• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How big of a disgrace was "Six Axis"

Dorago

The Sixaxis sucked. The only game I had that used it was Uncharted where you had to balance while walking over logs and it didn't work. You could also TRY to use it for gestures in Dark Souls but good luck.

Shwing

The thing that was a disgrace was Sony saying the rumble was left out as they couldn't get it working with the motion controls - whilst everyone knew it was due to a licensing issue with Immersion.

Holammer

The problem with six axis was that nobody knew how to use it, so they shoehorned/forced it in there and this was not elusive to Sony, Nintendo did it [still does] all the time with their stupid gimmicks.

Today the gyro stuff is implemented in a more organic way. Playing Helldivers 2 on PC with a DualSense feels nice and chill, even better in BotW & TotK.
Shooting the bow in BotW without gyro makes you feel like a handicapped child.

Topher

Gold Member
Disgrace? Without sixaxis, we would have been deprived of....

s-l1200.webp

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Topher

Gold Member
You give it a chance? I did it and once you understand that you don't control the dragon but the dragon rider is a decent game... not good but not as bad as ppl paint it.

I tried it and didn't like it. I just think it was a mistake to force folks to use the motion controls.

Top Bottom