• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hohokum |OT| Whimsical exploration, presented in Technicolor with awesome music!

My man! I was kinda floored that they weren't charging extra (beyond reasonable s/h) for the digital & vinyl combo. Couldn't pass it up.

There are some games with just some ridiculously good soundtracks coming out recently. Transistor being another recent favorite. Hotline Miami's has been on permanent rotation on my ipod and Hohokum's will join it shortly.

All about dat l'elephant ass-to-brain-to-mouth. This game makes me smile.

I couldn't believe it either. That said, the vinyl doesn't seem to have the entire soundtrack on it, so it's more of a curio than a full soundtrack. Still, of course I bought it.

Actually trying to decide if I want to pre-order or not, since I have next to no clue how this plays in practice. Wouldn't be the first time I bought a game's soundtrack but not the game itself (sorry Wipeout XL, I bought all your siblings but never you!)

I couldn't believe it either. That said, the vinyl doesn't seem to have the entire soundtrack on it, so it's more of a curio than a full soundtrack. Still, of course I bought it.

Right, the track list for the vinyl being:

A1. Tycho - L

A2. Matthew Dear - Pawn In Their Game

A3. Osborne - Mount Arvon
A4. Geoff White - Wedding Party
B1. Michna - Increasing Ambition
B2. Ben Benjamin - Air Parsing
B3. Shigeto - Lamp Lighting

And after listening to all those over at hypem, I was totally fine with that. Though including that Com Truise "Declination" instrumental would've been the cherry on top. Still, this record will get played a lot.

hawk2025

Yeah, the only thing I wish they had snuck on there is the Com Truise track.

But otherwise the vinyl is a great deal and a good piece to own.

I wish more games had vinyl soundtracks :( I only have Scott Pilgrim and Sword & Sworcery.

Just saving my spot here. Takahashi would be proud.

BTW, another recent game with a style reminiscent of Takahashi, Lovely Planet.

lovely-planet-trailer.gif

vdo

Well, I was going to buy it when it released just to make sure the reviews were good on it, but then I figured what the heck and pre-ordered since there's a good chance that it will be good and I might as well get what freebies it comes with.

Jeels

Already preordered for the music but Ill be very interested to see how this reviews. I wasnt too impressed with Doki Doki and it seems similar to that in some sense. I did however love Journey.

aro52

Very strange, when the other 3 games in this thing have been/are midnight EST releases.

I wonder if something came up, and they're crunching on a patch...

Very strange, when the other 3 games in this thing have been/are midnight EST releases.

I wonder if something came up, and they're crunching on a patch...

My countdown clock has it unlocking at 10AM PDT tomorrow morning. That is also the time Sony's Gamescom press conference starts. Could be coincidence.

Yeah, I can't check it out right now so I guess Sony just messed up. What are they doing? It is getting embarassing. (I got the unlocked notice, but it probably won't work..)

robotrock

Banned
Yeah, I definitely think it's a Gamescom conspiracy theory. Sony gonna pull an Entwined again, despite this already being announced.

pantsmith

Have no idea what it is, but I like the soundtrack and I like weird ass experiences.

Also the collab with Sound Shapes was unnecessary but very much appreciated.

I've had my eye on this, but I don't know...I'm still not really sure what the game is about>.> Either way, charging up my vita(haven't used it in a while) on the off chance I decide to use my credit to pre-order.

Hohokum OT | What Sperm Do On Their Downtime

I just watched the launch trailer again and somehow it bounced in my head that the thing you glide around looked like sperm lmao. CNt unsee

aparisi2274

Downloading to my PS4 as I type this!!

I cant wait! Played this game at E3 2013 and 2014, and am totally in love with it!

fernoca

Preordered as soon as it was possible. Preload was ready yesterday. Aside the clip of Conan and some E3 clips I know nothing about this! XD

Top Bottom