• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: The Complete First Season launches January 31

MUnited83

For you.
So does this only have 7 missions or am I missing something?

9. Or 11 if you count the prologue missions. And then add all the escalations which are a few dozen. And then the featured contracts. And the user contracts. And elusive targets, and all the challenges and differents ways you can do all of those.

Foffy

Banned
I dunno I uninstalled it

image.php

Dayum.

megalowho

Echoing the other positive comments, I'm a newcomer to Hitman and game is great. Highly replayable, strong emergent and scripted moments, surprisingly funny, and the episodic rollout really works for me. The concept behind elusive contracts is neat, you get to spend some time with each new map instead of just burning through everything, there's always something on the menu to try. Keeps you engaged and returning for more over the course of the year. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend the disc based version, but if you're interested and don't mind digital they've got a good thing going on right now.

BTA

Hmm, I haven't picked this up yet but since I'll probably want to play before January, I'm thinking I'll do the $15 to check it out + $50 for the rest if I like it route. Nice to see that it's coming out on disc, though.

farisr

If that offline content/unlock thing doesn't change for the disc release, looks like the only way I'll be playing this game is if it shows up as a PS+ or a GWG title while I have an active subscription.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
If that offline content/unlock thing doesn't change for the disc release, looks like the only way I'll be playing this game is if it shows up as a PS+ or a GWG title while I have an active subscription.

It's so frustrating. This is one of my GOAT series too. I'm gonna end up cracking and buying it, then hate myself :D

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Is it the principle of the thing? Because in practice you'll most likely never even really notice it.

First two months after launch were a nightmare. I've developed a Pavlovian response to pop-ups :D I think IOI were pretty shitty not explaining how the offline mode would work prior to release. Yeah, maybe it is principle at this point.

farisr

Is it the principle of the thing? Because in practice you'll most likely never even really notice it.
For me it's a principle thing. They're absolutely not justified in requiring the server connections for those things.

Also, really not a fan of adding basically more factors that can lead to your run messing up before finishing..

Before, for a game like this, things that could end a run:

lights going out
console/game messing up

now that's changed to:

lights going out
console/game messing up
internet messing up
PSN messing up
SE/IO's servers messing up

BBboy20

So, they're going to be a disc version for the PC version for the US? Because they didn't even try putting a disc in the collector's edition of the latest Deus Ex. =/

Seriously, it made the steelcase a paperweight for that platform. That gonna' be the same here?

Top Bottom