• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hohokum |OT| Whimsical exploration, presented in Technicolor with awesome music!

Heh, finished this today including the special guy you get for all eyes found. Just need to do a 6 run and the annoying inclusion trophy from the kite level.

I've finished the game but am stuck on 25/26 eyes in the Fun Fair level. I've felt like I've scoured that place a dozen times and can't find the last one. I thought it might be a "special" one where you have to do something to trigger it's appearance like
]the "Journey" eye in the popnut forest/eye guy hub world.

Any help?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing this and I'm not the only one that thinks they look like sperm, right?

It seems to have been removed from PSN (in Australia, PS4). Selecting from the big ad, it says it isn't available. It doesn't show up in search and it doesn't show up in All Games.

My only gripe with the game is the two errors I've had this morning; one where it failed to load and the second when in crashed after the
wedding stage
. Other than that I am loving this.

SerTapTap

The level Constance with the monkeys and bullet hell boss battle was awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ8JqchH4nk

Loved that part! TBH I would have been perfectly fine if this were a "walking simulator" style affair, but I'm really glad there's cool gameplay too, even if not entirely traditional, makes it a lot easier to recommend and I think a lot more people have been willing to play it due to that. "Speedrunning" it for the 1 hr is pretty fun too, at least until you forget what to do at one section...

rafaelr

great game, definitely one of the highlights of the year so far for me.
soundtrack´s on spotify as well, great to listen to when not playing.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Not that I care that much one way or the other, but I'm wondering if they've just conveniently forgotten about

For our loyal community of Hohokum fans who were impacted by this issue, we humbly apologize for the duration you had to wait for this fix to be implemented. We are working on a gift to those impacted which will be sent directly to your PlayStation Message Inbox. We are solidifying this currently and will communicate right here once it has been deployed.

So, you GAFers that have found all the eyes. Any tips for finding all 26 in the Fun Fair level? I'm still at 25/26 and it's the only one I haven't found. I swear to [your favorite deity here] that I've combed through that place dozens of times and haven't found the last one so I'm worried it's a "hidden" one and I don't know what to do. Googled a fair amount and couldn't find any type of location map :\

So, you GAFers that have found all the eyes. Any tips for finding all 26 in the Fun Fair level? I'm still at 25/26 and it's the only one I haven't found. I swear to [your favorite deity here] that I've combed through that place dozens of times and haven't found the last one so I'm worried it's a "hidden" one and I don't know what to do. Googled a fair amount and couldn't find any type of location map :\

I was 23/26 there but thanks to your reminder, I got the last 3 for that level! :p

Locations of the last three for me:
iogOWGouvOtoI.jpg

ibsuBzd2CfIaeo.jpg

iLZByTYqBXdcc.jpg

Now at 126 eyes. My method is much like when I'm vacuum cleaning. Go down one rectangular area at a time. | | | | |

I was 23/26 there but thanks to your reminder, I got the last 3 for that level! :p

Locations of the last three for me:
iogOWGouvOtoI.jpg

ibsuBzd2CfIaeo.jpg

iLZByTYqBXdcc.jpg

Now at 126 eyes. My method is much like when I'm vacuum cleaning. Go down one rectangular area at a time. | | | | |

Pretty sure I have those three but you never know. Clearly there is something I'm missing. I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks!

I can't seem to figure out the tree stump dance level. I summon the stump monster and see the guy dancing out of sync, hit him a few times but nothing?

iMgRkEMdXoVZk.jpg

Chopper

Is that the guy who keeps on crying and the one you can hit on the bottom right of my above pic?
Yup.
I hit him three times earlier to trigger the event.

Re: speedrunning, the levels that really give me a hard time are the Farm, thanks to RNG, and the Vases, cos it's time consuming, and those little cunts that pop out of random pots and stop you knocking them over are a pain in the arse. I always miss one kite in the Kite Festival too.

Gonna try and shave those 4 minutes off a bit later.

Yup.
I hit him three times earlier to trigger the event.

Re: speedrunning, the levels that really give me a hard time are the Farm, thanks to RNG, and the Vases, cos it's time consuming, and those little cunts that pop out of random pots and stop you knocking them over are a pain in the arse. I always miss one kite in the Kite Festival too.

Gonna try and shave those 4 minutes off a bit later.

Once I get home and find that final hidden eye, I'm going to dive in on a speedrun and see what I kind of damage I can do.

Chopper

Once I get home and find that final hidden eye, I'm going to dive in on a speedrun and see what I kind of damage I can do.
It's harder than you might think. I thought I'd done it earlier, when I managed to shave 25 minutes off my previous run. Alas...

Annoyingly, I'll have to do it twice, cos my trophy list is split.

Woo just finished it, 4:28 with 107 eyes.

Gonna work on finding the rest of them now. Really enjoyed this game, and I probably would have overlooked it if I'd waited till Bloodborne to buy a PS4 rather than biting now and needing something to play.

In the central area with the eye guy, I'm stuck on 15/18 eyes. All 15 of those are from his little island, are the other 3 there or elsewhere? I've gone around the area like 5 times now and I don't see any more D:

Woo hoo!

sHUyR2S.jpg

Except....the trophy didn't pop.

Fuck sake.

What? Yeesh that's rough. I've heard trophies not popping initially but upon closing out of the game, signing out of PSN, re-signing then firing up the game, everything's gravy. Maybe try that? Congrats regardless though!

