• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: The Complete First Season launches January 31

Release dated(thanks Gematsu).

Square Enix will launch Hitman: The Complete First Season at retail for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 31, 2017. It will cost $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 on consoles and $49.99 / £39.99 / €49.99 on PC.

Hitman: The Complete First Season will include all of the locations (Prologue, Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, and Bangkook), challenges, opportunities, Escalation Contracts created by the developer Io Interactive, and Contracts created by the community released since the first episode launched digitally in March.

In Europe, the game will be released in a SteelBook Day One Edition. (Square Enix has yet to send out it’s U.S. press release.)
With more info out, this includes both US and Japan as well.
  • 3 Bonus Missions Pack – Includes “The Icon” and “A House Built on Sand” missions, plus the brand new upcoming “Landslide” mission.
  • Original Soundtrack – Featuring the original game score.
  • The ‘Making of’ Hitman Documentary – Charting the journey from showing the game to our fans for the first time before E3 2015, through to the digital launch in 2016.
  • Hitman Requiem Blood Money Pack – Includes the signature Blood Money white suit, white rubber duck and chrome ICA pistol.
  • The PlayStation 4 version includes the 6 additional exclusive The Sarajevo Six missions

Square Enix notes that the “Requiem Blood Money Pack” will also be available for purchase after January 31.

Guessing the Second Season will be announced next year or at PSX?

Edit:
rtlXl0pJ

US PR:
Io-Interactive is pleased to confirm the details of what will be included when HITMAN™: The Complete First Season arrives on disc on January 31st, 2017 for USD $59.99 (or regional equivalent).

Released in a day one edition SteelBook®, HITMAN: The Complete First Season will deliver the ultimate physical version of the game, with over 100 hours of gameplay. Featuring all of the Season One locations and episodes from the Prologue, France and Italy to Morocco, Thailand, USA and Japan. Play as Agent 47 to take out powerful high-profile targets in an intense spy-thriller story across a world of assassination.

“The disc combines everything we have learned, refined and updated over the course of a 10 month live season. It’s the direct result of live input, development and feedback from our players,” said Hannes Seifert, Studio Head at Io-Interactive. “Especially for our fans who want to own the game in a box, we’ve made it a high quality SteelBook box. We also added loads of additional downloadable bonus content to release on the 31st of January for everyone getting this beautiful edition of the game on a disc and everybody owning the digital Full Experience or upgraded versions of the game.”

Included with HITMAN: The Complete First Season box is bonus downloadable content:
3 Bonus Missions Pack which includes The Icon and A House Built on Sand missions, plus the brand new upcoming Landslide mission.
Original Soundtrack featuring the original game score
The ‘making of’ HITMAN documentary charting the journey from showing the game to our fans for the first time before E3 2015, through to the digital launch in 2016
HITMAN Requiem Blood Money Pack* which includes the signature Blood Money white suit, white rubber duck and chrome ICA pistol
The PlayStation®4 version includes the 6 additional exclusive The Sarajevo Six missions
HITMAN: The Complete First Season features all of the locations, challenges, opportunities, Escalation Contracts created by the studio and Contracts created by the community. And it will give access to all upcoming Elusive Target live game events taking place after January 31st.

HITMAN: The Complete First Season will be available on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC.
(*Please note the HITMAN Requiem Blood Money Pack was a digital pre-order incentive, it will also be available to purchase digitally on January 31st.)

Gamezone

Gold Member
I wish they could release the physical disc without the always online crap. Not acceptable for digital, but certainly not for physical.

xrnzaaas

Will buy it. Don't know yet if day1 or later, depending on how many other cool games will release in the holiday season. :)

I wish they could releade the physical disc without the always online crap. Not acceptable for digital, but certainly not for physical.

The entire story is playable offline. The only part that I can't stand about the online thing is that offline and online have different saves.

Big Wazu

I wish they could releade the physical disc without the always online crap. Not acceptable for digital, but certainly not for physical.

So it still requires you to be online to play? Given how crap my Internet is, I guess I'll have to pass on this. I was really looking forward to it too..

Edit: Well now I'm just confused how it all works.

prudislav

The entire story is playable offline. The only part that I can't stand about the online thing is that offline and online have different saves.
but all progression mechanics are disalked offline aka XP,unlocks, mission challenges, even signature Agent 47 gun cant be unlocked offline .
... or at least this was the reason i refunded Intro pack (no idea if its changed now)

Hope they confirm a season 2 soon
iirc tehy already confirmed they have plans for 3 seasons somewhere on twitter

AHA-Lambda

Hold on a minute here

How many episodes is this game getting?

Cos it keeps changing, last we've heard it was 7, but that image says 6?

but all progression mechanics are disalked offline aka XP,unlocks, mission challenges, even signature Agent 47 gun cant be unlocked offline .
... or at least this was the reason i refunded Intro pack (no idea if its changed now)

I would hope they fix this in time for the disc release, because that really is unacceptable.

