• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland: Season 3 - |Pledge Allegiance|

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

GQEg0WV.png

Short ep. Started late, ended early. But I like the slowpace of the show. Reminiscent of season one. Now cut down on dana and ill be content.

royalan

I need a gif of that ending shot. Nice close.

This episode was a bit too heavy on Dana, and I don't mean that as general Dana hate, but I'd really like for the show to get into its grove already. Everything seems like a distraction so far.

Macattk15

Just replace the god damn Dana time with Brody time ... it's an easy solution.

I FEEL ... i really feel .... like that episode was kind of a small closure on Dana and where she's at. Hopefully they will move past her now and make her a minimal focus. PLZ SHOTIME PLZ.

Ekdrm2d1

Good episode though. Wonder if the CIA is really "doing that" to Carrie.

I think I was right before the episode. Carrie started to mouth-shiver within like the first 10 seconds!

On this season of Homeland Brody must return to the United States to save his daughter, Dana, FROM A COUGAR TRAP!

Seriously, what is going on with Homeland???

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't mind focusing on the affect that last season had on the family, but teen angst is sort of not what I want to watch the show for.

That said, I'm also tired of Carrie bugging out. It just feels like she's going through the motions to get an Emmy nod for next year for basically doing the same thing.

Fuck at this point I'm pretty sure Dana got more screen time than Carrie or Saul this week. This show really hurts without Brody.

mm04

I'm also tired of Carrie bugging out. It just feels like she's going through the motions to get an Emmy nod for next year for basically doing the same thing.

Yeah, I'm starting to get annoyed by it. Right now, neither Carrie or Dana are garnering any sympathy from me. Hell, Fara along with Quinn are my new top 2 reasons for watching.

Omzz

fuck carrie and fuck brodys family. they are easily the least interesting characters on this show. at this point i wouldn't mind if they make it adventures of saul and peter

foxtrot3d

Banned
I'm sorry are we supposed to feel sympathy for Carrie? I don't get it, she's acting like she has nothing to answer for and is totally innocent. Did she forget that she carried on a romantic relationship with Brody? That she let him escape into Canada without telling anybody? That she knows that Brody is responsible for the death of the VP of the US and said nothing?

So how is Saul the bad guy for finally getting tired of her shit?

sangreal

I'm sorry are we supposed to feel sympathy for Carrie? I don't get it, she's acting like she has nothing to answer for and is totally innocent. Did she forget that she carried on a romantic relationship with Brody? That she let him escape into Canada without telling anybody? That she knows that Brody is responsible for the death of the VP of the US and said nothing?

So how is Saul the bad guy for finally getting tired of her shit?

couldn't agree more, but in her defense she does think Brody was set-up. Oh no, they used me as an anonymous scapegoat!

I'm okay with not relating to Carrie's position though. I just wish they would stop taking her off her meds, because she is a lot more interesting when she is coherent

antonz

Too much Dana but it does seem like they are at least getting her to a point they can minimize her some.

All the stuff with Carrie is reasonable enough to expect in that situation. Saul would never let them kill her and Quinn certainly wouldn't do it so best course of action is loony bin.

45 million is likely to lead back to whoever the CIA mole is. Quinn giving the banker his warning was badass and well done scene after the smugness of those fucks.

hamchan

Why must Dana take up half these episode? Why? It's like they couldn't write enough story for the Carrie and Saul parts, the bits people care about, so they have to write these crappy teenage drama for Dana.

Claire Danes is very good at acting crazy. She turned it up to 11 this ep.
Everything that's happening to her is her own fault. Seems to me that Saul and her family are just trying to help her but she's become a paranoid mess and thinks that Saul is just trying to get at her. I wonder when the proving Brody is innocent part begins.

Also yeah, you could pretty much skip season 2, go from season 1 to 3, and this would all make sense. Just have to fill in a few blanks here and there like Carrie liking Brody now and Brody surviving instead of being blown up himself.

NYR

Dear Showtime,

More 24, less Dawson's creek.

kthxbai.

Seriously though the bank stuff was really great - the rest, meh.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
A pretty good episode that was unfortunately drained of any and all agency every time Dana stepped in front of the camera. Good lord.

Other thoughts:

They changed some of the dialogue in the opening credits. Took out the "OH FUCK SAUL I MISSED SOMETHING!!" and replaced it with "You are the smartest and the dumbest fucking person I've ever known!".

Dana said that "The second 9/11 was all anyone talked about for a month and a half." Really? People only talked about it for a month and a half?

I hate that, in the process of turning Dana into the third pillar of the show, Jessica's been reduced to a shrill worried/nagging mother cliche. Morena Baccarin deserves much better than that.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop the new Muslim agent/analyst/financial adviser lady.

If the Brody family goes into therapy, this is going to be off the hook.

I can't wait to hear Dana talk about how she feels and watch Chris act like an oblivious imbecile.

Or they could just not include Chris in the family therapy sessions at all! lol!

I JUST WANT IT TO BE US AND APPLIANCES

I can't believe this is a real line of dialogue. oh my god

Pretty much.

That said, I'm also tired of Carrie bugging out. It just feels like she's going through the motions to get an Emmy nod for next year for basically doing the same thing.

Agreed. It feels like we've already seen this storyline before. The writers need to move past this whole "Krazy Karrie" thing they seem to be so obsessed with.

Jeez, Saul was a real dick to that new girl (Fara I think?). I'm going out on a limb here and saying that her and Quinn are going to get it on at some point.

I never thought I'd be saying this but I really wish Brody makes his reappearance next week.

LordCanti

Carrie probably got exactly what she needed, even if Saul's methods (or the other guys, I guess, since he said he'd handle it) aren't the best. That's kind of what happens when you shout secrets in the middle of a restaurant, go to a reporter, and refuse to take your meds. Quinn's right though; They did push her into it by consistently keeping her out of the loop even though Saul knew exactly how she'd take it.

I know this sounds bad, but it really pained me to hear Dana say she wants to live now.

Dana will last long enough to show us her boobs, at which point we'll all quietly wonder to ourselves if we ever wanted that anyway. Some of us will come to the conclusion that no, we didn't want that.

If they go for the obvious and have the boy leak the topless photo she sent him, and that leads to a suicide attempt, this show is official a teen drama.

Love the show however I CANT FUCKING STAND DANA! Thank god I can fastforward during her scenes!

Enough with this fucking family, kick them out of the show and just focus on chasing terrorists !

squidyj

I just realized why we're going to see so much more of dana this season and I hope I'm wrong because I don't like the plotline i see going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom