• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 4 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Hows this season playing out fellas. Kinda gave up after last seasons mediocrity . Been better than the last two?

For me, it's the most consistent season since season one. Hasn't really had any of those awful lows that plagued season 2 and 3. That's just me.

Hows this season playing out fellas. Kinda gave up after last seasons mediocrity . Been better than the last two?

It's been a damn good season overall for me. Change of location for most of the season had a lot to do with it. Miles better than the last 2.

JonCha

In the UK we're an episode behind. I think this season has been the best since season 2; fantastic so far. So much tension. It's great.

Another short episode tonight, 44 minutes according to Showtime's site, but I'm damn excited seeing how much plot they packed into basically the same amount of time last week.

Time to watch Quinn fuck some shit up.

Every single episode has been about 45 minutes since season 2. Used to it by this point.

Can't think of another premium cable hour-long that runs this short, though. I remember some episodes of Deadwood used to run awfully close to the 40 minute mark back in the day, but it was pretty rare.

NYR

Last week's episode was the most watched episode of the season, and 11th highest in the series history.

People are figuring out this show is good again.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Last 5mins.
ibhak4RByGA0Ff.gif

When Carrie had her gun out, but seriously wtf was that Ayan's flashback? that's the stupidest shit ever. She fell in love with the boi and was going to kill Hakani and kill herself for that? like wtffff, I wish they had something else in the flashback. Well may be something like embassy attack and all the dead bodies or fucking soul phone call? shit like this makes me more angry

hbkdx12

Last 5mins.
ibhak4RByGA0Ff.gif

When Carrie had her gun out, but seriously wtf was that Ayan's flashback? that's the stupidest shit ever. She fell in love with the boi and was going to kill Hakani and kill herself for that? like wtffff, I wish they had something else in the flashback. Well may be something like embassy attack and all the dead bodies or fucking soul phone call? shit like this makes me more angry
the whole thing was weird because just seconds before she was telling quinn not to blow the bomb but then was ready to kill hakani in broad daylight and because she got a flashback about her boy lover? i wish she wasnt so emotional about trivial things

kirblar

(feel like I've written this before) Carrie's always been emotionally driven- it'd be out of character for her to be cold/rational 100% of the time.

Dat ending tho.

BeforeU

Boy, that suggestion in the comments that
Dar Adal was the CIA mole in S1
could be right on the money.

And at the end of S2? That SUV placement? We still dont know who leaked Brody's tape and put his SUV there right?

Natiko

Banned
That ending though. This has been a phenomenal season aside from a couple corny moments. Definitely glad to see it return to form, can't wait to see where they go next.

jtb

Banned
really underwhelming episode. everything seemed way too easy. felt like this episode could and should have been stretched out to three or four episodes, really just focusing on the spycraft of it all.

and as for the end,
I don't think it was implying he was a mole (that would be a terrible way to reveal it) so much as the whole thing was some kind of false-flag way of getting the Pakistani tribes and the Pakistani government in favor with the US. or something. not unlike flipping Javadi in Iran, I suppose.

if he's a mole, that would just be dumb. I'm so over moles.

edit: idk what the spoiler policy is for this thread so I'll just spoiler everything

ok, why is the Pakistani government protecting Haqqani, officially ? I thought they wanted to kill him just like the Americans did, and only the female ISI bitch was on his side ? I don't get it anymore. Who's on who's side ?

anyways, great episode. The great buildup was kinda deflated at the end though.

edit: they also missed the opportunity to dedicate the episode to James Rebhorn.

Dysun

I knew something was shady about showing Dar Adal on the "Previously on" intro. Thought it was strange he had been MIA all year, but I figured they had written him out or he was casted in another show

Intrigued by where this is heading

Pretty sure Dar Adal staged the whole partnership with ISI and Haqani to bolster US's hard stand against terrorism, since the world saw the US embassy getting infiltrated by the terrorists and killed the citizens, which makes the US's foreign policy on war on terrorism mush harsher. The means justify the ends and all that.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
edit: idk what the spoiler policy is for this thread so I'll just spoiler everything

It's the same as in all the other TV GAF threads - once it's aired on the East Coast, it's fair game. There's no need to spoiler tag anything that happened in tonight's episode.

yoplay

Smh. Carrie stops Quinn from blowing up Haqani, but then decides that she is going to shoot him herself. This is the type of writing I expect from 24. I'm done after next weeks finale.

