• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
1SCKv1b.jpg

So baby themed movie episode in the near future?

So baby themed movie episode in the near future?

It'll be the funniest baby ever. And Look Whos Talking Now definitely seems like a HDGTM episode. The third movie in a bizarre trilogy, John Travolta, Kirstie Alley, a talking basketball playing baby, Charles Barkley. Whats not to love?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It'll be the funniest baby ever. And Look Whos Talking Now definitely seems like a HDGTM episode. The third movie in a bizarre trilogy, John Travolta, Kirstie Alley, a talking basketball playing baby, Charles Barkley. Whats not to love?

Wow, I had forgotten there was even a third one. You brought back painful memories.

They should totally do it.

Just watched it. Holy shit I don't know where to start. This movie really is next level bonkers. My thoughts:

* SO many basketball puns!

* About 80% of dialogue is ADR

* It's clear that the script was written by a non-native English speaker

* That carnival scene at the beginning of the movie was confusing as fuck. What was the point? And all the jump cuts made it even harder to follow.

* This movie had some of the most bizarre editing ever. There'd be a scene of people walking side by side and all of a sudden a close up of someone grabbing another person's elbow and then back to a wide shot.

* WHAT WAS THE WEIRD 'THE PRISONER' TANGENT?!! It made no sense and went nowhere. There was literally no point to it other than to have Van Damme away from his wife for 9 months. At one point the guy running the island says something to the effect of "Its too bad you're here. You were our last hope to catch Stavros". Well why the fuck do you keep taking agents out of rotation by trapping them on the island with you? Release them! If Van Damme's character wasn't there he'd be going after Stavros yet.

* I was legitimately disturbed that someone would let a tiger just about lick an actual baby. Also, I felt anger at the part where they dropped the poor tiger off a wooden rope bridge. He must've fallen a good 20 feet. And I don't care if there was padding below him or not .. that had to really terrify him.

* I loved when Rodman asks with genuine surprise, "You're gonna send an email message?!"

Parting thought, that sums up the whole movie: Basketball capsule

Felt kind of meh on this episode. I think this is one I probably should have tried harder to watch before hand.

Ah man, really? I was just coming to post that I think this has been my favorite movie and episode combo ever. A crazy, confusing, yet somewhat compelling mid 90s action movie. And then the discussion episode is not only funny and everyone seems into it but there is actual attempts at deciphering what happened. So glad they brought up my points about ADR, the basketball puns, and animal cruelty.

And the second opinion on this one was great. The past few have been depressing but the two reviews for Double Team made me laugh out loud. I was almost in tears for the second one. "See ya next Monday!"

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I stopped listening when I heard Jason say it was one of his favorite movies that he has watched. That kind of praise deserves a watch. Might have to rent through Amazon.

I stopped listening when I heard Jason say it was one of his favorite movies that he has watched. That kind of praise deserves a watch. Might have to rent through Amazon.

Dude, you HAVE to. Totally worth it. It is next levels bonkers but oddly fascinating. I think the only HDGTM movie I might've liked/hated more was The Glimmer Man.

Ah man, really? I was just coming to post that I think this has been my favorite movie and episode combo ever. A crazy, confusing, yet somewhat compelling mid 90s action movie. And then the discussion episode is not only funny and everyone seems into it but there is actual attempts at deciphering what happened. So glad they brought up my points about ADR, the basketball puns, and animal cruelty.

And the second opinion on this one was great. The past few have been depressing but the two reviews for Double Team made me laugh out loud. I was almost in tears for the second one. "See ya next Monday!"

It wasn't bad or anything, it just wasn't too interesting without having had watched it. I think what you enjoyed from it(them actually trying to make sense of it) was just lost on me because I didn't watch it. I will probably listen again after seeing the actual movie.

Funniest part for me was probably them talking about the tiger, or them deciphering the timeline of the entire movie.

Honestly felt like the episode was kind of boring.

Did you happen to watch the movie? I'm wondering if this is just one of those episodes that's boring without watching. Cause it came off the same way with me.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Did you happen to watch the movie? I'm wondering if this is just one of those episodes that's boring without watching. Cause it came off the same way with me.

I didn't watch the movie, but honestly I don't watch the movie for most of these. I kind of prefer it that way. The descriptions of the crazy scenes are amazing if you haven't seen the movie.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Next movie: A Winter's Tale. Damn, wish it wasn't a theater movie.

The live show movies are gonna be movies that star Hulk Hogan.

jred2k

Next movie: A Winter's Tale. Damn, wish it wasn't a theater movie.

The live show movies are gonna be movies that star Hulk Hogan.

I think I remember Paul mentioning the first one being No Holds Barred. I imagine the other film they do will either Suburban Commando or Mr. Nanny. Hopefully they keep Santa With Muscles in the back of their minds for next Christmas.

New episode is out. This movie sounds fucking nuts. It makes me actually want to see it now.

Will Smith as Lucifer? WTF?! And his character isn't in the book?!?!

Really great episode. Probably my favorite non-live episode in a while. Bummed June couldn't be on it, this type of movie seems like it'd be perfect for her. At one point Paul was going to say something about what June thought about the movie but he was interrupted.

"THIS MOVIE IS HARRY POTTER!!!"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
All of the episodes without June end up being good. Good guests and the right movie. I think the episodes could have been better with her there but all of them have turned out good when she no showed.

Clevinger

Mini episode is up

So due to Paul and June's child, from now on they're going to do one HDTGM show a month instead of two and Paul mentions something about trying out a general talk podcast with him, Jason, and June as well because it's not as time consuming as having to watch a movie and everything. Mini episodes will now be twice a month instead of four times a month.

Mini episode is up

So due to Paul and June's child, from now on they're going to do one HDTGM show a month instead of two and Paul mentions something about trying out a general talk podcast with him, Jason, and June as well because it's not as time consuming as having to watch a movie and everything. Mini episodes will now be twice a month instead of four times a month.

Sounds fair enough.

Top Bottom