• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I threw a pillow across the room after the twist.

The wife is working tomorrow night so I'll be cracking open some cold ones and watching Street Fighter.

I felt that way anytime Kristen was on screen lol.

I fell asleep twice on this movie. Those honeymoon scenes went on for to long.

Thanks to Twilight putting me to sleep yesterday, I'm going to have to wait until Monday to watch SF.

I felt that way anytime Kristen was on screen lol.

I fell asleep twice on this movie. Those honeymoon scenes went on for to long.

Thanks to Twilight putting me to sleep yesterday, I'm going to have to wait until Monday to watch SF.

Oh, did you watch Part 1 and 2?

Part 1. Figured I should get the whole twilight experience.

I regret it.

Haha, ok. Ya Part 1 is pretty unbearable. Part 2 is a lot better.

Can't believe I'm discussing which Twilight movies I like more.

pq1bbXxl.png

Jason was on Parks and Rec last night. I was glad to hear a "How dare you" and he called people "garbage".

Gonna watch Street Fighter tonight to get ready for Tuesday.

Jason was on Parks and Rec last night. I was glad to hear a "How dare you" and he called people "garbage".

Gonna watch Street Fighter tonight to get ready for Tuesday.

Nice, I haven't seen this weeks episode. I went though his IMDB and saw that he's been on before, was he the same character? He was also on a recent episode of Modern Family but I didn't know who he was at the time. I need to rewatch that episode because the character he played was hilarious.

SF for me tonight as well.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Haha, ok. Ya Part 1 is pretty unbearable. Part 2 is a lot better.

Can't believe I'm discussing which Twilight movies I like more.

Lol. This is why I love the podcast. It has gotten me to watch some films which I wouldn't even touch with a 10 foot pole in the past.

Street Fighter is on a short waiting list(Netflix). They might end up sending me Pt 2 in the process.

Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 has to be better than Part 1 because, seriously, not a single goddamn thing happens in Part 1 outside the wedding, and this hilarious implication no one wants to touch that one hot wolf chick.

Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 has to be better than Part 1 because, seriously, not a single goddamn thing happens in Part 1 outside the wedding, and this hilarious implication no one wants to touch that one hot wolf chick.

The whole cast is inferior to Ashley Greene, even with her short hair.

Half way through Abduction right now. This movie is ridiculous. Its like The Bourne Identity for Nickelodeon. Taylor Lautner's character appears to suffer from some kind of brain damage. Almost every shot of him involves breathing through the mouth or vacant staring and looking like his character is trying to devise the square root of pi.

totowhoa

Banned
So I listened to the Crank podcasts on Friday afternoon and watched the first movie that night when I got home from work. I watched the second one this afternoon. Damn, these were fucking amazing. I remember seeing trailers for the first one and thinking it seemed like it could be an okay action flick, but I passed and never really heard anything about it from friends.

Jesus man. Those movies were fucking incredible. My fiance and I absolutely loved them. The ending of the second one was fantastic... really can't wait to see a Crank 3. My interest is now piqued for the Ghost Rider sequel and Gamer now... I fully expected both of those movies to be absolute garbage. Watching the trailers for Crank and Crank 2 after seeing the movies, though... it's clear the trailers didn't really express just how whacky the films were.

Listening to the Twilight pt 2 episode and I can't stop loling. So much ridiculous stuff "B Real from Cypress Hill did the commentary on the dvd!"

And I listened to the Abduction episode earlier. Good stuff. Satisfying. I feel like most of my obejctions were spotted by the crew and addressed.

Oh and I tried watching Street Fighter over the weekend but it was so ridiculous I couldn't stick with it. I think maybe I'll try again. I can't believe I liked it as a kid.

I had trouble with Street Fighter too. I took quite a few breaks, it's fucking two hours long. I was never into this movie as a kid so in a way I'm proud of childhood me. But then I think about how I watched Super Mario Bros. over and over.

Retronauts did a great episode about the Street Fighter movie and they all theorize that Guile is just as much of a villain in the movie as Bison is. :lol

Imagine being 10 watching this, Ryu and Vega are about to fight, and Guile crashes through and is basically "NO FUN ALLOWED."

That's funny, when I was watching it I actually found Bison to be more likeable than Guile. Probably had more to do with Raul's performance (which was delightful).

Finished the Breaking Dawn pt 2 episode. I wish they were all that long! And man, now I'm kinda bummed I didn't see that movie before I listened. I had no idea how insane that franchise is.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
"I own this city!"

"Yeah, well I'm the repo man, and you are out of business."

Ice burn.

"I own this city!"

"Yeah, well I'm the repo man, and you are out of business."

Ice burn.

Ugh, so much bad dialogue. One of my favorites is when Ken and Ryu are undercover and they say something like, "it sucks because these guys are the good guys, and we're good guys!", just in case the audience forgot what was going on.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ugh, so much bad dialogue. One of my favorites is when Ken and Ryu are undercover and they say something like, "it sucks because these guys are the good guys, and we're good guys!", just in case the audience forgot what was going on.

