• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland: Season 3 - |Pledge Allegiance|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
wait wait, Finn is dead? The VP's son who was Dana's boyfriend last year?

Was he in the explosion?

His father was the VP and the bomb went off at his funeral, so I'm assuming both the VP's wife and son were killed along with all the CIA people.

Omzz

The mole is presumably still out there. If its Saul that would be kinda hilarious.

Im sure theyll get to that subplot soon enough.

The mole part was interesting when they introduced it in Season 1, but it's Season 3 and we still don't know who it is. I don't care about it anymore and just hope the writers forgot about it. They have stretched that aspect far too long for them to bring it back again.

The mole part was interesting when they introduced it in Season 1, but it's Season 3 and we still don't know who it is. I don't care about it anymore and just hope the writers forgot about it. They have stretched that aspect far too long for them to bring it back again.

Yep. It would either have to be someone we've hardly seen, which is boring and pointless, or someone like Saul which would be implausible even by this show's lax standards of plausibility.

Maybe there is some third way to bring it back, but I'm not seeing it.

dLMN8R

I don't disagree with this, but why we do have a Lifetime after school special in the middle of our spy/terrorist/national security TV show?

At the end of the day, I just don't care about the Brodys, and the writers are dedicating a ton of time to them.

I don't get this criticism at all. How is the Brody family dealing with things Brody did any less important than any other character on the show dealing with their own personal tragedies as a result of Brody?

"Lifetime after school special"? That seems like a really reductive way of describing "family of a terrorist is learning how to deal with having a terrorist for a husband and father".

This really seems similar to criticisms of female characters in other shows like Breaking Bad. If the situation was exactly reversed - a mother who is a terrorist, and a father and son trying to cope with it - I cannot honestly imagine people criticising it in the same way.

In a show about spies, terrorists, and national security, the family directly related to a terrorist seems like a pretty important topic to discuss. And if it was handled poorly, surely it's fair to criticize, but complaining about its mere existence? Give me a break.

War Eagle

First post in this thread guys, and I have not really read through the other 10 or so pages, so forgive me if this is mentioned often.

I've been watching this show since season one. How did this show go from the brilliance of season 1 to borderline unwatchable?

jtb

Banned
Call me crazy but I want more Brody and more Quinn and less Dana and less crazy Carrie.

hopefully we can get competent Carrie back now that she's (presumably) back on her meds. it's hard to remember at this point, but once upon a time during season one ... Carrie was actually good at her job! it would be nice if the writers returned to that sometime in the next five seasons.

I'm not opposed to more Brody as long as there's a good plot attached to it. same with Dana even, but this doesn't seem to be much of an improvement over the garbage she had in S2.

Quinn has been one of the highlights of the show ever since he was introduced, though I hope he doesn't get too soft on us.

4uwsab.jpg

Estes lives on in Killzone: Shadow Fall! Kinda cool, I really liked the character. Shame he had to be killed off.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Damian Lewis To Narrate Bonus ‘Homeland’ Story on Audible

Immediately following the airing of the third episode of the new season of the Showtime drama Sunday, viewers can go to Audible.com to download the free, halfhour audio story performed by Lewis as his character in the show, Nicholas Brody. The extension will directly tie into a plotline introduced in the first few episodes of the current season.

“The Audible ‘Homeland’ story has allowed my character, Nick Brody, to forge a more intimate and personal connection with the show’s fans, adding additional layers and depth to the plot points unveiled this season,” said Lewis in a statement.

“With the new season of Homeland in full swing, strategically it is important to explore new mediums and methods of reaching our consumers which includes the large fan base of the show,” added Fox Consumer Products exec global sales and retail veep Roz Nowicki.

Tugatrix

Didn't Homeland gaf wanted Brody killed last year? What happen why is gaf now calling for Brody?

I want Brody back too, and never wanted him death

Omzz

Chris has the most positive attitude on the show or just does not give a fuck. Your dad was a terrorist, your sister just tried to kill herself, yet stil doesn't seem to be bothered in the slightest

Angry Fork

Didn't Homeland gaf wanted Brody killed last year? What happen why is gaf now calling for Brody?

I want Brody back too, and never wanted him death

He should have been killed in S1 finale. The lack of balls at that perfect moment was the beginning of the downward spiral for this show and when Showtime's dripping saliva and dirty fingerprints started showing up.

Dany

Banned
Chris has the most positive attitude on the show or just does not give a fuck. Your dad was a terrorist, your sister just tried to kill herself, yet stil doesn't seem to be bothered in the slightest
I wonder if the show is going to do a 180. Considering how little screen time that bugger gets I wonder how he is coping.

I wonder if the show is going to do a 180. Considering how little screen time that bugger gets I wonder how he is coping.
I think the writers are keeping Chris off screen as much as possible because it's obvious the actor went through puberty since S1. The show covers what, a year, 9 months? Something like that. And yet Chris has gone from pipsqueak to NBA size in that period of time. Hell, GAF wondered at the start of S2 why they had replaced the actor, only to find they hadn't.

Ekdrm2d1

Best episode of the season. The first 30 minutes as all about Brody in Venezuela!

Loved the ending, cringe worthy. Both Brody and Carie are in their own hell, curled up in the corner of the room all drugged up.

That Venezuelan lady was pretty. The show needs more of her :p

Ekdrm2d1

God, what a boring episode.

:lol

Totally the opposite of what I had to say. I thought you guys hated Carrie and Dana. This episode had zero Dana in it! The first 30 minutes had zero Carrie!

I enjoyed it.. Different than the typical Washington, DC family drama.

royalan

Best episode of the season. The first 30 minutes as all about Brody in Venezuela!

Loved the ending, cringe worthy. Both Brody and Carie are in their own hell, curled up in the corner of the room all drugged up.

That Venezuelan lady was pretty. The show needs more of her :p

I think I'd be able to enjoy the parallels if they weren't so hamfisted and obvious. They did this last week with Dana. Might as well change the came of the show to "Homeland: WE ARE CARRIE MATHISON".

jtb

Banned
In the same feature, you also said, “The more compromised storytelling is to keep [Brody] alive and to keep him bubbling along somehow. It’s the executives who write that version.” Do you still feel that way? Do you want to clarify?

Lewis: No, I think I was pretty clear. There were so many surprising elements in the writing of Brody, and I think it surprised the writers, the executives, me, the audience. I think they didn’t anticipate or expect that Homeland was going to be a love story. I think Homeland is a CIA show and I think the love story was so compelling, and they wrote it so brilliantly, and people became so engaged in it, that it just slightly ambushed everybody. Suddenly, they had this really surprising, unexpected, complex, difficult character in Brody, and he is interesting and unpredictable. It made him exciting. I think they just loved writing for him. At the same time I think it wasn’t always necessarily the plan. So it just illustrates to you how brilliant the writers are because of the spontaneity of some of the decision making. You don’t always know how people are going to respond to your show, what kind of show it’s going to be, and we have a brilliant, brilliant show that works on so many different levels. I don’t think Brody’s being alive still has compromised the show at all. I think it’s added to it.

right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom