episodes I assumed it meant a disguise was worthless and would find a new one at all costs if i was compromised.

Though in Marrakesh I completed the school section with no problems while compromised. I assume it only refers to certain NPCs that know who I am but can anyone fill me in a little better?

Bebpo

Banned
Despite all the shade thrown at Dan and Brad for not understanding most of the game's detection mechanics (warranted!) I am very confused about the effects of a disguise being compromised. For the first 2 episodes I assumed it meant a disguise was worthless and would find a new one at all costs if i was compromised.

Though in Marrakesh I completed the school section with no problems while compromised. I assume it only refers to certain NPCs that know who I am but can anyone fill me in a little better?

What I take from outfit detection is that people who would actually know you will see through your disguise. Like if there's 3 special forces guys all working together right next to each other and you grab one and dress as him the other two guys would know you're not Mr. 3. But the soldier down the street would have no idea who Mr. 3 is and would just assume you're a special forces guy.

It's not always executed perfectly in the game, but I think that's the concept and I like it as it adds realism and challenge so that you don't just get an outfit and walk through everything easily.

Jintor

with all the shade thrown at Dan and Brad for not understanding some of the game's detection mechanics, I am very confused about the effects of a disguise being compromised. For the first 2 episodes I assumed it meant a disguise was worthless and would find a new one at all costs if i was compromised.

Basically, if you're "compromised", it means at least one NPC knows that you're disguised as X disguise.

In Hitman, news spreads virally (instead of via radio for some reason, probably for game balance purposes), so NPCs need to tell other NPCs in order to spread the knowledge to look out for some tall white bald dude wearing a soldier uniform. So if you get compromised, but you knock out the fucker before they can tell anyone, you'll be uncompromised. You can also rush to the other side of the map or something.

Enemies on hunt will tell other patrols they encounter about you, but after some time they'll go off hunt, but your disguise will remain 'compromised' which basically means they'll return to normal non-alert mode but will be suspicious of you on-sight.

If any person sees you while you subdue someone, you are compromised. That includes the person you are attacking. I guess the logic is that you may get away, but that person will say "A bald dude with a serial number on his head knocked me out and took my clothes" so anyone sent on your trail would know its you. If you go ahead and kill them after you subdue them, your compromise status goes away.

There are unfortunately bugs where people nowhere near you sometimes can "see" you attack someone, so that might be what you get sometimes if you subdue someone from behind and yet you are compromised. A random janitor or whatever on a floor right above or below you somehow got extra Z-axis vision and saw you do the takedown.

fleck0

Thanks for the great answers, seems like I can be a lot looser than I've been trying to be, should be fun.

edit: I finished the GB run and I was so wrong about Brad's skills, he sliced the game open like a surgeon.

I managed to use a sniper rifle to kill the swede dude in the embassy (only took 5 shots... so far away!).. is it possible to snipe them both from the same location?

I managed to use a sniper rifle to kill the swede dude in the embassy (only took 5 shots... so far away!).. is it possible to snipe them both from the same location?

Yes. You can get them both to meet up at
the school by pulling the fire alarm at embassy or shooting at the swede dude (anything that triggers a target lockdown) and he will go down to garage, through tunnel, and eventually meet with general dude outside the school.

Chuck

Still without luck
I feel like the Marrakesh map was much more lacking in variety, at least on the first playthrough. I managed to get 5 out of 5 on the first try, with only 7 or 8 reloads, probably half of which due to bug outs. I actually reloaded the
chair assassination
bit 3 times because dude's body kept wigging out
and not falling properly in the chair after you snap his neck.
Sapienza might've been too damn good to follow up.

Still, going to go back and try some new routes in Marrakesh.

I finally got around to trying this, and he
put an assault rifle on the ground. Then he goes to sleep.

The randomness makes it seem like an easter egg, but still... Why???

I kicked a toilet onto a mans head today and continually turned on a sabotaged electrical cord in water and killing 4 people one after another as they checked on the previously shocked body. This games great.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

I played Hitman Blood Money a couple of years ago, but I still remember very well when in a single mission, there were two assassins after me. I would not be surprised if this is something along those lines.

I played Hitman Blood Money a couple of years ago, but I still remember very well when in a single mission, there were two assassins after me. I would not be surprised if this is something along those lines.

That could be an amazing finale for the elusive targets. A target who's trying to kill you at the same time that you're trying to kill him.

Edit: I notice that the fountain challenge is unredacted this time. I think quite possibly no one had figured out the actual requirements for Sapienza's fountain challenge, or realized that they're just going to make you
throw increasingly more coins into each fountain in each new level

thenexus6

Game wasn't working for me yesterday so hopefully I can play some today. I've only put a few hours into the new level. I was playing the other two episodes non stop when they released.

I feel like the fortune teller was already an elusive target. Walks forever, then for some reason he walked back to his starting point and sat down, only he was now not responding to coins anymore. Actually offended I threw some more! -_-;;

TheKeyPit

Banned

Nice. It starts at 3pm in germany on wednesday. Easiest way will probably be a shot from the sniper rifle.
Lets assume I don't have enough time left to finish him off during my play-session, because I need to leave the house and there are no saves, can I just close the game and restart the contract later on?

Add me to that list to people who are happy that the elusive target is going to be in sapienza. I finished that just today multiple times and he won't have that many places to go there.

+The target is available for 72 hours.

---

Sapienza Silent Assassin, Suit Only
With my unlocked possibilities I tried my best and started at the morgue. There I got the dongle and a biolab card. Then I made my way off to the kitchen in the mansion and I poisoned the bolognese with the special ingredient followed by ringing the dinner bell. I waited at the place where Caruso would throw up and there I shot him(I forgot to take the Fiber Wire with me) and hid his body. Next up De Santis: I sneaked into the room where she is searching for stuff from Caruso I think. There I only waited for the one guard to turn his back to her and I subdued her and dragged her off to the little room and then out through the window onto the balcony and shot her, too. I destroyed the virus by using the dongle and escaped with the plane. It wasn't that bad :D

Yes, you can quit an elusive target and restart later as long as you haven't killed the target. I've done this when I needed to take a break during #2.

Top Bottom