Smh. Carrie stops Quinn from blowing up Haqani, but then decides that she is going to shoot him herself. This is the type of writing I expect from 24. I'm done after next weeks finale.

Well, to be fair, Carrie is not a sane/rational person and at least her plan wouldn't have involved the deaths of dozens of innocent bystanders.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Some weeks, it's an embarrassing shadow of its former self; in others, it's as gripping and devastating as it's ever been. Sometimes, it's the Crazy Carrie Hour; at others, it's just a taut spy thriller with a heroine who doesn't think quite like her colleagues. One week, Quinn is in love with Carrie and desperate to get out of the Agency before one more innocent person dies by his hand; another, he's gone full Jack Bauer and will kill as many people as is necessary to get Haqqani.

I think that may have been a misinterpretation, as the "clues" that Quinn was in love with Carrie were pretty vague to begin with and they have done absolutely nothing with that "storyline" since then.

No Quinn! Don't!

[PTSD about her fuck toy getting shot]

IMA KILL HIM I SWEAR.

Dumbest. Cunt. On. Television.

I hope she dies. I really hope at some point they kill her. Why the fuck did I end up watching this season when I told myself not to. Ugh

Matt

No Quinn! Don't!

[PTSD about her fuck toy getting shot]

IMA KILL HIM I SWEAR.

Dumbest. Cunt. On. Television.

I hope she dies. I really hope at some point they kill her. Why the fuck did I end up watching this season when I told myself not to. Ugh
Not that I'm a huge fan of Carrie's, but...you're all wrong thinking that her actions don't follow an internal logic. She didn't want Quinn to kill Haqani because she couldn't stand losing someone else, which doesn't mean she herself isn't willing to die for that cause.

I think that may have been a misinterpretation, as the "clues" that Quinn was in love with Carrie were pretty vague to begin with and they have done absolutely nothing with that "storyline" since then.

Well, you are quoting the person who named The Leftovers his favorite show of 2014, so would you really be surprised if he got something else wrong?

Great episode tonight.

kirblar

Yeah, that seemed like the showrunners were trolling the audience with the superiors' misinterpretation. Whatever their relationship is, it isn't romantic.

I think some people aren't considering Carrie's state of mind in that final scene. She sees the man that caused her all kinds of suffering and killed her friends and in addition to all of that, her dad just died. Top it off with the fact that she is literally an insane person deep down and I think it makes sense that she would decide to kill him herself (plus, as I pointed out previously, Quinn's plan involved the death of numerous innocent bystanders).

cameron

Argh. Those last few minutes were frustrating to watch.

One more episode left. It better be satisfying after all this.

Edit: Ha. Just remembered Carrie's snarky line to the German lady about Quinn's support, "Are you it? You and your Volkswagen."

BeforeU

I think some people aren't considering Carrie's state of mind in that final scene. She sees the man that caused her all kinds of suffering and killed her friends and in addition to all of that, her dad just died. Top it off with the fact that she is literally an insane person deep down and I think it makes sense that she would decide to kill him herself (plus, as I pointed out previously, Quinn's plan involved the death of numerous innocent bystanders).

You know I get all of this. If only they would have showed that as her motivation to kill him in bright day light. But instead they showed her kid lover getting shot, implying that was her motivation for the suicide mission; which was just fucking dumb.

kingkitty

I like how it's the Aayan flashback that makes her do something stupid. Not the death of many of her colleagues. Not even Fara. No it gotta be Aayan. Someone you were probably going to fucking drone strike along with the mastermind terrorist if it wasn't for Saul being in the picture.

I don't want to be too hard on this episode, I thought it was fine but I just did not dig those last few minutes. I thought her motivation to pull the trigger was all out of whack. Especially after all that effort she went to stopping Quinn. Even after she had a one-on-one webcam session with Brody Jr the Second. I thought something would go through her mind, like maybe she has to live for her child. Or help her sister after the father's death.

No she wants to commit suicide because of Aayan.

It's sad he died, yes, but...sigh. And that Adal twist...I hope that doesn't go stupid. I hope the season finale has a strong landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom