• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HoNGAF Season 2 IHL lOTl Taking your sodium levels to new heights.

Insured

Sigh, of course I was joking :(

But people need to learn to take things a bit more lightly. I do agree about that allchat thing, it never helps anyone especially if you can account the situation to someone's personal failure instead of a really massive play. Sometimes it's better to leave it unsaid, I'm sure people recognize when they did something wrong without people rubbing it in. A lot of the saltiness could be quite easily avoided in my opinion.

Phandy

Who the hell came up with the new system?
It really just supports people who just play the most matches.

You need a negative for losing. (Maybe a -3 or -4 would work instead of -5?)

Go look at the scores. Everyone who has the most points are just the people who have played the most.

Edit - I'm not being salty but it just seems dumb.

Guesong

Phandy said:
Who the hell came up with the new system?
It really just supports people who just play the most matches.

Isn't that precisely what we wants? Encouraging participation?

If you put a negative in there, people don't want to play in fear of dropping their score.

I see no problem rewarding the guy who played 100 matches and lost them all vs the guy who played 10 and won them all.

Phandy

But your also punishing the people like me who cant play very much.
I can stay up in time for 1 or 2 IH games, let alone stay around for the IHL games to start.

That said, I'm not that fussed. If it encourages people to play, I suppose that is for the better.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
bring that up in inhouses so we could make sure you get to play phandy. we want everyone to be able to play. Also, this encourages people to stop idling, just looking and actually join in for once.

Phandy

Thorinbei said:
bring that up in inhouses so we could make sure you get to play phandy. we want everyone to be able to play. Also, this encourages people to stop idling, just looking and actually join in for once.

Oh don't worry, I've played in the ones I have been around for.
The problem is most night you guys have started playing IHL games long after I have to go to bed.
It doesn't bother me overall though. I'm not crazy serious about playing IHL games.

Guesong

Is it normal that I get way more salty in regular supposively "funhouses" than in TRYHARD IHLs?

Am I the reverse genome of HonGAF salt? :(

Swag

Ultimoo said:
what do points do then
Nothing, don't know why they're there.

Only reason I can imagine anyone would care about them is if they were in the super negatives, even if we didn't have points there, people losing would still have super low IHR, but I guess 14xx looks better then -xx points.

To think that low points is the reason people aren't playing IH games is a bit silly.

SeigO

Banned
Huh I just discovered this thread. I didn't realize that IHL was a real thing with rules and not just a convenient name for the games.

Do I get a ranking on the tier list?

Guesong

Sebulon3k said:
Nothing, don't know why they're there.

My mind.

It has been blown.

This explains so much about why I'm standing at #2 despite my shitty everything.

I'll just pull a Thorin and say it's all because of my good teammates.

Kapura

Banned
Guesong said:
My mind.

It has been blown.

This explains so much about why I'm standing at #2 despite my shitty everything.

I'll just pull a Thorin and say it's all because of my good teammates.
But for you
It's true

:eek:

Swag

Guesong said:
I'd say the points are just an easier alternative to seeing how well your doing against other people in your bracket, ultimately ELO will determine the winner for each bracket.

Neki gonna make out like a bandit, already has 190 coins and it's only the third week!

SeigO

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
Sure where you wanna be
I'm not sure, probably experienced. But if the criteria is being able to do bans etc I've barely played in the past 4-5 months so I'm not that comfortable being blue/pink.

Swag

SeigO said:
I'm not sure, probably experienced. But if the criteria is being able to do bans etc I've barely played in the past 4-5 months so I'm not that comfortable being blue/pink.
I'll put you in Average then.

Kapura

Banned
Guesong said:
Psh, we need a "Hero Played" stats.

True support don't care about that GPM.
Listen, all I'm saying is that if it were you carrying your team, you'd be playing a carry. It's in the damn name.

bzm

Kapura said:
Listen, all I'm saying is that if it were you carrying you're team, you'd be playing a carry. It's in the damn name.
n1 bra
(ur forever 1400 pubtrash cuz u think like that tho pceee)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Neki is somehow above me.

I must rectify this.

(CARRY ME THOR)

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
bzm said:
n1 bra
(ur forever 1400 pubtrash cuz u think like that tho pceee)

Yo kapura and neki played like a 1900 jeraziah/rhapsody in the team anbokr vs thor game; I was really really impressed.

Haly

Thorinbei said:
LOL wut? You're my greatest weakness!
That's why we need to play on the same team, DUH!

My tryhard Dsham + any of your mid carries = win!

Guesong

delirium said:
Neki, more points than Thor?

EDIT: And now higher Elo than Thor? Neki, best swindler in the IHL?

It's not that surprising. Being in Learning or Average tier does not equate to being Dumpster-levels players.

I myself would always pick Neki and Ikuu on my team if I had the chance to.

bzm

Guesong said:
It's not that surprising. Being in Learning or Average tier does not equate to being Dumpster-levels players.

I myself would always pick Neki and Ikuu on my team if I had the chance to.
hate to break it to you bro, but you are pretty dumpster tier in comparison to thor
(so is neki, etc, get crunched etc)

Guesong

bzm said:
hate to break it to you bro, but you are pretty dumpster tier in comparison to thor
(so is neki, etc, get crunched etc)

But it's a team game! Sure, Loki on a carry will be worth way more than 1 or 2 of us on the same carry, but all in all I find Neki and Ikuu to be great team players, which is an important aspect that people seems to neglect a bit in the draft process.

EDIT : Not to say Loki isn't a great team player as well!

EDIT 2 : LOOK AT THAT BIG NEKI HEALBOMB.

BEST PLAYER CONFIRMED TRUTHFUL.

Sanjay

NEKI putting Alumnus and Pillow in the dumpster. By far the best game I've seen this season.

Get well Alumnus, chin up.

Haly

Teknopathetic said:
What more do I need to do.
Call Avg Captains, draft your own team.

Forget the trash, pick the best.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Going for a Detroit Lions 0-16 style record. Shouldn't take too long there.

Guesong

Teknopathetic said:
What more do I need to do.

Oh oh oh, I know!

Since I worked on some devious voodoo magic during yesterdays matches to swindle you and plunge you deeper into this streak of defeat, there's only one way out to break the spell.

CAPTAIN MATCH
MOODY VS GUESONG
WHO CAN SWINDLE MORE?
ROUND 1 COMING TO A CHANNEL NEAR YOU

Sponsored by Neki's Big HealBombs(tm).

Top Bottom