• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland: Season 3 - |Pledge Allegiance|

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

Terrorist hands.

I can see it now...

Brody is alone in captivity. He decides to gratify himself. He finds a site with nude self pics of young women. He faps. Then when he sees a larger version of one of the pictures he realizes it's Dana.

Cue Curb Your Enthusiasm music. Cut to credits.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've been going off this show for awhile now, it just doesn't do it for me like it used to. I'm getting really sick of seeing Dana and Carrie's miserable faces.

Why are the Brodys even a focus of attention at this point? I thought the only reason they were moderately interesting in the past was as obstacles to Brody hiding his terrorist activities. Now that he's off to Canada or wherever the fuck he's gone, why are they eating screen time?

I don't know that the showrunner knows what he's doing, or does he just want to torture us with more time with Dana and Chris? Chris seems completely whacked, by the way. Dana is slitting her wrists but Chris is like "weeeee! where's dad i don't care lol let's blow bubbles oh i'm supposed to be 15!!!! weeeee!!!"

Mononoke

Banned
Watched it earlier today and I don't think I can stick around to even hate-watch this thing anymore. It wasn't bad enough. It was just eye-rollingly contrived and bland.

This show needs a serious formula shake up.

Yeah, now imagine this show going 8 seasons. It will happen.

sangreal

Why are the Brodys even a focus of attention at this point? I thought the only reason they were moderately interesting in the past was as obstacles to Brody hiding his terrorist activities. Now that he's off to Canada or wherever the fuck he's gone, why are they eating screen time?

I don't know that the showrunner knows what he's doing, or does he just want to torture us with more time with Dana and Chris? Chris seems completely whacked, by the way. Dana is slitting her wrists but Chris is like "weeeee! where's dad i don't care lol let's blow bubbles oh i'm supposed to be 15!!!! weeeee!!!"

the simple answer is showtime doesn't know how to handle a successful show, as they've proven time and time again

Linius

I must say I don't think it's a bad start this season. Some decent CIA action. Handeling the backlash of the bombing with this committee.

Zach Hamilton creeped over from Dexter apparently.

Anyways, subbed and will keep watching.

Watched the episode.

I'll wait a few more before declaring the show officially, hopelessly beyond repair. But... holy fuck that was not a good start.

(That said, any guesses about whether Saul is legit throwing Carrie under the bus?)

lexi

Banned

No idea. It's like these scenes belong in some other show, they are just so out of place now. Maybe it's padding?

KorrZ

I enjoyed the premiere, I think it set up some interesting things for the rest of the season. I'm assuming this season is going to wrap up the Brody storyline. I'm not sure what all of the hate is about either...10 minutes of Brody's family story out of a 50 minute episode?

I enjoyed the premiere, I think it set up some interesting things for the rest of the season. I'm assuming this season is going to wrap up the Brody storyline. I'm not sure what all of the hate is about either...10 minutes of Brody's family story out of a 50 minute episode?

Felt like more then that but I am not sure why the show should get a pass for 10 minutes of crap

Judderman

drawer by drawer

Felt like a huge chunk of the episode. I did enjoy the CIA parts though, don't get me wrong. It was a C+ or B- episode.

Dany

Banned
Woah, they took away that shitty opening. >_> Also Saul looks increadibly incriminating in that previously of.

I don't want to spoil anything, guys.

But I think that the Brody family might go into therapy.

This is intense. Since mid-Season 1, I've been wondering "Will the Brody family eventually have to go into therapy?"

Actually, I always had two real questions. First, I wondered "Will Abu Nazir hide out in a warehouse in DC, attacking the VP's heart through the internet, eating chips, and waiting to fight Carrie in unarmed combat?" Then, second, I wondered "Will the Brody family eventually have to go into therapy?"

When I got a "Yes" to my first question, I was riveted. But now it looks like a second "Yes." And I don't know what to do. It's too intense.

I don't want to take up too much room in the thread. But I'm basically chewing my fingers to the bone here. I am so nervous.

Will the Brody family go into therapy?

Dysun

I think the more pressing question is will I fast-forward through 10 or 15 minutes of Brody's family tonight
Also, will we ever see Dana's boobs or is the whole world except us going to see them after Dexter Jr leaks them

inm8num2

If the Brody family goes into therapy, this is going to be off the hook.

I can't wait to hear Dana talk about how she feels and watch Chris act like an oblivious imbecile.

jtb

Banned
I don't think there's anything wrong with exploring military families and the fallout from something like the S2 finale. (the fallout is certainly a hell of a lot more compelling than yet another 24-esque-stop-the-bomb plot) But so far the execution's been a bit lacking.

At least they got rid of Mike.

I think.

I hope.

Tugatrix

I don't think there's anything wrong with exploring military families and the fallout from something like the S2 finale. (the fallout is certainly a hell of a lot more compelling than yet another 24-esque-stop-the-bomb plot) But so far the execution's been a bit lacking.

At least they got rid of Mike.

I think.

I hope.

Mike was hired to the FBI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom