• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

Nether!

Love this podcast, it's very accessible and upbeat - all hosts are performers and keep the show from becoming meandering and boring.

My only complaint is that they don't release episodes weekly.

It was the inspiration for my own podcast, where we listen to bad albums.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Imagine if it came out today. You know they'd crowbar Betty White into it.

Starring Jason Statham, alongside Betty White.

Love this podcast, it's very accessible and upbeat - all hosts are performers and keep the show from becoming meandering and boring.

My only complaint is that they don't release episodes weekly.

It was the inspiration for my own podcast, where we listen to bad albums.

One thing I love about the podcast, is you can pick any episode, and it feels like it was released last week. They nailed the structure, and feel of the podcast very early.

That is actually a great idea. Wish you the best of luck.

I just realized I have a flight coming up. I should watch Stop or My Mom Will Shoot on the plane so the person sitting next to me will always have a story to tell their friends.

BONUS: I should laugh like this when I watch it ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm81LSKJC2k

Maybe by the end of the flight, you will have convinced the person to listen to the podcast lol.

I just got done watching 'The Devils Advocate.' Yes, I have never seen this movie before today. Amazing. I'm going to listen to the episode again.

Which one should I do next? The Room, Cobra, or From Justin to Kelly?

Nether!

One thing I love about the podcast, is you can pick any episode, and it feels like it was released last week. They nailed the structure, and feel of the podcast very early.

That is actually a great idea. Wish you the best of luck.

Thanks,

here's a link if you're interested in checking it out.

The Room episode was interesting in that it didn't follow the structure of other instalments. They had "Mark" in the studio and so when they're asking questions like "what the fuck is going on here?!" there's actually someone there to answer it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Room.

The trailer gives me a Birdemic vibe.

Thanks,

here's a link if you're interested in checking it out.

The Room episode was interesting in that it didn't follow the structure of other instalments. They had "Mark" in the studio and so when they're asking questions like "what the fuck is going on here?!" there's actually someone there to answer it.

Thanks for the link. Downloaded the last three (recent) episodes. Will give it a listen tomorrow. Fabio After Dark? You guys are brave.

GK86 - I personally recommend from Justin to Kelly. One of their best episodes and definitely their best live episode. The Cobra episode is pretty good too. Brian Posehn was into it.

The Room episode isn't really funny. Its just kinda interesting to hear about Tommy's insanity (ie his obsession with the idea of throwing a football being the pinnacle of entertainment or going outdoors to a rooftop to stand in front of a green screen of an outdoors rooftop).

____

So on the latest mini episode Paul teased that they might start doing tv shows. What would you guys like to see get the treatment?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
GK86 - I personally recommend from Justin to Kelly. One of their best episodes and definitely their best live episode. The Cobra episode is pretty good too. Brian Posehn was into it.

The Room episode isn't really funny. Its just kinda interesting to hear about Tommy's insanity (ie his obsession with the idea of throwing a football being the pinnacle of entertainment or going outdoors to a rooftop to stand in front of a green screen of an outdoors rooftop).

____

So on the latest mini episode Paul teased that they might start doing tv shows. What would you guys like to see get the treatment?

Might go with FJtK, the episode was hilarious. If the Room episode isn't funny, then I can hold off on it.

I think he said it best, too much of a comminetment. Both in time spent watching the season/episodes, and possibly money spent (assuming they were to pick something not on Netflix streaming).

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Speaking of The Room, I had two meals with Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero (Mark from The Room). Very interesting. Greg is really really cool, completely chill guy. Tommy is basically exactly what you think he would be. Super weird.

Speaking of The Room, I had two meals with Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero (Mark from The Room). Very interesting. Greg is really really cool, completely chill guy. Tommy is basically exactly what you think he would be. Super weird.

How'd you end up having dinner with those guys? What's their relationship like?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
How'd you end up having dinner with those guys? What's their relationship like?

We brought them to our campus for a showing of The Room. Greg wasn't even supposed to come, but he tagged along. It's funny - Tommy will do something ridiculous (he would stop our waitress and tell these stupid stories or make stupid jokes) and Greg would just laugh at him and shake his head. He would quietly mock him throughout the time I was with them. I mean he obviously likes Tommy, but I think he just can't believe some of the stuff he does.

Honestly, my experience with Tommy was pretty limited, I talked mostly to Greg. He really liked Mad Men, which at the time was about to premier (last season). One of the funniest things was at the very end of the night when we were taking a group picture with Greg and Tommy and Tommy had to make the picture perfectly what he wanted. He spent like 5 minutes getting us all in the positions he wanted us in. And then there was no room for him so his solution was just to sit on me and assume I would make room, which I did.

We brought them to our campus for a showing of The Room. Greg wasn't even supposed to come, but he tagged along. It's funny - Tommy will do something ridiculous (he would stop our waitress and tell these stupid stories or make stupid jokes) and Greg would just laugh at him and shake his head. He would quietly mock him throughout the time I was with them. I mean he obviously likes Tommy, but I think he just can't believe some of the stuff he does.

Honestly, my experience with Tommy was pretty limited, I talked mostly to Greg. He really liked Mad Men, which at the time was about to premier (last season). One of the funniest things was at the very end of the night when we were taking a group picture with Greg and Tommy and Tommy had to make the picture perfectly what he wanted. He spent like 5 minutes getting us all in the positions he wanted us in. And then there was no room for him so his solution was just to sit on me and assume I would make room, which I did.

Heh, no room for Tommy. Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

SmithnCo

I wish the Smurfs one was still up, it was pretty funny.

I'm debating whether to watch Stop or My Mom Will Shoot. Sounds dumb enough to be entertaining.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Finally listened to the Street Fighter episode and the "What is a Street Fighter?" part killed me.

You know that thing where a dictator wants to take over the world to bring about peace?

I do know that thing.

My two favorites part of the episode. It had me crying.

I wish the Smurfs one was still up, it was pretty funny.

I'm debating whether to watch Stop or My Mom Will Shoot. Sounds dumb enough to be entertaining.

I checked out the trailer, and it looks dumb enough to be entertaining. And its available on Netflix, no money wasted.

Thank you, based Potter.

been listening to this for quite a while, great show.

tumblr_mjoc02Fhk41r7itg8o1_500.jpg

totowhoa

Banned
Oh my god. I only have a couple more hours to go before I've listened to every show. I'll be done on Sunday... and then I'll have to start waiting ;_;

My other podcasts should be very pleased about this predicament, though.

I'm so glad they canned the final mailbag and June segments though. The second opinions are so much better. The mailbags are so awful...

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Oh my god. I only have a couple more hours to go before I've listened to every show. I'll be done on Sunday... and then I'll have to start waiting ;_;

My other podcasts should be very pleased about this predicament, though.

I'm so glad they canned the final mailbag and June segments though. The second opinions are so much better. The mailbags are so awful...

Yup. I thought those segments were terrible when I first heard them.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I just got done with 'Stop or My Mother Will Shoot", it was better than expected. Although, that isn't saying much. A few moments where I laughed. The action scenes out of all things, were bad. Stallone is shooting chains out, from miles away. Definitely over the top.

The best part was:

when Stallone said "Stop or my mom will shoot!", simply because of his facial expression.

Also, I think they should switch to Netflix reviews, because some of these are gold:

Stallone at his finest, This movie reminded me of what real cinema is all about. This is up there with Deathwish 5 and hobo with a shotgun in my opinion. I wish every movie the main character was paired with their mother. Thanks Netflix happy April fools!

This movie did an excellent job expressing the difficulty of reconciling the needs of self with the feelings of others.

"Oh wow!" That's all i can say about this wonderful film. Two great actors combined into perfect ambience, presentation, dialogue and excellent story ripe with smothering comedic relief. I wish I would have seen this film along time ago. Estelle was the BOMB in the golden girls and seeing her in this movie made me instantly refer back to her role as MAHH! It is diffinately worth watching and adding to any collection.

I saw Whitney Moore re-tweet this. Birdemic 2 for $10. I really hope (and am positive) this will be a future HDTGM. https://chill.com/james_nguyen/birdemic2

I don't know who in their right mind would open their wallet for that movie.

Haha, Arnett as Clinton. I remember hearing Paul promote this on the SF episode. What a crazy concept.

Btw, got the wife hooked on the podcast. Mission accomplished.

Interesting concept. I'm going to keep an eye on it.

Lol, awesome. Which episode did you use? I tried getting my ex hooked on it, but she wasn't having it. No wonder things didn't work out.

Lol, awesome. Which episode did you use? I tried getting my ex hooked on it, but she wasn't having it. No wonder things didn't work out.

Looking forward to Stop or My Mom Will Shoot. I'll be watching it Monday.

I started her off on From Justin to Kelly. Thought it was a good one because we went on a cruise around 10 years ago and it was pretty much the only thing playing in the rooms, so we have fond memories. What episode did you have the ex listen to?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Looking forward to Stop or My Mom Will Shoot. I'll be watching it Monday.

I started her off on From Justin to Kelly. Thought it was a good one because we went on a cruise around 10 years ago and it was pretty much the only thing playing in the rooms, so we have fond memories. What episode did you have the ex listen to?

Its a movie I could see myself watching in the background. Its not as bad as you might think from the trailer.

FJtK, Sleep away, and Devils Advocate, I think are the holy Trinity to get someone hooked.

I tried to kill two birds with one stone, by doing the sleepaway episode. Since she never saw the movie, thought we would watch it, and then listen afterwards. Didn't work out so much lol.

Stop or My Mom Will Shoot was fairly
bonkers
. Sly's character is a master chain shooter.

He's a terrible shot, but man, can he nail those chains like no tomorrow.

Just watched Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot.

Wow. Most unprofessional fictional police department ever.

Also, I think his mom is in love with his girlfriend.

SmithnCo

Just watched Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot.

Wow. Most unprofessional fictional police department ever.

Also, I think his mom is in love with his girlfriend.

I like how they get into a highly lethal firefight, outnumbered, over stolen electronics. And that's in the first five minutes.

I like how they get into a highly lethal firefight, outnumbered, over stolen electronics. And that's in the first five minutes.
What I love most is that he's fucking his boss, everyone knows it, and it's treated like it's not at all unusual or unethical.

And his lady friend/boss behaves in the most stereotypically female way imaginable.

I also love how his mother somehow avoided creating a toxic cloud after haphazardly mixing about a dozen different household chemicals in the sink.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Or how she kills someone, and it doesn't seem to affect her, or anyone around her.

Top Bottom