• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

vypek

What is going on?

How did Chrollo get his powers back?

Waaaah Hisoka vs Chrollo in the heavens arena is SO hype though. I was always hoping for a return to see what awaits at the top.

Edit - Hmm I always thought Hisoka-Chrollo would be part of the HxH endgame. I wish this fight had more build up and anticipation towards it; being out of the blue is rather unfitting. However Togashi is one to go against normal convention; I really hope this isn't a case of him rushing to finish the series a la YuYu Hakusho.

There was a nen eraser on Greed Island. They didn't show it but he must have removed Kurapika's chain from Kuroro.

vareon

I'm not sure who will die (if any) in the fight as it doesn't really have clear impact towards the arc. Chrollo has no end goal besides screwing the world with his troupe and Hisoka.... Well this is his goal. The reason why Chrollo showed up in the story again is maybe because Kurapika is prominent in the story again.

Either way both are not abovd faking their deaths so yeah.

Also on why Chrollo explained his powers: Chrollo admitted he's trying to look cool.

vypek

Ah yes I recall him leaving Greed Island with Hisoka, correct?

Yep. That's correct. His last scenes are him touching the bomber and saying the special phrase to get dispel the creature following him and then he uses a card to get to Hisoka and they leave to remove the nen.

I'm actually not that hyped about this(likely cause it came out of the blue), i like the super wordy murder ship and dark continent stuff better

I had to go back and check to see if maybe I had missed a chapter. Talk about out of the fucking blue. Still, pretty hype to see Chrollo and Hisoka finally duking it out. Been waiting on this for a while. I hope Hisoka doesn't die cuz he's probably one of my favorite characters but at the same time seeing Chrollo die would suck too. A real toughie this one. And for those saying that they'd rather get back to the Dark Continent stuff, don't believe for one sec that this won't be related somehow. Togashi may have some shortcomings as a mangaka but connecting plot threads ain't one of them. Anywho, excited to see how the battle plays out. Keep on writing, Togashi! We believe in you!

PS: Did anyone else think they were fake Chrollo and Hisoka? The art style looked kinda different than usual so I thought some impostors were hanging out in the Heaven's Arena. I think the rumors about Sailor Moon wife helping out might have some merit.

smurfx

get some go again
hisoka dying would hurt the series more since he has a bunch of connections to various characters. chrollo only really has ties to kurapika and kurapika didn't even kill him when he had the chance. i think the spiders might end up catching a ride to the dark continent and end up getting killed there. would be similar to how they got to face off against some of the ants except this time they will mostly get killed.

DrD

Completely forgot there was a new chapter coming out. Hunter x Hunter has the best fights of any manga/anime imo, so I'm expecting good things from this fight. Team Hisoka all the way.

Daingurse

I can't believe this fight is actually happening. Good lord this chapter was hype. Just ffrom seeing Heaven's Arena on page 1, I knew this would be some good shit!

Will we ever get to the dark continent?

I think it's gonna take a minute. Can't wait till they get there. Shit's gonna be like a mega-dark Gourmet World lol.

Will we ever get to the dark continent?

Quite a while yet.

There's a lot to get through before they even reach the shores of DC.

The boat journey to DC is looking to be its own arc [the whole "Hunger Games: Prince Edition" the body guards, Ging and Pariston conflict. Then there's that whole "fake continent" stuff where they have to drop off civilians.

Erigu

So is it confirmed it's a flashback due to Hirumi mentioning the game of Tag of Hisoka in the Chairman election ?
I don't think there's any reason to believe he was done chasing his target at the time. I would assume this isn't a flashback.

Chrollo should die; he only has importance to the Kurapika plot, but Kurapika already moved on from him.

I think that's more than enough, Kurapika is one of the leads. One of the pillars behind Kurapika's existence is to take down the troupe. I'm sure his priority will shift back to them eventually.

Hisoka on the other hand is pretty much irrelevant from an overall storytelling perspective. What does he have going for him beyond a match against Gon that we've already seen?

Jigolo

I don't think anyone will die to be honest and I hope they don't. Both characters still have so much potential.

Lulubop

I feel like Lucifer should stomp. I never saw Hisoka as being more powerful than Zeno or Silva.

A little disappointed Kurapika didn't make even so much as a passing mention about the seal on Chrollo's nen being broken.

vareon

I don't think anyone will die to be honest and I hope they don't. Both characters still have so much potential.

I really hope so, but Togashi has a knack to bring back old character from years ago and kill him/her. What's weird is this fight, besides being cool as shit, has no bearing whatsoever to the main plot or current main character's motives.

kirblar

There's a deathmatch.

One of the characters is one of the 5 main characters. One is not. We know the outcome's not Hisoka dying.

MCD

I really hope so, but Togashi has a knack to bring back old character from years ago and kill him/her. What's weird is this fight, besides being cool as shit, has no bearing whatsoever to the main plot or current main character's motives.

One of the princes could be watching and hire the winner. Who knows, it could happen.

Slaythe

Just read it.

Expected shitty chairman chapters again.

Almost died from hype.

Too good.

Between SSB Kaioken and that, my 12 years old self is in heaven this week.

