• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
"Tits and ice cream for me"

Lol god I love Jason.

"So what did you about the first 40 minutes?"

"I thought it was great"- June.

Holy crap, I just laughed out loud at that.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The best part for me was when they brought up the other Jack Frost, and there was a guy in the audience who watched that one thinking that's what they'd be talking about. So good.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yo the Amazon reviews are depressing as hell. :lol

Has to be the top 3 of amazon reviews. Downright gold.

The best part for me was when they brought up the other Jack Frost, and there was a guy in the audience who watched that one thinking that's what they'd be talking about. So good.

I hope they really do an episode on the other jack frost. Heard nothing but bad things on it.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Two outstanding episodes in a row.

For real. I know it has been said a lot, but everyone is just so on their game in the live shows. It especially helps when the audience has great questions. I would actually say the Jack Frost one didn't have fantastic audience questions (besides the horror movie thing) but it was still good. Deck the Halls had great audience questions though.

I hope they really do an episode on the other jack frost. Heard nothing but bad things on it.
It's really bad. I went in expecting "so bad it's good", but it doesn't even qualify for that honor.

Great episode, loved that June had no idea what the movie was going to be about.

Has to be the top 3 of amazon reviews. Downright gold.

They reminded me of that one Amazon review -- I think it was for From Justin to Kelly, where the person had like 5 people die on her in the span of a month. :lol

number11

Just discovered this podcast so I decided to make a list of all the films currently on Netflix. I'm not sure whether i'm excited or dreading watching all these terrible films.

Burlesque (UK/Canada)
Season of the Witch (Canada)
Old Dogs (UK)
The Last Airbender (UK)
Drive Angry (Canada)
Fast 5 (Canada)
The Tourist (Canada)
Crank 2 (UK)
Green Lantern (Sweden)
The Back-Up Plan (UK/Canada)
The Smurfs (Canada)
Skyline (Brazil)
Gigli (Canada/US)
The Wicker Man (UK)
Punisher: War Zone (UK)
Catwoman (Sweden)
Jingle All the Way (USA)
Crank (Sweden)
Trespass (UK/USA)
88 Minutes (Sweden/Brazil)
Abduction (USA)
On the Line (UK)
Bad Ass (Canada/USA)
Judge Dredd (UK)
Roadhouse (UK/USA)
Reindeer Games (UK/USA/Canada)
The Devil’s Advocate (Sweden)
In The Name of the King (USA)
Street Fighter (UK)
Joyful Noise (Sweden)
Howard the Duck (UK)
Sharknado (Canada/USA)
Over The Top (UK)
Toys (USA)
Congo (USA)
Halloween III (UK)
Crossroads (Sweden)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
^Good stuff, man. I will add it to the OP.

Edit- You should be excited. I actually look forward to terrible movies now. I look at them in a different light nowadays.

I listened to the Street Fighter episode again and June and her "What is a Street Figher?" question still has me dying.

They reminded me of that one Amazon review -- I think it was for From Justin to Kelly, where the person had like 5 people die on her in the span of a month. :lol

Lol, I remember that review. FJtK is fucking god tier.

Has anyone listened to the Skyline or Reindeer Games episode? Which should I focus on first?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Awwwwe, I'm torn. I know it's bad, but I love this movie.

I know what you mean. I loved the film (Sonya <3) growing up. I haven't seen the first one in ages. I watched the second one awhile back to see how badly it had aged. Its still a fun movie.

"I dont know a lot about mortal combat ..."

Much like everyone else on this board I loved this movie as a kid. I think the two events in my young life I was probably most pumped for was going to Disney or Universal and going to see this movie. I was more excited for it even more so than Jurassic Park. Much to my parents chagrin, my friends and I fought each other for days after we saw it.

EDIT: Aww yiss! They're gonna do No Holds Barred soon too!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I listened to the mini episode, there is a live show coming up in March. LA again. Come back to NYC. :(

I was kind of nervous on this episode until I listened to the mini-sode. Paul seemed to be looking forward to it or he seemed to enjoy the idea of it. Plus he liked the song so that's a good sign.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Paul seems pumped for it. It's a fun movie that doesnt take itself seriously and it has just the right amount of craziness. Plus who doesnt like the theme song?

jred2k

Also, if they're doing MK, man there is no way they don't do Annihilation, because that's a true "how did this get made."

The first one made $122 million(WW) on a $18 million budget.

Its been a long time since I've seen it and I've only ever watched the edited for TV version. Can't wait to see down and watch it this weekend.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I didnt know he had an instagram. Great picture.

KcY4XKW.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I just finished watching MK. Even after all these years, I still enjoy it. Some thoughts:

1- Sweet fucking hair Liu Kang.
2- Christian Bale got his Batman voice from Rayden.
3- Speaking of which, I forgot they white washed Rayden.
4- Kano is still a badass mofo.
5- The fight scenes were done by a 15 year old. Even so, Liu Kang vs Subzero is awesome. dat running up the wall back flip tho.
6- Goro looks a lot better than I remember. His eyes were all kinds of creepy.
7- Reptile's CGI is crazy bad.
8- Kitana is hotter than I remember.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Raiden's voice is so goofy in the movie. It's a damn shame they replaced him in MK:A.

His voice changes throughout the movie. Beginning part is his Batman voice. Then he changes to more of a goofy sounding voice. Then he starts whispering for no reason.

Oh man, I didn't notice James Remar played Rayden in the second one. I like James, but yeah, they should have brought him back for MK:A.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Good episode. Holy crap at that review lol.

Edit- Wow, even June and Paul didn't know? That is crazy.

Lol, I love June. Hearing her describe Frogger was golden.

Is it me or does it sound like they are going to do MK:A at the live show?

Sounded like a possibility for maybe the second show. They seemed to back off on it to watch this one, but I could see June being interested after finding out there's a sequel and Paul probably still wanting to do it.

I kind of feel like they wouldn't want to do both MK's so close together though.

Plus didn't they already announce the live show movie? I thought it was one people have been wanting them to do forever, can't recall what that was though.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
If they do the sequel I can't WAIT to see the reaction to
Johnny Cage dying immediately... when the sequel starts immediately after the first one
. What a punch in the balls.

If they do the sequel I can't WAIT to see the reaction to
Johnny Cage dying immediately... when the sequel starts immediately after the first one
. What a punch in the balls.

The sequel will be hilarious just because of the amount of confusion from June. She didn't know the characters names after the first and then to see Raiden replaced and with a different look she'd probably think it's a different character completely. Then a different Sonya and the intro of Jade I could see her getting more upset by the sequel.

I'm now hoping they do the sequel.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Jason will probably hate the MK franchise as a whole after the sequel. But you are probably right in that they won't do both films so close together.

Top Bottom