• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much RAM do you have on your PC

How much RAM do you have on your PC?

• 8GB or less

Votes: 10 2.8%
  • 16GB

Votes: 73 20.8%
  • 24GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 32GB

Votes: 207 59.0%
  • 48GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 64GB

Votes: 51 14.5%
  • 128GB or more

Votes: 8 2.3%

• Total voters

winjer

Gold Member

jz6BEbP.png

Simple question: How much RAM do you have?
You might also tell us if you think you have enough, or plan on upgrading soon.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Upgraded from 8 ddr3 to 16 ddr4 about two years ago. I've been hearing it's barely enough these days, but I can't say I've had any RAM-related issues so far even on a dual monitor setup with several stuff open along with the main game. With 8 it was a nightmare just alt-tabing to look something up on chrome.

Last edited:

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
32GB Corsair something or other paired with 14000k something my son just installed for me. Do not know any more info on it, but I’m pretty sure it’s 32 or 64 I’ll have to ask.

Hudo

64 GB DDR5 right now. Also have a 4090 and its amount of VRAM is actually my bottleneck and not really the normal system RAM (I am not only doing gaming on my PC).

Last edited:

Kenpachii

64gb ddr5.

Reason, play a lot of games, with having 2 monitors do stuff up and unpack/pack shit in files at the same time, i noticed my 32gb would be sometimes completely pegged on my old pc, so opted for 64gb on my new one. Complete overkill for games tho.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
4bBkYjC.png

Seriously, WTF is The Last of Us Part I doing? Hogwarts Legacy as well for that matter. These games not only requires huge amounts of RAM but also of VRAM. For what exactly?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
32 and it's fine. No need to upgrade yet but it wasn't expensive to move from 16 to 32.

Mownoc

16GB, not had any issues with that amount of ram yet. Won't bother getting 32gb until I build a DDR5 system.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I have 64 because I wanted to leave no doubt. My RAM also has color changing LEDs because that is a thing now.

ZehDon

My home PC was a stand-in for my dev machine during the initial COVID RFH period, so I put it up to 64GB. 32GB is still plenty for modern games, though.

32 GB but only recently when I went with an AM5 build. Before that I had 16 GB for like 10 years or so. Never ran into any issues.

Last edited:

NeonDelta

32Gb but only because photoshop kept crashing while I was creating f1 22 livaries. Otherwise 16gb would probably be fine for me

Top Bottom