• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HoNGAF Season 2 IHL lOTl Taking your sodium levels to new heights.

We need to make this our IHL mascot.

Iur2V.png

IceMarker

Sebulon3k said:
This game, shall forever live in Infamy.
How so? Seemed like a pretty mostly normal game, barring the salt and drama in voice and text chat. Eventually Hellbourne got super fat, gg.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Guesong said:
We'll definitively need a revamp of the system (again) for next season, if there ever is one.

That's fine. The one we have no, in essence, is good, it just takes too long to get started (mainly because people, myself included, don't sit very often).

Guesong

Tomat said:
That's fine. The one we have no, in essence, is good, it just takes too long to get started (mainly because people, myself included, don't sit very often).

That, but I was mostly thinking about how this easily turns into Loki/Thor/Swift sideshow of ultimate rape.

We need more average/learning tiers matchs! Stop shying out people!

bzm

Guesong said:
That, but I was mostly thinking about how this easily turns into Loki/Thor/Swift sideshow of ultimate rape.

We need more average/learning tiers matchs! Stop shying out people!
revamping the system wont change that really, nothing is stopping learning/average tier players from making games but themselves

Squire Felix said:
bzm average confirmed.
i told u guys i mostly play league i no good at this game

Guesong

You know salt is getting real when I have to yell at Loki to stop him from whining. :O

I'm sorry Loki I didn't meeaannn to yeeelll. :(

TUSR

Banned
The biggest difference between average/beginner games and pro/average/beginner is the level of leadership that the good players bring.

I know for myself, that when I play with Loki or Thor they elevate my skill level and awareness.

rac

Banned
Squire Felix said:
The biggest difference between average/beginner games and pro/average/beginner is the level of leadership that the good players bring.

I know for myself, that when I play with Loki or Thor they elevate my skill level and awareness.
Yeah the game that I played tonight I just followed loki the whole game.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Guesong said:
We'll definitively need a revamp of the system (again) for next season, if there ever is one.

Na, I really like this system--no system will be perfect. Like BZM said, more learning/average players need to actually sit (but I mean experienced are just straight up more active/online more--but hence why "experienced" so it's logical that they will make up the bulk of the matches).

Second, experienced players need to man up, seriously. Insured, procarbine, alumnus, and seigx need to start captaining against each other more. Not every game can be swift v loki or loki v pillow. I was really intimidated too until I got pressured by kag and crew to man up against thor, and hey, things turned out well. Even if you're not a good drafter, even if you're not the best leader, you can always draft someone who is or play it out against someone who is your equal in both these respects. You know something is wrong when more average players are willing to man up over experienced players.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
Don't forget that me and loki can always sit out games. Just give us the word really. Also, we're not one_man shows. That would be people like swiftlame. This is a team game and we believe that everyone in the team makes equal contributions. Even the 0 10 demented/witch slayer that constantly wards for his team and tps asap to help. We don't raise people's skill levels. They just have it in them really. I believe you guys think that because you trust me and loki even if our plays are unorthodox. I think people should learn to trust their teammates more (especially trust the experienced players). Swag has pretty good lineups. Pillowknight is a great all around player. Swiftlame is a great ricer, try to work your team around him with good supports. Alumnus is asian so its in his blood.

SeigO

Banned
Anbokr said:
Second, experienced players need to man up, seriously. Insured, procarbine, alumnus, and seigx need to start captaining against each other more.
Maybe later on~ I don't feel familiar enough with the metagame or Neogaf members skill levels just yet to draft. I've been inactive for a pretty long time. I played about 1,000 games in beta and 100 games after the game went live and then I quit.

I only came back for a few months to screw around in casual mode during the past year. (Besides very recently)

bzm

Thorinbei said:
Don't forget that me and loki can always sit out games. Just give us the word really. Also, we're not one_man shows. That would be people like swiftlame. This is a team game and we believe that everyone in the team makes equal contributions. Even the 0 10 demented/witch slayer that constantly wards for his team and tps asap to help. We don't raise people's skill levels. They just have it in them really. I believe you guys think that because you trust me and loki even if our plays are unorthodox. I think people should learn to trust their teammates more (especially trust the experienced players). Swag has pretty good lineups. Pillowknight is a great all around player. Swiftlame is a great ricer, try to work your team around him with good supports. Alumnus is asian so its in his blood.
called the fuck out son, hows it feel even your magmus/behemoth cant play as a team?

dorkimoe

everyone usually helps me pretty good
Neki/kagete/thor. I think anbokr too.

If youre learning and you are on Mumble you usually have nothing to worry about. I just had to learn ward placements and avoid you pro players picking on me :mad:

Oh and if you want to speed up the picking phase, pick the 2 captains and then quit talking, everyone is usually making funnies and talking and people get side tracked. Not that i dont enjoy the lols, but thats why it gets slowed down

Kapura

Banned
real talk: picking process needs to be standardised. Players join a channel, because captains cba to scroll through the list. But the picks might be said on mumble, inn the clan channel, in the game channel, or in the IHL channel. Some people leave the ihl channel after being picked, others stay in. I'm siimple; we need to make this process more intuitive.

TUSR

Banned
Streamlined.

- Get in Mumble or channel
- Pick Captains
- Pick Players

Only captains should be talking during picking phase.

Kapura

Banned
That's not realistic. Nerds will be nerds. As soon as a channel goes over about 8 active members, there is nearly always talking. If the captains would ALWAYS post rolls and picks in, say, any one channel and not a crapshot of any of them, we could say "if you want to know what's happening, look at the clan channel" or whatnot.

Neki

yeah, as much as I'd like to stop hearing Anbokr talk about his Math 1 homework, it's not going to stop anytime soon. our main problem though, is captains, and people to get into draft channels. 17 specs, and only 9 people want to play? no problem

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
To be honest people talking doesn't slow down the process. It takes us about 15 minutes to finally settle on two captains, the drafting usually goes by quickly (unless we run into a tier problem which we usually do or one captain spends a few minutes voting).

I feel like if we want experienced captains; straight up just have all the experienced roll and the highest and the lowest have to captain so there is no dodging and we move quickly. Same if we want average or learning captains (but these guys usually man up).

Swag

This is why I said top two MMR players are captains if their willing to play, to avoid the stagnant time we have where people don't want to sit and captain.

I know I'm guilty of this too!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sebulon3k said:
This is why I said top two MMR players are captains if their willing to play, to avoid the stagnant time we have where people don't want to sit and captain.

I don't like the idea of set captains all the time. What can we do to make people more eager to captain up?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Sebulon3k said:

I liked that initially, but after playing a bunch of games; you just realize how boring that is. It will be the same two, maybe three people all day, every day.

Kapura

Banned
Problem is when one of the juggernaut bros goes up to be a captain, nobody wants to fight against them. I think two people of similar skill levels should be captains, bot otherwise it can be anybody. So you'll not see a budarac versus swag grudgematch, but perhaps a moodyshuffle ulcajun rumble in the forest.

Neki

I don't know about you guys, but I don't mind the swiftlame vs loki/thor matchup 5 times a day. swiftlame will just carry you to beat loki, amirite?

TUSR

Banned
Ultimoo said:
I don't know about you guys, but I don't mind the swiftlame vs loki/thor matchup 5 times a day. swiftlame will just carry you to beat loki, amirite?

Wasn't the case last night, Hellbourne got rolled.

But a Swift Vs. the brothers is pretty entertaining

Neki

Squire Felix said:
Wasn't the case last night, Hellbourne got rolled.

But a Swift Vs. the brothers is pretty entertaining
can't win them all, especially when you get try harded all game. port keys all day son.

port keys alllllllll day.

Guesong

Ok seriously.

AVERAGE AND LEARNING PLAYERS : MAN UP.

It's nothing against the better players but I'm getting tired of always seeing the same fellows leading the game to victory with the lrn and average being relegated to support warding and getting horrid gpm.

AVG and LRN man up, we can have games between us, we can have fun, and we can learn to carry properly without being pressured by the presence of say Loki or Procarbine.

EDIT : 9 people manned up. Almost had that match.

Then captains picked all the experienced players available GGGGGGGGGGG.

smh.

loki_demi

Neo Member
Guesong said:
Ok seriously.

AVERAGE AND LEARNING PLAYERS : MAN UP.

It's nothing against the better players but I'm getting tired of always seeing the same fellows leading the game to victory with the lrn and average being relegated to support warding and getting horrid gpm.

AVG and LRN man up, we can have games between us, we can have fun, and we can learn to carry properly without being pressured by the presence of say Loki or Procarbine.

EDIT : 9 people manned up. Almost had that match.

Then captains picked all the experienced players available GGGGGGGGGGG.

smh.

Just to be clear. Whenever I'm captain I let people play whatever hero they want to play (with few exceptions if the picks are all melee etc etc). Andddd when someone elses captain I actually just play whatever they want me to play. :D I actually don't mind ave/learning people playing carry at all but! This is LEAGUEEEEEEE!!! Lol

Top Bottom