Well hopefully we get a ton of constant chapters :)

CdvXXLFWwAAhfvh.jpg

Daingurse

There's a deathmatch.

One of the characters is one of the 5 main characters. One is not. We know the outcome's not Hisoka dying.

I honestly think one of these characters is dying. No one really feels safe in Hunter x Hunter. I don't want either of these characters to die too, so the tension is really fucking high. If I had to take my bets though, I would agree with you. Hisoka has more to do in his future.

Can't even imagine how powerful Gon and Killua will be in their twenties.

They'd be absolute Nen monsters. They have so much potential.

Slaythe

While we agree it's impossible hisoka will die, I refuse to see Chrollo die now.

With ALL OF HIS ABILITIES he has to have some escape plan in place if things go south.

I guess some people did predict that Hisoka will use his power on the book so that Chrollo uses the wrong ability :/ .

But still, Chrollo has so much potential. Bringing him back finally, just to die ? It's kinda expected and lame.

If togashi is trying to tie up loose ends to rush the manga and to end it sure. Otherwise it shouldn't happen.

cyborg009

Banned
I feel like Lucifer should stomp. I never saw Hisoka as being more powerful than Zeno or Silva.

A little disappointed Kurapika didn't make even so much as a passing mention about the seal on Chrollo's nen being broken.

Isn't it technically not broken but someone else is carrying it?

Can't even imagine how powerful Gon and Killua will be in their twenties.

We already have an idea with Gon although I don't think his raw-power will be quite that extreme. Basically, the way I think the way "Gon San" worked is that he became a MUCH more powerful version of his current self - he didn't suddenly have new abilities he didn't already know. Therefore he had a stronger Ja Janken and improved physical attributes but no newer abilities. So while at twenty years old while Gon may not have as much raw destructive power, he'll make up for it in other areas.

Killua is the difficult one because we have no "Killua-san" - we don't even really know how powerful he is right now, let alone when he's in his twenties.

This is what we know. A bloodlusted Killua without his Hatsu effortlessly one shotted Rammot who had Nen. In contrast the combined forces of himself and Gon with their Hatsu merely damaged a Nenless Rammot. This was also before he developed Godspeed.

Killua's performance against Youpi isn't much of an indicator. Him not being able to damage him doesn't say much because Youpi is the most durable character in the series [besides Meruem] - this is why its difficult to place Killua. Would those same attacks of his hurt pretty much any non Royal guard/King opponent?

smurfx

get some go again
Togashi got me on my toes. Gon might even show up soon. But I think there will be a timsekip, Togashi has got be dying to do one.
next chapter we time skip 10 years and have a short recap of everything that happened in the dark continent and the manga ends.

Jigolo

Goddamn. So tempted to catch up on this, but I hate catching up all at once and then waiting for two years

I think he's back for a decent amount of time now. He's acknowledged his back issue enough to mention it in the Weekly magazine. He said he's been exercises and has lost the weight and feels better.

But that's just the feeling I get. For all we know 2 more chapters and he's gone again

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hm. I'm torn. On the one hand I like the second to last chapter a lot. Always nice to see old faces back again, and I feel like I have a better handle on the actual dynamics of the Dark Continent expedition now

On the other hand,
the Chrollo Hisoka fight feels a bit...off? First off, why is Chrollo a floor master? He never struck me as the type to bother with the Heaven's Arena, unless its just been a source of abilities for him to steal. Plus, shouldn't Hisoka know a bit more about how Shalnark's mind control works? And all of the time that Chrollo spends explaining in detail all of the ways the book has changed felt weirdly paced. A bit longer than I'm used to for "haha here are how my NEW powers work!" scenes

vypek

they probably don't all know how the others powers work. Remember the last of the troupe that has a memory gun? Many of them didn't know. And same with the zodiacs. No one really seems to give out their full power information so it's possible that Hisoka didn't know much or any of Shalnarks power.

kirblar

Hm. I'm torn. On the one hand I like the second to last chapter a lot. Always nice to see old faces back again, and I feel like I have a better handle on the actual dynamics of the Dark Continent expedition now

On the other hand,
the Chrollo Hisoka fight feels a bit...off? First off, why is Chrollo a floor master? He never struck me as the type to bother with the Heaven's Arena, unless its just been a source of abilities for him to steal. Plus, shouldn't Hisoka know a bit more about how Shalnark's mind control works? And all of the time that Chrollo spends explaining in detail all of the ways the book has changed felt weirdly paced. A bit longer than I'm used to for "haha here are how my NEW powers work!" scenes
I suspect that this fight is in here as a peace offering to the fans.

Lulubop

On the other hand,

He was likely hiding from Hisoka while gaining new abilities and testing his own new ones. Makes sense. The spiders don't necessarily know each other powers, just like the Zodiacs.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I going to guess that this is all a pretense for Chrollo to steal Hisoka's ability. We'll see Hisoka slowly fulfill the conditions over the next few chapters until bloop bungee gum gone.
And then Chrollo peaces out and leaves Hisoka alive but powerless. Which would be pretty fascinating to watch the dynamics of since it's the one scenario that would actually bother Hisoka (both killing Chrollo and dying himself would likely please Hisoka)

Top Bottom