• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hohokum |OT| Whimsical exploration, presented in Technicolor with awesome music!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
What's the difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions? Resolution? Sorry of it's in the OP, this thread keeps crashing my phone.

dreamfall

So want.

Just ordered the Vinyl, as I had listened to that soundtrack on and off this week. Absolutely thrilling!

Gah! H Y P E !

aparisi2274

Ahhh, Horseshit! It finished downloading and it says 11hrs 57min until release!

Come on Sony, its after midnight here on the east coast, unlock this game for me!

Ahhh, Horseshit! It finished downloading and it says 11hrs 57min until release!

Come on Sony, its after midnight here on the east coast, unlock this game for me!

It seems that PSN's normal clock, GCT-- which normally stands for Grace Chen Time-- has been replaced tomorrow by GamesCom Time.

Not showing up in psn store on phone or vita for download for my vita. Any tips?

If you already have it pre-order through PS4 or 3, on the Vita go to Download List.

684754722182b18bd06az.jpg

Not showing up in psn store on phone or vita for download for my vita. Any tips?

I gave into temptation and pre-ordered the game (PS4 version, if it matters, but it's cross-buy). The PSN store did not show a Vita version of the game, but my Download List on the Vita does show a Vita version of Hohokum. So I'd suggest buying either the PS4 or PS3 version and the Vita version will probably show up for you too.

I wonder if it's not showing on the Vita store because it doesn't support pre-orders like the PS3/PS4 or something dumb like that.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
FUCK YOU PSN !!
Right before I was going to sleep I had a notification and it said it was ready to play, 4 hours ago. I go to check, 8 hours left. For seriously?

Widge

So want.

Just ordered the Vinyl, as I had listened to that soundtrack on and off this week. Absolutely thrilling!

Gah! H Y P E !

Had my hands on a digital copy for a couple of weeks now. Really luscious stuff. Might try and wangle myself a physical too.

Doing an interview with a couple of the Ghostly guys about this. I'll slip in a "did you know NEOGAF thinks the soundtracks is TEH AMAZE" in there. Once I get it all typed, I'll bung it in here in an act of shameless promotion.

reminder

Don't worry, we're getting all the pre order bonus free when you purchase here in europe, plus 20% plus discount. I'm loving the indie month we're having.

Yeah, that's great and all. But if we were able to preload the game i'd be able to play it at midnight, now i've to wait until tomorrow afternoon. ;)

Well, first world problems i guess...

That OT can be summed up in one word - 'lovely'. Great stuff man.

God, I hope this game turns out well. I feel it could really go either way right now.

Yeah, I love the look of it but actually have no idea how it plays. I was kind of excited for Doki Doki Universe too, and that kind of turned out to be a bit of a damn squib. Are there any reviews of Hohokum live yet?

Yeah, I love the look of it but actually have no idea how it plays. I was kind of excited for Doki Doki Universe too, and that kind of turned out to be a bit of a damn squib. Are there any reviews of Hohokum live yet?

From what I played of it last year, I would describe it as an interactive toy. There might be an objective, but the main joy is in toying around with the world. Might be too simplistic for some, but then I'll have to wait tomorrow (Europe) or through reviews to find out.

dreamfall

Had my hands on a digital copy for a couple of weeks now. Really luscious stuff. Might try and wangle myself a physical too.

Doing an interview with a couple of the Ghostly guys about this. I'll slip in a "did you know NEOGAF thinks the soundtracks is TEH AMAZE" in there. Once I get it all typed, I'll bung it in here in an act of shameless promotion.

Ooooo that is so rad! I hope the interview goes beautifully. I hear "Lamp Lighting" by Shigeto and I'm gone- floating about with colors! Such a beautiful medley of Tycho, Michna and all artists involved. The last song on there is "Super Secret End Credits" - AMAZING.

GAF <3 !

J-Skee

I don't have time to wait for these embargoed reviews to come out. I'm gonna buy it now with the hope that I don't regret it later.

Zach

Can't wait to get home and fire this up. I still have no idea what the point of the game is, though. >_>

Truthfully, I didn't care for this game. I know some of you may like it but I found it very boring.

Opinions and all that, but how do you reconcile your love of other games with no "co-op or competitive integration to give it longevity" such as Flower but pan this one?

Anyways, this game is definitely up my alley and I have no illusion of it being anything other than something to zone out to for a few hours-- much like Flower or Proteus-- and that's easily worth the price of entry for me.

rafaelr

wtf, hohokum won´t show up for me in the de-at webstore (no search results, not among upcoming games). what´s going on there?

rafaelr

Are you in europe? PSN Store updates on wednesdays so hohokum will be there tomorrow.

ok then. just found it weird that you can´t find pretty much zero info on this game in the german/austrian store now (it´s not even listed in the "new this week" or "upcoming games" section).

ThisOne

I'm having fun with it, but it's pretty batshit crazy. There seems to be little structure. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be doing most of the time. And maybe that's the point. The graphics and music are great.

I did unlock a worm that's called Cecil. He looked different than the worm that I was controlling and a "cutscene" popped up showing me his name. He followed me for a bit and then stopped. Not really sure what that was or what I did to unlock him.

ThisOne

Kind of sad that this thread is getting buried with all the Gamescon news. I want to talk about it with Neogaf! Anyone else playing it?

Game is very visually interesting which I like and is the main draw to why I wanted to check it out.

I love the experimenting and playing with the worlds because each "portal" is different and everything seems to be interactive.

That plus the amazing music, which you seem to contribute to with your interactions, leads to a fantastic visual/audio experience.

I like this a lot. It certainly makes more sense to me than something like Noby Noby Boy.

I'd say, if you don't like a game like Flow, then you will not like this game.

Why can I not play this game? I payed full price even though it still advertised the preorder price, and when I try playing I get the "Cannot start the application" error. I've restored licenses and deleted the game twice.

It's 5pm EST, is this some how not out yet?

SerTapTap

I noticed this morning the clock would start at 4 hours then switch to 17 hours...bug I guess? Is this the first preload game or is this a common issue with preload games?

Why can I not play this game? I payed full price even though it still advertised the preorder price, and when I try playing I get the "Cannot start the application" error. I've restored licenses and deleted the game twice.

It's 5pm EST, is this some how not out yet?

That's odd. I preordered it last night. It downloaded and I checked this morning and my clock was still running but it ended around the time the Sony Gamecom conference started. So no problems for me. I'm in California btw.

That's messed up if you had to pay full price, I think you're only option is to contact sony.

Hm, well I'm leaving town tonight so it'll have to wait till I get back. It is helpful to know it is working for others. Thanks!

ThisOne

Played again for a little while. I'm starting to figure it out some. On each level you have to complete a certain task and then you unlock the "worm" for that level. Unlocking the worm, I think, essentially means you've beaten the level. The world with all the little orange and yellow balls that shrink or get large when you touch them seems to act as sort of a hub world with the three exits all lined up near each other.

Wow, this game really surprised me in the 5 minutes I played it. Remarkable, gorgeous, and very relaxing. The soundtrack really gets you pumped. It's definitely going to get overshadowed with all of the news that came today, I hope this OT will get some legs!

It's a really nice experience when going in with no real knowledge of what to expect.

The puzzle design seems abstract, but also very organic. I figured out and triggered situations that helped me complete a level, purely by chance or by my own curiosity. Really neat!

Top Bottom