• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

reKon

Banned
had 4.2.2 for a couple of days now, and I can really say that the battery life is improved. I got 6 hours screen time with heavy usage today.

ughhh I need a ROM that will support wifi calling/texting on t-mobile for 4.2.2!

Also, do you use the app greenify? if you don't, you should try that and see if things improve even further. I typically greenify things like google maps, but don't greenify any messaging apps to avoid screwing it up.

Ferny

ughhh I need a ROM that will support wifi calling/texting on t-mobile for 4.2.2!

Also, do you use the app greenify? if you don't, you should try that and see if things improve even further. I typically greenify things like google maps, but don't greenify any messaging apps to avoid screwing it up.

Is that one of those VPN things that help conserve data or something?

Maddness

Ok. I just bought an HTC One. Loving it so far. Though, I'm assuming putting stuff on here will enhance it to levels beyond human imagination?

Orcastar

Welp, had a closer look at my One's screen and it turns out I've got one dead pixel and a dozen or so stuck ones. This baby is going right back to the store.

BFIB

Welp, had a closer look at my One's screen and it turns out I've got one dead pixel and a dozen or so stuck ones. This baby is going right back to the store.

That's a bummer.

No dead pixels on mine (dead pixel test app works wonders), but I do have a gap on the top part on the phone. I can live with that more than the dead pixels.

ill check out greenify.

what app are you using for wifi calling/texting?

reKon

Banned
ill check out greenify.

what app are you using for wifi calling/texting?

It's built into the rom I think and runs through T-Mobile. T-Mobile provides this service for free and it like it because it works extremely well. I'm in Chicago, but I live more north of downtown so when at my place, the reception isn't as strong. With Wifi call/text, calls are extremely clear for me and texting and I feel like texting is instant.

switched out keyboards to swiftkey... huuuuuuuuuuge difference. Stock keyboard is ass. That was the first thing i found that i really hated about the phone. Just felt slow and clunky and not very accurate.

Next I think i need to find a new browser as well. Willy probably just use chrome

switched out keyboards to swiftkey... huuuuuuuuuuge difference. Stock keyboard is ass. That was the first thing i found that i really hated about the phone. Just felt slow and clunky and not very accurate.

Next I think i need to find a new browser as well. Willy probably just use chrome

Chrome is apparently a battery hog.

Over the past week I've dropped my iPhone 4/5 times on concrete. Good thing I have a bulky case on it.

Which means ill be using at least a bumper for my one. What cases/bumpers are y'all using on yours?

Tenck

Anyone mind helping me out on how to find the sd card on the phone menu so I can access my files?

I've been spoiled by my Samsung Infuse. There was a button called "Media" and I could just search through my files easily. Not the case with this phone.

I'd prefer not to have to plug it in to my PC and dragging things out.

Husker86

Anyone mind helping me out on how to find the sd card on the phone menu so I can access my files?

I've been spoiled by my Samsung Infuse. There was a button called "Media" and I could just search through my files easily. Not the case with this phone.

I'd prefer not to have to plug it in to my PC and dragging things out.

Download ES File Explorer

Screens test: HTC One vs. Samsung Galaxy S4

The two hottest flagship Android smartphones right now, the HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4, both earned CNET's Editors' Choice Awards for their stellar designs, massive feature sets, and overall appeal.

So which one has the better screen?

In the tradition of our original screens tests last year, we set out to answer that very question. We used a combination of objective measurements courtesy of the same expensive test gear we use to evaluate and calibrate HDTVs, and subjective observations courtesy of our priceless, expert eyes.

SPOILER ALERT:
"the Samsung Galaxy S4 has the better screen"

leng jai

Found dead pixel on my 64GB unit. That plus the gaps mean I'm returning it for another one today.

Been using the Incipio feather case which fits like a glove, looks good but doesn't offer that much protection (zero in the front).

Greenify didn't help at all. Actually made it worst.

leng jai

Onto my third now. Second one had a gap as well and also another dead pixel. The third one has a gap too but no dead pixels. At this point I just can't be bothered caring about the gap anymore. I don't even think there's one that exists without one.

Definitely the worst quality control I've ever encountered in a high end product.

Orcastar

Got my second One yesterday, no stuck or dead pixels on this one and the gaps are much better too, but there is one problem: there are some kind of faint diagonal lines running across the entire screen. They seem to be under the screen surface and look somewhat similar to fingerprints, giving the entire screen a slightly blurred look. They only really show up on white and light backgrounds, for example on Google's front page, but I can't unsee them now that I know that they're there.

Any ideas what these could be? I'm pretty sure my first One didn't have these.

BFIB

I'm not seeing what you're describing on my HTC One.

Try the dead pixel test app and see if you can view them better. Sounds like you have a defective screen.

As far as the gaps are concerned, I stopped to turn in my paperwork for my employee discount yesterday. Talked to the sales rep about the gap issue. He said they have yet to see a unit that is completely gap free, and have sold plenty of stock.

Volotaire

HTC One Phablet si called HTC One Max (HTC T6)

htc-one-max.jpg

Key Lime Pie or Android 4.2.2
2.1-megapixel front-facing camera
5.9 inch screen
2.3 GHz clocked Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
Unknown RAM (2-3GB)
Same 1080p screen
3300mAh battery.
Ultrapixel Camera
SD Card Slot

height is about the same

If that is the height of the real phone, I want to see the width. I might hang on to see if I can use this as a phone with my small hands.

Orcastar

I'm not seeing what you're describing on my HTC One.

Try the dead pixel test app and see if you can view them better. Sounds like you have a defective screen.

As far as the gaps are concerned, I stopped to turn in my paperwork for my employee discount yesterday. Talked to the sales rep about the gap issue. He said they have yet to see a unit that is completely gap free, and have sold plenty of stock.

I did, the lines appear on pretty much every colour except blue and gray/black. The screen kinda looks like there was some sort of plastic film or poor screen protector on it, or like it's dirty but under the actual screen.

Sigh, I guess I gotta replace it again...

BFIB

I did, the lines appear on pretty much every colour except blue and gray/black. The screen kinda looks like there was some sort of plastic film or poor screen protector on it, or like it's dirty but under the actual screen.

Sigh, I guess I gotta replace it again...

Bummer.

Well, here's to hoping your next one doesn't have any defects.

I love this phone, but the quality control issues seem to know no bounds.

Top Bottom