• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HoNGAF Season 2 IHL lOTl Taking your sodium levels to new heights.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
loki_demi said:
Just to be clear. Whenever I'm captain I let people play whatever hero they want to play (with few exceptions if the picks are all melee etc etc). Andddd when someone elses captain I actually just play whatever they want me to play. :D I actually don't mind ave/learning people playing carry at all but! This is LEAGUEEEEEEE!!! Lol

me: team what do you want to play?
team: i dunno.. what do YOU want?
me: i'll do whatever you want guys.
team: okay any. (Trollface.jpg)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Thorinbei said:
me: team what do you want to play?
team: i dunno.. what do YOU want?
me: i'll do whatever you want guys.
team: okay any. (Trollface.jpg)

I can confirm this actually happens.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's the point of playing support if your best player can't decide what he wants to play :3

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
332xf87.png

conspiracy to bring down anbokr gg

Guesong

Anbokr said:
332xf87.png

conspiracy to bring down anbokr gg

swindle more.

Honestly, you don't belong in average tier even on a laptop. I don't see why the tier lists should be fixed in time ; it would allow us to rectify situations like these and potentially make better IHLs.

Also I'm all for a new God Tier list who would include Thor, Loki, Swiftlame and Insured.

Neki

Guesong said:
swindle more.

Honestly, you don't belong in average tier even on a laptop. I don't see why the tier lists should be fixed in time ; it would allow us to rectify situations like these and potentially make better IHLs.

Also I'm all for a new God Tier list who would include Thor, Loki, Swiftlame and Insured.

tiers don't even come into play when we only get 10-11 players though.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah to be honest tiers haven't had much impact yet, because we've had like max 11 players for the last week or so. The tough part is when you have 5 experienced, and 3 end up one side (especially when that's thor's side...) it really really makes for unbalanced games. We really need more average/learning players to get in on the action so we don't end up in a situation where we're forced to have uneven numbers of experienced, but at this point I don't know what's going to get them to play. Free coins? Chance to captain? What else is there...

Guesong

...did I just get real talked by Neki and Anbokr or what.

That is indeed entirely true. Even assuming a God Tier, and a limit of one per team of said god tier, then most of the time we wouldn't have enough people under these rules, and then we're all fucked.

Well, I guess I'll just be extra good at a couple of heroes by the time this IHL is over. Good stuff.

Guesong said:
...did I just get real talked by Neki and Anbokr or what.

That is indeed entirely true. Even assuming a God Tier, and a limit of one per team of said god tier, then most of the time we wouldn't have enough people under these rules, and then we're all fucked.

Well, I guess I'll just be extra good at a couple of heroes by the time this IHL is over. Good stuff.
I'm gonna make pro witch slayer players out of all of you.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I would really like to see a game composed of entirely average/learning, and not swindle average (bzm anbokr), but there just aren't enough that want to play.

8 of the 12 players with the most games played are experienced, just because we're there and willing to play.

Sanjay

Lone_Prodigy said:
Man it must suck to be #11.
Get undrafted.

Sorry bro, it was between Mondos, gdeceiver and your self and I just saw Mondos play a few games and no way was he a learning player, and I've played with GD loads of times and hes another player masking under learning tier too. Neki thought he could swindle me that game with picks, not on my watch. Get drafted.

Thorinbei said:
My league-long dream is for you guys to stop banning magmus.
I played mag in an IHL game, you jelly?

Just get freakinchair, anborker, insured, and ???, and complete team "never get to play x hero."

Guesong

PillowKnight said:

Just get freakinchair, anborker, insured, and ???, and complete team "never get to play x hero."

Chair got to play Zephyr though. Never again though.

Bokr got to play Silhouette (assuming that's the hero you thought)

Insured got to play Ophelia once or twice before HoNGAF figured out the man was an elite jungler.

You can finish the team with you and Torturer!

Haly

I remember that game where we were all like "okay , chair has zephyr, PICK HEROES TO SUPPORT ZEPHYR."

And it worked.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
PillowKnight said:

Yeah man, I never get to play my Soulstealer. WTF guys???

Haly

Once I'm done with these projects and tests, thor, you need to carry me above insured.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
Halycon said:
Once I'm done with these projects and tests, thor, you need to carry me above insured.

I don't carry sorry. I get carried by my team. (Shout out to moody/delirium. Pro supports right durr.)

Haly

Thorinbei said:
I don't carry sorry. I get carried by my team. (Shout out to moody/delirium. Pro supports right durr.)
Okay, then, you can pick a carry, then I'll support you to victory.
In any case I aim to be #1 in average tier.

Guesong

*sigh*

Can I pre-emptively retire from IHL and get my current gold coins at the end?

Not having fun anymore, system is borked, Swiftlame and Thor are currently playing a match on the same team (+ Freakinchair even). How did that even occurs I don't know. Even the thought of gold coins ain't enough now.

I'd dodge any IHL with one of the God 3 in it and participate in others, but they're always in it, so guess I'd stop playing if I can keep what measly earning I'll get.

IHL is not a place where I can learn to carry, and I'm dead sick of playing support and having 30 gpm, and I'm not learning anything by being crunched over and over by the same players. Can't take 2 more months of that.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
We really need a mutually exclusive rule for Thor/Loki/Swiftlame. This is getting kinda ridiculous when you pair 2/3 of those guys--pit them against any other 2 experienced and it's a joke matchup.

Edit: And thor you're like 80% IHL win for a reason. Stop saying your worse than other experienced, because you're not. A huge part of your game is that you're just as good as loki/swiftlame but you're leadership and drafting are also top notch.

Sanjay

Guesong said:
*sigh*

Can I pre-emptively retire from IHL and get my current gold coins at the end?

Not having fun anymore, system is borked, Swiftlame and Thor are currently playing a match on the same team (+ Freakinchair even). How did that even occurs I don't know. Even the thought of gold coins ain't enough now.

I'd dodge any IHL with one of the God 3 in it and participate in others, but they're always in it, so guess I'd stop playing if I can keep what measly earning I'll get.

IHL is not a place where I can learn to carry, and I'm dead sick of playing support and having 30 gpm, and I'm not learning anything by being crunched over and over by the same players. Can't take 2 more months of that.

Yeah your right, its all Freakinchair fault for swindling average tier.

loki_demi

Neo Member
Guesonggg don't make me shout at you for whining! (Remember when you said this to me? Hehehe)

Real talk though guesong. InhouseLEAGUE.... If you really wanna practice/learn to carry why not do it in tmm? I mean I learned slither carry by playing it for 20 straight games. Do you want the oppossite team to just let you farm or even leave you alone so you can learn to play carry? That doesn't sound more fun if there's no challenge brah. :(

Swag

PillowKnight said:
We should start balancing games by ihl rating. Real talk.
Balanced games no fun bro

I kinda see why Puppetyuber was so intent on having that drafting bot LOL

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Guesong said:

I get the loki/thor/swiftlame thing, that needs to be dealt with, but like loki said man--IHL is not the place to learn to carry. IHL is where you take your skills/your best role and apply it. I've been making a bunch of smurf accounts and I only play soulstealer on them to practice my soulstealer, but I still have a long way to go so there's no way I'm touching that hero in an IHL. When silhoutte and tree first came out, I picked those two heroes virtually every single game (more recently doing the same thing with ra).

Normally, I'd recommend regular inhouses to practice, but to be honest those are just giant trollfests where you gotta just troll along with everyone else (not a place to improve skills). Basic accounts and tmm are the way to go for improvement.

However, I guess if by some miracle we ever got 10 average/learning tier on at one time that want to play, then that would be prime time to go carry mode. But I really don't see that happening, we've had like 5 or 6 max.

Swag

Anbokr said:
However, I guess if by some miracle we ever got 10 average/learning tier on at one time that want to play, then that would be prime time to go carry mode. But I really don't see that happening, we've had like 5 or 6 max.
With the number of people in Average tier in comparison to learning tier, I can't believe we never have enough people online to have a full Average / Learning tier game.

To be honest, the IHL isn't very fun, games are usually one sided, or people un-intentionally troll you with bad item choices / decisions. Can't remember the last time I specced or played in a game that was even, nail biting fun. I'm out this bitch, PEACE.

Haly

PillowKnight said:
We should start balancing games by ihl rating. Real talk.
No please.

I want to be on thor's team.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
Anbokr said:
We really need a mutually exclusive rule for Thor/Loki/Swiftlame. This is getting kinda ridiculous when you pair 2/3 of those guys--pit them against any other 2 experienced and it's a joke matchup.

Edit: And thor you're like 80% IHL win for a reason. Stop saying your worse than other experienced, because you're not. A huge part of your game is that you're just as good as loki/swiftlame but you're leadership and drafting are also top notch.

im at 50% win

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Guesong,

IHL is an environment where players, with the exception of probably thor/loki/swift, are competing at the top of their ability, and trying very hard to win. In a game that has experienced players, if they want the best chance at winning, they won't want to pass carrying on to inexperienced players. By virtue of being a stat tracked league, this is going to happen.

If you want to have a more even level game, do everything you can to get more average/learning players active. I'm sure that if we have enough willing players, the experienced ones will be happy to sit down and watch the game play out.

And swag, I'm sure the Ra game you linked today in the main thread was a nail biter for the specs.

Swag

Procarbine said:
And swag, I'm sure the Ra game you linked today in the main thread was a nail biter for the specs.
There was like a 9k Gold advantage that game, was pretty one sided past a certain point in the game.

For the next IHL season we should consider balancing games by mmr or by ihlr. One sided games are getting kind of old, out of curiosity which was the last IHL game that wasn't one sided?

If we had more average + learning players waiting to play this would be easier. But everyone wants to watch or sit out and do homework all night. I also think teams are also mostly balanced. I played one match tonight with 2 experienced on our team vs 3 (with thor on the 3 team) and we won. Just like in TMM you're going to end up going on losing streaks and winning streaks. Sometimes it's best to just take it in stride and keep trying.

Also - if you want to try to carry just ask. Alot of the experienced players are good at playing support/gankers and we can use those skills to win games too.

Anyways, if you guys want to you can move me up to experienced tier. It might help balancing maybe?

Top Bottom