• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

Wait the Dark Arts DLC is tagged 20€ without the early access?

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
Should've coughed up cost of the deluxe edition before the game launched 🤷‍♂️ /s

Nankatsu

Gold Member
A lot of people (like me) bought up the standard edition at a discount thinking it would have been $9.99
I did the exact same thing. No way I'm paying up extra 20€ just to get access to an arena that doesn't lock me from constantly using dark spells. It's overpriced as hell.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Have to say I’m loving this. It’s rare that a game has me thinking about it when I’m not playing these days. I’ve not managed to play as much as I’d like as I was feeling ill on Wednesday night, however what I have played has been brilliant. Love the care and attention to detail, Hogsmead is fantastic, designing your wand - the writing just matches the universe IMO.

One thing I’d read is that there’s loading whenever you enter a door? I’ve not had that at all and I’ve visited a fair few places. I’m amazed that you can enter so many doors!

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Have to say I’m loving this. It’s rare that a game has me thinking about it when I’m not playing these days. I’ve not managed to play as much as I’d like as I was feeling ill on Wednesday night, however what I have played has been brilliant. Love the care and attention to detail, Hogsmead is fantastic, designing your wand - the writing just matches the universe IMO.

One thing I’d read is that there’s loading whenever you enter a door? I’ve not had that at all and I’ve visited a fair few places. I’m amazed that you can enter so many doors!
The loading thing only seems to happen if you try to beeline it through Hogwarts, or if you get off your broom or mount and immediately go to a door.

Hmm, my map is suddenly completely revealead/unfogged and I've still only ventured to Hogsmeade and the area surrounding the first southern village. Doesn't seem like that should have happened.

NahaNago

A few hours in and it seems okay. The world feels huge even though I've barely gone anywhere. I really need to take my time and explore the world more since I've mostly just been running past the world without truly exploring/enjoying it. The moving into classrooms is a bit odd.

Last edited:
Unless you have a really good PC I'd probably go for the PS5 version.

I mean I have a 9900K, 32GB RAM, and a 4080 and things could be better. To be fair I am holding about 130-140fps (with DLSS3 on and no RTX) but the game is heavy on memory usage. I can see anywhere up to 20GB RAM and 13GB VRAM usage. Most people are on 16GB RAM and 6-8GB VRAM systems.
Thanks bro I have a 4090 but i am waiting for the cpu (gonna get 7950x3d) I will go with the PS5 version

Just finished „In the Shadows of the Study“. Great questline in general and
that one specifically was surprisingly dark at the end. Never thought we would have to cast Crucio on a friend / let them do it to us. Wow.

Nope, all this stuff has come from JKR herself, mostly through the ‚Pottermore‘ site.
Wow, thanks for the info, what an incredible writer JKR is. Well deserved all the praise that‘s still going on with Harry Potter. And now I know why kids these days are still interested in the franchise.

Am I the only one who noticed that all available characters in the editor look handsome? My wife and I tried to recreate myself, but they had no bald head. So we had to imagine what I would‘ve looked like when I was 16 lol. But whatever combination we chose, we couldn‘t make a real ugly character. Guess JKR is also uglyphobic? 😅

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Hmm, I think there IS a day 1 patch on PS5, but it's somehow hidden? My disc install on PS5 crawled to a halt at 95% of the way to "Ready to play", and during those last few percent the disc wasn't spinning. It eventually got through it, but now it's doing it again during the full install portion. So it's patching both parts separately or something.

Weirdly I don't have any update in the downloads list, just the disc copy, but maybe it doesn't show that for mandatory updates or something.
My disc installed the same. It was not spinning in the middle and end of installation. Probably doing some unpacking

Wow, thanks for the info, what an incredible writer JKR is. Well deserved all the praise that‘s still going on with Harry Potter. And now I know why kids these days are still interested in the franchise.

Am I the only one who noticed that all available characters in the editor look handsome? My wife and I tried to recreate myself, but they had no bald head. So we had to imagine what I would‘ve looked like when I was 16 lol. But whatever combination we chose, we couldn‘t make a real ugly character. Guess JKR is also uglyphobic? 😅
Honestly, she's an ok writer at best, but she's a top tier world builder.

Ghost23

I think I got spoiled on one thing from a Youtube comment that was clearly trying to ruffle feathers. Not trying to let it get to me, especially as it's about the journey, but I just hate how people on the internet are so miserable.

Im playing in fidelity. Game just too gorgeous
Same, once you get used to 30fps it looks so damn good. Just don't go back to performance so your eyes have to readjust haha

Osthyvel

I think I got spoiled on one thing from a Youtube comment that was clearly trying to ruffle feathers. Not trying to let it get to me, especially as it's about the journey, but I just hate how people on the internet are so miserable.

Same, once you get used to 30fps it looks so damn good. Just don't go back to performance so your eyes have to readjust haha
I have not tried performance yet, i have no problem with 30fps in this. Does fidelity look better than fidelity with rt?

Ghost23

I have not tried performance yet, i have no problem with 30fps in this. Does fidelity look better than fidelity with rt?
I tried Fidelity with RT a couple of times just to see but I honestly couldn't tell that much of a difference? Granted I was just in one room and decided not to bother with a potentially lower framerate and having to reboot the game every time to change that setting. I'm sure someone can do a more accurate analysis of the difference though.

SCB3

Now I believe Harry Potter is about hate.

Fooc8xVXEBAy9K6
I'll never understand how you can HATE a IP, I get not liking it, I mean I don't like some IP's at all, but I don't hate them and if people wanna enjoy them, then what harm is it to me?

Someone re-word his tweet to be Crysis instead, it'd blow his mind

Sygma

Man this is really just Fable within Harry Potter universe, and some traditional at this point activites to do in the open world. And not gonna lie its utter fire and surprisingly really well polished. I was wrong in the score prediction. Just finished a dark magic arena and my first ruins, i still dont have the lockpicking cuz I keep doing all the side content without progressing much in terms of spells and whatnot, no talents or anything just full on crackhead energy with a magic wand and yeah it just IS good. The Fable bit is a compliment, cant wait to do a full on evil run

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Anyone finding the main character hair really shiny on dark areas? Don't know if it's related with the color I picked, but damn, it's getting on my nerves.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
What's the issue? The pitch sounded too artificial to me so I kept the slider in the middle. The slider can be changed at any time in the audio settings, if that helps.
If you change the pitch it just plays the modified pitch over the original voice creating a slight chorus effect (a lot people who notice it seem to describe it as ‘robotic’).

nikos

If you change the pitch it just plays the modified pitch over the original voice creating a slight chorus effect (a lot people who notice it seem to describe it as ‘robotic’).

That's how it sounded to me as well when I was creating a character. Figured they just didn't mix it well.

Top Bottom