Hold on a minute here

If you count the prologue missions as Episode 0 then there are seven, but there are six main episodes (as in, six main maps) with the bonus missions taking place in modified versions of those maps.

Demoskinos

No, they are very dependent on and online connection because of how they pump live content into the game.

Hold on a minute here

Its never changed the bonus triple pack included in the retail version was the bonus episode or episode 7 which only 2 missions of the bonus episode came out in july. With the third bonus mission coming out later.

tanuki

Great news about season 2. Will definitely buy a full season next time instead of the episodic approach, now the quality of the game has generally been excellent. Shame the release rollout has been such a clusterfuck, hopefully they'll have a clearer message next time.

Demoskinos

Great news about season 2. Will definitely buy a full season next time instead of the episodic approach, now the quality of the game has generally been excellent. Shame the release rollout has been such a clusterfuck, hopefully they'll have a clearer message next time.

I don't know how the episodic release has been "a clusterfuck" its gone pretty damn smoothly outside of the server connection issues they had around launch.

SomTervo

Brilliant game.

A real culmination of everything they've been working towards.

I still remember playing Hitman: Codename 47 on my dad's old computer and witnessing ragdoll physics for the first time.

What a journey.

Would this be a good day one buy GAF? I missed out on playing this all year and loved the previous Hitman games.

100%.

They even had a talk about it on one of the dev conferences using gaf posts to illustrate their point. Think I made a thread about it that no one read.

US gets steelbooks too

Io-Interactive is pleased to confirm the details of what will be included when HITMAN™: The Complete First Season arrives on disc on January 31st, 2017 for USD $59.99 (or regional equivalent).

Released in a day one edition SteelBook®, HITMAN: The Complete First Season will deliver the ultimate physical version of the game, with over 100 hours of gameplay. Featuring all of the Season One locations and episodes from the Prologue, France and Italy to Morocco, Thailand, USA and Japan. Play as Agent 47 to take out powerful high-profile targets in an intense spy-thriller story across a world of assassination.

“The disc combines everything we have learned, refined and updated over the course of a 10 month live season. It’s the direct result of live input, development and feedback from our players,” said Hannes Seifert, Studio Head at Io-Interactive. “Especially for our fans who want to own the game in a box, we’ve made it a high quality SteelBook box. We also added loads of additional downloadable bonus content to release on the 31st of January for everyone getting this beautiful edition of the game on a disc and everybody owning the digital Full Experience or upgraded versions of the game.”

Included with HITMAN: The Complete First Season box is bonus downloadable content:
  • 3 Bonus Missions Pack which includes The Icon and A House Built on Sand missions, plus the brand new upcoming Landslide mission.
  • Original Soundtrack featuring the original game score
  • The ‘making of’ HITMAN documentary charting the journey from showing the game to our fans for the first time before E3 2015, through to the digital launch in 2016
  • HITMAN Requiem Blood Money Pack* which includes the signature Blood Money white suit, white rubber duck and chrome ICA pistol
  • The PlayStation®4 version includes the 6 additional exclusive The Sarajevo Six missions
HITMAN: The Complete First Season features all of the locations, challenges, opportunities, Escalation Contracts created by the studio and Contracts created by the community. And it will give access to all upcoming Elusive Target live game events taking place after January 31st.

HITMAN: The Complete First Season will be available on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC.
(*Please note the HITMAN Requiem Blood Money Pack was a digital pre-order incentive, it will also be available to purchase digitally on January 31st.)

AHA-Lambda

Its never changed the bonus triple pack included in the retail version was the bonus episode or episode 7 which only 2 missions of the bonus episode came out in july. With the third bonus mission coming out later.

Prologue, Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, USA and Japan+the bonus missions which counts as one Episode.

right so the bonus episode counts as one of the 7 then? Thought it was outside of the 7, ta

ZeroX03

Banned
3 Bonus Missions Pack – Includes “The Icon” and “A House Built on Sand” missions, plus the brand new upcoming “Landslide” mission.

rubbing salt in the wounds of episodic purchasers

So it still requires you to be online to play? Given how crap my Internet is, I guess I'll have to pass on this. I was really looking forward to it too..

Edit: Well now I'm just confused how it all works.

Hold on a minute here

It was seven. Then they stopped mentioning the seventh and were super vague, and it turned out the 'seventh episode' was actually three bonus missions reusing old maps. They didn't bother telling people this until after three episodes had released, and are charging episodic buyers for it as well as making them wait. But you get everything with this package so no need to worry there.

Thank GOD this isn't slated for this year. I have too much on my plate already, along with Rise of the Tomb Raider and Last Guardian on the horizon.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just saw that digital full package buyers are getting all the bonus shit too, holy shit SE and IO fucked episodic buyers so hard. They have to pay for the Requiem Blood Money pack too god damn.

First Season? What? I want complete game :(

This is a complete game's worth of content.

The First Season? Does this mean Singapore still has a chance to show up in a Second Season?!

Possibly. They want to do three seasons, that's roughly 18 locations.

Top Bottom