• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOLY SHITE...Anyone else get Kingdom Under Fire?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
unkasa said:
Since you've played it, can you briefly elaborate upon what separates it from DW? XBN panned the game's graphics, saying they're average; they also mentioned the camera being a headache. I've never been fond of the DW series, thinking it tedious, but I've read some good things the way battles are realized in KUF. Is it repetitive? Are the backgrounds barren?

The immediate contrasts I would make are this...it's graphically more impressive. The detail, the clarity, the effects, the lack of major slowdown. I'll be honest...I was a little confused by that part of their critique. Occasionally the camera can be annoying as it can follow a marching army at a bad angle or end up under a tree, but it never seems to do so when you're in direct comand of a battle.

In DW I often find myself thinking...how can I complete this one objective and find the necessary power ups to kill the generals/heroes I'll need to kill, etc. In KUF I often have to consider how I'll necessarily use my different troop types to pass a goal or map portion. It can be difficult in a more strategic manner. That and the fact that you have to be comfortable using the mini-map and different troops in a manner suiting your position.

On the other hand, the hand to hand combat is not as deep (sort of) though it is quite satisfying. I kind of think that if you found DW's repetition too grating that there's the possibility this games strengths might not be enough of a salve.

Still, I think the presentation is very high-grade and it's worth trying to suit your taste.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Ok mission 11 for Gerald is pissing me off now, I think i've done it 10 times, every time I fail because of that stupid Ecclasian army you have to rescue after the mammoth dies. They get absolutely annhilated before I can even get to them, its so ridiculous.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
Schafer said:
Ok mission 11 for Gerald is pissing me off now, I think i've done it 10 times, every time I fail because of that stupid Ecclasian army you have to rescue after the mammoth dies. They get absolutely annhilated before I can even get to them, its so ridiculous.

I used following:Gerald,Paladin,Archers,Bomberwing and Storm Riders,first you go support allies with archers,forget balistas when one is destroyed a new one appears so help them with archers and use paladins to support the rest of your troops while healing your paladins with Gerald,using him if needed,when mamoth is about to die send your troops up the map hunting the archers,and send the B wing and storm riders(they are very resistant against archers,in direct fight they can kill a dark archer troop without loosing even a fifth of thier life) to support you,send gerald,and your flying units straigt to the ecclesian army and heal them with Paladins while protecting them with Gerald,archers and your other units,you have to beat this part so that gerald has at least half of troop,because after on you will face regnier again and all you have to do i wait a few minutes while he kills your army,campaign over.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
If this game had the combat depth of DW it would have been game of the year for me.

Though i did find that there arent many missions that cant be completed by charging around the field with your cavalry and leaving the rest of the units where they start.

Top Bottom