• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hohokum |OT| Whimsical exploration, presented in Technicolor with awesome music!

jakeellis01

I got first trophy in the game and now my trophy list is bugged on PS4, it would not sync at all now. Even if I get trophies in other games. Why did they release this game so broken? I know lot of people had trouble launching the game as well.

EU version if it does even matter.

Yup, same here, UK version.

Trophies keep popping up but the game is not in the list.

Mockduck

Neo Member
Been digging the game on PS3 and Vita. Don't have a PS4, but the game runs fine on both other consoles. The Vita version has moderately long load times between worlds, but once it loads, everything seems smooth.

I too found the game somewhat off-putting at first due to confusion over how to progress. It's clear that there is something I'm supposed to be doing in each world, but I haven't yet seen much context to help me figure out what that thing is, with a few exceptions (the monkey level, for example.)

However, it's an interesting and creative game, and has overall been fun.

Overall, between PS3 and Vita, I personally think the Vita version is better, because the game just fits into a portable experience well.

SerTapTap

Game does have some framedrops on Vita in the
colorful onion dome level
, which is a pretty big and complicated area, but other than that Vita performance has been great. I finished it up on Vita because my cat kept attacking the TV while I was playing on PS4. Load times are faster on PS4.

jakeellis01

Can anyone explain to me exactly how to get the snake in the farmers area?

It seems
first time around i got the snake immediately (1min tops), cant seem to get it now. Been going up and down over 10 times gathering the colored fruit but nothing.

SerTapTap

It seems
first time around i got the snake immediately (1min tops), cant seem to get it know. Been going up and down over 10 times gathering the colored fruit but nothing.
it's the fruit, don't leave the area and it should come out after quite a few. Dunno if there's a trick but it's definitely how i got it

Alucrid

Banned

It seems
first time around i got the snake immediately (1min tops), cant seem to get it know. Been going up and down over 10 times gathering the colored fruit but nothing.

The area will turn a deep blue and the snake should be green/yellowish standing up in a row of wheat. If you get the blue color and it's not there try and cycle it again

shem935

Banned
Good gosh that
pool party level.
I had no idea what the hell to do for almost an hour and a half and then I randomly
flew through the gap to the dead/alternate reality and was like WTF!!!!!!

SerTapTap

Ugh okay, is there a trick to finding the eyes in the
water spheres level with the sponges?
I've been stuck at 11/12 for days, it's my last one now.

edit: uuuuugh it was
hidden by the water, wait for the water to recede from the sponge to the lower left of the "rotten"/rusty mess you use to kill the octopus

Loving this game, just a few hours in.

Question: Anyone know what to do with the
key, shoe and pineapple folks on the amusement park level?
?

I know where to bring them, but I suspect you need all three on you to activate something other than the initial animation/result at each respective spot. the signs near each statue are still un-colored

Ok, today I unlocked a new "friend" who now hangs out in the Home hub.
He is a white worm and his name is Cecil. I unlocked him from going through the dark cave and bumping into all the treasures in there. It's the cave where you have to touch 4 small rocks to remove the large rock blocking your path. Cecil even came with a small title screen when I unlocked him.
Any other "friends" in the game? And what do they do?

shem935

Banned
He is a white worm and his name is Cecil. I unlocked him from going through the dark cave and bumping into all the treasures in there. It's the cave where you have to touch 4 small rocks to remove the large rock blocking your path. Cecil even came with a small title screen when I unlocked him.

Yes. And nothing.

m@cross

Heh, finished this today including the special guy you get for all eyes found. Just need to do a 6 run and the annoying inclusion trophy from the kite level.

?

I know where to bring them, but I suspect you need all three on you to activate something other than the initial animation/result at each respective spot. the signs near each statue are still un-colored

Nothing. They don't do anything. Spent the longest time there trying.

They
provide shortcuts back at the tutorial hub. I'm pretty sure the point of the game is to unlock all of the friends.

banagher

giphy.gif

Finished it last night, all eyes and just under nine hours! The sense of freedom is awesome and when you understand what to do at each level, with no arrows and objectives, you feel, well, smart. Music is phenomenal and those colours!
Had the trophy-not-unlocking problem, but is synced yesterday, and when I received another trophy, the rest of them was there. Captivating game with wonderful art!

panda-zebra

Came to this game directly after playing through lots of P.T. A welcome change of scenery but a similar feeling of being dropped in and left to get on with things. I do like that. It's a big hit with my frobisher-fanboi son, too.

jakeellis01

After my third playthrough (new game) I realized that this a game of Hide and Seek, so epic!

In the beginning, you gather all your 'friends' in the hub, you go to the middle spot, press square for 10 seconds (square makes his eyes close), while the others go hide.

At the end... after you eventually find where all the 'friends' are hidden...
the next friend goes to the spot and closes his eyes for 10 seconds, and that's when the credits start rolling.

Still wow myself about the simplistic but artistic brilliance of the game.

So bloody awesome. Did anyone notice this? Or am I that naive that I got this on my 3rd playthrough?

SerTapTap

?

They do
NOTHING. YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR. The actual solution to the area doesn't involve them, nor do any eyes or trophies. Best I can tell the animation is all they do.

Chopper

This game reminds me of whem I first started Fez. I just keep going through doors, with absolutely no idea what I'm doing or where I'm going.

davidjwallace

Neo Member
Good gosh that
pool party level.
I had no idea what the hell to do for almost an hour and a half and then I randomly
flew through the gap to the dead/alternate reality and was like WTF!!!!!!

I've literally been playing this level for hours and still have no idea what to do.

SerTapTap

I've literally been playing this level for hours and still have no idea what to do.
Go to the "future" with drab music, touch the clouds to take them to the elephant, then take him to the past and dump him in the pool, then go farther to the past to see a ton of elephants, the snake is in the bottom. That's what I did anyway, not sure if all steps are required

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm desperate here. I've been everywhere in this game except for this so-called "kite" level. I cannot find it. Somebody help me out before I go crazy.

I'm desperate here. I've been everywhere in this game except for this so-called "kite" level. I cannot find it. Somebody help me out before I go crazy.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this works:

From the main popnut forest screen with the eye guy, go into the left of the three portals near the bottom. You should be able to get to the wedding screen from there, and then to the kite festival from there. If you have the wedding portal open in the main hub, you should be able to warp straight there and then into the kite screen. Let me know if this doesn't work.

Top Bottom