• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HuniePop Steam |OT| We just play it for the puzzles

Squire

Banned
Can't hate on this when Mega64 did the same thing with Catherine, though this is actually less awkward (but still not really funny).

Edit: I did not watch the full video, so feel free to correct me if anything really bad happens in it.

Not computing your logic. One company doing something shitty doesn't a give other companies a free pass to do the same. Sounds like two different entities pulled the same shitty stunt. You should be "hating" on both parties.

Cyrano

I guess if you think it's generally wrong to do this stuff. Personally I'm okay with this Jackass type of comedy as long as it doesn't cross certain lines. (Like touching or stalking for example)
I found Jackass comedy funny when I 15~ish but now I just find it creepy/weird/dangerous (depending on circumstance).

FluxWaveZ

Oh my god, I am so glad this game exists. This is just fantastic.

While this game should never be held as an achievement of the medium, it dares to go against conventions and manages to stay funny, intended or not. It just happens to have some lewd content in there and that will always play against it.

I say we need more games like this.

That's pretty much what I think. I feel like we need more games like this, for some reason, even though this isn't my type of thing at all. At least, it seems the dialogue is rather unique, and I do feel a compulsion to play it for that.

Chariot

Uhm. I have five hearts with Lola and went with her on two additional dates, but I am not quite sure what I am supposed to do now. Is there an end to her story or am I supposed to now just go for other girls? I am so confused.

Just entered a twitch stream of this game and the first thing i see is boobs.

8DJpbmC.jpg

Exuro

Uhm. I have five hearts with Lola and went with her on two additional dates, but I am not quite sure what I am supposed to do now. Is there an end to her story or am I supposed to now just go for other girls? I am so confused.
date at night

Is it weird that the one thing that stands out from this game for me is the presentation? Speaking strictly of the puzzle mode, everything looks nice and fluid, the little animations are neat, and I like the art style...

I guess I just really like the whole "cute" puzzle game thing, but I don't want to buy an adult game and have everyone see it on my Steam, lol.

(And yes, the whole "SJW" shout-out did bother me, though I try to separate video games from their creators. Otherwise I wouldn't like Sim City, a game which was influenced by Will Wright's political views, as evident by things such as nuclear power plants always melting down.)

BiggNife

Couldn't said hate group turn around and say the same thing saying he doesn't really support them because he praises a feminist.

Sure? Doesn't change my opinion though. As others have said, the fact that the creator uses the term SJWs non-ironically is pretty gross.

Chariot

So...
I'm having intercourse and I'm quite lost at what I need to do.
Am I just bad in bed or something ;_;
It's the same mini game like dating, but you don't have limited rounds, but have to be fast. There are no bad stones, just throw everything together you see as fast as you can.

BTA

Sorry, but just because he praises a feminist doesn't excuse his support for a misogynistic hate group, IMO.

Agreed. I was also pretty sure he was being sarcastic, but the next tweet shows he's being sincere (though kinda misinterpreting her arguments, which doesn't surprise me). Either way, this one little thing he's maybe not terrible about definitely doesn't compare to the rest. Even if he's trying to say that he's not fully siding with GG, he apparently has the same exact view of """SJWs""" and is totally willing to turn to GG's sites to get reviews in his favor.

So just... maybe don't give this guy any more money; I will definitely agree that the game looks terrible in an entertaining way, but even buying ironically is supporting them.

Annubis

It's the same mini game like dating, but you don't have limited rounds, but have to be fast. There are no bad stones, just throw everything together you see as fast as you can.

Ahhhhhhh yeah that worked.
Thanks for the help. This is like some creepy cyrano de bergerac.

bengraven

I've got exes and their husbands on Steam. And I'm married. Imagine the catty ass shit they'd say if I bought this.

I believe the un-censored version has bedroom events. The Steam version is censored.

Chariot

This sounds like an Off-topic thread title.
Hahaha

I believe the un-censored version has bedroom events. The Steam version is censored.
I have the uncensored version. I am currently just blindly dating everyone to get money to buy all presents for Lola. Because absolutely don't know what to do. She is on five stars for hours, I had several day dates and an additional night date with her (other than the four star even night).

Hahaha

I have the uncensored version. I am currently just blindly dating everyone to get money to buy all presents for Lola. Because absolutely don't know what to do. She is on five stars for hours, I had several day dates and an additional night date with her (other than the four star even night).

Ah, I am still at work so I don't know what you would need to bed Lola.

I plan to aim for Kyu, Aiko, and Momo (the catgirl, IIRC).

Chariot

Ah, I am still at work so I don't know what you would need to bed Lola.

I plan to aim for Kyu, Aiko, and Momo (the catgirl, IIRC).
You don't understand my problem. I did bed her. But I am searching for something like closure to the story. Can I actually go out with her or is this game actually just about whoring around until one is bored?

You don't understand my problem. I did bed her. But I am searching for something like closure to the story. Can I actually go out with her or is this game actually just about whoring around until one is bored?

I don't know if there is an actual end game or not because the game's objective is to have you end up with someone.

Is there a deadline in the game? If there is a deadline, you might have to wait until the deadline.

This end game mystery is just like P.T. all over again.

dani_dc

I don't know if there is an actual end game or not because the game's objective is to have you end up with someone.

Is there a deadline in the game? If there is a deadline, you might have to wait until the deadline.

No deadline.
I think you might just have to bed everyone.

Beth Cyra

Well it seems like it's impossible to finish the game.

I literally can't do the bed room part where it ticks down really fast. I get lost with the gems and have to do things slowly. I tried for twenty minutes and couldn't get above 100 because I simply can't play games like that.

Now I'm mad I paid money for something that is impossible for me to do and the dev didn't even put in a quit button so you can stop thinking mini game.

Ventara

Oh man, it finally out? I think I'll have to pick this up. The dialogue in this game seems too good to wait for a sale, and it's already 20% off.

#teamkyanna

Chariot

There is definitly no deadline. Dev said there used to be one, but they decided against it. But I still gon't know if I can actually finish the game. murf.

This end game mystery is just like P.T. all over again.
What is P.T.?

Top Bottom