That was cringe worthy lol. I am grateful though, since now I know where this little tibbit comes from:

"You came into our village, blah blah blah"

"Sorry, I don't remember"

"You don't remember?"

"For you, the day bison came into your village, was the most important day of your life. For me, it was Tuesday.".

Edit- Are you watching some extended edition, or something? Just finished it, hour and a half. That was bad, mostly stemming from the dialogue. Raul's performance is probably worth the watch. There is tons of crap you have to sit there before it gets remotely interesting(I.e. fights scenes).

That was cringe worthy lol. I am grateful though, since now I know where this little tibbit comes from:

"You came into our village, blah blah blah"

"Sorry, I don't remember"

"You don't remember?"

"For you, the day bison came into your village, was the most important day of your life. For me, it was Tuesday.".

Haha ya, I didn't know where that originated from. Looking forward to tomorrows episode. Hope it's a long one.

Edit: just went back and checked the run time, you're right - 100 min with credits. Not sure where I got 2 hours from. Felt like it though.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
This episode was pretty good especially when June doesn't know exactly what a Street Fighter is :lol

BearChair

The fact that June knows nothing about the game or the world makes this 1000 times better. Her theories are completely insane and fantastic.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
This episode was pretty good especially when June doesn't know exactly what a Street Fighter is :lol

The fact that June knows nothing about the game or the world makes this 1000 times better. Her theories are completely insane and fantastic.

I cannot wait to hear what theories she has come up with this time lol.

Sometimes I think she has eaten weed cookies at the start of the show, and it doesn't kick in until mid-way through. Usually around the point when she throws at least one theory around.

The new episode is up? Damn I missed it and I can't get it here at work. Oh well. Currently relistening to the Justin to Kelly episode live w/ Nick Kroll. This is definitely one of my favorite eps.

I was so happy that HDTGM picked up the "My friends call me Kelly, for short," line in From Justin to Kelly.

That has always been the biggest WTF moment from that film for me.

(Kellizabeth? Kellmantha? Kellexandra?)

I guess maybe it's because they just did a movie I know so well (though I've only seen bits of FJTK and loved that episode), but I enjoyed the hell out of this week's show. Helps that they got someone who's somewhat familiar with the game and in contrast to June it was great.

I was so happy that HDTGM picked up the "My friends call me Kelly, for short," line in From Justin to Kelly.

That has always been the biggest WTF moment from that film for me.

(Kellizabeth? Kellmantha? Kellexandra?)

"They call me Kelly for short" is just plain great writing.

Ha they actually address that. Justin says "Hey you're the girl from the beach" (like thats her name) and that's why Kelly says "My friends call me Kelly for short". Very lame and not funny .. so it fits with the rest of the movie!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Haha, I loved her attempts to dissect why it's called Street Fighter. Good episode.

That was a fantastic episode. The whole thing where you is trying to figure out, and define what a Street Fighter is, was amazing. The super cut at the end was great too.

Ha they actually address that. Justin says "Hey you're the girl from the beach" (like thats her name) and that's why Kelly says "My friends call me Kelly for short". Very lame and not funny .. so it fits with the rest of the movie!

I only sort of understand that joke.

Obviously Kim Fuller is waaaaay smarter than me. His humor is too sophisticated for my feeble brain.

Just started listening to this podcast about a week ago and I'm so glad I jump ahead for the most recent episode. So far it's hilarious. June being seriously perplexed by the idea of street fighter and what street fighting is was amazing.

I only sort of understand that joke.

Obviously Kim Fuller is waaaaay smarter than me. His humor is too sophisticated for my feeble brain.

Seems like a lame attempt at a "Don't call me Shirley" type joke.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
The quality of this podcast often depends on the quality of the guests. The mainstays are hilarious. The guests sometimes... are not.
EDIT: The reason that Kelly joke doesn't make sense while watching it is because Kelly's delivery is terrible.

The quality of this podcast often depends on the quality of the guests. The mainstays are hilarious. The guests sometimes... are not.
EDIT: The reason that Kelly joke doesn't make sense while watching it is because Kelly's delivery is terrible.

Ya, Rhetta really brought down the Spice World episode.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
'Oh yeah, June, they totally explore that relationship in the game. In the love level.'

I love Jason lol.

John was a great guest. I hope he comes back in future episodes.

So what do you say guys - watch Street Fighter all the way through before listening to the episode?

And I'm so bummed. I only have 5 episodes left that I haven't listened to. And the only reason I haven't listened to them yet is because I'd kinda like to see the movies first.

The Tourist
Green Lantern
Crank 2
Skyline
The Wicker Man

I watched the Devil's Advocate one and it was pretty funny, but good lord, I could not get over that one dude's lazy talking/lisp thing with a pleadingly passionate tone he had going on. His voice ruins it for me.

So what do you say guys - watch Street Fighter all the way through before listening to the episode?

And I'm so bummed. I only have 5 episodes left that I haven't listened to. And the only reason I haven't listened to them yet is because I'd kinda like to see the movies first.

The Tourist
Green Lantern
Crank 2
Skyline
The Wicker Man
Of that list I'd probably avoid The Tourist and Skyline.

Top Bottom