• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HuniePop Steam |OT| We just play it for the puzzles

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The worst part about grinding for money is you can't really do it at night time as it triggers the pointless sex minigame that has no reward after the first time.

Annubis

Well, ive courted every girl to 5 hearts. Now just to grind through dates for money to 100% this beast at some point and see if there is any last secret hiding.

Yeah...
I'm hoping there is but I'm pretty much expecting:

destiny_fucking_nothing.gif

McNum

The worst part about grinding for money is you can't really do it at night time as it triggers the pointless sex minigame that has no reward after the first time.
That and when you upgraded everything to max, Hunie becomes worthless, too. The endgame has some issues there. Could really use a Hunie sink at the end.

Does date difficulty max out at some point? I had the final one with
Venus
require a whopping 5000 points. I mean, it's still manageable, but still. Over 5000 is going to be tricky if I want to continue that file.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That and when you upgraded everything to max, Hunie becomes worthless, too. The endgame has some issues there. Could really use a Hunie sink at the end.

Does date difficulty max out at some point? I had the final one with
Venus
require a whopping 5000 points. I mean, it's still manageable, but still. Over 5000 is going to be tricky if I want to continue that file.

Date difficulty is based on how many hearts you have across all girls.

Edit: Also filling out the girls info sheet is annoying as you randomly get chances to ask a question and sometimes it can take a long as time. The other annoying part is the fact the presents in the shop are random so you basically cycle through days trying to fill out their gift chart.

Chariot

Ah, fuck me sideways! I somehow got 12/12 without changing my difficulty, Palutena was so annyoing, but I wanted to finish the game. Don't know if I want to collect everything. I watch you guys do that, because the chance is high that it does nothing :,(

I mean, it's a bit hollow, but I was entertained for 11 hours and can now brag to all my friends over my virtual panty collection.

terrisus

Wait a minute...
>.>
What the heck is this game?...
<.<
Oh, hey, puzzle matching. That's innocent enough...
>.>
And, umm... Well...
<.<
Yeah...

Chariot

We seriously need more girls like Audrey in games.
We just need an actual Visual Novel with that writing. If the Sakura games would sohnd like that I could actually start to enjoy them.

I am actual interested in the relationships between betwen the girls. I mean I never got a conclusion to Audrey's hair.

fedexpeon

Banned
Well, I almost collect all the pictures.
Yet, I am still playing this game.
Without the sexual stuff, the matching+RPG/Inventory system is really fun.
They could have done really well if they created a mobile app just for the puzzle stuff.

terrisus

Oh, hey, if there's anyone hanging out in this thread who doesn't have this yet who wants it, I'm not going to use the Steam key, since I don't do Steam, and I'm fine with the DRM-free version. So just reply to this saying you want it and the first person who does can have the key =)

Oh, hey, if there's anyone hanging out in this thread who doesn't have this yet who wants it, I'm not going to use the Steam key, since I don't do Steam, and I'm fine with the DRM-free version. So just reply to this saying you want it and the first person who does can have the key =)

May I have it, good sir?

Slashlen

...I'm probably better off...

A GAF OT for HuniePop? Subbed.

So, my entire day has been chunks of playing HP. Was playing pretty late, since I was asleep and didn't catch the early release announcement until around 1am, then was hooked in for like... 4 hours?

The game is rather interesting. I don't play many games like it (VNs are about a half-step away), but what I've actually enjoyed is the Match 3 puzzle gameplay, and the general atmosphere of the game itself.

I'm inclined to say Based Audrey (at the behest of her VA), but Aiko and Tiffany are pretty cool. However, the single most frustrating thing about this game is how every other time, I've managed to fall short in dating sessions. I almost rage-quit when I ended up with 298/300, after rallying from a broken heart chain mistake.

There's still a lot to do, since I haven't gotten every girl to five hearts as yet, but man, it really can be a challenge.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Kyanna was the one that naturally fits with me.
Aiko is the hardest for me to figure out despite my love for teachers.

Chariot

The easiest for me were Nikki and Kyanna. They were very straight forward and the answers were obvious enough. It helped that I really liked them both, together with Lola and Beli.

Audrey was pretty easy too. I just had to choose the answer I would've picked the least in RL :p She is fun to read, she hated absolutely everything I did and said. Similiar thing for Kyu.

Didnt like Aiko and Jessie. Just not my typ of eoman I guess.

The most confusing was Tiffany. It was emberassing how I couldn't get the optimal answer of any of her questions right the first time. I really had and still have trouble to understand her.

MUnited83

For you.
Wow, this is selling amazingly well. There's currently 1317 people playing it. That's much more than the average VN and it's actually more than two times higher than the new Lara Croft game.

People actually had trouble with the QA stuff? I thought most of it was dead obvious given the characters' strict adherence to tropes and whatnot. Audrey and Kyu were my favorites, I liked Tiffany too, since she sorta reminds me of Emi from KS.

Lev

Does the game have xinput (360 controller) support?

Also, good to know you can hide games from your Steam library, but is it hiding it from your friends or from your game list?

You don't want to play on a pad to play this game. Your cursor won't move fast enough with a pad to complete the 3-match sex mini-game.

I'm getting pretty close to "beating" the game. I hope something happens when you 100% the game (get all the sex
scenes, give all the girls gifts that they like, fill out that chart that has their personal data).

terrisus

Just played a little bit of it, up through the first puzzle.
It's a pretty fun game.

She keeps insulting me though >.>
=(

How does saving work?
I exited and it was saved more or less where I last was automatically (it made me go through getting that HunieBee thing again, which I had already done).
But, unless I'm missing it, there doesn't seem to be a Save option anywhere.
So it just saves automatically at various points or something?

Jawmuncher

Just played a little bit of it, up through the first puzzle.
It's a pretty fun game.

She keeps insulting me though >.>
=(

How does saving work?
I exited and it was saved more or less where I last was automatically (it made me go through getting that HunieBee thing again, which I had already done).

Saves at the start of talking to someone I believe.
So morning talk to someone finish up there and when you go to someone else it will save.
So that black screen that says the time it always saves there I know for sure.

Du2andal

Banned

Yeah, it autosaves whenever time moves forward I believe.

EDIT: That's right, it saves after dialog choices also. No fixing that shit. "I take it back! Family is totally the most important thing!"

terrisus

Saves at the start of talking to someone I believe.
So morning talk to someone finish up there and when you go to someone else it will save.
So that black screen that says the time it always saves there I know for sure.

Yeah, it autosaves whenever time moves forward I believe.

Ah, alright.
That kind of sucks, since it means one can't really reload a save and try somethng different after going through talking with them.
Ah well.

Well, that's all for tonight.
More tomorrow! ^.^

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
If you're into female swearing, Mira in Dreamfall Chapters is pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEYDrPKcg_s&t=4m24s

in case you don't know hindi
, "kutriya" = dog, "bhenchod" = sisterfucker, "haramzada" = bastard, "madharchod" = motherfucker, "gandu" = ass.

Ha, that's fantastic.

---

Finished up my playthrough. I'm pretty happy with it overall - decent entertainment value for the price. Now to see how those sales numbers and reviews play out.

Lain

Celeste is totally fine.

Now, on a more serious note, the game is fun up to a point. The way talking to the girls ended up being so shallow is a big disappointment. I would have loved if those question/answers would lead somewhere into a conversation tree instead of simply being a way to fill a fact sheet and at the end simply answering the same questions.

Beth Cyra

Well HuniePop has done what nothing else could, made it so I will not play another game again aside from FF XV.

Granted it's not all Huniepop's fault but it perfectly captured why I hate so many games, and it's not even the writing, as I laughed a few times along with Aiko.

The Sex Grids are awful and frankly have no business even being in the game as it takes the skill set you hone with the items and building up your character and chucks it out all for a a quickly descending timer.

Granted I think I know why they did it, they wanted to add challenge and change up the game play, well that is my problem.

Over the last few years I've learned I really don't like it when a game feels it needs to get harder as it goes on, granted I know I'm in a minority when it comes to this but I like a game that is fun and consistent all the way through.

DMC 4 is a perfect example of this, it sets the expectations and no point does the difficulty really spike nor does it really get harder, in fact as you master Nero and Dante things get easier because you actually get more powerful.

I spent 3 hours (on easy) trying to finish the grid on
Venus
, I got over 700 a dozen times and even past 735 a few times but my eyes gave out because I can't track games like this with out getting a major head ache, it a personal issue but to have this happen on such a minor gameplay thing that goes against the rest of the game just killed my desire for games as a whole.

One of my favorite games of all time is PoP 2008 and its because the game has a perfect difficulty, you could die but be back in it instantly and you always where able to move on after you took a few tries and mastered it. No luck with extra enemies not spawning (like the long chains needed in these stupid segments) and the game was tarred and feathered because it didn't punish players enough.

I want to live in a world that embraced PoP 2008, because it's the same mindset that got it hammered that allowed trash like Huniepop's finale.

Feep

Banned
Well HuniePop has done what nothing else could, made it so I will not play another game again aside from FF XV.

Granted it's not all Huniepop's fault but it perfectly captured why I hate so many games, and it's not even the writing, as I laughed a few times along with Aiko.

The Sex Grids are awful and frankly have no business even being in the game as it takes the skill set you hone with the items and building up your character and chucks it out all for a a quickly descending timer.

Granted I think I know why they did it, they wanted to add challenge and change up the game play, well that is my problem.

Over the last few years I've learned I really don't like it when a game feels it needs to get harder as it goes on, granted I know I'm in a minority when it comes to this but I like a game that is fun and consistent all the way through.

DMC 4 is a perfect example of this, it sets the expectations and no point does the difficulty really spike nor does it really get harder, in fact as you master Nero and Dante things get easier because you actually get more powerful.

Venus
, I got over 700 a dozen times and even past 735 a few times but my eyes gave out because I can't track games like this with out getting a major head ache, it a personal issue but to have this happen on such a minor gameplay thing that goes against the rest of the game just killed my desire for games as a whole.

One of my favorite games of all time is PoP 2008 and its because the game has a perfect difficulty, you could die but be back in it instantly and you always where able to move on after you took a few tries and mastered it. No luck with extra enemies not spawning (like the long chains needed in these stupid segments) and the game was tarred and feathered because it didn't punish players enough.

I want to live in a world that embraced PoP 2008, because it's the same mindset that got it hammered that allowed trash like Huniepop's finale.
Uh, okay. Some of us like the feeling of mastery and triumphing over increasingly difficult challenge. It's cool that you don't?

Not sure what else to say.

Ban Puncher

Venus

dead_putting_society_52.jpg

Top Bottom