• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: The Complete First Season launches January 31

GeeTeeCee

Was the Landslide bonus episode already known to be on the way, or is this a new announcement? Will we ever get the night version of Paris (because that episode title doesn't sound like it will be)?

Ozium

so it was $59.99 for the full experience when it launched (and the current price,) $75 if you bought each episode individually and $65 if you bought the first episode then the season pass...

disgusting

ZeroX03

Banned
Wait a moment: so early adopters won't get the soundtrack, the making of etc?

If you bought the full package or upgrade package, you will.

If you purchased episodic, SE and IO are laughing at you and will take more of your money.

so it was $59.99 for the full experience when it launched (and the current price,) $75 if you bought each episode individually and $65 if you bought the first episode then the season pass...

disgusting

It's going be more than $75 for episodic, the Requiem Blood Money Pack is paid content for episodic buyers.

AHA-Lambda

It was seven. Then they stopped mentioning the seventh and were super vague, and it turned out the 'seventh episode' was actually three bonus missions reusing old maps. They didn't bother telling people this until after three episodes had released, and are charging episodic buyers for it as well as making them wait. But you get everything with this package so no need to worry there.

Right, thanks :)

The way they've described it all really hasn't been clear =/

MUnited83

For you.
Game is freaking GOTY
dQzyuN3.png

Seems to be the case. Holding off on playing it until all of the "seasons" are available in one package.

Nah. Each season will be a separate game.

First Season? What? I want complete game :(
Read above. Each Season is a complete game.

Ludens

Banned

If you purchased episodic, SE and IO are laughing at you and will take more of your money.

Wasn't the full experience 60$ anyway? So early adopters got robbed by 10$.
One thing is sure: I won't ever support IO/SE by taking Season 2 or 3 in advance, I'll get them later to get the better deal, and also a patched and optimized game if season 1 is indicative.

ZeroX03

Banned
Was the Landslide bonus episode already known to be on the way, or is this a new announcement? Will we ever get the night version of Paris (because that episode title doesn't sound like it will be)?

Yes we knew a third bonus mission was coming at a later date.

Right, thanks :)

The way they've described it all really hasn't been clear =/

In 2015 the release plan was three episodes at launch and three more monthly but that changed by 2016. Messaging is a confusing mess. Don't let their shitty messaging and shitty treatment of episodic purchasers scare you away though, the game is fantastic if you just buy the complete package.

300 hours? Is it open world with side missions or what?

Each episode is like a small sandbox with a few main objectives that rely on improvisation and experimentation to complete. The episodes also have a metric shit-ton of little achievements and unlockables. It's extremely replayable.

Ozium

It's going be more than $75 for episodic, the Requiem Blood Money Pack is paid content for episodic buyers.

(*Please note the HITMAN Requiem Blood Money Pack was a digital pre-order incentive, it will also be available to purchase digitally on January 31st.)

tells me that it will be a pre-order item that goes on sale, not that people who didn't pre-order but own the full season will automatically get it.

ZeroX03

Banned
300 hours? Is it open world with side missions or what?

Sandbox maps with user generated content and amazing core gameplay.

Wasn't the full experience 60$ anyway? So early adopters got robbed by 10$.

Full experience was $60, but you get everything in the complete first season package listed here which is also $60. If you bought the full experience, you got the best deal, you get all the content and you got it sooner.

(*Please note the HITMAN Requiem Blood Money Pack was a digital pre-order incentive, it will also be available to purchase digitally on January 31st.)

tells me that it will be a pre-order item that goes on sale, not that people who didn't pre-order but own the full season will automatically get it.

See:
We also added loads of additional downloadable bonus content to release on the 31st of January for everyone getting this beautiful edition of the game on a disc and everybody owning the digital Full Experience or upgraded versions of the game.”

Ozium

Full experience was $60, but you get everything in the complete first season package listed here which is also $60. If you bought the full experience, you got the best deal, you get all the content and you got it sooner.

