• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland: Season 3 - |Pledge Allegiance|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great episode. What are the Venezuelans wanting with Brody? It's obviously not the reward money. I'm calling Brody having sex with the daughter since the head shaving scene.

So how did the most wanted man in the universe get from Canada to Venezuela without anybody noticing? Why are these people not just turning him in? And why are the pushing the heroine on him for no reason? And why is he unable to elucidate his motivations for wanting to leave and clear his name and figure out who was actually behind the attack? And why do the runners of this show not seem to understand that we aren't watching it to see Claire Danes act insane in a mental hospital all the time, but because we want to see a show about counterterrorism and shit like that?

One of the worst episodes of TV I've ever seen. Up there with Fly in pointless irritating bullshittiness. It's just completely disconnected from what I liked about the show at this point. It's like playing an Assassin's Creed game where they keep deviating further and further from what makes their games fun and nobody seems to notice except me that they've completely lost the plot.

dLMN8R

I really love the pace of these last two episodes.

For its first two seasons, Homeland has been so incredibly fast-paced with far too little room to breath. Its best episodes in the first two seasons were where things just slowed down, enabling character to grow instead of plot point after plot point.

The first was somewhat mediocre, but these past two have done a fantastic job building that character, exploring the absolute hopeless situations they're both in, and making it next to impossible to think of how they can get out of it.

Darko

Please don't tell me this episode is all Brody. Jesus.

T0307f.jpg
[/IMG]

LordCanti

This was a better episode than last week, but I'm still not loving crazy Carrie and her current situation. Brody's situation doesn't make a whole lot of sense right now, but I guess they probably know where they're going with it.

At least there was no Dana, right?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I actually enjoyed that episode. Hm. I appreciated the slower pace and I liked seeing the bizarre situation that Brody has ended up in. I literally have no idea where they will go with his character this season. That heroin pushing doctor guy has a very eerie presence. I wonder where they're going with this?

Also, no Dana was a big plus.

Dany

Banned
Heroine doctor was neat. I liked some of carries story but none of Brody clicked. I just do not care a whole lot what goes on with him.

I have absolutely zero clue how brody will get out of this situation lol. I'll actually give the writers props if they think of a good way to keep him alive after this rather than kill him off. I just don't see it.

edit: good episode.

Dysun

Brody stuff went on a bit longer than I thought, but it was definitely a step up from the Brody family at home taking up half the shows focus.

Darko

I have absolutely zero clue how brody will get out of this situation lol. I'll actually give the writers props if they think of a good way to keep him alive after this rather than kill him off. I just don't see it.

edit: good episode.

Carries connection with the captures is whats keeping him alive so Im guessing thats what will get him out eventually..

Pedo doctor was creepy as hell.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Martina Garcia is a pretty lady.

For a show about spies, intelligence and counter terrorism, this episode had none of it.

Brody's alive... we spend like 40 minutes with him and don't even get a hint at why his saviors want to keep him. That felt less mysterious, more stalling.

Isn't she like 14?

Not at all.

Carries connection with the captures is whats keeping him alive so Im guessing thats what will get him out eventually..

Pedo doctor was creepy as hell.
it would be crazy unbelievable for her to concoct a scheme to prove his innocence and get him out of there without anyone spotting and snitching. I don't know. Then again this is homeland.

Darko

it would be crazy unbelievable for her to concoct a scheme to prove his innocence and get him out of there without anyone spotting and snitching. I don't know. Then again this is homeland.

Brody did make a videocall with a blackberry last season, anything is possible.

royalan

Martina Garcia is a pretty lady.

For a show about spies, intelligence and counter terrorism, this episode had none of it.

Brody's alive... we spend like 40 minutes with him and don't even get a hint at why his saviors want to keep him. That felt less mysterious, more stalling.

Not at all.

This.

Honestly, as refreshing as I thought it would be to see what Brody was up to, his arc seems to be stuck right now. Like, I saw enough of him to have the question of "What's Brody been up to?" answered, but the answer to that seems to be "not much, really", nor were there any interesting stakes as far as what he's doing in Venezuela goes. So frankly, until that changes, I wouldn't mind not seeing Brody again. Not until they actually give him something to do that matters to show as a whole, and not just "Brody's Completely Unrelated Adventures in Venezuela."

