• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

centracore

S-OFF utility for HTC One released @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2314582

Gonna run this on mine right away, remove tampered flag and give myself SuperCID!

Success!

zXBRu3B.jpg

HildyB

S-off and S-on are other ways to say bootloader unlocked/locked? I'm not sure I get it. Could someone explain, and what is the benefit?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
So my camera sensor seems to be busted, doesn't focus correctly and my shots all come out blurry :?

Gonna see if I can trade my One in for a new one. Kinda sucks because I have absolutely no issues with the rest of the phone.

TheTowel

Been thinking about swapping my note 2 for this guy. Only hesitation is the lte switch off on sprint. I had the evo lte and the 4g switch off from 3g was terrible. The note 2 is a lot better with reception. People over at android central and xda claim it's still an issue. Any sprint users want to give me their experience?

Trouble

Banned
So when the vanilla Android version of the One is released will I be able to install the vanilla OS on my AT&T One? I really want this.

Trouble

Banned
Well you should start learning. The phone won't auto-magically OTA(over the air) update to stock android.

Yeah, I know. The sad/embarrassing thing is I'm a Unix Systems Engineer, so it's not like this stuff is that complicated or foreign to me. I just haven't bothered to educate myself, because I haven't needed to.

Yeah, I know. The sad/embarrassing thing is I'm a Unix Systems Engineer, so it's not like this stuff is that complicated or foreign to me. I just haven't bothered to educate myself, because I haven't needed to.

That's ok, we have to start somewhere.

Xda is a good place to start. Here the ATT version forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2222

But a fair warning is that xda members are kinda bruttal, you should just try to listen to what the developers says.

When the stock android Rom and ruu comes out I can also help you out and walkthrough it with you.

Jedi2016

Is it just me or does the phone take 10 years to charge? It's like iPad levels of slow.
Depends on what you're charging it from. It'll charge faster off the wall than it will from a USB port. I typically don't have a problem with that sort of thing, I balance my battery out so that I only have to charge it at night while I'm sleeping. Doesn't matter how long it takes in that situation.

If you're in the market for a Sense ROM, I'd recommend ARHD 10.1. It's got the latest firmware, Android 4.2.2, and all the worthless AT&T stuff stripped out of it, but it still has Sense 5, so you don't lose things like the camera functionality. (that's one thing they don't tell you about the stock ROM.. the camera will work at a basic level, but all of the features like Zoe and high-speed video are gone).

Recorded Anamanaguchi's encore last night (Brick & Mortar in SF). The quality of the audio surprised me! I usually get a ton of distortion when recording loud, bass-heavy shows but this phone did a damn decent job!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYgzwvaZfF0

That Nokia tech lol ..

Here's a video I recorded with a Nokia pureview 808, which has the best audio recording capability of any smartphone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3E82gSF074&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The HTC one quality is nearly as good.

BFIB

Made a Zoe this weekend for a little wine weekend getaway. The feature was a big hit, and my outside shots looked great.

Now to look into this "S-Off" thing.....

bucklam66

Grabbed one pf these thursday after my evo design died off..I hope it as durable as the design the only good thing about that phone was it was built like a tank.

So far it is amazing how fast this phone is, any case recomendati0ons that don't hide the beauty of this phone?

manfestival

anyone else having issues with tmobiles wifi calling? It seems to constantly hang up on people even though it says my signal is strong....

also does anyone have any good sites where i can get good wallpapers for my one?

anyone else having issues with tmobiles wifi calling? It seems to constantly hang up on people even though it says my signal is strong....

also does anyone have any good sites where i can get good wallpapers for my one?

Download the Zedge app, they have some great ones, but you'll have to pick what part of the wallpaper to use on the phone as they're mainly tablet sizes.

Peterthumpa

So, is the latest Android release for the internation version yet? I keep reading references to it but there's no update when checking.

Why won't just use ARHD 10.2 which is base on 4.2.2? I've had 4.2.2 for a few weeks now and its awesome.

Solid as a rock and smooth. Im getting 30 hours battery life, 6 hours screen time, mix wifi and LTE. Running it on AT&T and getting up to 60mps on LTE.

we got S-Off now so going back to 100% stock is possible.

As mentioned in the general Android thread, I had Best Buy pricematch Amazon's one-day promotion to renew my contract for $99. Subscribing to thread, but damn does this phone feel nice compared to my GSII.

I'll probably learn this from deep-diving into the thread, but how are Diztronic cases for this? I liked the one I had for the GSII, but I'm trying to see if there is a way to show off its aluminum finish better.

So my camera sensor seems to be busted, doesn't focus correctly and my shots all come out blurry :?

Gonna see if I can trade my One in for a new one. Kinda sucks because I have absolutely no issues with the rest of the phone.

Wow same exact issue here. I've owned since launch. I've also read about this in a few other places. Hopefully this isn't too big of an issue. AT&Thave a replacement unit on the way to me.

Top Bottom