• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 4 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Were Carrie and Saul literally the only people to survive the rocket attack? And then they survive the followup sniper attack, too. Amazing.

"Who cares about the hostages, we have a job to .... oh no a named character is being threatened, OKAY LET'S OPEN THE DOOR!" :p

Fucking stupid. Lockhart proves to be spineless, naive and incompetent. And then, after someone - the president no less - finally decides Carrie shouldn't be station chief or involved in Pakistan at all, he lets her go rogue with Quinn. Sure, what could go wrong...

Sean

Banned
This episode was pretty much directly lifted from 24
Season 7's White House siege
, literally the exact same scenarios and shit.

It was badass though. This season has been fantastic.

Another awesome episode that went by in a flash. Felt really bad to see Farah go like that. And it sucked seeing Max absolutely broken after everything went down.

cameron

Dennis is such a muppet, but all his scenes were great. Fucker had my sympathy for a good moment.

The high marine body count at the convoy ambush site was dumb. And I didn't care for how the embassy siege played out.

Everything after was better. Since there's no pretense of believability, might as well let Quinn give everyone a beat down. Don't think he's going to make it, though.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Quinn is up there for best character on tv right now.

I usually end up hating characters introduced later on than the shows inception, but he's been so, so good.

Loki

Count of Concision
Does anyone else just DETEST that ISI girl? Wow is she unlikable. Not even just the fact that she's aiding terrorists, but her whole demeanor and attitude.

Yeah buddy, she's a villain. They tend to have those traits.

Anyways, great episode. So glad this show has made a massive improvement over the steaming pile of shit that was season 3.

Does anyone else just DETEST that ISI girl? Wow is she unlikable. Not even just the fact that she's aiding terrorists, but her whole demeanor and attitude.

I think she's hotter than hell. /shrug

Her villainy makes her that much more appealing to me for some reason. lol.

Quinn stopped the drone strike that led to a chain of events that led to many deaths. He will have to sacrifice himself now to undo that mistake. Saul cheated death but the grim reaper will be back for Quinn.

Turin

Banned
She's basically outsmarted everyone so far it seems.

If Quinn dies, we riot.

Word.

h3592F566

Why didn't they swap out those documents in the briefcase with some random crap? Not like the terrorist dude is in a position to start perusing them right then and there.

Cloudy

Banned
That was pretty intense. Kind of over the top for Homeland but oh so good.

Why did they kill Fara with no closure? I can't take 2 of my tv crushes dying in B2B weeks

Someone hold me :(

anaron

Fucking hell at Fara's death. They didn't even develop her much this year and took away one of the more fascinating potential character dynamics.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Fara, no ;__;

Intense episode.

Fucking hell at Fara's death. They didn't even develop her much this year and took away one of the more fascinating potential character dynamics.

Yeah, her character had a lot of promise and it's a shame to see her go. Season 5 is going to have to be even more of a "reboot" than this one, as most of the characters they've introduced this year have already been killed off and it seems as though the Haqqani/ISI stuff will be wrapped by the end of the season.

The episode felt too much like 24. A headquarter getting infiltrated by the terrorists, Quinn is this show's Bauer, terrorist leader getting away with valuable intel. Not complaining, but it's too obvious.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah she's awful. I wish the general dude had the stones to go against her a bit more...

The only bad thing about this episode was having to wait 15 minutes for the next excellent episode of The Affair to start.

I was pretty hyped for Showtime this fall and both of their dramas have wildly exceeded my expectations.

Crazy Carrie arrives in Pakistan - everything goes to shit. The president gives her an order, she ignores it.

Sounds like she will become the head of the CIA next season. ^^

Zaph

Looks like Quinn's about to go full 24 mode. I'm totally okay with this so long as they give him Jack Bauer-esque plot armour. I like Carrie more than most, but she needs great supporting characters.

Pour one out for Fara :( She was becoming a great agent.

Tugatrix

Quinn the hero this show needed, goddamn kicking ass all around. That play with phones and Ghazi was also brilliant, I want him to solve this and get Haqqani. Quinn is quickly becoming Jack Bauer heir...

Lockhart was a disappointment, here I was praising him for his attitude on the later episodes and then he does what it did in this episode.

Fara's death was totally unnecessary, it added nothing to the show

woen

One of the best episode of this season and of the whole series since a long time.

Pretty intense, well directed, the plot is solid, the characters are all well written, and you don't have any more stupid romance this time. The second part lacked of something though.

I liked Fara. :(
I loathe her.

I just hope she has some richly deserved comeuppance impending.

kurahador

Looks like Quinn's about to go full 24 mode. I'm totally okay with this so long as they give him Jack Bauer-esque plot armour. I like Carrie more than most, but she needs great supporting characters.

Nah...Quinn is totally going to bite it this season because the writer will wants to assure us this show ain't 24.

Really hope this season doesn't ends on a cliffhanger. I need to see that ISI girl murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom