• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

Noooooooooooooo. Terrible news. I mean understandable but I look so forward to the main episodes and now its down to one a month. :(

Looking forward to the general discussion podcast though.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Kulap needs to get pregnant and then they can have Matt Besser and Danielle Schneider who has had a baby for a year(?), Scotty Auk and Kuku, and Paul Scheer and June Diane Raphael talking about they're point in the baby timeline... well that would really just be an excuse to get them in a room together on a mic.

Then we can appreciate what babies are really good for: podcast material and ideas.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Paul posted an email sent by a "fan" about the recent news.
Name:
Anonymous Anonymous

Message Body:
As someone who use to donate monthly to this podcast, and support it by signing up for the "advertisements" listed on the website I regret to say I will no longer be doing this. With the announcement that the shows will be cut back because they are having a child almost seems like a slap in the face of the fans. Is it hard to hire a baby sitter for an hour or two? As they are both actors they will already have to more then likely hire a nanny as I doubt they'll be bringing their child on set with them when they film their TV series, or do other engaging things as actors. This is the equivalent to someone having a child and telling their boss their going to cut their hours down by half, how much of an asset is that person to their job now? I LOVED this podcast, it was easily one of the best podcasts out there. But only having a single podcast(mini episodes don't count since its just ad's and reading non sense questions off of Facebook) is death to any podcast, and shows a lack
of interest of that podcast. It's one thing to have it be a hobby of yours, but if that was the case there wouldn't be advertising non stop, and merchandise for sale. I'm all for being compensated for talent and time, don't get me wrong on that. But either you're in, or you're out, and it seems like they have one foot in and one foot out. Great they might be starting a new podcast! But we don't want a new podcast, we like HDTGM, and the format offered. This just seems like some horrible idea of offering something that'll stop fans from jumping ship. It just doesn't seem worth it paying monthly for something that's being cut in half, and I doubt I'm the only one feeling this way. Thanks for the hours of entertainment, but in this day and age when there's thousands of quality podcasts, you need to give it %100 not %50.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Well, it isnt really an hour or two as I'm sure they go longer than that. On top of which, Paul probably spends a few hours editing the episode. This is on top of their shows and other events they do.

Yes, it sucks. I'm not happy they have cut it down. My solution would be, do two episodes in a single day and cut out mini episodes completely.

jred2k

Yeah I used to really look forward to it being uploaded. I can feel it already becoming a podcast I just kind of notice when it shows up in my feed. Hopefully the live shows turn out good and inject a little more excitement in to the podcast.

It seems a little quick to write them off, but there are so many good podcasts that it doesn't take much to lose momentum.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Should I watch this before I listen? I wasn't planning on it but Jason pretty much insists on it within the first 3 minutes or so.

I didn't and still enjoyed the episode, having said that this movie sounds next level bonkers and I'm sure it's worth watching.

Watched it today. Man I forgot how crazy this movie is. A world where not only wrestling is real but its the biggest entertainment past time in the United States. Lots of oily muscles and grunting too. And the final thing all great movies have - doookie.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
One of my favorite episodes and the only time that I thought the guest was maybe funnier than the regular cast.

AColdDay

I wonder if Jason will get a Twitter account with all the free time he'll have now?

Man, it really screws with me everytime I see you post. It boggles my mind that there is another jred out there.

Anyways, I was disappointed by hearing about the cutback on the episodes, but as somebody who has recently had a kid, I totally get it.

Even if you dragged their lifeless, sleep-deprived corpses into the podcast studio you would probably end up with some real lackluster material.

Watched The Color of Night. This movie is bonkers. I wonder if the director really thought the audience wouldn't have the 'twist' figured out within the first few minutes of the movie. And what was up with the colorblindness? Did that ever come back in a meaningful way? All in all I kinda like this movie - brought back fond memories of watching Dream On in the early 90s.

New episode is up and is pretty solid. I liked the discussion among Paul/June/Jason but Amy didn't seem that into it. Who knows, maybe thats just her energy. And that second opinion might be the most insane, sinister thing I've ever heard. That had to have been written by someone who was drunk, on drugs, or is a serial killer.

Also, cuuuuuuurse these episodes for only being out once a month now. The prime episodes go by so fast. :(

I agree, Amy didn't seem into it at all.

Thought it was just an ok episode. They spent too much time talking about the sex scenes and sort of forgot about actually talking about the movie at a certain point. Or at least that's how it seemed.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
They really sucked the air out of this pod. I miss the old days.

I know. :( Hopefully they go back to their old schedule at some point. I really have no idea when a new episode is coming out so I'm just surprised now when I look at my iPhone and see a new episode. I used to highly anticipate this podcast.

I know. :( Hopefully they go back to their old schedule at some point. I really have no idea when a new episode is coming out so I'm just surprised now when I look at my iPhone and see a new episode. I used to highly anticipate this podcast.

I'm to the point of just hoping to see Jason on Comedy Bang Bang. :lol

I wasn't even a listener of Comedy Bang Bang, I just decided to pick it up when this went on it's hiatus/smaller schedule.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm to the point of just hoping to see Jason on Comedy Bang Bang. :lol

I wasn't even a listener of Comedy Bang Bang, I just decided to pick it up when this went on it's hiatus/smaller schedule.

If you can, go back through the archives and get all the Andy Daly/Jason Mantzoukas episodes. Amazing stuff.

Jerkson

Banned

I hope so but I don't think the show is that much of a priority for them anymore. June has a lot going on now besides the pregnancy (NBC pilot, more film roles) and Paul has a bunch of different projects. Most of the mini episodes from this year Paul seems a little resentful towards the fan base. Plus, episodes coming in late when they never did before. I just don't think the pregnancy is the reason for all of these things. Feels like the days of this show are numbered. I hope I'm wrong. I love it to death.

Lach

I'm currently working my way through this. It's great! I expected it to be more about them talking about the creation of the movies instead on just what happens in it, but it's so entertaining anyway.

My new favourite comedy podcast since Ricky Gervais. Anyways, I'm off creating a squarespace page now....

I'm currently working my way through this. It's great! I expected it to be more about them talking about the creation of the movies instead on just what happens in it, but it's so entertaining anyway.

My new favourite comedy podcast since Ricky Gervais. Anyways, I'm off creating a squarespace page now....

One of us! One of us! Its great. 85 or so episodes and almost every single one of them is fantastic. I listened through almost all of them multiple times and its just as funny the 2nd or 3rd time as the first.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
This was a really good episode. The reversed roles of Jason and June was fucking hilarious. Everything involving Bad Ernest was amazing.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
10307226_669589886440504_8426473077699933663_n.jpg

Anyone here anymore?

Lach

Damn I already caught up. Though I feel like starting at the beginning again and not skip the minisodes this time...

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just listened to the Easy Rider 2 episode. Got to say I wasn't really feeling it. Too obscure of a film. Had it's moments but when you're only getting one podcast a month you hope it's going to be a great one, and this didn't really deliver for me.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Just listened to the Easy Rider 2 episode. Got to say I wasn't really feeling it. Too obscure of a film. Had it's moments but when you're only getting one podcast a month you hope it's going to be a great one, and this didn't really deliver for me.
I agree. They were also pretty unenthusiastic about it. They didn't really go through the movie either, they just picked random spots.

Aren't they holding on to a live episode?

Top Bottom