• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

No update for me on Bell Canada. Not surprised though. I'd assume maybe another week or so for us carrier people.

Apparently this is whats in the 4.2.2 update, taken from XDA:

The current Changelog for the 4.2.2 update is:
- Android 4.2.2
- Improved BlinkFeed
- Stock HTC %battery
- Stock HTC EQS
- Long press home button works as menu
- Possibility to remove all icons from the dock
- Icons doesn't disappear from the app drawer even if added to the dock
- Audio improvements
- Camera improvement
- Thermal configuration improvements

Long press home button, % on battery icon and camera improvements are what i'm most excited about.

Edit: Apparently the One is now matching the S4 benchmark tests in certain programs with this update. Nice.

Lockscreen widgets?

Still waiting on Rogers.

SarBear

Trying 4.2.2

Hmm, seems all good. The only weird thing on the international ROM is the slower vibration speed on text messages. Sounds really off.

DaveH

Glad I waited. I hate paying a 4G premium for an area not covered by AT&T's network.

Any good car mounts for a One in a case?

I've seen two HTC Ones in the wild in the last 24 hours. My first time seeing them outside of my own. Nice to see it starting to spread.

Getting pretty amazing battery life on 4.2.2. Much better than stock 4.1.2 and also runs much much cooler. The new Zoe effects are pretty neat, too.

wow I didn't realize there was new zoe effect..the new gotham one is cool.

4.2.2 pretty much solves what people been wanting. Like the removal of the 3 dot menu and a EQS. I would actually be happy with a completely stock version of 4.2.2 and sense 5.

and regardless of benchmark test the One is the fastest phone right now...unless samsung fix the S4 somehow.

BFIB

A friend of mine who also has the One, just sent me a pic from his work cell phone. His camera lens cracked on him. Said he wasn't aware of when it happened, just noticed it when he went to pick his phone up off his work desk.

Just checked XDA Forums, and apparently, this is happening to quite a few on there.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
A friend of mine who also has the One, just sent me a pic from his work cell phone. His camera lens cracked on him. Said he wasn't aware of when it happened, just noticed it when he went to pick his phone up off his work desk.

Just checked XDA Forums, and apparently, this is happening to quite a few on there.

Yeah, there's a thread full of hot heads on there about it...

Volotaire

Titanium and stupidity apparently.

Actually titanium though.

Titanium may be harder than gorilla glass, or the same hardness so it would explain it.

be careful, some substances are not invulnerable to glass!

Hardness Substance or mineral
0.2–0.3 caesium, rubidium
0.5–0.6 lithium, sodium, potassium
1 talc
1.5 gallium, strontium, indium, tin, barium, thallium, lead, graphite
2 hexagonal boron nitride,[10] calcium, selenium, cadmium, sulfur, tellurium, bismuth
2.5 to 3 magnesium, gold, silver, aluminium, zinc, lanthanum, cerium, Jet_(lignite) (lignite)
3 calcite, copper, arsenic, antimony, thorium, dentin
4 fluorite, iron, nickel
4 to 4.5 platinum, steel
5 apatite, cobalt, zirconium, palladium, tooth enamel, obsidian (volcanic glass)
5.5 beryllium, molybdenum, hafnium
6 orthoclase, titanium, manganese, germanium, niobium, rhodium, uranium
6 to 7 glass, fused quartz, iron pyrite, silicon, ruthenium, iridium, tantalum, opal
7 quartz, vanadium, osmium, rhenium
7.5 to 8 hardened steel, tungsten, emerald, spinel
8 topaz, cubic zirconia
8.5 chrysoberyl, chromium, silicon nitride
9-9.5 corundum, silicon carbide (carborundum), tungsten carbide, titanium carbide, stishovite
9.5–10 rhenium diboride, tantalum carbide, titanium diboride, boron nitride, boron [11][12][13]
10 diamond
>10 nanocrystalline diamond (hyperdiamond, ultrahard fullerite)

Looking on Google apparently Gorilla Glass 2 (in HTC One) is claimed 9 hardness , but is actually 6-7.

Yeah when I got the ring they said it's basically scratch proof. I've had it for two years and not a single sign of wear on it. I know it's my own fault but still annoying.

Luckily I the HTC One that I won still coming. I may swap it haha.

duxstar

So now that I know the HTC one is coming to Verizon finally ....... does anyone know of ANY way to keep my unlimited plan while upgrading to the HTC one? If not how much are these things running off contract; I'm guessing $600 - 800?

BFIB

So now that I know the HTC one is coming to Verizon finally ....... does anyone know of ANY way to keep my unlimited plan while upgrading to the HTC one? If not how much are these things running off contract; I'm guessing $600 - 800?

If you're grandfathered in and eligible, you should be able to keep unlimited correct?

And I would suspect $599 for the 32GB.

duxstar

If you're grandfathered in and eligible, you should be able to keep unlimited correct?

And I would suspect $599 for the 32GB.

thats what I thought too but when I went to the store a few weeks ago to get my nexus fixed the guy was like "yeah you'll be buying off contract right, since you have the unlimited plan and all" and I didn't care at the time cause I knew the HTC one was coming.

BFIB

thats what I thought too but when I went to the store a few weeks ago to get my nexus fixed the guy was like "yeah you'll be buying off contract right, since you have the unlimited plan and all" and I didn't care at the time cause I knew the HTC one was coming.

Sounds like the guy was confused. I'm not sure how Verizon's unlimited works, but if you're eligible for the upgrade, then I would think your unlimited data would carry over.

Rich!

Got HDMI out set up for my HTC one today. Is there any way to make it stretch to fill the screen? As it is, there's a border around the image.

1080p tv set.

Rich!

got pics? or a diagram?

Thefuck.jpg incoming.

Haha. No pics. I'm not that dude who made that infamous thread either.

I bought an adapter on amazon that plugs into the HTC one and has a USB socket and HDMI socket at the end. Seeing that the HTC is 1080x1920 resolution (or so I assume...), it should fill the screen on my TV...right?

Only it doesn't. It's like theres some underscan going on. My TV isn't the issue, as it's set to exact pixel mode.

I might be wrong with the HTC resolution, and that could be why - but I'm sure I read it was full 1080p.

Edit: might as well also ask here. Emulators...what's the best? My current lineup is as such:

Snes - snes9x EX. Almost flawless.
GBA - My Boy! Works great, better than gameboid.
N64 - N64oid
Gameboy - GBC.emu

Would anyone disagree with these choices?

I bought an adapter on amazon that plugs into the HTC one and has a USB socket and HDMI socket at the end. Seeing that the HTC is 1080x1920 resolution (or so I assume...), it should fill the screen on my TV...right?

Only it doesn't. It's like theres some underscan going on. My TV isn't the issue, as it's set to exact pixel mode.

I might be wrong with the HTC resolution, and that could be why - but I'm sure I read it was full 1080p.

Is there a TV output setting? Maybe it's outputting to 720p.

Rich!

Is there a TV output setting? Maybe it's outputting to 720p.

Can't find anything on the menu regarding TV out. The only thing on the entire phone that makes note that it's connected is an HDMI logo in the taskbar at the top.

It definitely does look like it's outputting in 720p.

Edit: might as well also ask here. Emulators...what's the best? My current lineup is as such:

Snes - snes9x EX. Almost flawless.
GBA - My Boy! Works great, better than gameboid.
N64 - N64oid
Gameboy - GBC.emu

Would anyone disagree with these choices?

RetroArch for anything that works with RetroArch

Top Bottom