• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many games do you have on the Epic Store? Have you ever bought any from there?

Have you bought any games from the Epic Store with your own money?

• Total voters
Probably 30 or 40 of the free games. The launcher works well enough, maybe not the best but well enough. I'd buy something on there if that's where I found the best price.

Yamisan

309, I just grab the weekly free games, I rarely play them. I've never bought a game on it and never will.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
85 total, out of which 28 actually bought. Will buy Black Myth there also.
I just buy from wherever its cheaper for me. Steam has very slight preference but Epic store is fine too.

JayK47

I have so many games now on Epic, I forget what I have. I will go to grab a new free game and find out I already have it. I have never purchased a game with them.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
More people bought games from Epic than I expected. It's a pleasing situation. I like Steam, but I don't like the idea of being tied to a single person or platform. Even just motivating Steam to improve itself is enough. I've played a lot of games through Epic and haven't encountered any issues. It has a refund feature, and the library organization feature has also been added, which made it even better. It's still far behind Steam, but it's not unusable. It's much faster and more functional compared to its older versions. I hate the exclusive deals, but to be honest, no one would buy games from there otherwise lol.

Laptop1991

I haven't bought a single one, but i've got loads of games on there, too many to be honest, i won't play most of them or already have on Steam or elsewhere.

Davevil

Late October Surprise
Screenshot-2024-08-17-082059.png

Spyxos

Gold Member
Funnily enough, I now have more games with Epic than with Stem. Epic has 430 games and Steam has 410. I think I've bought around 10 games from Epic.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Let me check, I think I'm missing like 2 or 3 free games from all the ones they gave away over the years. Other than that, I did buy Borderlands 3 when it was Epic exclusive, Ghost Recon Breakpoint Gold Edition during a sale, and Hades when it was in early access and before it came to Steam. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

tPXzFuh.png

T-Cake

467 "items" in my library but some of them are demos, books, betas, etc. I do think I've bought one solitary game but cannot remember what it was. It will be something cheap, I'm sure. (Fall Guys DLC, I remembered.)

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I have a ton of free games and I've bought a handful of exclusives, but absolutely nothing that was available on Steam at the time I bought it.

BlackTron

About 170 games, haven't spent a dime there. A surprising amount of real-ass games like GTA, Death Stranding, Dues Ex and Bioshock are in there. Some stuff I already had on console so it's a nice chance to gain access to a PC version for performance/posterity/consolidation when I wouldn't re-buy it otherwise.

I’m not PC gamer. Thankfully:messenger_winking_tongue:

Thankful you don't have to muse with sending Epic money to play a game? Count your blessings. Thankful you can't cost Epic money to accept free games? Meh.

calistan

I bought 3 and claimed 7 or 8 free ones, but recently I decided I didn’t want EGS on my PC anymore so I gave them all up. The store program is quite persistent and takes a bit of effort to uninstall. Fuck Epic.

rm082e

I think I own about 50 games on EGS. I had a reminder to check their store for the free game for a while. I didn't bother taking the offer if I knew I would never play the game, so my library is decent stuff.

I have bought 7 or 8 games there because they consistently have those extra $10 off coupons. I have no issue with having multiple launchers and their service has been perfectly reliable for me. Sure, it doesn't have the features of Steam, but I don't need those things just to play a game.

Guilty_AI

Collected them for about 6 months until i realized i would never play any of them and had no issue paying whooping 5 dollars for the ones i would, so i just nuked the account.

SyberWolf

only bought two, Alan wake 2 and Control, have 120 games in epic from the weekly games/twitch.

Last edited:

lmimmfn

I've bought 33 games on EGS

RoboCop: Rogue City
The Last of Us™ Part I
Alan Wake 2
Hogwarts Legacy
Dead Space
A Plague Tale: Requiem
Hades
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Standard Edition
Marvel's Midnight Suns
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection
Detroit: Become Human
Destroy All Humans! 2 - Reprobed
Heavy Rain
Beyond Two Souls
LEGO® Star Wars™: The Skywalker Saga
DEATHLOOP
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE
Total War: WARHAMMER III
Assassins Creed Odyssey Standard Edition
Farming Simulator 22
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition
Days Gone
Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla + Immortals Fenyx R...
God of War
DEATH STRANDING
HITMAN 3
STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Standard Edition
Destroy All Humans!
STAR WARS™: Squadrons
Control

Although technically i didnt spend any money purchasing them as my 20euro a month internet gives me 20euro per month for EGS and it accumulates(i guess its intended for Fortnight spending), i have about 200euro EGS credit atm. The most that can be spent on 1 transaction is 50euro which is quite limiting so can really only buy things when on a deal or sales period.

The store/launcher is quite awful although it has gotten better, the selection of games and prices does suck also as most new releases are >50euro. Its also a bit fiddly using EGS on the steamdeck.

*EDIT* : Just saw Manor Lord is on EGS and for 30 euro so just picked that up.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
2 games, World War Z which I also bought on Steam many years later cuz fuck Epic Store, and Alan Wake 2. One of the worse stores I've ever used. uplay and EA stores are bad but they feel miles ahead of Epic Store. Actually uplay is pretty decent.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The Epic games store often has better sales than Steam, in particular when they throw in both reusable 25% discount coupons plus Epic rewards (5% or sometimes 10% off towards your next purchase). I value my hard earned money more than loyalty to either Steam or Epic. Besides that, I'd rather buy a game from the Epic store than from the Ubisoft or EA stores.

Got 404 games, bought 8 of those.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
The Epic games store often has better sales than Steam, in particular when they throw in both reusable 25% discount coupons plus Epic rewards (5% or sometimes 10% off towards your next purchase).
I think they could achieve much better sales if they offered discounts like this to those who purchase games on their platform day one, instead of making it exclusive. Maybe they could also provide early access for 1-2 weeks as an additional benefit. They should have reached the maximum number of people who could sign up for a free game. If they're going to spend money, they should spend it this way imho.

Last edited:
Top Bottom