• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland: Season 3 - |Pledge Allegiance|

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
Brilliant episode. Absolutely love the setting of Brody's arch, the parallels between Brody and Carrie's situations were well done, and the doctor was mind numbingly chilling. Oh, and I don't regret looking Martina García up on Google images.

Blader

Thought this latest ep was excruciatingly boring. I almost fell asleep!

I think this show has really lost the plot, particularly since we're three episodes in and there has been no plot to speak of yet. And I'm sick of the back-and-forth on Carrie's mental problems. Watching her go from A to B and back to A over a season is one thing, but over the course of three hours, it's just too fucking repetitive.

Dysun

snoop.png

I really liked Homeland up to this point. Even most of season 2, although things became too ludicrous too fast. But now it feels like that the story's been told. There is basically no need for another season, no reason to further expand on these characters.

But I've already heard that Showtime likes to make living dead out of its shows. So there are probably a lot more nervous breakdowns and crying for Carrie to come.

And now for something completely different: Am I the only one that thinks, the actress portraying Dana looks a lot like a younger Allie Haze?

dubc35

Weird episode. Seems like the series will go 7+ seasons with episodes where really nothing happens.

Am I missing something, why do they keep trying to shoot up Brody? (Besides the initial use for pain medication)

harSon

Banned
Weird episode. Seems like the series will go 7+ seasons with episodes where really nothing happens.

Am I missing something, why do they keep trying to shoot up Brody? (Besides the initial use for pain medication)

So he becomes addicted, and thus dependent on them for a fix?

inm8num2

LOL at that episode summary! The first three words alone are priceless.

Looks like things are going to be back on track after last week's anomaly of spending time with Brody and Carrie.

Downhome

I just caught up on the last two episodes and I loved them, especially the one from last week. I LOVE the doctor that is taking care of Brody as well. I've never seen him before, but I love that actor and character for some reason. I see his name is Erik Dellums and he is otherwise known for The Wire, which I have never seen before (yeah, yeah, I know). I want to see him in a lot more stuff now. As a doctor, a criminal, a serial killer, he would fit it all.

And ugh, enough with Dana running away and doing this and that. I really wish her plotline would end, one way or another.

I just caught up on the last two episodes and I loved them, especially the one from last week. I LOVE the doctor that is taking care of Brody as well. I've never seen him before, but I love that actor and character for some reason. I see his name is Erik Dellums and he is otherwise known for The Wire, which I have never seen before (yeah, yeah, I know). I want to see him in a lot more stuff now. As a doctor, a criminal, a serial killer, he would fit it all.

Erik Dellums was also the voice of Three Dog in Fallout 3. Blew my mind. I knew his voice sounded kind of familiar and then it all clicked into place.

But yeah, he is an amazing actor. He definitely gave the stand out performance in the last episode.

So my DirecTV continues to be on the fritz and for some reason I'm not getting my Showtime channels.

Based on the preview, that's a good thing.

lol that episode summary.

Curious if we'll see Brody tonight, and if not might it be a few more episodes until we do. Show needs more Saul and CIA stuff though!

Chances that the kid Dana is fucking is the son of the banker or the person that bank rolled the terrorist attack? We already know that kid has ulterior motives as seen on Dexter.

Ekdrm2d1

wow. A little slow but the ending was great.

So.. Her being in the hospital due to Saul and the agency was all a ploy to get the meeting?

"It worked Saul" !!!

Best unexpected twist !!!

Not completely unexpected, but nicely executed since there were no innuendos between the two characters in their previous few meetings this season to suggest there was anything left between them but pure vitriolic hatred.

And as always the episode is dragged down by the pointless and uninteresting sequences involving the daughter doing stupid bullshit that nobody cares about. Better than last week's episode, which might as well not have happened for all it added to the story.

Deku Tree

Not completely unexpected, but nicely executed since there were no innuendos between the two characters in their previous few meetings this season to suggest there was anything left between them but pure vitriolic hatred.

And as always the episode is dragged down by the pointless and uninteresting sequences involving the daughter doing stupid bullshit that nobody cares about. Better than last week's episode, which might as well not have happened for all it added to the story.

I am convinced that last week's episode was setup for the future story. It will add to the story for sure over the course of the season, possibly in a big way. My theory is that
Brody is insurance to try to guarantee that Carrie cooperates with the terrorists.

Wow, those final five minutes were fantastic. Such a well done twist. I didn't see it coming at all.

As for Dana's bullshit, well it's bullshit all right.

Blader

Hmm...well that was interesting. Totally expected that scene to go with Carrie trying to leverage her meeting with the lawyers as an attempt to become a double agent for Saul, definitely didn't see that being the intention all along.

And I'm guessing Brody's story factors into the overall plot by way of putting him among the crew that's are running this Iranian's ground operation?

crozier

I still say fuck Saul. He's destroying Carrie's mental health.
I don't think the speech from the lawyer about Carrie being a liability is entirely incorrect either. Saul sold her out once and there's nothing stopping him from doing it again once she's served her purpose.

I don't really get it either....he turned into a giant douche this season seemingly out of the blue.

inm8num2

I don't think the speech from the lawyer about Carrie being a liability is entirely incorrect either. Saul sold her out once and there's nothing stopping him from doing it again once she's served her purpose.

I don't really get it either....he turned into a giant douche this season seemingly out of the blue.

Selling Carrie out in that hearing was a part of their ruse, getting everyone inside the circle or otherwise familiar with the situation to not think for a second that Carrie is secretly working for him.

Still, there are some things to consider. Carrie said, "Fuck you, Saul," when he visited her, and tonight she told him he could have gotten her out earlier. She's clearly paid a deeply personal price for this mission, and no matter what the importance of the goal is I think Saul is a dick.

Also, I cannot stand Dar Adal's character, but it seems inevitable that he and Saul will come to a head. The guy seems to be pulling strings, or thinking he is, so he won't take it kindly when he finds out Saul set this up without letting him in on the secret.

royalan

If it weren't for that twist in the end this would have gone down as one of Homeland's worst episodes.

And, even then, it wasn't enough to make the episode good.

Mairu

I just want Dana to die, is that so wrong?

But seriously, does ANYONE fucking care about her scenes? I don't care about Brody's family anymore.

NYR

Wow.

Twist was great, season redeeming moment - puts the focus back on "homeland" security and beating terrorists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom