• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HuniePop Steam |OT| We just play it for the puzzles

Chariot

It has been popular lately.
I know Sunrider and Everlasting Summer do it too.
It's also fairly easy to put the uncensored NekoPara in steam, with working achievements.
Bu does Sunrider include real nudity? I just know about a shower scene.

Chariot

From the devs themselves? And posted on Steam community forums? That's not the case for Sunrider or Nekopara, though I can't speak to the situation with Everlasting Summer.
Everlasting summer released free to play with sex scenes. They were quickly asked by Valve to take them out after people complained.

This game is pretty good, I have never played Candy Crush before, I can see why it's addictive, just in another perspective, heh.

Also I fucked up pretty badly in the beginning didn't know how to play the mini game, and that it's only at night you could do the final game act.

I don't see the problem with Munies, I got too many of them, I also keep throwing out gifts, maybe if there was a stash to all the gifts, would be cool.

Visual "dating" eroge games, or whatever you call these, could learn a thing or two from this one, just wish there were more pictures to collect. =P

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
This game is pretty good, I have never played Candy Crush before, I can see why it's addictive, just in another perspective, heh.

Also I fucked up pretty badly in the beginning didn't know how to play the mini game, and that it's only at night you could do the final game act.

I don't see the problem with Munies, I got too many of them, I also keep throwing out gifts, maybe if there was a stash to all the gifts, would be cool.

Visual "dating" eroge games, or whatever you call these, could learn a thing or two from this one, just wish there were more pictures to collect. =P
I don't think eroge has anything to learn from this game. It just throws on a game on top of the dialog which they have been doing for like forever now.

Annubis

I don't think eroge has anything to learn from this game. It just throws on a game on top of the dialog which they have been doing for like forever now.

Yeah, I'd rather they learn from Kamidori instead.
I pretty much forgot I was playing an eroge with that game because it was so damn fun.

From Twitch Support
Per our Rules of Conduct, HuniePop broadcasts will be closed for amount of sexual content, regardless of version.
I haven't played the game yet, but is there censored version really worthy of a ban?

Beth Cyra

dead_putting_society_52.jpg
Lol.

That is fair, and I get that. I just think this game showed me that simply the medium and how I play games really won't line up any more. It's not like back in the day when I enjoyed stuff like battlegrounds and games of that difficulty.

I've just grow soft I suppose.

They don't even allow male streamers to stream shirtless anymore AFAIK. I'd say it's consistent with their policy.
I know, but I saw that decision as a way to combat streamers who focus more on their body and appearance than on the games, not as a change because they are prude.

I'm just curious if the censored version of Huniepop breaks this rule or not
Sexually explicit acts or content: Nudity can't be a core focus or feature of the game in question,modded nudity is disallowed in it's entirety, and occurrences in game are ok so long as you do not make them a primary focus of your stream and only spend as much time as needed in the area to progress the game's story.
EDIT: I guess they decide on a case by case basis for every game, for example
Sakura Angels is ok, but not Sakura Spirits due to content.

Beth Cyra

calling the game trash because you can't beat the game is... wow
Lol it has nothing to do with the game being beaten.

There are several games I consider trash and the only one I've never beaten is Honiepop. Even if I had beaten the final fight I'd still consider it trash because while the story can be fun the game systems are awful and there is hardly anything to the game.

All the reasons I backed it are absent and the game is much worse for it.

Tizoc

I am such an idiot, I forgot I can buy Gifts with my Munie to make the match 3 things much easier uuuuugh.

Lol it has nothing to do with the game being beaten.

There are several games I consider trash and the only one I've never beaten is Honiepop. Even if I had beaten the final fight I'd still consider it trash because while the story can be fun the game systems are awful and there is hardly anything to the game.

All the reasons I backed it are absent and the game is much worse for it.
if it helps, they're currently having a poll right now about the night game difficulty and might make it more lenient/easier in a patch.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Its not even hard, as long as you are making a match after the last you win

100% the game you get nothing from what I could tell

Annubis

Its not even hard, as long as you are making a match after the last you win

100% the game you get nothing from what I could tell

awwwwwwwww.... (totally expected it)
Not sure I want to bust my ass until I get all my missing gifts anymore now =/
Heck, I'd do it just for an additional CG or something.

terrisus

I'm just curious if the censored version of Huniepop breaks this rule or not

modded nudity is disallowed in it's entirety

Well, if nothing else, they used the wrong form of it's/its... >.>

(I personally don't have a very high opinion of streaming websites, and basically view them as a slipshod, self-important effort anyway)

Beth Cyra

if it helps, they're currently having a poll right now about the night game difficulty and might make it more lenient/easier in a patch.
It's not even the difficulty that get me, like I said I've loved games like DMC4/3 and Ninja Gaiden.

It's the fact it comes out of know where drops the majority of game mechanics and just dumps the player in this thing and doesn't have a way to stop with out alt tabing.

Like I know Dark Souls is a hard game but it teaches players a skill set and continues to evolve as it goes on and the difficulty ramps up, and new bosses and their mechanics are introduced.

I loath games like Dark Souls, but I'd never ever try to claim Dark Souls is trash because it's difficulty.

Lain

Opened Steam and saw I downloaded a 5MB patch for the game. Anyone knows what's been changed/patched/fixed?

McNum

Ice Rink is such a good/addicting song.
Easily my favorite song on the soundtrack.

So, anyone have some great dating gift combinations to share? I have a few good ones.

Open with: Suede Ankle Boots.
Costs 3 Sentiment, all 4+ combinations give 3 Sentiment for the rest of the date. Pop these ASAP to fuel a lot of gift use.

Mid game: Hoop Earrings into Stuffed Bear into Pink Lily, if needed.
Broken Hearts suck, for the most part. So let's use them for extra turns, turn them into Passion tokens and then collect all Passion tokens. More Passion is good, gotta love force multipliers.

Finishing move: Shiny Lipstick
For a measly four Sentiment, you get to unleash the power of converting one specific token of your choice into a power token. Use this to just outright win the date.

The plan basically is to immediately start building Sentiment by giving you lots of options for getting it. 4+ combos aren't rare... and for this strategy that's good. Use the midgame combo for stalling for turns and building up Passion while you try to build up a very specific 4+ combo. The one matching the girl's preference. Get Passion up to as high as you can, at least level 10-11 if possible, and have the 4+ combo ready to go. Now pop the lipstick on one of the tokens and match 4 for a massive amount of points. If you can match 5, you pretty much win right then and there. Or if you manage to match multiple power tokens.

Of course, this plan hinges on keeping the power token multiplier and passion stats up to date, so to speak. Don't let them fall behind.

And yes. That's only five gifts, so I actually have a spare slot. I'm open to suggestions. Currently using the Sunflower, but I finish way before additional turns from that become necessary.

HawthorneKitty

Yeah, my tactic is Get 6 Sentiment, use Suede Ankle Boots ASAP. If I can't get 6 immediately, aim for any Passion you can. I have a Stuffed Cat and Bear to clear the Broken Hearts/ get good combos on Passion. I also bring the Pink Lily for more Passion. I have the Sunflower for extra moves/ clearing some board. Lastly, I bring the dedicated favorite trait flower for the specific date.

Replacing something for a Perfume is probably better.

SiDCrAzY

I'm somewhat enjoying this game, was wondering if anybody had any recommendations on similar games/visual novels?

Something mature and with a bit more of a story to it than HuniePop.

Never really got into these type of games, but it seems like my favorite parts of Persona games without the fighting.

I'm somewhat enjoying this game, was wondering if anybody had any recommendations on similar games/visual novels?

Never really got into these type of games, but it seems like my favorite parts of Persona games without the fighting.

Check out Katawa Shoujo, it's free

Saprol

I usually open with Suede Ankle Boots too. 3 stuffed animals for converting purple to specials plus Sunflower for Penguin->Sunflower move stacking. If I don't need immediate purple clear or extra moves, I'll dump 8 sentiment into Leopard Print Heels to turn any 4+ matches into +1 move. Gotta get all those special match bonuses.

I could go without so many stuffies but purple hearts being percentage based damage is too obnoxious to leave to chance. Need a fair amount of power tokens to reach the 6650 score cap in hard mode.

Lev

Is there any benefit in filling up a chick with food before a date puzzle? I noticed if you do the same thing but with booze, you start off with 6 sentiment, which is nice. Too bad Venus has such a high tolerance for alcohol, which prevents you from using this strategy.

Du2andal

Banned
Damn, I somehow made it through
Venus
without her ever sending me the second picture. It is the one blank spot in my gallery. Wonder if this means I wont be able to get 100% now...

Thank you, checking it out now.

Bring your tissues.

Cause you might experience some genuine feels, not for the uh... other thing lol

I ought to finish it up myself. It's been about 3 years since it came out and I still haven't finished all of the routes.

Oh, and you oughtta check out Steins;Gate regardless of anything. Cause S;G is amazing.

HawthorneKitty

Are you wanting something that has a mini-game type thing attached to it?

Lev

If you're talking about what I'm thinking you're talking about:
go to the beach at night with the weird thing and you meet a new girl
Thank you, checking it out now.

Is it too late if you already have Venus unlocked? I don't see anyone going to the beach at night anymore.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Is it too late if you already have Venus unlocked? I don't see anyone going to the beach at night anymore.

it is random but people will eventually go to the beach, just gotta wait for it, I saw nikki going there a lot.

Top Bottom