In the central area with the eye guy, I'm stuck on 15/18 eyes. All 15 of those are from his little island, are the other 3 there or elsewhere? I've gone around the area like 5 times now and I don't see any more D:

I know there are two in the popnut forest. You can only see then when those nuts/seeds are closed up though. The last one is
from hitting the three "Journey" symbols. It's an easter egg eye.

I just got all three from the popnut forest though :eek:

So does that easter egg not count as one of the eyes? I could've sworn I was one off until I found that and then suddenly 18/18.

Just found my last eye in the Fun Fair too. It wasn't one of the three Messofanego had pointed out but it definitely put me on the right foot in terms of where I started my search grid. Found it about 30 seconds after I started looking for what felt like the twelfth time lol

Time to try my hat at a speedrun :\

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Took me about 8 hours. It's beautiful and a lot of fun but I have to agree about the lack of structure actually getting in the way sometimes. In the end there were two whole worlds I was missing that I only found out about after looking online. Not only did I now know how to get there but I didn't even know they existed. Anyway it's hardly a big deal or anything and everything that is there is wonderful and enjoyable. Not sure if I'll go back for the speedrun or not.

Chopper

What? Yeesh that's rough. I've heard trophies not popping initially but upon closing out of the game, signing out of PSN, re-signing then firing up the game, everything's gravy. Maybe try that? Congrats regardless though!
Thanks. I tweeted the developer, and he got back to me on the issues I've had. Apparently the split trophy list is a bug that exists for all European players. They're looking into it. And the trophy not popping is an issue, I assume localised to the Vita version, that is being fixed in an upcoming patch.

Now I have to decide whether or not to try again on my PS4. Depending how the trophy list fix works, it might be a complete waste of my time if the PS4 trophies get "overwritten".

I know there are two in the popnut forest. You can only see then when those nuts/seeds are closed up though. The last one is
from hitting the three "Journey" symbols. It's an easter egg eye.
Could you be more specific? I don't think I know what you're talking about.

Edit: ^^ Those wallpapers are great.

SerTapTap

Thanks. I tweeted the developer, and he got back to me on the issues I've had. Apparently the split trophy list is a bug that exists for all European players. They're looking into it. And the trophy not popping is an issue, I assume localised to the Vita version, that is being fixed in an upcoming patch.

Now I have to decide whether or not to try again on my PS4. Depending how the trophy list fix works, it might be a complete waste of my time if the PS4 trophies get "overwritten".

Could you be more specific? I don't think I know what you're talking about.

Edit: ^^ Those wallpapers are great.

Easter egg spoiler:
Fly around the dude at the bottom of the Vase level, he'll hit you and your snake will fly in one of three pattermns. See all three and go to the popnut forrest and input all three on the runes at the bottom of that area. Which symbols are right are determined each playthrough, so you need to use the vase level.

Chopper

Easter egg spoiler:
Fly around the dude at the bottom of the Vase level, he'll hit you and your snake will fly in one of three pattermns. See all three and go to the popnut forrest and input all three on the runes at the bottom of that area. Which symbols are right are determined each playthrough, so you need to use the vase level.
Oh, I know about that. I was just wondering where the eye came into it.

Oh, I know about that. I was just wondering where the eye came into it.

There a are a few of the eyes in the popnut forest. Definitely two, possibly three. The easter egg I was mentioning-- and was unsure if it also contained one of the hidden eyes was
the Journey easter egg. There are three runes in the bottom area that are clearly symbols from Journey. Hit all three and a statues of the flying monster from Journey will be raised. It has a big eye on it as well and I could've sworn that it ticked off the last hidden eye in that area that I needed but I could also easily be mistaken.

Chopper

There a are a few of the eyes in the popnut forest. Definitely two, possibly three. The easter egg I was mentioning-- and was unsure if it also contained one of the hidden eyes was
the Journey easter egg. There are three runes in the bottom area that are clearly symbols from Journey. Hit all three and a statues of the flying monster from Journey will be raised. It has a big eye on it as well and I could've sworn that it ticked off the last hidden eye in that area that I needed but I could also easily be mistaken.
Holy shit, that's awesome. I'll have to try that later!

wouwie

Nice, i didn't know that either. I have been wondering how many of these secrets are present in the game. There are many symbols available and who knows which other combinations are possible. Having finished the game and found all the eyes, i have a feeling i didn't discover everything there is to discover.

Hohokum is a wonderful game. Best i've played so far this year.

Got it on PS4!

dbn1rQm.jpg

Pretty happy with that time, but it wasn't a perfect run.

Noice. I tried to speedrun yesterday before I got distracted by that Polytron hack and it definitely was a lot more difficult than I had anticipated. I'll have to get a good routine down as I was blazing through certain areas and completely dragging my tail in others. Also, that Farm level. Is it random? I swear I didn't have any trouble finding my friend their the first time.

Also, replaying the game and paying more attention to the intro and how your pals scatter about I can definitely see how Hohokum is a giant game of hide-n-seek as others have mentioned, which fits into the playful, whimsical vibe of everything. Really enjoy it.

Wait, that was an easter egg?
I thought there'd be more to the stone snake thing after summoning it, but didn't know it was just a Journey
homage :p

Wait, that was an easter egg?
I thought there'd be more to the stone snake thing after summoning it, but didn't know it was just a Journey
homage :p

I have to imagine it was an easter egg since I completed the game, found all the eyes, etc.. and nothing seemed to be connected to that particular event.

Top Bottom