• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble SNK NeoGeo 25th Anniversary bundle, including several PC debut games

Fallen92

What a weird bundle. So you play the games in your browser but you could also download them. What are you downloading? Files that still require a browser? There are 5 games that are on steam so there's that.

ScOULaris

Someone needs to report back ASAP with whether or not these DRM free games have online play. My logical side says that they are just standalone emulations, but I dare to dream.

Fuck, I'm weak.

I'm gonna buy this soon. Holy shit, I can't even comprehend how amazing a deal this is.

Not just for the heavy hitters (like FUCKING GAROU) but I can't wait to try out some of these other, more obscure games like Sengoku 3. See what they're all about!

Tizoc

What a weird bundle. So you play the games in your browser but you could also download them. What are you downloading? Files that still require a browser? There are 5 games that are on steam so there's that.

Garou and Baseball Stars 2 showed up on the Steamdb registery, those games are coming to Steam down the line.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Surely someone has bought this and can confirm if they are just emulators or if there are any extra features.

We need deets people. We need them now.

The browser emulator is neat but the options outside the game are a bit buggy for me. Like I lowered the volume then during the game the volume became loud without warning.

Wonder if this means SNK is doing less native ports now (anything the currently has a steam key is a port) and just gone for selling ROM sets. Well you get a lot more for your $10 it seems.

what that "play" means, it's free?
Well a 2 minute demo in your Chrome/Firefox browser that counts down as soon as you start the game is free.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
* Gently caresses and pinches Tizoc *

All the games that don't come with steam codes just seem to be emulations of the arcade versions. No extra options or anything.

Garou offers gamepad support but I did not try it out. If you guys are hoping for online play/training modes like the X360 release I would hold off unless you don't care about double dipping.

MUnited83

For you.
It's quite likely they will give steam keys down the line, since many of the games were recently leaked from the steam database.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Surely someone has bought this and can confirm if they are just emulators or if there are any extra features.

We need deets people. We need them now.

Actually I just spent $11 on lunch, why the fuck am I even questioning this. Bought.

Tizoc

This is me right now
giphy.gif

Skilletor

I was excited until I realized Garou was not the steam version.

Still...only 10 bucks, so meh. Stuff to play on my laptop.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Anything without a steam key seems to be just ROMs

Yup, just tried a demo. No online options. Will pass then.

I wish someone would just port the Playstation 2 NeoGeo Archives collections to PC with online play. Those games gave you the AES versions of games with Neo CD soundtracks and extra modes like training and color edit.

Syril

Oh wow, you're right, I don't even think it was in the Anthology from a few years ago. Refresh my memory since it's been a while, what was it that made it the definitive version compared to the original again?
Mainly gameplay rebalancing, and Sankuro/Yumeji/Poppy were replaced with Amakusa/Mizuki/Zankuro.

It also added graphic fatalities that the child characters weren't exempt from this time. Some of them are super disturbing.

Top Bottom