• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 4 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
FUCK middle of the episode, damn fara.

Yes quinn, FLAY Ha!

of course he didn't kill himself. he's so fucking weak

Mudcrab

I hope that's not the last we see of the ambassador's husband. I need to see that dude get more of a comeuppance than him being driven off in a SUV in shame. Show me his life being awful even it's just for a second. It's a testament to the improvements in this show that a non-suicide has me so fired up.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Does anyone else just DETEST that ISI girl? Wow is she unlikable. Not even just the fact that she's aiding terrorists, but her whole demeanor and attitude.

She's an amazing bad guy. The Anti-Carrie. Cool and calculating and evil. And so goddamn hot.

mnannola

I really like Lockhart this year. I mean sure he is a dick, but I can see why he makes the decisions he does. A real believable character.

kirblar

I really like Lockhart this year. I mean sure he is a dick, but I can see why he makes the decisions he does. A real believable character.
Until they sacrifice all the character development in favor of him servicing the plot, unfortunately.

Really wish they had handled that differently- maybe have him stash it somewhere and have him try to use it to bargain out of desperation. (Us vs Them)

I'm surprised people thought the Lockhart part was a bit out of character. My read on him all along was that he is nothing but a softy, that's why he puts up such a hardass front.

Tugatrix

I'm surprised people thought the Lockhart part was a bit out of character. My read on him all along was that he is nothing but a softy, that's why he puts up such a hardass front.

yeah is not completely out of character but, come on the guy have been acting though on later episodes. I can only analyse what happen as he is only though when on a purely political field, on the field he cracks

And yeah ISI gal is the anti-Carrie

I like where everything settled by the episode's end but I thought they really botched the siege.

It felt like it was over before it started.
Fara's death was terrible and a real waste of character who I feel like had a lot left to give and was under utilised. Quinn could have (and should have, given what we know he's capable of) reacted far quicker to diffuse the situation. But the writers needed there to be some emotional fallout from the brief siege and instead of creating a situation where it should have happened naturally, this felt artificial.

That's probably my biggest sticking point on what has otherwise been a very strong season.

jelly

Because he was right. Lumping him in with the dead from the attack was a much better idea.

And then, of course, he took the coward's way out. Again.

I thought his scenario was rather odd. The establishment would never allow his betrayal to be public knowledge. It would be one of those things you never hear about because of the sheer embarrassment and harm it would cause. Brushed under the carpet and house arrest for life or something.

Turin

Banned

I'm curious if Saul or Carrie would've been able to watch Fara get beheaded......

I wouldn't. :p

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This season has been really great and the latest episode was amazing.

cLOUDo

Next Episode Preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz9LDxaHxzw

holy-sht.gif

Quinn is pulling jack bauer
What is quinn saying in the end?

Joni

I would have preferred Lockhart being an hardass and refusing. Just let the terrorists kill Fara and fake Tarantino, get the drama going from there. Or have the governer cave instead of the head of the CIA.

Watched the first three episodes of the series (Season 1) yesterday. Seems pretty interesting so far.

Enjoy the first season, suffer the 2nd and 3rd and enjoy the 4th. I wish there could be a fan/directors edit of the 2nd and 3rd seasons cutting every Dana Brody scene and condensing the 20 episodes into about 8 or so tight hours.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Nah...Quinn is totally going to bite it this season because the writer will wants to assure us this show ain't 24.

I agree...and I think it will be the suicide bomber kid who does him in. They mentioned him again this past episode for a reason. Quinn will hesitate to kill him because of his killing of the innocent boy last season and the kid will take him out.

Enco

Really great season.

Not sure anything can top the last part of last season though. Was an amazing few episodes and finale.

Tugatrix

don't they dare killing Quinn he is a fundamental for the show, the plots of Homeland will always need a "Scalp hunter" for the dirty work

I would have preferred Lockhart being an hardass and refusing. Just let the terrorists kill Fara and fake Tarantino, get the drama going from there. Or have the governer cave instead of the head of the CIA.

Or put some random bits of paper in that bag and eat the list of informants before leaving the vault.

jtb

Banned
Really disappointed they killed Redmond. kind of pointless; I liked what his character brought to the table and its not like killing him off brought any kind of emotional reaction out of most people. I'll miss him :(

dubc35

Lockhart plays a hardass in conference rooms but he's no soldier. His face was pure terror most of the episode. Wasn't he a congressman before taking over the CIA director role? That said, it was unbelievable that the director of the CIA would instantly hand over all their contacts given the "we don't negotiate with terrorists" rhetoric.