??? it is currently $59.99 on Steam, the OP clearly states the PC price of the complete season will be $49.99

See:

yes? and then when it describes the content there is an asterisk by the requiem pack which states:

unless that is the only extra content that episodic buyers can buy

Ludens

Banned

It says the full package is 50$ on PC, not 60$. 60$ is the price for console version.
Also if you didn't preorder you miss the Requiem Pack, which probably will be sold separately.
So people (if IO adds the making off and soundtrack for free, a thing I honesly doubt because this is SE, they charge 10$ on Japan for Tomb Raider japanese voices pack) will pay 10$ less to get much contents. It's like a reverse early access, considering usually on EA you pay less to get more.

ZeroX03

Banned
??? it is currently $59.99 on Steam, the OP clearly states the PC price of the complete season will be $49.99

Oh right, PC. I haven't kept up with that. *shrug*

I know next to nothing about the game so pls educate me. How many hours would it take for an average player to complete all episodes?

I would say 10-15 hours just to complete the main episodes for a newbie. But the game is insanely replayable and there's lots of content to do, extra missions, user generated missions, challenges to complete that is 100+ hours easily.

I have yet to start this, but i bought the 1st episode.

Thinking now I'll just play that and then wait for rest with the steelbook edition :)

MUnited83

For you.
It says the full package is 50$ on PC, not 60$. 60$ is the price for console version.
Also if you didn't preorder you miss the Requiem Pack, which probably will be sold separately.
So people (if IO adds the making off and soundtrack for free, a thing I honesly doubt because this is SE, they charge 10$ on Japan for Tomb Raider japanese voices pack) will pay 10$ less to get much contents. It's like a reverse early access, considering usually on EA you pay less to get more.

Well, except for the fact that the early buyers had access to more content. We got quite a lot of elusive targets already, and will get a bunch more before the game fully releases.

ZeroCoin

Glad I locked in at the sub $40 price on Amazon a few weeks ago. Still feel like I'm missing out on the elusive targets though. I would hope that they'd release them all after the season ends and just not 'count' as completed unless you did them during the actual event. Seems like a lot of work to create some unique experiences that are just gone after a few days.

ZeroX03

Banned

Fuck you to PC players I guess?

PC was the system where the description was clear that there would be seven episodes, so at least you knew to get the full package.

Basically everyone except pre-ordering full package console players got screwed in some way.

prudislav

No, they are very dependent on and online connection because of how they pump live content into the game.
well for me forcing this to be online-only in friggin Singleplayer game is unacceptable tradeoff ...even though i can understand some people are fine with it

AppleMIX

The complete first season imply that they're going to be doing multiple season then?

I know they were planning on it but I wasn't aware they got the go ahead from Square Enix.

Also, buy it. It's in my top 3 for game of the Year.

I gave the US$15 version a fair go, but I feel so detached as the player from the target that everything takes too long to occur without following instructions perfectly. Then if I strictly follow the linear path, the open world and freedom becomes waste as a result.

I didn't like Absolution either, and for a similar reason to this game. I just don't feel like I'm in control of the situation presented before me without explicitly following instructions. Hitman is not a series I like.

I was hoping for an open world Splinter Cell Conviction/Blacklist and didn't get it.

duckroll

Fuck you to PC players I guess?

PC was the system where the description was clear that there would be seven episodes, so at least you knew to get the full package.

Basically everyone except pre-ordering full package console players got screwed in some way.

?????????????

I'm not sure where this is coming from. Who is getting fucked?

ZeroX03

Banned
If you have a spotty connection, they added a reconnect function. It used to be if you were disconnected in a session you'd lose all your progress, not anymore.

But don't play this game entirely offline. Needs online, even if your connection sucks.

A little salty about that Blood Money pack and OST - I bought the CE and don't have either of those (though the soundtrack is probably burned into my brain at this point).

For anyone on the fence, this game is fucking fantastic. As someone who usually blows through a game and never replays it, this has pretty much been all I've played for the last month and a half.

I haven't even touched the Escalation missions or the Bonus Episodes yet. Just replaying the story missions over and over, learning NPC routines, experimenting with gadgets, setting up traps, etc., is a delight. I'm pretty sure this has usurped Overwatch as my 2016 GOTY.

And the implications of this release being titled Season One... *chef kissing fingers*

Santar

No mention of improved offline mode where you can actually see and do challenges , level up and unlock new weapons and gadgets.
I mean you don't even get a score when you do missions offline.
Very disappointing:(

ZeroX03

Banned
?????????????

I'm not sure where this is coming from. Who is getting fucked?

Okay this is incredibly confusing, but here goes:

- Console preorder players paid $60, get all content, and get it ASAP.
- PC complete release got a price drop, so if you waited on PC you got a discount.
- However if you bought early you got timed content.
- Episodic players were confused by weak messaging, end up paying $75+.

Basically if you pre-ordered on console you got all content at a set price ($60), and you paid the lowest price for your platform. Every other option (episodic or PC or both) had some kind of negative drawback.

If you can't tell, IO/SE had atrocious messaging regarding what content they were getting and what it would cost. Even my reading of the press release, I'm reading it as full package non-preorder buyers getting the DLC pack, but others are interpreting it as them still having to pay. I can't fucking tell.

Ludens

Banned
Well, except for the fact that the early buyers had access to more content. We got quite a lot of elusive targets already, and will get a bunch more before the game fully releases.

Well, I'm pretty sure new owners will get elusives too. I mean, I don't consider that a major selling point, considering you play on the same map and only the initial location with the pattern of the objective is different. Not so different from a user generated map, honestly.

GeeTeeCee

Is it worth it to jump in now for the Elusives? People seem to be excited about 'em.

I'd say the Elusives are pretty good. They aren't as elaborately designed as the main contracts, the appeal of it is mostly the idea of having a mission that is both limited by a real world clock and having only one attempt to get it right (sort of).

I know IO have said otherwise, but I'm still skeptical that the Elusives won't return in some form. Feels like at lot of work creating unique assets and recording new dialogue for a one-and-done thing.

As a Hitman fan who's played all the games up until this one, I'm still unsure how this game plays out story wise.

Are you just dropped into a sandbox level and given the objective and go or are there cutscenes and narrative set up in each episode? All the previous games still had forms of cutscenes and narrative tied into each mission.

Scooped up a preorder of this when it was $35 on Amazon a few weeks back. So stoked to try this out in January. I'm glad to hear all the praise for this game. The season distribution method is a better way to go than a 3-4 year wait between games.

Javier23

Banned
I would say 10-15 hours just to complete the main episodes for a newbie. But the game is insanely replayable and there's lots of content to do, extra missions, user generated missions, challenges to complete that is 100+ hours easily.
Just to complete the episodes? Given the time it took me to first complete the first three I'd say 6-7 hours is a much more accurate estimate.

ZeroX03

Banned
I like some of the elusives, specifically ones that modify parts of the level or have interesting twists.

As a Hitman fan who's played all the games up until this one, I'm still unsure how this game plays out story wise.

Are you just dropped into a sandbox level and given the objective and go or are there cutscenes and narrative set up in each episode?

There is a cutscene at the beginning and end of each episode. Currently it's nonsense.

Learning the story of each location you're in is the real narrative of the game, and it's fantastic. Every location has very rich details you learn over multiple plays.

Just to complete the episodes? Given the time it took me to first complete the first three I'd say 6-7 hours is a much more accurate estimate.

It takes me an hour or two for each episode, and I'm including the bonus missions in that count. This is with no prior Hitman experience, just this game. Now I can do the missions in a few minutes each, but that's with lots of practice. Exploring and learning the levels takes a while.

Top Bottom