And strangely, by the end of this episode I WANTED more Carrie, because it seems like her arc is finally about to get moving.

I asked for less Dana, so I was really happy to get that. But I also asked for more spies and intelligence stuff, goddammit. You can't win 'em all, I suppose.

Chris R

I asked for less Dana, so I was really happy to get that. But I also asked for more spies and intelligence stuff, goddammit. You can't win 'em all, I suppose.

But that stuff was in this episode too. Who was the lawyer working for? What are Spiderman's connections to Carrie and what are his plans for Brody? How did Brody end up in South America?

Sure these are mostly questions and not as spy/intelligence related as the other South American exercises from earlier in the season, but my hope is this is the stuff that gets us there.

NYR

Brody storyline is WEAK. Character should have been killed off last season like was planned before everyone orgasming at the awards they were winning, particularly by Brody. Showtime ruins another one of its shows, Dexter was just the start.

With that said, this was the best EP of the season.

LordCanti

It all kind of hinges on whatever reason they're going to find for some random Venezuelan thugs to keep him alive. I don't really buy that Carrie has anything to do with it considering where she currently is, but Quinn worked out of South America didn't he?

rakhir

Martina Garcia was way to pretty for the role, she was constantly distracting me. There's no way she would be staying in that shithole, even if she was a daughter of the 'owner'.

Sean

Banned
I'm liking this season so far, but it needs to start picking up the pace a bit. We're three episodes in already and it just feels like some kind of extended epilogue so far. There's no real exciting story hook yet.

squidyj

I'm liking this season so far, but it needs to start picking up the pace a bit. We're three episodes in already and it just feels like some kind of extended epilogue so far. There's no real exciting story hook yet.

the last thing they need to do is pick up the pace. picking up the pace gave us season 2. do you want season 2 again? DO YOU?

That said, I liked how there was no Dana in this episode but some of those shots with the building looked godawful. Brody's story wobbled along, it was good in one moment and then careening through caricature the next. The first scene with the Doctor and the operating table I really liked, but when he started pontificating on the philosophical meaning of the uncompleted construction tower and Brody's place in the world it really turned me off of the character.

Good episode, thoroughly enjoyed that one. Homeland slightly back on the rails?

Shouldn't lull myself into such senses of security, but it was definitely where I want Homeland to be, instead of poncing around the Brody household.

This show....Between crazy Carrie going off the rails in every scene, Brody still...being, and Dana still Danaing, I can't take it. I'd enjoy it 100x more if it focused on Saul and Quinn, the only 2 characters I don't roll my eyes at when they're on screen.

Will I stop watching though? Of course not. smh @ me

Bishop89

why play supernatural at the same time slot as homeland channel 10.. FUCK YOU!

Had to pick supernatural as it looked more interesting and was season opener. The bits i did see on commercial breaks seemed much better than the garbage from the first 2 episodes, so thats a plus.

Will watch when it goes on 10's website.

Quidam

Best episode of the season, and that surprises me given I wish they'd killed off Brody either at the end of season 1 or season 2. I think the whole Venezuelan storyline is actually pretty compelling - it's an in-depth look at a world Homeland never normally visits, and I'm hoping they have a plan for Brody's arc this season that fits into this new setting nicely.

Up there with Fly in pointless irritating bullshittiness

Many of the flaws you pointed out in this episode were true, but this is just unnecessary baiting of people to have a go at you!

Fry

Liking this season so far, only complaint is the plot development that has been inexistent.

But if this season is the opposite of last season, then I'm good.

inm8num2

I feel fucking awful for Carrie. Fuck Saul.

Also, I couldn't help think that the line, "You're not a Muslim. You're a terrorist." was the writers' way of trying to offset criticisms about the show's Islamophobia.

Dany

Banned
I wish this show as less Carrie being crazy and more 24. :/ I guess I should have given up on that a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom