• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

My computer on windows 8 wasn't recognizing mine at all either even after I enabled usb debugging. Not sure what did it in the end, I think I restarted my computer and it started working :p

OMG JUSTIFIED LIFE COMPLETE etc....even though we kind of already knew this. Most review sites who said the one was the best android phone for the year already tried the GS4.

Cipherr

4yvjabY.png

And:

Verge Galaxy S4 review is in, and its beLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW the HTC One.

Somebody alert the paid Samsung shills, much spinning will be needed! HTC whipped that ass this year. Disgonbegood.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The remote control functionality is so awesome. I love using it. Very smart design feature that Id love to see built into more devices.

Holy shit...just discovered an awesome feature with the TV app.

When the screen times out with the app running it doesn't lock! You simply move the phone and it comes back on! So fucking awesome. You don't have to constantly unlock the phone to use the remote. :D

Volotaire

Why the hell can we not get the SD slot version from China. I would be all over this phone for that one feature.

EDIT: Actually if I bought one from China, would it be compatible with international networks (UK)?

catmincer

Why the hell can we not get the SD slot version from China. I would be all over this phone for that one feature.

EDIT: Actually if I bought one from China, would it be compatible with international networks (UK)?

As long as it's GSM which I think all Chinese networks use, yeah!

Purexed

Banned
I came home today and pretty much researched nonstop. Conclusion: I think I'm going to do it. Ditch the iPhone 5 and jump on the One. The build quality, design, screen, camera features, and OS are not only great but new and exciting for somebody who has been an exclusive iPhone user for years now. It also looks to be the best Android phone on the market right now, (I really dislike Galaxy) so I see it as a perfect place to jump in.

Any thoughts on what the best way is to get rid of the iPhone while making some cash? Is that Gazelle service legitimate? I did a GameStop trade in for my 4 which was nice and convenient, though it felt undervalued.

Sold mine for 476 in my pocket to Glyde. More than covered the 266 I spent with Att on the new contract.

USB Debugging was already turned to on.

HTC sync manager should recognize the device..and the "more" shouldn't be grayed out anymore....the computer recognize the phone right?

I don't really like the verge...but yeah...this phone is awesome and people who can't see that or delusional because of their brand loyalty will be missing out ...

I think that China version was a fake...

RoKKeR

Just 'listed' my iPhone in the Buy/Sell thread. With any luck I'll be able to sell it to an eager GAFer but if not, I might just go the GameStop route. They were great in past experiences.

Haven't been this geeked out about a phone for quite a while.

ok try checking and un checking the USB Debugged....see what it does.

I tried both with and without it checked, and also turned the developer options on and off, and still nothing. Oddly enough, it says USB Debugging at the top of the screen when I plug it in regardless of what I've set things to.

EvetS

It would depend on the carrier, China mobile is TD-SCDMA, China unicom is 3g GSM, and China Telecom is SCDMA.

By default they don't come with Google play so you have to flash a custom rom.

I tried both with and without it checked, and also turned the developer options on and off, and still nothing. Oddly enough, it says USB Debugging at the top of the screen when I plug it in regardless of what I've set things to.

um.....when you plug in the device, when auto play pops up...click the one that says htc sync manager.

um.....when you plug in the device, when auto play pops up...click the one that says htc sync manager.

That's not listed as one of the options. All I see is Sync with Windows Media Player, Open Device to View Files, Import Pictures and Videos using Windows, and Download Images using Adobe Bridge.

VoxPop

That's not listed as one of the options. All I see is Sync with Windows Media Player, Open Device to View Files, Import Pictures and Videos using Windows, and Download Images using Adobe Bridge.

I usually get two separate popups with HTC Sync Manager in one and the usual view files one in the other.

Husker86

Speaking of software, still can't find a Podcast app nearly as good as InstaCast.

I have only used BeyondPod and just recently purchased Pocket Casts. I really like Pocket Casts; have you checked that out? I only have experience with Apple's stock Podcast app so I can't speak for how Pocket Casts compares to InstaCast.

The manager launches, and the windows pop up takes place. I can browse the contents through Windows, but the Manager never sees the phone.

try exiting the the HTC Sycn Manager(make sure its really close on the notification icon area of your laptop), unplug the device and plug it back in.....the sync manager should load up again..see if that works..

try exiting the the HTC Sycn Manager(make sure its really close on the notification icon area of your laptop), unplug the device and plug it back in.....the sync manager should load up again..see if that works..

Tried that, no dice. I just tried uninstalling it, and installing it from the phone being plugged in. Still nothing.

Tried that, no dice. I just tried uninstalling it, and installing it from the phone being plugged in. Still nothing.

ok now lets do that again....make sure Sync manager is fully closed....the device is unplugged...unclick the USB debugged ...then plug it in...the sycn manager should load up again...see what it does

vanty

EDIT: beaten multiple times ahah

The 8.3 international version score was the same guy who did the S4 by the way, 8.5 AT&T one was a different reviewer.

D23

getting it this sunday once i get paid!!

man i just cant imagine the upgrade from my galaxy s vibrant. this phone is literally a piece of shit.

ok now lets do that again....make sure Sync manager is fully closed....the device is unplugged...unclick the USB debugged ...then plug it in...the sycn manager should load up again...see what it does

That seems to finally work. Man what a pain. On a different computer it just worked without doing anything but I didn't have iTunes or my phone backup on there. Transferring now. Thanks for all the assistance.

JayDub

Finally got the HTC One. Sooo nice. Love the "edge to edge" effect of the glass.

Also, weird to see Marty posting and not complaining about an Apple product.

Bad note: Camera makes me feel like Im back on my 3G :(

Top Bottom