Redmond was ok IMO, he brought calm, rationale thinking to the show (which it lacks). Writers must have thought he wasn't batshit crazy enough to be a cast member, lol.

Sagely

Why didn't they swap out those documents in the briefcase with some random crap? Not like the terrorist dude is in a position to start perusing them right then and there.

This is what I was thinking, surely they would have a decoy for the worst-case scenario (especially considering the fact that they have no backup)? I honestly thought "if this was a Kojima game, the list would be fake" haha.

Anyway, this season has really been great. I was still just lurking here when I watched seasons 1 and 2 last year, and had lost so much interest by the end of s3 that I wasn't even going to bother with this season. Seems like a lot of people felt the same way, because this thread is significantly smaller than those for s1 and 2 as I recall :(

That said, it's great to see the show back on track; I'm so glad to have taken a chance on it. The ISI lady is a wonderful love-to-hate villain and Quinn is just amazing. Feels good to finally be able to join the discussion!

Zaph

So.

If Quinn is going through with torturing the ISI asset next week, I wonder if there's any last-minute conversations happening at Showtime right now?

Protag

Banned
I swear if quinn dies that will be a mistake on the writers part. Such a great character.

Also i just dont understand why Haqqiani felt the need to kill Fara. To me, it would have made more sense to kill Lockhart, an american and director of the CIA for that matter. Yet he kills a woman of his own ethinicity. Just hated how that transpired.

Then again i really liked Fara, and really hurt that she was killed.

vityaz

Is an AK47 the right gun to have when firing into a room where terrorists are intermingled with hostages?

They didn't know how it would turn out at that point though, right? Better safe than sorry imho. But might seem like a "stupid" thing to show to the viewer, them picking up weapons and then just dropping them shortly after if they figure it'll be better/easier using their pistols.

jelly

I swear if quinn dies that will be a mistake on the writers part. Such a great character.

Also i just dont understand why Haqqiani felt the need to kill Fara. To me, it would have made more sense to kill Lockhart, an american and director of the CIA for that matter. Yet he kills a woman of his own ethinicity. Just hated how that transpired.

Then again i really liked Fara, and really hurt that she was killed.

I think he didn't appreciate her job considering her religion.

jtb

Banned
So.

If Quinn is going through with torturing the ISI asset next week, I wonder if there's any last-minute conversations happening at Showtime right now?

eh, this isn't the newsroom. torture, drones, etc. have always been pretty central to the show's conceit even if not quite to the same extent as 24 (for torture at least)

Joni

I have been thinking and I don't think I get what makes this fourth season good.

The first season was a good thriller, especially with the amount of attention that went to both the bad and the good side of the conflict. It made you feel for the bad guy, it was a bit more small scale. It would have made a great one-shot series. The cat & mouse game is gone in season 4, the thrill is gone. The bad guy is just terroristic bad guy #1646. We're just rooting for characters we like winning, no matter what.

Linius

Ugh, I made a rookie mistake. I looked up Fera on the Homeland wikia to see who she was again since it's been a time and I started catching up on season 4. Of course her current status was right there :/

kingkitty

Despite the balls out 24ness, there was some good stuff. The scene with the ambassador and her husband was great because it reinforced how much of a turd the husband is. I also liked how this season changed Lockhart from an asshole, to an asshole with a heart. But it was all for nothing, unfortunately. Rip Fara.

Her character was a little too naive, but I'll still miss her :(

I have been thinking and I don't think I get what makes this fourth season good.

The first season was a good thriller, especially with the amount of attention that went to both the bad and the good side of the conflict. It made you feel for the bad guy, it was a bit more small scale. It would have made a great one-shot series. The cat & mouse game is gone in season 4, the thrill is gone. The bad guy is just terroristic bad guy #1646. We're just rooting for characters we like winning, no matter what.
I agree that this just feels like a season of 24. I like it, but not as much as I liked s1. S1 had that intrigue, that question of whether Brody had been turned or not, and that question of whether Carrie was certain he'd been turned or was she just crazy.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Just caught up, thought it was really entertaining. Next week's looks really good too.

I really liked the scene with Max and Carrie on the steps.

Kallor

Hows this season playing out fellas. Kinda gave up after last seasons mediocrity . Been better than the last two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom